End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Talk on the national game

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Postby Fricky » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:20 am

bd u15 09 wrote:Ryder to Port.

Apparently theres a nicely sized contract the Power have put in front of Ryder, although his missus wanting to go back to Queensland will probably win out.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Suri wrote:
bd u15 09 wrote:Ryder to Port.

Apparently theres a nicely sized contract the Power have put in front of Ryder, although his missus wanting to go back to Queensland will probably win out.

Yes would think almost zero chance of coming to Adelaide. If the Mrs wants to move home thats where he will be going.
Will find out in a couple of days if he intends to stay with us or not. Apparantly met with Bomber the day after our final and promised him if he did move he doesnt intend to use any get out clause and wants the club to get decent compensation for him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Geelong won't retire any of that lot, not going to make the same mistakes two years in a row at Cat land. ( Namely Chapman and Podsiadly )

How would Pods and Chappy have helped us this year? Maybe advanced our season by one week maybe at best, but held us back longer in the future. I don't think it was a mistake to let either of those guys go. I think Geelong should retire a couple of the blokes daisy mentioned in his troll, um, I mean post. Kelly looks done for sure and Mackie might have some trade value. Maybe we could scam the Crows somehow. ;)

Pods and Chappy were only servicable at best for their new clubs and the trade of Pods looked worse only because Vardy went down in the pre-season. Murdoch has come on a long way this season but if he was sitting in the Magoos for an extra dozen weeks this season he might be looking to move to another club.

If the Cats hang on to too many of the old guys that would be making the same mistake two years in a row. I'd keep Bartel and Enright only.

regards,

REB

The choice was keep the old guys on or see if the young blokes have what it takes. 7 wins under 2 goals masked the problem, some of the kids don't seem to have what it takes. ( At the moment )

If we kept the old guys we wouldn't have known whether or not they have what it takes. Some will, some won't, but we had to start finding out. Geelong certainly 'overachieved' this year and I don't think any problems were masked by the win/loss count, most observers knew Geelong were not a genuine contender. However, at the start of the year I felt that it was almost exclusively the premiership stars that helped us get these wins but towards the end of the year other players, Caddy, Guthrie, Murdoch and Horlin Smith in particular started to help contribute to jagging us a few wins.

@Daisy maybe I was trolling you a bit there. Despite my other trolling efforts, I'll don't think Dangerfield will become a Cat, but it's fun saying so. We are no sure thing to get Frawley either as apparently they are keen in the West. You'd think if Frawley wants success he'd be better off at Freo than Geelong who don't have as much depth as the Dockers. As for the money, I think the Catters aren't going to sell the farm in order to get Frawley. Hmm, maybe we are after Dangerfield after all.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Pag » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Geelong won't retire any of that lot, not going to make the same mistakes two years in a row at Cat land. ( Namely Chapman and Podsiadly )

How would Pods and Chappy have helped us this year? Maybe advanced our season by one week maybe at best, but held us back longer in the future. I don't think it was a mistake to let either of those guys go. I think Geelong should retire a couple of the blokes daisy mentioned in his troll, um, I mean post. Kelly looks done for sure and Mackie might have some trade value. Maybe we could scam the Crows somehow. ;)

Pods and Chappy were only servicable at best for their new clubs and the trade of Pods looked worse only because Vardy went down in the pre-season. Murdoch has come on a long way this season but if he was sitting in the Magoos for an extra dozen weeks this season he might be looking to move to another club.

If the Cats hang on to too many of the old guys that would be making the same mistake two years in a row. I'd keep Bartel and Enright only.

regards,

REB

The choice was keep the old guys on or see if the young blokes have what it takes. 7 wins under 2 goals masked the problem, some of the kids don't seem to have what it takes. ( At the moment )

If we kept the old guys we wouldn't have known whether or not they have what it takes. Some will, some won't, but we had to start finding out. Geelong certainly 'overachieved' this year and I don't think any problems were masked by the win/loss count, most observers knew Geelong were not a genuine contender. However, at the start of the year I felt that it was almost exclusively the premiership stars that helped us get these wins but towards the end of the year other players, Caddy, Guthrie, Murdoch and Horlin Smith in particular started to help contribute to jagging us a few wins.

@Daisy maybe I was trolling you a bit there. Despite my other trolling efforts, I'll don't think Dangerfield will become a Cat, but it's fun saying so. We are no sure thing to get Frawley either as apparently they are keen in the West. You'd think if Frawley wants success he'd be better off at Freo than Geelong who don't have as much depth as the Dockers. As for the money, I think the Catters aren't going to sell the farm in order to get Frawley. Hmm, maybe we are after Dangerfield after all.

regards,

REB

I'd argue that Freo's window isn't open for much longer once Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin retire. Mundy is 29 so not getting better.

If I was Frawley, I'd be happy to join a team that had Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins, Christensen, Motlop, Caddy, Horlin-Smith, Guthrie etc with a lot of footy in front of them still.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 pm

whats crows fans thoughts on okeefe rumours to Adelaide?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Johno6 wrote:whats crows fans thoughts on okeefe rumours to Adelaide?

Would make a handy assistant coach IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby valleys07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

I think that is all its for.

I highly doubt they would be bringing him to Adelaide to talk about gap filling in a Pods type capacity.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Johno6 wrote:whats crows fans thoughts on okeefe rumours to Adelaide?

Would make a handy assistant coach IMO

Have to agree Brod.

Was a great player under the Kirk era where the bloods culture galvanized a side to a drought breaking flag. Certainly has the experience in what it takes to bring together a playing group, that along with a club, has lost its tightness.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Special One » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:41 pm

valleys07 wrote:I think that is all its for.

I highly doubt they would be bringing him to Adelaide to talk about gap filling in a Pods type capacity.

Could rookie list him to play in the sanfl and assist in the development of the young players
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Ryder met with Brisbane today.
Caroline Wilson saying Port are the front runners for him.
Watch us end of with the Fuschia or Shitcock in the trade lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby kickinit » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:Ryder met with Brisbane today.

What trade, he'll walk for free.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:47 pm

kickinit wrote:

Guess we will find out soon enough.
Paddy has apparantly indicated to the club that he wouldnt seek to use the get out clause and he wants to see the club fairly compensated. Think his manager is using a fair bit of bluff to drive up his price as several high profile people have said the clause wouldnt hold up in court. Hope it doesnt get to that point and a fair deal is negotiated.
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Paddy has apparantly indicated to the club that he wouldnt seek to use the get out clause and he wants to see the club fairly compensated. Think his manager is using a fair bit of bluff to drive up his price as several high profile people have said the clause wouldnt hold up in court. Hope it doesnt get to that point and a fair deal is negotiated.

Essendon might be using a bit of bluff of their own .. If they challenge that clause in court and lose, the floodgates would be well and truly open ..
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby kickinit » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

If he's talking to clubs then he is obviously looking at using the clause. Essendon isn't going to trade him. I'd also like to see Essendon try and fight it in court. They purchased a banned substance and gave it to the players to take, and to the players knowledge its was all ok and safe to use. Yeh Essendon didn't put any players safety at risk.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 pm

As I said I dont think it will get to court. Paddy and the club are still talking which can only be a good thing. If he genuinely wants a move to be near his wifes home I hope we can make it happen. As sad as it would be to lose him he is far from replaceable
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

If he's talking to clubs then he is obviously looking at using the clause. Essendon isn't going to trade him. I'd also like to see Essendon try and fight it in court. They purchased a banned substance and gave it to the players to take, and to the players knowledge its was all ok and safe to use. Yeh Essendon didn't put any players safety at risk.

Bulldogs President Peter Gordon who also happens to own one of the most high profile legal firms in Melbourne looked in to using the clause last year to get Crameri but recently admitted he didnt think the clause would hold up. Player Manager Craig Kelly also believes the clause wont hold up due to the fact that players were free to walk last year yet he stayed and played this year. Caroline Wilson who everyone takes as gospel also has said the clause wouldnt hold up numerous times.
As Paul Roos recently said, the clause applies to all clubs not just Essendon and if this goes ahead it would mean several players from several clubs could find their way out of existing contracts with how loosely the clause is written.
Guess we will wait and see
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 am

In the spirit of the gams and sport in general, I doubt a club even as unscrupulous as Essendon ( ;) ) would try and invoke lengthy legal proceedings to keep a player who no longer wishes to remain at the club.

As you rightfully note, if Ryder communicates to Essendon his intentions, Essendon are (adequately) compensated in turn then all parties avoid the QC bills arriving in the post.

Regardless of this, if Ryder does successfully negotiate an early exit from his contract without using any legal loophole and Essendon oblige the flood gates could well open.

As for Brendan Goddards comments about the "unethical" nature of clubs circling around the Bombers trying to convince players to leave, didn't Essendon circle around him and seduce him into leaving St.Kilda?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:10 am

Not sure on Goddard's scenerio except he was a FA and able to go anywhere, differance is Ryder still has 2 years to run on an existing contract. From a neutral it sounds like Ryder and his manager are angling for more money and using this get out clause business as leverage. If he wants to leave because of the drug fiasco then fair enough but it doesnt seem this way. First he wanted to be near his wife's family in Brissie then Port come along with a bigger offer and he looks at them, now today Swans have apparantly offered a bigger contract again, this smacks of Tippett all over again. The funniest thing was Ryder's manager saying yesterday that they have got a further meeting with Essendon next week but at the moment the club is about $150k short a year from convincing him to stay which suggests its all about the money.
Plenty of other clubs would be watching this closely because if one players invokes the clause it could open floodgates and players from everywhere could leave if they have any grievances with their club for example it was mentioned yesterday that Lamumba and others could leave Collingwood due to homophobic slurs aswell as other players who feel they are being marginalised at their club or put in unsafe conditions.
Very interesting times ahead, the scenery at AFL clubs could be changed forever, we already have FA and if this get out clause stands up it will mean contracts could be easily broken and then we are not far away from someone challenging the draft or salary cap
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby David Brent » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 am

Special One wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I think that is all its for.

Could rookie list him to play in the sanfl and assist in the development of the young players

Think they will do this & if they get a few injuries they can play him if need be in the seniors
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:51 am

Ryder now linked to Sydney..

heard that a few weeks back, but i did read it again today for the first time in a while.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL