Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Talk on the national game

Re: Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 am

Bigshow82 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I think people have to realise that AFL is a profession. Yes Adelaide put a lot of money and effort into getting him to reach his potential (which he is still yet to do), but Adelaide is obviously not the place he wants to be anymore.

Im sure the same fans dont attack the club when they cut players that arent what they're looking for. AFL clubs destroy hundreds of young mens dreams of being a professional footballer every year. When the player is the one making the decision, hes a backstabber, yadda yadda.

If he resigned with the Crows and then came out and played poorly, the fans would be berating the club for spending so much money on a crap player.

In the end its a business. If you had the option to do the same job you're doing now for $250k a year extra, you would do it too. Im not a Crows or Tippet fan, so I guess my point of view from the outside looking in means I dont have emotion clouding my judgement.

Just did a calculation. If Tippet gets $1 million a season, he gets $19,230.77 a week guaranteed for 3 years. Pretty sure most people would move footy clubs for that kind of money. Kurt and his family will be set for life even before signing his next contract.

I think most Crows supporters can deal with the fact of him leaving IF he goes back to Queensland as thats whats been his issue about re-signing. Talk about him getting $250k more to play else where is rediculous. He was offered $800k a season to stay at Adelaide, so you are saying someone is offering him over $1m a year? Latest I have read is Gold Coast are offering $3.5m over 5 years, thats $700k a season so less than what Adelaide offered him. I think most supporters would take back a few things they have said about him if this turns out to be what happens.

There have been rumours of million dollar a season offers. Surely anyone outside of Queensland would have to beat Gold Coasts offer to keep him from going home.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 pm

OnSong wrote:
Slots It Through wrote:Put that performance into perspective, he was playing on Shoenmakers, who is regarded as the worst defender in the competition.

Exactly. Even Tomahawk dominated that muppet

Not sure which is the dumbest post out of the two above. Try watching some football.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1823 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:And in unrelated news Liam Anthony signs on for a further 2 years 8)

Bad luck mate.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1823 times

Postby Slots It Through » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:25 pm

This will be a blessing in disguise. Lewis Johnston had a terrific season at North and has been in the AFL system for a few years now, so this is his big chance.

I think he will give you more reliability, he will work much harder, and give better second efforts and his conversion rate will be much much much better than Tippetts.

Only problem is, that he cant pinch hit in the ruck, to help out Jacobs.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

what a stupid article in the paper today. (Don't worry, I don't buy the paper, it's delivered to work - I was reading it while my lunch was cooking)

All these "Adelaide" people outraged that Tippett has left.

Were they so upset when Thompson, Jacobs and a raft of other SA players wanted to come home? FFS, move on....
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Slots It Through » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Slots It Through wrote:Put that performance into perspective, he was playing on Shoenmakers, who is regarded as the worst defender in the competition.

Not sure which is the dumbest post out of the two above. Try watching some football.

regards,

REB

Are you suggesting Shoenmakers is a good defender?
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Why should gold coast deal? GWS can't get him as they got Davis last year as an un contracted player from the Crows so they can't get Tippet in the PSD according to The Age today. Therefore as next pick Gold Coast have the Crows over a Barrel. If I was Gold Coast I would've offer a thing except maybe Nathan Krakour if he still on the list after going AWOL again!

That is if it is all about going home and Tippett can't smell the Sydney greenbacks....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1841 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:23 pm

am Bays wrote:Why should gold coast deal? GWS can't get him as they got Davis last year as an un contracted player from the Crows so they can't get Tippet in the PSD according to The Age today. Therefore as next pick Gold Coast have the Crows over a Barrel. If I was Gold Coast I would've offer a thing except maybe Nathan Krakour if he still on the list after going AWOL again!

That is if it is all about going home and Tippett can't smell the Sydney greenbacks....

That's when Triggy will come out with "Wait on a minute, we had an agreement for a 2nd round draft pick" :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Dangerfield said the playing group will be annoyed if he signs for a club outside Qld however Im sure they will be even more annoyed if he signs with Gold Coast who can get him for nothing in the PSD!

At least if he goes elsewhere they will get a good player, draft pick.

Why not a Swans premiership player?

Marty Mattner straight swap? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2351 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm

am Bays wrote:Why should gold coast deal? GWS can't get him as they got Davis last year as an un contracted player from the Crows so they can't get Tippet in the PSD according to The Age today. Therefore as next pick Gold Coast have the Crows over a Barrel. If I was Gold Coast I would've offer a thing except maybe Nathan Krakour if he still on the list after going AWOL again!

Gold Coast would be chuckling away over this.

They would be close to Sydneys money, surely, and can get Tippett without having to deal with anyone.

Tippett would be loved if he chose to just walk and GC get him for free, wouldn't he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10851 times

Postby gutterboy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
OnSong wrote:

regards,

REB

Are you suggesting Shoenmakers is a good defender?

shoenmakers is a dud!!!!
gutterboy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Tippett would be shitting bricks if he went in to the preseason draft. GWS could pick him up and pay him no where near what he's asking because they dont have to then pay him more after his initial contract.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby JK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tippett would be shitting bricks if he went in to the preseason draft. GWS could pick him up and pay him no where near what he's asking because they dont have to then pay him more after his initial contract.

If you go in the PSD you can place a price on your own head that must be met.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby scoob » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:41 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tippett would be shitting bricks if he went in to the preseason draft. GWS could pick him up and pay him no where near what he's asking because they dont have to then pay him more after his initial contract.

If he didn't want to play for them why would they pick him... to pay him not to play and sacrifice their top pick, just to spite the GCS? Yeah right!

Tippet well and truly in the drivers seats in where he ends up and the AFC have little or no control over it.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

JK wrote:

If you go in the PSD you can place a price on your own head that must be met.

Correct
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2351 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby scoob » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Love KT.... :lol: :lol: :lol: still making me laugh
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Latest rumour,

All of Kurts family have moved to the "Port of Adelaide".... :shock:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm

The whole family sounds like a bunch of sooks. Thought Joel had a year left on his contract at Westies yet apparantly he has walked out on them aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby the joker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:The whole family sounds like a bunch of sooks. Thought Joel had a year left on his contract at Westies yet apparantly he has walked out on them aswell

Fairly sure Joel has not walked out on west. He is hoping to be fit Sunday and is progressing well
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Hondo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 pm

GC wouldn't want to burn bridges anywhere given they are likely to be wanting to work trades as their juniors decide they want to go home in coming years. Usually also the player avoids the club they are leaving getting nothing in return. What goes around comes around. The same theory came up when Judd wanted to leave West Coast. I think Carlton may have been able to pick him up for nothing?

I also think he us too much in demand for other clubs to just let him slide to the PSD.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL