Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby kickinit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:been thinking again how much the tippett scandal has hurt us.

even if you dont put tippett back in the crows lineup, four draft picks would mean that we would have much more depth on our list than we currently do. would make a massive difference imo.

That hasn't hurt you at all this year. At most 1 of those picks would be playing this year, the other 3 would be on the rookie list or not getting a game. The tippet scandal will hurt you over the next couple of years. The crows want to hope that some of their older players play a couple more years then expected.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby TEX07 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:06 pm

kickinit wrote:

even if you dont put tippett back in the crows lineup, four draft picks would mean that we would have much more depth on our list than we currently do. would make a massive difference imo.

That hasn't hurt you at all this year. At most 1 of those picks would be playing this year, the other 3 would be on the rookie list or not getting a game. The tippet scandal will hurt you over the next couple of years. The crows want to hope that some of their older players play a couple more years then expected.

IMO what has hurt us this year is defence, so many games we have given away games with poor turnovers and decision making in defence - the Tippett issue has hurt no doubt but also the ability to keep the guns has been an issue more - you put Tippett, Gunston and Davis alone into the Crows side right now and we are miles ahead of where we are, money played a big part in these guys (not so much Gunston) but success would make people want to stay.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:13 pm

kickinit wrote:

Go look at how many first round picks are playing in other teams. Our depth sucks because of that. It will definitely hurt going into the future too though as those players are the ones that turn into your a graders
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Gozu » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:16 pm

I think it's too early to say if the Hungry Tippo sanctions have hurt us, that will come down the road.

We've just got way too many list-cloggers on our list, you could name probably close to ten guys we could put in a cannon and fire into oblivion.

If he doesn't get picked next week Angus Graham won't have played a single AFL game for the Crows during his 2 year deal :roll:

Maybe we could lure Tippett back now that he's out of contract with Sydney? ;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Another ruck is certainly a priority given mckernan graham and Osborne don't look to have a future at afl level
bennymacca
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Gorringe would have to be on your radar. Suns have Zac Smith, Tom Nicholls and Charles Dixon who all ruck and are in front if him when fit.
Not sure what it may cost you. What are you willing to give for him. He may also still be contracted, I'm unsure.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 pm

helicopterking wrote:Gorringe would have to be on your radar. Suns have Zac Smith, Tom Nicholls and Charles Dixon who all ruck and are in front if him when fit.
Not sure what it may cost you. What are you willing to give for him. He may also still be contracted, I'm unsure.

yep for sure. he is contracted to the end of 2015 but he would be worth a trade.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Gorringe would have to be on your radar. Suns have Zac Smith, Tom Nicholls and Charles Dixon who all ruck and are in front if him when fit.

yep for sure. he is contracted to the end of 2015 but he would be worth a trade.

Please not Gorringe.
Not another Norwood lad to play against his old side at SANFL level
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Rucci says the Crows are going after Jonathan Giles and said something about trying to get Phil Davis back too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Crows 2014

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Giles wouldn't be a bad get. Carried their ruck well before mummy starved him of game time.

Getting Davis back would be interesting. Would be happy to have him back as he fills that need but I can't see it happening.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:10 pm

I have relatives coming from interstate that would love to go to the Crows/Saints game Sunday - if any one has tickets not being used, I would greatly appreciate a PM.
Cheers.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 am

Gozu wrote:Rucci says the Crows are going after Jonathan Giles and said something about trying to get Phil Davis back too.

Giles would be useful. Not sure you would get Davis back but would good, would give you a very good setup down back to work with. Would be a tough get though. GWS will want your first born.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Do you think Jenkins could hold down a Key position In the back line? If you get another Ruck, and you play them both, you could possibly move him to Full Back, Talia to CHB.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:49 pm

helicopterking wrote:Do you think Jenkins could hold down a Key position In the back line? If you get another Ruck, and you play them both, you could possibly move him to Full Back, Talia to CHB.

I have never thought about that, but you could be on to something there. Has the agility to go with the Forwards that move up the ground and there are no concerns with his size.

No doubts a new ruckman is needed, and if it does happen over the offseason, then preseason is the place to try things like this out.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 pm

I have heard it mentioned before, but haven't thought about it much. I think it's a good idea though. He certainly had the pace and agility to make it work. If we got giles for instance it might be the only way he and giles both play too.

Good idea worth trying.

Having said that, he has kicked 40 goals this year, the same or more than Petrie, pavlich, cloke and darling, and I think we can all agree he still has room for improvement, particularly in consistency, so I think it would be a tough call to move him back.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm just think that if one of your Ruckman rest at full forward, Jenkins, Walker, Lynch, Jacobs might crowd it a little bit. I just think you are in desperate need of another big, quality defender.
On the other hand, he has been more then handy up forward, but you always hope your resting ruck can snag a couple.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Yeah, jury is definitely out on Thompson and Hartigan. They need another year or two before they can be relied on
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

kickinit wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Did VB tear an Achilles? Wouldn't expect him back anytime soon if he did.

Yeah he did. I don't think we will see him back before round 12.

i'd be very surprised if you see him at all this year.

We're wise men. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 am

John Ralph named Tom bellchambers as another player that clubs might look at. Personally I agree. Can play forward too. Would be a better get than giles, but would come at a much higher price
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Hefty » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

Why has there been no mention of our coaching panel?? IMO this is the main reason we won't be playing finals again. 2012 we were a kick away from a GF (we did have a fairly easy draw in 2012) but since then we have finished 11th in 2013 and will more than likely finish 9th and miss finals again this year.

You would think our list from 2012 would improve further and play finals but instead we are going backwards. Sando was outcoached again on the wkend against a Roos side that had two of it's best players out and we were nearly full strength. When Zieball was killing us in the forward 50 why did Sando not make a change?? He left Luke Thompson on him (inexperienced player) who was getting a bath. Why not move a Smith or Henderson onto Zieball?? This is the main reason we lost the game - Zieball kicked 4.5 and yet Sando kept with the same setup!!

Who else is in the coaches box?? Bickley and Campeorale - what coaching experience do both of them have??

It's time we cut our losses.......Sando is contracted til the end of 2015 but I would get rid of him at this seasons end and pay him out his contract. And, why not try and lure a Simon Goodwin or Nathan Bassett into the Crows coaching role??

Goodwin has had a couple of years at the Bombers under Hird/Thompson and Bassett's had success in the SANFL and now is an assistant at Essendon as well.

We are going nowhere with Sando! If Sando is coach next year and we miss another finals campaign, Dangerfield will definitely leave!
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL