Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Postby maxyoz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:53 pm

heater31 wrote:
maxyoz wrote:
Gozu wrote:Crowd 3,505.

Biggest crowd of the round?

But 3200 of them supporting the home team....imagine if they played a real SANFL club.....

3 other matches involving real clubs for a total of 6,000.

4,015 at Prospect last week against the Crows (one of their biggest crowds) and now this at Unley. Maybe no Crow supporters are turning up, but it's certainly bringing out plenty of "real" club supporters. Surely that should be pleasing for the home teams.

Just think how dead the real clubs would be if everybody boycotted the SANFL/ AFL games like was suggested.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Crows had little to do with last Sunday's crowd at Prospect. We haven't had a round 1 game at home often, we usually have the bye or are away and Sunday suited dozens of people I know alone that couldn't make it the following Sunday. Ideally for me also started a week before the Sunday junior comp. Just a perfect time that North doesn't get too often. Mind you I would be more inclined to attend North v Adelaide than North v South as there is a genuine hatred amongst a lot of real footy fans against the Crows.
Its overall membership and numbers for the full season that count. Since there's the same amount of games as last year if we don't get a total of 4,000 x 18 more than the Crows experiment has failed, I doubt it will be even close to 2,000 x 18 more if any.
Memberships aren't looking good too, and that's despite some of us buying more than usual (my first South membership ever).
There seems to be a novelty factor with the Crows but unfortunately its not amongst Crows supporter, the way the Crows are going this will be disastrous as that novelty factor quickly wears off when they don't win a game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2053 times
Been liked: 3900 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL