The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby sjt » Sun May 04, 2014 9:15 pm

cennals05 wrote:I posted something on Twitter to the 6 clubs that voted yes saying well done for handing Port Reserves the premiership. Had a reply from an Eagles supporter calling me a sooky lala and no one cares what I think. Then when I said he obviously did because he replied, he said that he studies negative people so that's why he's interested. I doubt that's even true, but I hope he recognises the irony in his first reply.

I am really finding it hard this year to go to the football. It is such an unfair competition. The clubs have made their decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't want to be angry and annoyed every time I go to the football or read the results. The only solution is to remove myself from the situation, which means no longer following the SANFL. I just don't know if I'm ready yet, but it's something I see happening in the near future.

It would have been easier if centrals had voted yes, then I could've walked away this year.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 pm

on the rails wrote:Sadly Dutchy I don't miss it either and my wallet is alot healthier!

How's you liver OTR :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby on the rails » Mon May 05, 2014 11:32 am

Good thanks JTC - the taste of Champions Champagne is great!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon May 05, 2014 11:49 am

on the rails wrote:Good thanks JTC - the taste of Champions Champagne is great!

Go the mighty Foxes!
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 11:54 am

on the rails wrote:Good thanks JTC - the taste of Champions Champagne is great!

Onya mate and enjoy. We had a ripper of a night tonight at the POTYA.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am

sjt wrote:
cennals05 wrote:I posted something on Twitter to the 6 clubs that voted yes saying well done for handing Port Reserves the premiership. Had a reply from an Eagles supporter calling me a sooky lala and no one cares what I think. Then when I said he obviously did because he replied, he said that he studies negative people so that's why he's interested. I doubt that's even true, but I hope he recognises the irony in his first reply.

I am really finding it hard this year to go to the football. It is such an unfair competition. The clubs have made their decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't want to be angry and annoyed every time I go to the football or read the results. The only solution is to remove myself from the situation, which means no longer following the SANFL. I just don't know if I'm ready yet, but it's something I see happening in the near future.

It would have been easier if centrals had voted yes, then I could've walked away this year.

The SANFL clubs didn't agree to give Port the extra concessions they have - They voted them in on the pre-text of it being on the same model as the Crows. The SANFL themselves altered that playing field.

That said, the fact still remains that if the "Yes" voters hadn't been successful, none of this would be an issue anyway.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby dedja » Mon May 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Gordon Pickard says hello ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby JK » Mon May 05, 2014 12:02 pm

dedja wrote:Gordon Pickard says hello ...

And what was your excuse for voting yes?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mal » Mon May 05, 2014 12:04 pm

In 1878 Norwood was the new team in the comp
Norwood went through undefeated to win the title

In 2014 Port Reserves are the new team in the comp
Would have been undefeated this season , but were stopped by Norwood in Round 1

Could Port Reserves be the 3rd team to win a SA title in its first year ?

South Adelaide won its first season as well !!!
Last edited by mal on Mon May 05, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 05, 2014 12:05 pm

JK wrote:
dedja wrote:Gordon Pickard says hello ...

And what was your excuse for voting yes?

no speaka da engleesha ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 12:11 pm

JK wrote:
sjt wrote:

The SANFL clubs didn't agree to give Port the extra concessions they have - They voted them in on the pre-text of it being on the same model as the Crows. The SANFL themselves altered that playing field.

That said, the fact still remains that if the "Yes" voters hadn't been successful, none of this would be an issue anyway.
I think, as with the Crows deal, that all 8 clubs would have had to vote no to make any difference. Didn't the Crows chap say that if it wasn't a total Yes vote then it wouldn't happen. That soon changed when it was clear all weren't voting yes.
Even you mob's backflip didn't really matter. I'd question how much the vote was going to influence the committee in the first place and what the ruling was actually agreed upon between the committee and the club presidents. For example had Norwood stayed firm and voted no along with South and Centrals would it have made a difference? Personally speaking, I doubt it, but I also doubt that even if North had voted no it would have made a difference. The presidents vote in my opinion was the committee paying lip service to the league clubs. The deal with the Crows, and eventually Port, was already done and dusted.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:16 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
JK wrote:
sjt wrote:

I think, as with the Crows deal, that all 8 clubs would have had to vote no to make any difference. Didn't the Crows chap say that if it wasn't a total Yes vote then it wouldn't happen. That soon changed when it was clear all weren't voting yes.
Even you mob's backflip didn't really matter. I'd question how much the vote was going to influence the committee in the first place and what the ruling was actually agreed upon between the committee and the club presidents. For example had Norwood stayed firm and voted no along with South and Centrals would it have made a difference? Personally speaking, I doubt it, but I also doubt that even if North had voted no it would have made a difference. The presidents vote in my opinion was the committee paying lip service to the league clubs. The deal with the Crows, and eventually Port, was already done and dusted.

All that was needed was the motion to be defeated (1 more no vote was needed as it required a 2/3 majority).

Then the cows would have bullied the SAAFL to let them in to their competition...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 12:26 pm

In my opinion, SANFL fans bagging each other as to who voted yes or no is a complete waste of time and an unnecessary negative we could all do without.
Dedja ( I've only just sussed out what that means :D ) didn't vote yes or no, no more than anyone else on here voted yes or no. Nor did he or anyone one else have any influence over which way their club presidents voted. And that includes Redleg fans. So sniping at anyone of them / us is a waste of time.
The focus of all true SANFL fans, including true Magpie fans, should be focused at the SANFL Committee. They are the bunch who decided the let the Crows Reserves in and latterly the Power Reserves with different rules and which subsequently buggered up the competition.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 05, 2014 12:31 pm

heater31 wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
JK wrote:
sjt wrote:

All that was needed was the motion to be defeated (1 more no vote was needed as it required a 2/3 majority).

Then the cows would have bullied the SAAFL to let them in to their competition...

Was that constitutional?
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby RB » Mon May 05, 2014 2:09 pm

johntheclaret wrote:In my opinion, SANFL fans bagging each other as to who voted yes or no is a complete waste of time and an unnecessary negative we could all do without.
Dedja ( I've only just sussed out what that means :D ) didn't vote yes or no, no more than anyone else on here voted yes or no. Nor did he or anyone one else have any influence over which way their club presidents voted. And that includes Redleg fans. So sniping at anyone of them / us is a waste of time.
Regarding snipes at Norwood fans, I think most people are just amazed at their lack of outrage at their president lying to their faces.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 05, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't think he lied. He genuinely intended to vote that way. His head, however, was turned, by whatever was said to him by a club provider. Tough position. Sadly, he was stupid enough to voice his opinion before the papers were signed. It was very unusual, I felt, for someone in that position to actually make the comment in the first place - very naive.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby topsywaldron » Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm

RB wrote: Regarding snipes at Norwood fans, I think most people are just amazed at their lack of outrage at their president lying to their faces.

Well he was quoted in the paper recently as saying a lot of people were still angry with him so I suspect he knows.

That he subsequently quit his position says it all really.

He did a lot of things at Norwood I despised, split the club in two to get elected, bullied people who didn't agree with him off the board but I'd almost dealt with this given we'd won a couple of flags. But to stand up in front of us and say that if the two AFL reserves teams were admitted we'd be reduced to the status of parklands footy within a generation and then freaking vote yes will forever brand him, in my eyes, as a traitor to his club and SA footy as a whole.

Agreed though that the commission should be held accountable. Hassle Andrew Killey on facebook here, he's a deplorable apologist for his and his mates on the commission's rancid actions.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby fester69 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I don't think he lied. He genuinely intended to vote that way. His head, however, was turned, by whatever was said to him by a club provider. Tough position. Sadly, he was stupid enough to voice his opinion before the papers were signed. It was very unusual, I felt, for someone in that position to actually make the comment in the first place - very naive.

If he hadn't said anything before the vote it would of been better not just for him but the entire Norwood Football Club.
I don't believe he was lying when he said that our vote was no, but the situation changed.

Lots of people say til death do us part but divorce still happens.
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 05, 2014 3:25 pm

topsywaldron wrote: But to stand up in front of us and say that if the two AFL reserves teams were admitted we'd be reduced to the status of parklands footy within a generation and then freaking vote yes will forever brand him, in my eyes, as a traitor to his club and SA footy as a whole.

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!

Took the bribe stopped fighting to protect the oldest football league in Australia.

And then to lie in his reasoning to his members as to why he voted YES

Absolute SCUM!!!!!!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby RB » Mon May 05, 2014 4:00 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
RB wrote: Regarding snipes at Norwood fans, I think most people are just amazed at their lack of outrage at their president lying to their faces.

Well he was quoted in the paper recently as saying a lot of people were still angry with him so I suspect he knows.

That he subsequently quit his position says it all really.

He did a lot of things at Norwood I despised, split the club in two to get elected, bullied people who didn't agree with him off the board but I'd almost dealt with this given we'd won a couple of flags. But to stand up in front of us and say that if the two AFL reserves teams were admitted we'd be reduced to the status of parklands footy within a generation and then freaking vote yes will forever brand him, in my eyes, as a traitor to his club and SA footy as a whole.

Agreed though that the commission should be held accountable. Hassle Andrew Killey on facebook here, he's a deplorable apologist for his and his mates on the commission's rancid actions.
Nice to know at least some of you aren't slavish drudges.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL