Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby Dogmatic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Both clubs would love to know what strike count he is on.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 am

Booney wrote:Byrne-Jones is limited mate. He try's his guts out but doesn't read the play very well and his disposal is questionable at best.

With the current landscape he plays SANFL league football, if the landscape were not as it is, he'd be playing SANFL reserves.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 am

Pittard out of the Showdown, does that hurt Port or Adelaide more?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 am

Brodlach wrote:Pittard out of the Showdown, does that hurt Port or Adelaide more?

Hurts Adelaide. Lol [emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1258 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:41 am

I rate Pittard - I think him out of the Pt Adel side makes them a lesser unit.. he gets ridiculed for his mistakes, but he creates a lot of positive attacking plays.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Zartan wrote:I rate Pittard - I think him out of the Pt Adel side makes them a lesser unit.. he gets ridiculed for his mistakes, but he creates a lot of positive attacking plays.

Agree...I think they would be in a bigger hole right now without him, sure he makes mistakes but he takes the game on from defence and starts a lot of their forward ball movement.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2355 times
Been liked: 3640 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:47 pm

When people can look past his obvious errors he also has a strong defensive side to his game.

The problem with his turnovers and the teams turnovers is that they come in waves of three-four and we bleed goals quickly. Often Pittard's are just one of the errors and he often makes them at critical times and it highlights this to the viewing public.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Zartan wrote:I rate Pittard - I think him out of the Pt Adel side makes them a lesser unit.. he gets ridiculed for his mistakes, but he creates a lot of positive attacking plays.

I agree Zartan. I said earlier that I don't get the Pittard hate. You'd rather a bloke make a blue having a crack rather than trying to poke it down the boundary line or kicking backwards. He probably just needs some extra experience to realise he doesn't need to 'go' all the time.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1826 times

Postby JK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

I agree Zartan. I said earlier that I don't get the Pittard hate. You'd rather a bloke make a blue having a crack rather than trying to poke it down the boundary line or kicking backwards. He probably just needs some extra experience to realise he doesn't need to 'go' all the time.

regards,

REB

Totally agree on all counts
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 pm

J Palmer makes the sqaud. Is this some sort of joke?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 571 times
Been liked: 470 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:31 pm

He is in the squad but won't play, will just be a Pittard>Krackour swap. Palmer has been really impressive for the magpies this year, but no where near AFL ready I wouldn't have thought
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 pm

I don't mind his inclusion in the squad. Beneficial for a couple of reasons:

1) As has been mentioned, has been in reasonable form with the Magpies. Making the extended squad will give him a lot of confidence heading into the rest of the season, knowing the coaching staff are noticing his performances.
2) It is great experience for young draftees to experience AFL standard preparation. Applying what he learns from how the likes of Boak, Gray, Ebert prepare for games will really assist him back at SANFL level, this perhaps improving his performance. He will learn the little things it takes to succeed.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 pm

valleys07 wrote:I don't mind his inclusion in the squad. Beneficial for a couple of reasons:

1) As has been mentioned, has been in reasonable form with the Magpies. Making the extended squad will give him a lot of confidence heading into the rest of the season, knowing the coaching staff are noticing his performances.
2) It is great experience for young draftees to experience AFL standard preparation. Applying what he learns from how the likes of Boak, Gray, Ebert prepare for games will really assist him back at SANFL level, this perhaps improving his performance. He will learn the little things it takes to succeed.

I've never played footy and never gone out to training. Do the reserves and league train together or is there quite literally two different levels of preparation? I would have thought they train as a club rather than two separate squads? A big advantage for Ravens and PowerPies if this is the case. In regards about what you said to Palmer, fully agree, good to receive some sort of recognition for some good efforts in the Magoos.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1826 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I don't mind his inclusion in the squad. Beneficial for a couple of reasons:

I've never played footy and never gone out to training. Do the reserves and league train together or is there quite literally two different levels of preparation? I would have thought they train as a club rather than two separate squads? A big advantage for Ravens and PowerPies if this is the case. In regards about what you said to Palmer, fully agree, good to receive some sort of recognition for some good efforts in the Magoos.

regards,

REB

From my (albeit brief) experience at SANFL level, we (reserves) always joined in with the league squad for main training sessions. There might be select occasions where the seniors split to practice specific structures, such as stoppage work- but other than that, the group trains together. I haven't watched an AFL standard training session in a couple of years, however I would imagine they would train in a similar manner- at least for open training sessions and main training sessions, anyway.

The point I was trying to make re. preparation is probably more emphasised when a young player travels with the seniors for the first time, however the principles when playing at home will remain somewhat the same. I would imagine each player is supplied a dietary regime to follow, so nothing would change there, but the analytical preparation in the few days prior, and on game day may be the separation point. The meetings for match-ups once the team is annouced, as well as the game day meetings would differ between levels in terms of depth of opposition analysis.

For Palmer, seeing a particular pre-game routine of a Boak or a Wingard mightn't differ in warm ups, such as shots on goal, practice on stoppages etc- but to get a visual on how either may study their game day role would be beneficial in many ways.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

From my (albeit brief) experience at SANFL level, we (reserves) always joined in with the league squad for main training sessions. There might be select occasions where the seniors split to practice specific structures, such as stoppage work- but other than that, the group trains together. I haven't watched an AFL standard training session in a couple of years, however I would imagine they would train in a similar manner- at least for open training sessions and main training sessions, anyway.

The point I was trying to make re. preparation is probably more emphasised when a young player travels with the seniors for the first time, however the principles when playing at home will remain somewhat the same. I would imagine each player is supplied a dietary regime to follow, so nothing would change there, but the analytical preparation in the few days prior, and on game day may be the separation point. The meetings for match-ups once the team is annouced, as well as the game day meetings would differ between levels in terms of depth of opposition analysis.

For Palmer, seeing a particular pre-game routine of a Boak or a Wingard mightn't differ in warm ups, such as shots on goal, practice on stoppages etc- but to get a visual on how either may study their game day role would be beneficial in many ways.

The Power squad obviously all train together during the day while the academy Magpies lads train together in the afternoon, after work hours. They try and align it so the Magpies train the same day as the Power, if the Magpies are playing Saturday then the academy lads train Monday, Wednesday (main session) and Friday with Tuesday being their weights day.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10443 times
Been liked: 1545 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:22 pm

what was the reason for the booing after the siren and towards tex receiving the trophy? surely not umps fault and tex copping it for the impey fend off?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2655 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 pm

yeah thought that was a little odd too.

There were a few 50/50 decisions that went against both teams in the last quarter, so maybe the port fans just selectively remembering them? :D

Port probably should have won that in the end. They were all over the crows in the last quarter and missed a lot of opportunities
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 pm

bennymacca wrote:yeah thought that was a little odd too.

There were a few 50/50 decisions that went against both teams in the last quarter, so maybe the port fans just selectively remembering them? :D

Port probably should have won that in the end. They were all over the crows in the last quarter and missed a lot of opportunities

Probably says more about your mob that we should've won. Facts are we didn't Deserve to. We were nothing short of pathetic for the best part of 100 mins. My good friends on here (And no disrespect indented) will pump it up with blah blah blah, But facts are facts We are nothing more than a below average side trying to play the game style were trying to play.

Who has improved from last year? Answer= No one. Because they're not allowed to play that natrual game.

Boak, Grey and Wingard with a mention to Wines and Hombsh the rest gone backwards. Highlighted by Lobbe, Broadbent, Montfries (Kenny his a cheap slut forward don't try and f**king change him) Jake F**king Neade, Jonas (been our worst).

Finally please put a line through us. Play kids see who's worth keeping get a better draw for next year.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Crows are about where I thought they would be, pushing for the eight but below the best teams. I thought port would challenge for a grand final this year and so did almost everyone.

For them to be 6-9 at this stage of the season probably makes them the most disappointing team in the league. Maybe Brisbane still have you in that regard but it's not far off.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:Crows are about where I thought they would be, pushing for the eight but below the best teams. I thought port would challenge for a grand final this year and so did almost everyone.

For them to be 6-9 at this stage of the season probably makes them the most disappointing team in the league. Maybe Brisbane still have you in that regard but it's not far off.

Kangeroos. Brisbane are shit and so are we Kangeroos were top 4. Kangeroos are Heatless Pretenders

Port 6-9 :lol: =)) =)) =)) =))

More like 14-18
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL