Been liked: 0 time

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:03 pm

:? ?
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby am Bays » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:13 am

I've been reading everyones posts with interests on which club is going to win and which club is going to full into a bucket of nipples and come up sucking their thumbs on this thread and on other similar threads.

FWIW I think there is only one certainty for the finals this year and it is the Dogs, too many classy players, the Gowans doing the hard yards and a professionaly run club by Kris Grant, their only weakness is complaincy.

I believe you can make a case for any of the other eight clubs to make the finals or miss out.

Of the other 8 clubs I believe North, Eagles and to a lesser extent Port have the best chance of making the finals..

North Pros, have recruited well, have a core of young players that have developed together over the past three years, the club is currently unified, well run and working to a plan to insure long-term survival
Cons have they recruited adequately to cover their defensive losses, is Jarman's game plan a GF winning game plan ('you have to entertain me" - sounds like Symo circa 1995-96 at least Jarman has better players (Strooper FFS!!)) and will people behind the scenes start becoming "interested" in how the team is running on the field now that club's future has been secured a la Sturt 1999-2001.

Eagles, Pros, still a good side with talent, have a couple of good recruits.
Cons, mental pressure having "failed" when a premiership that is their for the taking (only get so many chances), the loss of Watts providing the target up forward, a team on the wane??

Port Pros, still have a core of talented players, have got their own back in charge after the Knights disaster, their club culture and number of AFL listed players. (I've learnt never to underestimate those bar5tards)
Cons Jacks gone, Bamford and Brown gone and the biggy: can Timmy Coach?

The rest I believe are all fighting for the one spot or possibly Port's if Timmy is exposed as a coach

In alphabetical order:

Glenelg Pros: The bad eggs and Minibus have gone (Minibus - he was only half a coach) selective recruiting and AFL players coming back (Logan more than makes up for Culpitt or Neely) and McConnell. A proper game plan. A coach with Credibility
Cons depth of players, question marks over the playing groups culture/attitude.

Norwood Pros: A coach who wants to coach, a good midfield (James, Gallagher, Borlace and Culpitt et al (Culpitt can play but I believe Logan is better)), pre-season form demonstrates they are better
Cons Untried coach, long term viability of the club affecting player moral and ability to recruit, can you trust pre-season form

South Pros: Some big name recruits, quality zone
Cons: can the big name recruits produce? pressure within the club to be successfull, player depth after the "guns"

Sturt Pros Still have quality players running around from 2002 (Squire Feast Weathers et al)
Cons a team on the wane (Howman is a big loss).

West: Pros Quality recruits and half of country Victoria :lol: :lol:, new coach - new beginning
Cons Learning everyones name, Can the Weed coach, player depth, Uncle Doug :lol: :lol:

Seriously I see the bottom 6-7 clubs as being capable of fighting it out for finals. Any side could beat their opponents on the day especially if the opposition underestimates the "lower" clubs. It is going to come down to players following their respective coaches game plans, who can manage their list the best with respect to recovery from injuries and prevention of soft-tissue injuries, which club wants to have 21 committed players who want to play hard, tough desperate footy for 20 games?

As supporters we are in for a fun season, guaranteed at times this year we all will be checking the calander to see that we are free on the 2nd Sunday in October and other times we will be thinking WTF how soft was that!! Gee you Central fans must get sick of winning all the time your - season must be so boring :lol: :lol: :D :D

Shoot me down in flames if you want, my comments are based on my perceptions and comprehension of media reports and what is posted here and on footySA. I acknowledge that those people closer to their clubs than I can easily rebut my statements. As I said these are my opinions on how I think the season will pan out. As Peter Senior once said though, "Opinions are like bad smells every ar5eholes got one!!"

Finally FWIW I am very confident Glenelg will not finish last, if they do I will go to Prospect and watch a re-run of the 1987 GF in a Norths guernsey, Wedgie / Punky I'm sure you could accomodate me but I know you wont be needed!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 1845 times

Postby Jimmy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:41 am

tassie, howman is hardly a big loss for us...yes we were excited at his possible return but he never pulled the boots on for us last year in a league game, iirc maybe not even a ressies game?? but matthew smith will be a loss for us....

but i will say howman will be lost by the club as he was a great club person always being around and doing hiis best on the park in the past.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:43 am

two points,

1. I said others would know more about their clubs than I, these are only my opinionss and you are rght Howy didn't play much last year (I think I've made three points :shock: :shock: ).

2. In my one year at Sturt in 1999 as an official I saw how important Howy was to the club and my contact there tell me how great a clubman he is. In short Brett Howman is a great bloke.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby doggies4eva » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey Tassie, I hope that our risk of "complaincy" doesn't make us whinging poms.

I don't think we are complacent either. We have supporters who expect and demand that we stay successful and a stack of players who missed out last year and are due, are up-and coming juniors who want their time, are new recruits or just regular players who want another medal or 10 to add to the collection.
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:16 pm

I think you are the best club and good clubs don't get complacent. Complaincy is the only wasy I see you losing and personally I don't think that will happen......
am Bays
Coach

Postby Claret Pedigree » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:18 pm

Premiers: Bloods

SpoonFeds: Centrals
Hi, gimmie your bike...ty.
Claret Pedigree
Mini-League

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:38 pm

north v centrals grand final with the rooster winning

bays for spoon, no improvement shown thus far

sturt had the right game plan in last weeks trial let glenelg get it out of the centre to half forward and let them turn it over.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12007 times
Been liked: 3667 times

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:57 am

:? Spin The Wheel !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby doggies4eva » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:10 am

Claret Pedigree wrote:Premiers: Bloods

SpoonFeds: Centrals

That will only happen if you read the Premiership table standing on your head :roll:
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:36 pm

:) The Cocks ! We Hope !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:17 pm

:o Who now is favourite for the Flag & Spoon now after R-3 ?
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:29 pm

RoostersRuleTheWorld ! wrote::o Who now is favourite for the Flag & Spoon now after R-3 ?

I can't see a lot changing from last week when (and not that I necessary agree with it but this is what the bookies had).

North and Port equal favs.
West favs for the wooden spoon.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2067 times
Been liked: 3929 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL