The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm

areaman wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Errrrr, lets see...Got it. Port's financial precipice is factually correct and not alleged? ;)

It's a mere blip.

A combined $16.8m loss over 5 years requiring $19m worth of grants is not a problem.

Everything is rosy at Alberton. Nothing to see here.

2013 results to come out shortly.

No doubt the red ink has been replaced by massive profits.

-$1.7m...off you all go.

*Edit - "I hear it is $1.7..."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
areaman wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Errrrr, lets see...Got it. Port's financial precipice is factually correct and not alleged? ;)

It's a mere blip.

A combined $16.8m loss over 5 years requiring $19m worth of grants is not a problem.

No doubt the red ink has been replaced by massive profits.

-$1.7m...off you all go.

*Edit - "I hear it is $1.7..."

Extracting the urine out of Port for their fiances lost it amusement factor in about 2010 on here Boon. Granted we have gone to that well several times since then but you know it has a certain "de rigueur" on this esteemed flora!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

areaman wrote:

It's a mere blip.

No doubt the red ink has been replaced by massive profits.[/quote]

You mean like the profits at West Lakes?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby areaman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:25 pm

beenreal wrote:
areaman wrote:

It's a mere blip.

No doubt the red ink has been replaced by massive profits.[/quote]

You mean like the profits at West Lakes?

I was merely putting some facts on the page in relation to your bizzare post about "Port Adelaide's alleged financial precipice".

To say Port's poor financial situation since 2007 is only "alleged" is one of the more delusional commments I've read on here in a while. And there has been a wide range of delusional comments to compare it against.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:35 pm

This does get deep now. Which team has won all the premierships, apache?

Where is the SANFL going to end up?
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Cash 123 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Go the magpies
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Dogger the Magpies did in the past and that is all history now.

As of 2014 they do not exist the landscape has changed they might wear the black and white prison bars and a have a little Magpie sewed on their guernseys this year and appear to be the Magpies but its just all an illusion.

Most ASTUTE SANFL followers really know this is a fact as we all have read and seen it in the media this team is now the POWER RESERVES a AFL RESERVES team just like the CROWS RESERVES.

Or has someone been telling us lies ?????

Interesting times a head.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 pm

If the AFL created a reserves league (I know it's not on the radar) but let's hypothetically say they did would there be a Port Adelaide side in the SANFL?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:09 pm

No because of the Collingwood Magpies however there is another point of contention I am surprised that the Collingwood Football Club have not objected to the fact the the AFL POWER RESERVES team is still badged as the Magpies and thus using Collingwoods logo and colors.

Very very interesting.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:12 pm

I have never understood why there can't be 2 teams with the colours of black and white in the AFL. The designs of the guernseys are different and when they play each other away team just wears alternate guernsey.

Manchester United and Liverpool both wear red and no one confuses them!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Been liked: 140 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Dogger the Magpies did in the past and that is all history now.

As of 2014 they do not exist the landscape has changed they might wear the black and white prison bars and a have a little Magpie sewed on their guernseys this year and appear to be the Magpies but its just all an illusion.

Most ASTUTE SANFL followers really know this is a fact as we all have read and seen it in the media this team is now the POWER RESERVES a AFL RESERVES team just like the CROWS RESERVES.

to you and a lot of the muppets on here they don't exist, but to us true supporters they are very alive and will be kicking for many years to come. You can try and bag us as much as you want, but at the end of the day we are still the most successful club in the sanfl and will be for many years to come. We all know that you are just butt hurt because you know your club will never be able to achieve as much as PAFC have since 1870. maybe instead of sitting on here crying like a 2 year old, you help your club out and try to find them a new sponsor, because in a couple of years your club could be in a very difficult situation. Then again i'm sure there is plenty of supporters that would love not to have to travel to elizabeth.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 pm

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Dogger the Magpies did in the past and that is all history now.

to you and a lot of the muppets on here they don't exist, but to us true supporters they are very alive and will be kicking for many years to come. You can try and bag us as much as you want, but at the end of the day we are still the most successful club in the sanfl and will be for many years to come. We all know that you are just butt hurt because you know your club will never be able to achieve as much as PAFC have since 1870. maybe instead of sitting on here crying like a 2 year old, you help your club out and try to find them a new sponsor, because in a couple of years your club could be in a very difficult situation. Then again i'm sure there is plenty of supporters that would love not to have to travel to elizabeth.

You do have 96 years head start and only had 5 teams to beat for quite alot of them.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Fricky » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Panther Pack wrote:If the AFL created a reserves league (I know it's not on the radar) but let's hypothetically say they did would there be a Port Adelaide side in the SANFL?

I thought that the Port SANFL side is going to wear the Power guernsey as of 2015, so if the AFL do create a reserve comp there will be no clash of the magpies
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Suri wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:If the AFL created a reserves league (I know it's not on the radar) but let's hypothetically say they did would there be a Port Adelaide side in the SANFL?

I thought that the Port SANFL side is going to wear the Power guernsey as of 2015, so if the AFL do create a reserve comp there will be no clash of the magpies

nope they will be wearing the magpies guernsey because that is what they are.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:50 pm

kickinit wrote:
Suri wrote:

Are they not the Port Powers Reserves Side then
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:55 pm

In all seriousness though is there any other sporting club in the world where even it's own supporters and living legends can't agree on its identity. It's only been in the last couple of years that its parent team even worked out if they wanted to embrace their past or whether thy wanted to be 'the alternative' to the Cows.
Obviously the Magpie emblem was so important to them they were more than willing to disregard it to get in be with the rebranded vfl
whufc
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:14 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
whufc wrote:Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal

apparently woolworths has a special on kleenex tissues this week, you 2 might want to grab some.

Apply plenty of ice to that burn whufc.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Scrapboy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:41 pm

kickinit wrote:
Suri wrote:

Sorry, Power reserves in a heritage guernsey. Seriously, most Port people I know even believe that.
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:59 pm

whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Suri wrote:

Are they not the Port Powers Reserves Side then

where centrals a AFL reserves side last year? The only reason our AFL side is named the power is because collingwood are in the AFL, if there was no collingwood in the AFL and Port's AFL side was known as the magpies and wearing the prison bar guernsey would would you still be crying? The sooner you muppet's realise that our SANFL side is the Port Magpies the sooner the crying will stop on this forum. I'm sure you have broken a record or something with how long you have cried over this topic.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Ummm is your first sentence a serious question

The answer is no Centrals were not an AFL reserves side last year because we are not 'one club ' with an AFL side

And the reason your club is now called the Power is because it was happy to sell its identity to get in with the rebranded VFL

If your club had as much pride in its emblem and colours as Eddie did you may not have had to sell your identity.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL