Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season..

Talk on the national game

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:20 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:Power will be lucky to finish top 4, a very tough run home with Coll, Syd, GC, Freo to come & 3 of them are away.

They do play Richmnond and Melbourne before those games so they could be coming off two big/easy wins and get some confidence back before hitting up the Pies. Power will make the top 4 but will have to travel in the first week of finals.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 pm

The pies aren't travelling too flash either, and GC without gaz looks like a much easier proposition.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Pies lose to us this week and they miss finals IMO. Would expect them to win win this week though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3561 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:Pies lose to us this week and they miss finals IMO. Would expect them to win win this week though

Goddard out this week doesnt help.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 pm

The crunch games seem to be essendon collingwood, crows north melb, crows collingwood, and essendon Gold Coast.

On current form I can actually see the pies missing and crows and north melb making it, with essendon and gold coast to play an early elimination final in round 22
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby probie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Here's one for ya. There's one team that has no business being in or around the top four. One team that with the "re-generation" the afl wants to see, should not be thinking finals.
That team is my pick to win the whole bloody thing from here:
Geelong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
probie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:51 pm

probie wrote:Here's one for ya. There's one team that has no business being in or around the top four. One team that with the "re-generation" the afl wants to see, should not be thinking finals.
Geelong!

Geelong won't make the top 4, North will.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Spargo wrote:
probie wrote:Here's one for ya. There's one team that has no business being in or around the top four. One team that with the "re-generation" the afl wants to see, should not be thinking finals.
Geelong!

Geelong won't make the top 4, North will.

On paper you should. We can't beat Freo, our record against you guys at the Dome is average. However, you jokers can lose to anyone anywhere. Remember when all you had to do was knock off the (then) lowly Power to get the double chance? Nek minet got flogged. Remember the other week when you went up to play against a bunch of kids and midgets in Brisbane? OUCH.

Geelong have been ordinary all year so your prediction is not without a chance of coming true. I keep hoping we'll play a decent game this season. If I had to choose one match it would be against Freo but if we beat you guys it's advantage Catters. Any chance of leaving the roof open? ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:if we beat you guys it's advantage Catters.

If you beat us you'll be three games clear of us and safe in fourth - if we get up we'll also be hoping you drop the Freo or Hawks game (or both) and we may grab fourth.
We still have to get over Carlton Friday night though.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:07 pm

I find it gobsmacking that we have played half rat power all year and we're still sitting 4th. If we can peak at the right time, who knows what could happen. I definitely believe we have the cattle to make the big dance but at the end of the day, we probably don't deserve to make it, especially the way we have been playing.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I find it gobsmacking that we have played half rat power all year and we're still sitting 4th. If we can peak at the right time, who knows what could happen. I definitely believe we have the cattle to make the big dance but at the end of the day, we probably don't deserve to make it, especially the way we have been playing.

I think the top 3 have your measure, I think your about on par with the Kangas and Port and experience at crunch time against either Port or the 'Roos would get you over the line into a Prelim.

Saying that, if you end up 5th and get a Essendon, Collingwood or Adelaide first week you could be out there such is the even season we it is.

I think the Catters will be around week two of finals at least though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I find it gobsmacking that we have played half rat power all year and we're still sitting 4th. If we can peak at the right time, who knows what could happen. I definitely believe we have the cattle to make the big dance but at the end of the day, we probably don't deserve to make it, especially the way we have been playing.

I think the top 3 have your measure, I think your about on par with the Kangas and Port and experience at crunch time against either Port or the 'Roos would get you over the line into a Prelim.

Saying that, if you end up 5th and get a Essendon, Collingwood or Adelaide first week you could be out there such is the even season we it is.

If they get past week 1, could see them into a GF if they land port and hawthorn in weeks 2 and 3.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Presuming Hawthorn can get over Fremantle or Sydney (who I forsee to finish 1&2) in the QF, which in itself is unlikely.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:48 pm

We play Freo at home and the hawks at the G, win them both and we could finish 2nd.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:We play Freo at home and the hawks at the G, win them both and we could finish 2nd.

Sorry- should have noted that my post was in reference to Geelong finishing outside of the top 4.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Booney wrote:

How do you figure Hawthorn have our measure? They are still suspect against tall forwards and as long as McIntosh or Kersten or perhaps Taylor at a pinch can provide a second marking option I'm sure we can get the job done against them. I'd fancy our chances against any of the other three sides you mentioned as opposed to Port. As for the top three for some reason I reckon we can turn the tables on the Swans (well we certainly couldn't do any worse could we LOL) but we keep trying the same thing against Freo so that means a loss every time against the Dockers.

Cats need to keep winning and hope for a first up final against the Hawks and avoid an away final. If we play away it's game over for the Catters and if we play the Docks in the Granny it's a Docker premiership. In short, no flag for us this year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:We play Freo at home and the hawks at the G, win them both and we could finish 2nd.

Never mind the Hawks. You could send Melbourne out there with Cat jumpers on and they'd get the four points. It' s North under a roof that worries me.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 pm

If we play the way we have been playing, we won't make it. If we do make it, we deserve it.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Never mind the Hawks. You could send Melbourne out there with Cat jumpers on and they'd get the four points. It' s North under a roof that worries me.

regards,

REB

We could just get Big Phil to change the date of the game to say, anyday in September and I reckon we might have those Melbourne Cats covered
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I called 5 weeks ago that Freo could go the rest of the year undefeated. Still stand by that.

Freo and Sydney have very strong claims and if Hawthorn are full tilt they are better than both these teams. These 3 are the only chance in my opinion.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL