Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby therisingblues » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:39 am

MW wrote:I think you need to move on sport

If you don't want to hear my views stop responding to them. I've a lot to say but it seems a bit of tension has crept in to the thread with my query about exactly why the Crows just can't seem to win. I'm not exactly here to shit stir so I'll leave you to it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

therisingblues wrote:

If you don't want to hear my views stop responding to them. I've a lot to say but it seems a bit of tension has crept in to the thread with my query about exactly why the Crows just can't seem to win. I'm not exactly here to shit stir so I'll leave you to it.

You keep asking about my posts. The obsession is getting out of hand.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2648 times
Been liked: 1877 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am

bennymacca wrote:Nobody cares about the Gibbs deal anymore, let's talk about this season.

I personally think we can make the jump into the top four.

Thompson Douglas and Mackay are probably the only players that I can't see improving or being at least as good as last year. That's a pretty good indicator. Replace those three with knight, Milera, and some of the new draftees and there isn't too many downsides.

It was said last year but it applies again this year - our midfield is the weakness still. A full season out of the crouch boys and Atkins playing more midfield minutes will be crucial to our success this year.

There's plenty to play out, but :

- Maintaining the healthy list, especially key men Jacobs, Talia, Walker, Laird, Lynch, Betts. The keys to Adelaide playing well IMO.
- Getting as good, if not better seasons out of several players who would have exceeded expectations in '16. Among others, Atkins, Hartigan, McGovern.
- Getting some help for Sloane. M.Crouch was more than handy, B.Crouch might finally be fit, but Adelaide can't afford to have M.Crouch, Douglas and Thompson in the midfield. Only room for one and that's the kid.
- Second year blues. Pyke implemented a game plan that most sides struggled to counter, Geelong and Sydney the sides who gave Adelaide no space to centre up into the corridor. We'll see how Pyke handles the extra attention to his game plan.
- The two "L's" - Laird and Lynch. One gets them out of trouble, one directs them forward. Interesting to see how these two play as I am sure they will get plenty of extra attention as key play makers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7537 times
Been liked: 10852 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:56 am

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Like Dutchy and Port unhealthy?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Nobody cares about the Gibbs deal anymore, let's talk about this season.

Thompson Douglas and Mackay are probably the only players that I can't see improving or being at least as good as last year. That's a pretty good indicator. Replace those three with knight, Milera, and some of the new draftees and there isn't too many downsides.

It was said last year but it applies again this year - our midfield is the weakness still. A full season out of the crouch boys and Atkins playing more midfield minutes will be crucial to our success this year.

- Maintaining the healthy list, especially key men Jacobs, Talia, Walker, Laird, Lynch, Betts. The keys to Adelaide playing well IMO.
- Getting as good, if not better seasons out of several players who would have exceeded expectations in '16. Among others, Atkins, Hartigan, McGovern.
- Getting some help for Sloane. M.Crouch was more than handy, B.Crouch might finally be fit, but Adelaide can't afford to have M.Crouch, Douglas and Thompson in the midfield. Only room for one and that's the kid.
- Second year blues. Pyke implemented a game plan that most sides struggled to counter, Geelong and Sydney the sides who gave Adelaide no space to centre up into the corridor. We'll see how Pyke handles the extra attention to his game plan.
- The two "L's" - Laird and Lynch. One gets them out of trouble, one directs them forward. Interesting to see how these two play as I am sure they will get plenty of extra attention as key play makers.

Agree with this all, esp. the bold part
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Yep agree that injuries are the key, especially in the midfield. Our best side is probably top 4 but our depth is still shallow in the mids.

Reckon obrien and doedee will be ok cover if required. But no long term injuries for key players will be awesome :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Like Dutchy and Port unhealthy?

FFS, don't make comparisons or someone my get their knickers in a twist :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Booney wrote:

West Coast also had your measure. should've won the game in Perth but dropped right off and the crows ran over the top of us.28 points up midway through the 3rd. should never lose
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

"...your measure...."

:YMSICK: :YMSICK:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Booney wrote:

Agreed. Injuries and continued improvement will help us reach the 8 and potentially top 4.

Pike’s game plan is also another preseason older which should help!

As mentioned, McGovern, Atkins, Crouches x2, Lever, Hartigan, Cameron to name a few all have plenty more upside and improvement to had IMO and should hold us in good stead!
The big ones IMO are Milera and Hampton. They add x factor and a different dimension to the side. If they get up and running it gives Pikey a lot more options like pushing Cameron and Laird through the midfield with Hampton off half back for example.

I know the club really rates Riley Knight (as I do) and were tempted to play him in the finals last year, let’s hope he can get up and running through the midfield and across half forward and finds that 2015 form. He takes Douglas’s position IMO.

I think if we see Thompson, Mackay and Douglas getting a game we are in trouble!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Out of those three Thompson still has a bit to offer, but only as an injury replacement.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Errr speaking of injuries. B. Crouch with another hammy. Believed to be a minor one though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Ruben Carter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:19 pm

stan wrote:Errr speaking of injuries. B. Crouch with another hammy. Believed to be a minor one though.

Gee he's fragile...
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 pm

stan wrote:Errr speaking of injuries. B. Crouch with another hammy. Believed to be a minor one though.

Ffs
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:26 am

Worst time of year to cop a Hammy also, would rather him cop it during the season and miss a couple of games than miss a chunk of training at this time of year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2351 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby hawks21 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:40 am

Dutchy wrote:Worst time of year to cop a Hammy also, would rather him cop it during the season and miss a couple of games than miss a chunk of training at this time of year.

Not ideal. They said he did a power of work prior to the Christmas break and came back from the break and strained it slightly. They said he will miss a fortnight of training but still available for opening NAB cup game.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby stan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Worst time of year to cop a Hammy also, would rather him cop it during the season and miss a couple of games than miss a chunk of training at this time of year.

Not ideal. They said he did a power of work prior to the Christmas break and came back from the break and strained it slightly. They said he will miss a fortnight of training but still available for opening NAB cup game.

Thats fine but shit hes just a young fella and getting plenty of injuries. His body just cant find that groove at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Hammy worse than first reported. Out until rd 1 at best, likely later. Can't take a trick this lad
MW
Coach

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Time to trade him while he still has some currency... he is looking more likely every year to not reach his potential, and that's a shame but may be time to cut ur losses.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:15 pm

No currency with hammy issues
MW
Coach

PreviousNext