The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby sjt » Sun May 03, 2015 9:24 pm

LPH wrote:Traditional Rivalry :roll:

The salary cap cheat or back stabber cup?
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby RB » Sun May 03, 2015 9:30 pm

LPH wrote:Agree...I think 40000 people @ 2013 GF suggests otherwise

Exactly.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Scrapboy » Sun May 03, 2015 9:31 pm

How can there be a traditional rivalry between teams that have only played each other 5 times? Leave it as the GF rematch FFS...
Last edited by Scrapboy on Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 03, 2015 9:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:I think the SANFL has been going down the toilet for years now, and the entry of the Crows into the SANFL has allowed disaffected folks to channel all of their anger into one entity

Either ignorant or trolling.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Mon May 04, 2015 11:02 am

just a slightly different point to the current discussion flow.

of the 5 games this weekend just past, only 1 of the games has gathered enough posts to break into the second page. says a lot really for the "increase of interest" when the reserves sides were introduced.

back in the distant past (2013 and before) games used to get several pages on pre game, and have new posts created to post in post game, which would also break into multiple pages. who would have thought that with the introduction of the reserves sides would increase the interest to such a point that no one feels the need to write anything about the games anymore. what a world we live in......
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:05 am

tipper wrote:just a slightly different point to the current discussion flow.

of the 5 games this weekend just past, only 1 of the games has gathered enough posts to break into the second page. says a lot really for the "increase of interest" when the reserves sides were introduced.

back in the distant past (2013 and before) games used to get several pages on pre game, and have new posts created to post in post game, which would also break into multiple pages. who would have thought that with the introduction of the reserves sides would increase the interest to such a point that no one feels the need to write anything about the games anymore. what a world we live in......

and some matches wouldn't have a preview thread up until the Wednesday, when in previous years most would be up sunday night or Monday and the discussion would move onto the next week, especially if you lost the previous week! :D
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11854 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby saintal » Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 am

Yep, i still post a few ramblings about each South game and skim through the other match threads, but the lack of comment (especially post-game) is rather alarming. Have noticed the amount of comments on the sanfl's facebook page has also declined significantly.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Mon May 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Maybe people are posting on a different forum? 8-[
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm

good point CC, but after a quick check, the relatively recent sa footy forum also only has a single page of posts about the last weekends games, ,so i doubt that it is caused by a mass exodus to other locations.

(curiously it is the South v adelaide game that has made it to multiple pages on both forums, and mosts posts seem to be pre game, before the lighting issue. keep up the good work panther supporters)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Mon May 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Maybe the quality of posts is increasing while the quantity of posts is decreasing. There used to be a lot of crap punched back and forth. Maybe we're maturing! :lol:
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 04, 2015 3:31 pm

lol, i also highly doubt that, leopards and spots come to mind ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Its just the SANFL interest has dipped, interest and posts are actually up in other areas of the site.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Kym Morgan in today's Advertiser, on Norwood v Adelaide this Friday.
" There is the possibility of a farcical situation where Adelaide could field 21 top up players in a move that would hurt the competitions integrity"

Well Kym, new to football?

Have any idea on what the introduction of the reserves sides has done to the integrity of the SANFL (you may know it as the state league)?

Has your reporting of the CROWS and PORT regarding the benefits they bring to the league met any, yes any of the stated expectations (I refer to your articles in 2014).

In the article, you say Heath Younie said that the well being of his younger players had to take priority.

These comments could and perhaps should have lead to some good questioning, such as if the well being of the young players is a priority, why do some of the top up players play twice such as Justin Bollenhagen who did his hamstring in the second match?

Given that you are playing in THEIR competition, shouldn't you play by their rules?

And finally, do you really think that Heath Younie would have much influence over the final decision given his role?

My tip is that Younie has almost no say on matters like this and his views do not replicate those of Phil Walsh and other Crows hierarchy who have publically stated that the AFL is already getting too far away from grassroots footy.

Leave the suckholing to Rucci.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby LPH » Mon May 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Well spotted... Well said :)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LPH » Mon May 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Maybe the quality of posts is increasing while the quantity of posts is decreasing. There used to be a lot of crap punched back and forth. Maybe we're maturing! :lol:

Please, I will have you know that my lack of maturity is just as in tact as it was when driving the 'Big Blue Bus'! :twisted:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I think the SANFL has been going down the toilet for years now, and the entry of the Crows into the SANFL has allowed disaffected folks to channel all of their anger into one entity

He doesnt troll, just ask him, he's just very **** ignorant
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wild dog » Mon May 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Wedgie wrote:Its just the SANFL interest has dipped, interest and posts are actually up in other areas of the site.

Out of interest which areas have the numbers migrated to. I understand if this is confidential info, but I had a look at the Amateurs board and was surprised at the quantity as well as the quality info on teams, player movements etc. Well worth a read.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Aerie » Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:

There have definitely been other factors than AFL reserves that have contributed to lessen the SANFL in previous years. But none moreso than their introduction, which has coincided with the loss of Port as a genuine SANFL team and in turn knocked the Eagles out from old West Torrens area.

But, all in the name of progress. I have enjoyed going to some AFL games at Adelaide Oval for the first time this season. Not the same though, but neither is the SANFL any more.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby philcas » Sun May 10, 2015 12:41 am

I wonder if phil walsh is happy how the his reserves team is playing. I assume its not working out to how he would like. Trying to pick players from his reserves side after being beten most weeks wouldn't make him feel warm & fuzzy about who to bring into the AFL side The way things are at the moment some players wouldnt feel to much pressure in losing their spot
The skill level especialy turnovers in defence & midfield is concerning i would of thought.
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Hazydog » Tue May 12, 2015 11:45 am

Peter Argent has posted an article on Facebook under "Our Sporting Life SA" claiming that three Crows top up players have played for both the Crows Reserve team AND their rural club on the same weekend in the last month.

Raises many questions but certainly puts the recent issue they had with players needing a 5 day break into context :roll:

Apparently Bollenhagen played for them on Anzac Day eve, and then suited up for Renmark on the Sunday, where he duly injured his hamstring.

Yep, playing to the line alright....
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL