R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm

STURT
Sturt has included goal-scoring power for its blockbuster against Adelaide at Peter Motley Oval on Saturday.
Goalsneak Ben Hansen has been declared fit after resting in Round 9 with a foot complaint, giving him close to three weeks rest due to the West End State Game.
Emerging forward Henry Carey has also been included on the five-man extended interchange bench.
Carey was named third best for SA’s U20 side on Sunday, booting five goals in helping his team defeat the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team in the curtain-raiser at Adelaide Oval.

League
F: Greenslade, Voigt, M. Evans
HF: Hone, K. Beard, Martin
C: Crocker, Battersby, Lienert
HB: Page, Stephens, P. Wilson
B: McMahon, F. Evans, Gilfoy

R: Osborn, Riley, Kirkwood
INT: B. Hansen, Harms, Wildman, Jonas, Carey
IN: B. Hansen, Carey

Under-18
F: Dodd, Fahey-Sparks, Coombe
HF: Fielke, Young, Aitchison
C: Musolino, Callins, Houlahan
HB: Collins, Applebee, Edmonds
B: Yunupingu, Powell, Weidenhofer

R: Thatcher, Thiele, Telford
INT: Trenorden, Trevorrow, Hill, Angelberger
EMG: Prosser, Scott, Badger

ADELAIDE
Adelaide midfielder Brad Crouch will continue to build his form in the SANFL, named to play against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval on Saturday.
After resting last weekend due to the West End State game, the eldest Crouch sibling has been listed to start in the centre square against the Double Blues.
In his last outing against Central District, Crouch racked up 37 disposals and 11 clearances and a similar performance could earn him AFL selection the following week.
Key defender Alex Keath has been named at full back after overcoming knee soreness while Harrison Wigg has been injected back into the line-up to play on the wing.

League
F: Hunter, Dear, Menzel
HF: Beech, Lowden, Greenwood
C: Grigg, B. Crouch, Wigg
HB: Carey, Otten, Kelly
B: Doedee, Keath, Ramsey

R: O’Brien, Ellis-Yolmen, Gore
INT: Heffernan, Leigh, Wittwer, Johncock, Hancock
IN: Keath, Wigg
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Re: R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

Postby the joker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Still three more AFL crows to come in to that squad. They will have 20 out of 21 afl listed players. They will be to strong with that many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby southee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Crows ressies by 6 goals.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:36 am

Some handy ins for the Ravens.
I don't like our chances too much. Last time I saw Crouch play against Sturt he had Podsiadly up forward to kick to. That combination was unstoppable. Pods grabbed everything that came even vaguely close, yet most of the time it was delivered laces out on the chest. I got the distinct feeling they were toying with us that day.
There'll be no Pods' this time, but too many AFL reps on every line should make this the toughest challenge we've faced this year.
It will be a real test for Sturt to keep our structures and discipline, and limit the bleeding.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:09 am

therisingblues wrote:Some handy ins for the Ravens.
I don't like our chances too much. Last time I saw Crouch play against Sturt he had Podsiadly up forward to kick to. That combination was unstoppable. Pods grabbed everything that came even vaguely close, yet most of the time it was delivered laces out on the chest. I got the distinct feeling they were toying with us that day.
There'll be no Pods' this time, but too many AFL reps on every line should make this the toughest challenge we've faced this year.
It will be a real test for Sturt to keep our structures and discipline, and limit the bleeding.

Fair assessment of what's likely to happen. It's not often that top plays third in which the top side hopes to minimise the damage. The SANFL's 'Wheel of Integrity' has been spun again, unfortunately for Sturt it's getting very close to landing on Lose a Match.

Really hope that (a) the Blues can knock them off, and that (b) none of their fans attend, either so as to not waste their arvo watching a game the opposition don't care about, or simply out of protest.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 am

Magellan wrote:Really hope that (a) the Blues can knock them off, and that (b) none of their fans attend, either so as to not waste their arvo watching a game the opposition don't care about, or simply out of protest.

Blues fans can indulge in a pure football alternative at Glenelg oval on Saturday.

Glenelg vs Sturt u18. starts at 11.25
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:45 am

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:Really hope that (a) the Blues can knock them off, and that (b) none of their fans attend, either so as to not waste their arvo watching a game the opposition don't care about, or simply out of protest.

Blues fans can indulge in a pure football alternative at Glenelg oval on Saturday.

I can't help myself. I've been hell busy most of this footy season, and took time off that I couldn't afford to watch the South clash. Really wanted to see the North game as I knew it'd be a cracker, but I needed a time machine to get to that one.
I have a free weekend with minimal commitment immediately after, I'm going to this one. Gonna stand on the terraces, have a beer, and just watch with the knowledge that it is what it is.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Thats a good side the Ravens have on the park. Good luck Sturt.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Grahaml » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Rotten luck coming up against that Crows side. Wouldn't think with the reserves concept that you'd get so many AFL listed blokes on the park outside the early rounds of the year. We could well be singing the praises of sturt if they get within 10 goals.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Sturt favs with the bookies
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby stan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:43 am

Dutchy wrote:Sturt favs with the bookies

Thats interesting. Would have thought Adelaide would start favorites.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Magellan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:28 am

therisingblues wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

I can't help myself. I've been hell busy most of this footy season, and took time off that I couldn't afford to watch the South clash. Really wanted to see the North game as I knew it'd be a cracker, but I needed a time machine to get to that one.
I have a free weekend with minimal commitment immediately after, I'm going to this one. Gonna stand on the terraces, have a beer, and just watch with the knowledge that it is what it is.

Fair enough TRB. Hopefully you don't get an email from your club desperately thanking you for turning up to a game everyone knows is a farce.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby matt35 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Will be at Alberton so can't make this one. Reckon it'll be closer than some on here think. Adelaide were pretty ordinary at Elizabeth two weeks ago, but with some good additions I think will win by 2-3 goals.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Fair enough TRB. Hopefully you don't get an email from your club desperately thanking you for turning up to a game everyone knows is a farce.

I know that's true. But the two points up for grabs are very real, and that happens to be our lead over a pack of sides chasing us. I'll need to check the table but I think a loss could see us lose top spot, and put us equal with Eagles and ravens. If we slip today there could be a long way to fall.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:35 pm

therisingblues wrote:I know that's true. But the two points up for grabs are very real, and that happens to be our lead over a pack of sides chasing us. I'll need to check the table but I think a loss could see us lose top spot, and put us equal with Eagles and ravens. If we slip today there could be a long way to fall.

Yes, definitely a lot at stake for for the burgeoning Sturt side today, and two points is two points. Presumably the same applies to the opposition, given their position on the ladder. Pity they'll be apathetic or oblivious to it.

Really hope Sturt can get over them today, would means big things...provided the Crows 'play to the line'.

Enjoy the banter! ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I know that's true. But the two points up for grabs are very real, and that happens to be our lead over a pack of sides chasing us. I'll need to check the table but I think a loss could see us lose top spot, and put us equal with Eagles and ravens. If we slip today there could be a long way to fall.

Yes, definitely a lot at stake for for the burgeoning Sturt side today, and two points is two points. Presumably the same applies to the opposition, given their position on the ladder. Pity they'll be apathetic or oblivious to it.

Really hope Sturt can get over them today, would means big things...provided the Crows 'play to the line'.

Enjoy the banter! ;)

I'm sure that if every ravens fan who turns up today, was to say even just one word as they pass me by, the cacophony would ne so overwhelming, my ears would surely fall off by the end of the match. ;)
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:21 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Enjoy the banter! ;)

I'm sure that if every ravens fan who turns up today, was to say even just one word as they pass me by, the cacophony would ne so overwhelming, my ears would surely fall off by the end of the match. ;)

But what would that one word be? 'Apricot slice, anyone?', 'Eddie Betts for goal-of-the-year', and 'Did you forget to bring nanna's crocheted Taylor Walker rug again?' are too many words. However, you might hear the ubiquitous 'nineteen' mentioned in relation to the number of AFL players on the ground. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 pm

I reckon that unless we arranged some sort of scoreboard prompt, the exercise of them coming up with anything to say themselves just might be beyond them.
The football version of a live TV game show audience.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:11 pm

therisingblues wrote:I reckon that unless we arranged some sort of scoreboard prompt, the exercise of them coming up with anything to say themselves just might be beyond them.
The football version of a live TV game show audience.

Maybe you could encourage them to speak by asking them if they're going to The Shed after the game?
Magellan
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL