Worst Movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Worst Movies

Postby Magpiespower » Thu May 22, 2014 9:54 am

Johno6 wrote:So you haven't actually watched the movie yet?

Mash-up a little bit of Nolan's Batman with Snyder's Man of Steel and WA-LA!
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Magpiespower » Sat May 24, 2014 9:17 am

He's Just Not That Into You

I'm just not that into this movie.

Hollywood studio exec: I know! Let's remake When Harry Met Sally. But pitch it at 20-somethings. They won't care if it's s#itty or not. We'll just stack it with big name actors. Bam! My work is done. Now where's my coke and whores?
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Magpiespower wrote:He's Just Not That Into You

I'm just not that into this movie.

Hollywood studio exec: I know! Let's remake When Harry Met Sally. But pitch it at 20-somethings. They won't care if it's s#itty or not. We'll just stack it with big name actors. Bam! My work is done. Now where's my coke and whores?

I sat through that on a flight to Perth, simply as I had nothing else to do ( thanks Bin Laden! ) and I figured it might offer some soft and squishy bits on the screen from time to time.

I would have taken a parachute if they had one on offer. In fact, forget the 'chute just let me out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby Magpiespower » Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:I sat through that on a flight to Perth, simply as I had nothing else to do ( thanks Bin Laden! ) and I figured it might offer some soft and squishy bits on the screen from time to time.

I would have taken a parachute if they had one on offer. In fact, forget the 'chute just let me out.

Hey, I'll admit I love a good rom-com as much as the next straight bloke with a massive man-crush on Jared Polec.*

But yeah, this was awful and nowhere near awful enough to be a guilty pleasure.

Just wanted to punch every character in the face.

*NTTAWWT
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Magpiespower wrote:
Booney wrote:I sat through that on a flight to Perth, simply as I had nothing else to do ( thanks Bin Laden! ) and I figured it might offer some soft and squishy bits on the screen from time to time.

Hey, I'll admit I love a good rom-com as much as the next straight bloke with a massive man-crush on Jared Polec.*

But yeah, this was awful and nowhere near awful enough to be a guilty pleasure.

Just wanted to punch every character in the face.

*NTTAWWT

Really? I read an article that referred to Polec as looking like a "....juvenile version of a Nordic evil mastermind in a James Bond thriller" :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Watched Zodiac last night.

I like a few of the actors in it but the finish left me frustrated after sitting through a lengthy thriller-type build up.

I know it was based on a true story but in this case, the truth sucked. Make it end, don't leave me hanging in uncertainty. Kents
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Magpiespower » Mon May 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Really? I read an article that referred to Polec as looking like a "....juvenile version of a Nordic evil mastermind in a James Bond thriller" :lol:

It's the whole "gun midfielder wearing #21 running down the wing for Port" again.

Kinda reminds me of the bloke from Supernatural.

This is getting really "flamboyant"...
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Beer and tits.

( Back on hetero-track now )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Mon May 26, 2014 3:26 pm

OnSong wrote:Watched Zodiac last night.

I like a few of the actors in it but the finish left me frustrated after sitting through a lengthy thriller-type build up.

I know it was based on a true story but in this case, the truth sucked. Make it end, don't leave me hanging in uncertainty. Kents

There's a-lot I love about that movie... but it just doesn't hang together.

Maybe it's the triple-protagonists? Maybe it's the chasing ghosts/lack of a real antagonist? Dunno?

Do know that it needed more scenes like when Graysmith (Jake Gyllenhall) goes down into the basement.

The cult of amateur sleuths still trying to solve the case would make a great doco or even satire...
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Mon May 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Booney wrote:Beer and tits.

( Back on hetero-track now )

Ha! Just as I hit submit on my Zodiac post, the ol' "another comment has been made blah blah blah" message popped up.

White letters against a HOT PINK background.

Even the server is sus..
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue May 27, 2014 12:47 am

Sharknado. What a load of crap. Most hole plots ever.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 27, 2014 6:24 am

wristwatcher wrote:Sharknado. What a load of crap. Most hole plots ever.

Your kidding me. What hole plots? :o
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby OnSong » Tue May 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Magpiespower wrote:

Maybe it's the triple-protagonists? Maybe it's the chasing ghosts/lack of a real antagonist? Dunno?

Do know that it needed more scenes like when Graysmith (Jake Gyllenhall) goes down into the basement.

The cult of amateur sleuths still trying to solve the case would make a great doco or even satire...

Yeah, that scene was flipping me out.

The triple-protagonist bit annoyed me too. Thought Downey-Jnr's character was going to solve the whole shebang.

Then Graysmith. Never thought the cop (Ruffalo) had the thing solved but was hoping he would.

Then no one solved it. Kents!
OnSong
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 pm

OnSong wrote:
Magpiespower wrote:

The triple-protagonist bit annoyed me too. Thought Downey-Jnr's character was going to solve the whole shebang.

Then Graysmith. Never thought the cop (Ruffalo) had the thing solved but was hoping he would.

Isn't the true story also unsolved?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Magpiespower » Tue May 27, 2014 2:52 pm

heater31 wrote: Isn't the true story also unsolved?

Lots of speculation and suspects and theories... but yeah, it's still unsolved.

Some people are crazy obsessed by the case. There's online communities with teams of amateur sleuths. Divided into factions and competing with themselves and each other to unmask Zodiac. Skimmed through some threads after watching the movie the other night. Nutso!

Not unlike some of The Beaumonts/Somerton Man/Family stuff that's out there...
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed May 28, 2014 12:00 am

Godzilla (2014)

So crap I think an argument could be made that Godzilla (1998) was a better film.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am

Gozu wrote:Godzilla (2014)

So crap I think an argument could be made that Godzilla (1998) was a better film.

I saw Godzilla 98 with my ex and she turned to me and said "why don't they just poison the 5 tonne of fish". Even she worked out a way to stop the size changing Godzilla. God that movie was awful. I went for a walk during that movie. One of the worst I have seen and I liked the cartoon as a kid.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Gozu » Wed May 28, 2014 12:13 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Gozu wrote:Godzilla (2014)

I saw Godzilla 98 with my ex and she turned to me and said "why don't they just poison the 5 tonne of fish". Even she worked out a way to stop the size changing Godzilla. God that movie was awful. I went for a walk during that movie. One of the worst I have seen and I liked the cartoon as a kid.

I know the '98 movie was truly bad maybe being only a few hours removed from seeing this new one I'm still too close to the eye of the storm to pass objective judgement but I couldn't wait for the bloody thing to finish and stormed out of there.

The 3D preview for some upcoming Disney movie called Maleficent was the highlight!
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby OnSong » Wed May 28, 2014 11:39 am

heater31 wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Magpiespower wrote:

Isn't the true story also unsolved?

Like I said, the truth sucked!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Fri May 30, 2014 10:12 am

Just finished watching Zodiac as half-hour episodes. Made for some riveting TV! Easier to take in all the procedural stuff this way. Not having it pummel you over 157min.

Reakon that's the problem with the movie - it's pretty much ALL procedural and facts. Audience really doesn't get a great insight into the private lives of Graysmith, Toschi and Avery. Yeah, we get glimpses here and there but they're lost in all the case file stuff.

Kinda frustrating coz, technically, it's a brilliant film on so many levels. It's just pretty dry and keeps us at a distance. Never really lets us in...
Magpiespower
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment