General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:38 am

Watched the play school special last night on ABC. Loved it.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Watched the play school special last night on ABC. Loved it.

Same, was great

"Not a bad back entrance"
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Finally got around to giving Peaky Blinders a go .. Cracking show, thoroughly recommend
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Grenville » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:27 pm

My 600lb Life, the doctor on it is gold.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:11 am

Grenville wrote:My 600lb Life, the doctor on it is gold.

Hahahaha... my wife and I watch this every week while I drink iced coffee and smash a 200g pack of Salt and Vinegar chips...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1494 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Vampire movie week coming up on SBS 2 in August.

Only Lovers Left Alive (2013 UK)
Sunday, 7 August at 8.30pm

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (2014 USA)
Monday, 8 August at 8.30pm

Thirst (1979 Australia)
Monday, 8 August at 10.20pm

We Are The Night (2010 Germany)
Tuesday, 9 August at 8.30pm

Night Watch (2004 Russia)
Wednesday, 10 August at 8.30pm

Day Watch (2006 Russia)
Wednesday, 10 August at 10.35pm

Fright Night (1985 USA)
Friday, 12 August at 8.30pm

Byzantium (2012 UK)
Saturday, 13 August at 8.30pm

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/07/vam ... sbs-2.html

Pretty sweet
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:23 am

Gozu wrote:Finally a sequel to the hit ABC mini-series Blue Murder called The High Road has started production by Channel 7 and Richard Roxburgh is returning as Roger Rogerson who has been in the news a bit lately.

Production is underway on The High Road, a sequel to the acclaimed 1995 miniseries Blue Murder, for the Seven Network.

Richard Roxburgh is recreating his role as Roger Rogerson, the former NSW detective who was yesterday found guilty of the 2014 murder of university student Jamie Gao, with ex-cop Glen McNamara.

Director Michael Jenkins is returning for the project, produced by John Edwards’ Rough Diamond productions.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/06/ric ... equel.html

Just saw this. Great news. Blue Murder is one of the finest Australian mini-serieses.
Last edited by Magellan on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:29 am

Jase wrote:Have started watching Vinyl as well, starting out pretty good, and I reckon will just get better and better.

Just got hold of this on blu-ray. It's definitely worth a watch if you're into classic rock and early 70s stylings...and plenty of cocaine. ;)

It's fictitious story, but it successfully intertwines real-life characters and bands from the music biz from the era. The attention to detail in recreating New York and the general vibe of the 70s is very impressive. Good performances too, including Ray 'Everyone Loves Raymond' Romano in a more straight role.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 am

Just started watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix, heard a lot of good things. Pretty intriguing plot after a couple of episodes, and a great authentic 80s synthesizer soundtrack.

Anyone else had a look?
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:52 am

I'll have to check that out, Magi.

I've, for my sins, been watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix when I want something short and mindless. Not brilliant, but enough to give me a chuckle.
I've also just started watching Yankee Shameless. It took a while to get around to, because I loved the UK series so much. But I'm enjoying it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:01 am

Magellan wrote:Just started watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix, heard a lot of good things. Pretty intriguing plot after a couple of episodes, and a great authentic 80s synthesizer soundtrack.

Anyone else had a look?

I haven't seen it yet but like you have heard really good things about it. The score is meant to be very tasty. A known DJ in the UK just made up an hour long mixtape of Stranger Things with an extended theme song and featuring songs used in the show that has also been getting rave reviews.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-yoda-uk/the-s ... gs-mixtape
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby JK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:43 am

Gozu wrote:
Magellan wrote:Just started watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix, heard a lot of good things. Pretty intriguing plot after a couple of episodes, and a great authentic 80s synthesizer soundtrack.

Anyone else had a look?

I haven't seen it yet but like you have heard really good things about it. The score is meant to be very tasty. A known DJ in the UK just made up an hour long mixtape of Stranger Things with an extended theme song and featuring songs used in the show that has also been getting rave reviews.

Just came in here to ask if anyone had watched this. Ive been pretty addicted to it, just the one episode left to go now. Good thriller playing great homage to the 80's. Just hope they can see the season out without undoing all of the earlier good work.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Banker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Mr Robot Season 2 continues to impress.

But Alone has been my favorite show of 2016:
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Watched first three eps of The Night Of...so far so good. some interesting characters developing, though not sure how many more foot eczema shots I can handle.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 am

So...watched ep 3 of Shameless last night and I'm now hooked, if only for Laura Wiggins who has the most perfect boobs I can recall seeing on tv for a long time. Wohsers.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby JK » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:So...watched ep 3 of Shameless last night and I'm now hooked, if only for Laura Wiggins who has the most perfect boobs I can recall seeing on tv for a long time. Wohsers.

Close to my favourite show of all time, and yep, fair rack. Wait til she goes dark-haired, you'll laugh and chub at the same time! :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm

JK wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Anyone else had a look?

Just came in here to ask if anyone had watched this. Ive been pretty addicted to it, just the one episode left to go now. Good thriller playing great homage to the 80's. Just hope they can see the season out without undoing all of the earlier good work.

OK, started and finished the series in a week. You could pick apart small bits of the acting at times (imho) but good show, kept me and the missus well hooked!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:38 pm

I have been watching "Legit" on Netflix, which is Jim Jeffries' sitcom from a few years ago, where he plays a version of himself.

Its actually pretty excellent. The premise is Jim, his best mate and his mate's disabled younger brother all living together.

It is a really good depiction of disability on TV. The disabled guys arent used for cheap laughs or just to garner sympathy. Its very funny too. The pilot involves Jim taking Billy (the disabled guy) to a brothel to get laid for the first time
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:40 am

Started watching 'stranger things' last night on Netflix, just an Ep and half into and I think it's pretty good. Pretty different but good
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:I have been watching "Legit" on Netflix, which is Jim Jeffries' sitcom from a few years ago, where he plays a version of himself.

Its actually pretty excellent. The premise is Jim, his best mate and his mate's disabled younger brother all living together.

It is a really good depiction of disability on TV. The disabled guys arent used for cheap laughs or just to garner sympathy. Its very funny too. The pilot involves Jim taking Billy (the disabled guy) to a brothel to get laid for the first time

He's a very funny man. Have a listen to one of his stand up routines where he describes casting the disabled character, it's piss funny.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment