Round 1 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 1 2017

Postby ferret » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 am

South supporters always whinge when a player leaves South Adelaide, even when not home grown. They always find something to moan about.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am

ferret wrote:South supporters always whinge when a player leaves South Adelaide, even when not home grown. They always find something to moan about.

And who can blame them?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 am

Spargo wrote:
southee wrote:
Wedgie wrote:And well done to the middle aged male West supporters abusing young female South physios/runners telling them they're only there to claim Centrelink. Suck shit you brainless morons. Whoever is leading that club must be very proud.
The irony of ferals with no skills abusing uni grads about Centrlink. :lol:

Some of the abuse tonight by "some" West supporters was nothing but a disgrace (near the players race).

They were seriously frothing at the mouth.

Par for the course...

Always been a quality place to visit. Had a lovely afternoon there in 2015, started when we settled into our normal spot to watch the game, got interesting when the game finished and even continued on the walk back to the car. With my Mum and Step-Dad in tow, both in their 70's, Yobbo McRichmond kept yapping on down Milner Road, into Albert St....enough became enough and I inquired into his willingness to sort out our differences of opinion, he declined, shit in pants type declined. Now, I'm no fighter but when banter turns to abuse with threats included I'd had enough. I was hardly going to let him " **** us all up ".

The only bit of interaction I really enjoyed was the look on his and his two mates faces when I crossed Albert St. I have some Westies mates who I was happy to see happy at the end of 2015, then there's **** heads like that bloke mentioned above who I was even more pleased to see back in their rightful place, wooden spoon in hand.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby another grub » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:09 am

There's cock smokers at every club let's be honest. Ignore them
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 421 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 am

another grub wrote:There's cock smokers at every club let's be honest. Ignore them

Absolutely there is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Luckily the SANFL don't use Westies scoreboard as the official score! :shock:

FB_IMG_1491808479600.jpg
FB_IMG_1491808479600.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 1870 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby matt35 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Crowd at Unley: 3,291.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 am

matt35 wrote:Crowd at Unley: 3,291.

I suspect I already know the answer, but how many of the Crows contingent braved the post-Showdown glow to come out on Sunday arvo?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby another grub » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:42 am

4,000 as promised
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 421 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 am

Magellan wrote:

I suspect I already know the answer, but how many of the Crows contingent braved the post-Showdown glow to come out on Sunday arvo?

How many Sturt supporters also follow the Crows?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 am

Magellan wrote:

My impression was that there were a few more than normally go, but buggered if there were any more than about 150 people absolute maximum 200 people there to see the Crows play. Difficult too to assess when they all must take a vow of silence when they enter the gates apparently although there was one bloke in the grandstand who found his voice. Kudos to him I suppose, although he had a very limited repertoire. One of the apricot slice brigade ladies also started clapping in the faces of those around her when the siren sounded, which annoyed one punter, so she almost got the hang of it. So no difference to the first few years really. I thought being starved of live footy, Unley being such a good location, a few more might venture out of their habitats. But no luck.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 am

goddy11 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

How many Sturt supporters also follow the Crows?

I know one, Mr Hooray-for-Either-Result:

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 am

Ronnie wrote:
Magellan wrote:

My impression was that there were a few more than normally go, but buggered if there were any more than about 150 people absolute maximum 200 people there to see the Crows play. Difficult too to assess when they all must take a vow of silence when they enter the gates apparently although there was one bloke in the grandstand who found his voice. Kudos to him I suppose, although he had a very limited repertoire. One of the apricot slice brigade ladies also started clapping in the faces of those around her when the siren sounded, which annoyed one punter, so she almost got the hang of it. So no difference to the first few years really. I thought being starved of live footy, Unley being such a good location, a few more might venture out of their habitats. But no luck.

Well, I guess they're all puffed out after the greatest and most crucial showdown match ever in twenty years, so fair enough. Cold day in the Unley outer versus a hot cup of Horlicks and fruit toast with lemon butter in the Jayson recliner watching the previous night's replay, no wonder they stayed away.

Let me guess...the guy in the grandstand's limited repertoire consisted of him yelling out "...ball!!!!!" every time someone approached a football.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:29 am

Let me guess...the guy in the grandstand's limited repertoire consisted of him yelling out "...ball!!!!!" every time someone approached a football.[/quote]

No, don't recall him commentating on the umpiring, followers of an AFL "club" have given up trying to follow every new rule and interpretation that is brought in which is fair enough and I suspect this bloke was on loan from AFL duties or at least Foxtel duties.
He knew there was a Jarman out there (who did ok) which seemed to please him, and "Crouchy" was racking it up. He was also pleased with some of Menzel's work. Did he know all his players out there? No chance, which made for some uncomfortable pauses in commentary. Never mind, I expect Glenelg Oval to offer a more genuine atmosphere this coming week roof or no roof.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby stan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Ronnie wrote:Let me guess...the guy in the grandstand's limited repertoire consisted of him yelling out "...ball!!!!!" every time someone approached a football.

No, don't recall him commentating on the umpiring, followers of an AFL "club" have given up trying to follow every new rule and interpretation that is brought in which is fair enough and I suspect this bloke was on loan from AFL duties or at least Foxtel duties.
He knew there was a Jarman out there (who did ok) which seemed to please him, and "Crouchy" was racking it up. He was also pleased with some of Menzel's work. Did he know all his players out there? No chance, which made for some uncomfortable pauses in commentary. Never mind, I expect Glenelg Oval to offer a more genuine atmosphere this coming week roof or no roof.[/quote]
The roof is off down at the bay. Right off after last werkend.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby dogbreath » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 pm

goddy11 wrote:What have the Eagles done to Gus Poole over summer. Because a lot of players left, was he locked up to stop him escape. Looks like a midget Tom Hanks from Castaway. Also John Butcher please grow the beard again. Unrecognizable.
Attachments
Gimli.jpg
He's been making movies.
Gimli.jpg (35.34 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Is it just me, or is his beard way too clean? It looks as though make-up have attempted to create a look of dirtiness about his facial skin, but I suspect that such an optically challenged individual, who communicates in grimaces and spends his days roaming the land killing Orcs would have a bit more residue left in such a glorious set of whiskers. I cannot think it plausible that he would sit down and pick bread crumbs and pig fat out of that mane after each meal, nor would he possess the table manners to prevent the sauces and oils becoming enmeshed in it to begin with.
This has completely destroyed any possible future viewing pleasure for the Lord of the Ring Trilogy of movies, I think I would also find it hard to read the books without that image of Gimli and his implausibly sparkling clean beard being summoned during the goriest of moments. Make-up have really dropped the ball over this one, I am surprised that haven't met with more of a back-lash. I think I possibly would have been much better off had I not seen that picture, DogBreath.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby dogbreath » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 pm

therisingblues wrote:Is it just me, or is his beard way too clean? It looks as though make-up have attempted to create a look of dirtiness about his facial skin, but I suspect that such an optically challenged individual, who communicates in grimaces and spends his days roaming the land killing Orcs would have a bit more residue left in such a glorious set of whiskers. I cannot think it plausible that he would sit down and pick bread crumbs and pig fat out of that mane after each meal, nor would he possess the table manners to prevent the sauces and oils becoming enmeshed in it to begin with.
This has completely destroyed any possible future viewing pleasure for the Lord of the Ring Trilogy of movies, I think I would also find it hard to read the books without that image of Gimli and his implausibly sparkling clean beard being summoned during the goriest of moments. Make-up have really dropped the ball over this one, I am surprised that haven't met with more of a back-lash. I think I possibly would have been much better off had I not seen that picture, DogBreath.

You're on crack TRB
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:00 am

dogbreath wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Is it just me, or is his beard way too clean? It looks as though make-up have attempted to create a look of dirtiness about his facial skin, but I suspect that such an optically challenged individual, who communicates in grimaces and spends his days roaming the land killing Orcs would have a bit more residue left in such a glorious set of whiskers. I cannot think it plausible that he would sit down and pick bread crumbs and pig fat out of that mane after each meal, nor would he possess the table manners to prevent the sauces and oils becoming enmeshed in it to begin with.

You're on crack TRB

Vitamin supplements ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:46 pm

I get the feeling I am not being taken seriously...
:lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL