Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Booney wrote:You kissed attacked the ball harder, tackled better, read the ball better in defense to intercept, mopped up shitty ball skills of Port and turned them into repeat F50 entries. Smashed us.

Posting from your mobile Boonbag? :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:You kissed attacked the ball harder, tackled better, read the ball better in defense to intercept, mopped up shitty ball skills of Port and turned them into repeat F50 entries. Smashed us.

Posting from your mobile Boonbag? :lol:

Yes indeed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Thiele » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Great win by the boys
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 am

wristwatcher wrote:Geez Port have missed Butch today.

Colquohn has been awful for a guy that has played some OK AFL games. Mitchells disposal is also similar to some of the delivery I got in Div 8 this year :oops: AFL career has to be in a bit of strife, maybe even playing for it next week

Fair chance the in form Centrals will send Port out in straight sets from what I have seen today.

Geese I bloody hope so. Carn Dogs
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 am

spell_check wrote:Well you know if the finals were in its normal spot i.e. 2nd week of AFL finals to the GF the week after the AFL GF, it wouldn't clash with the show, or Fathers Day...

Stop it spelly. Stating the obvious does nothing for the validity or relevance of the excuses due from HQ
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby SANFLnut » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:46 am

Super win. As soon as it got a bit wet and slippery we were so much more dominant. Not sure if that was something that slowed down ports ball speed or just made it a game of want. Great result for us and for the true believers in the comp!
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby stan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 am

SANFLnut wrote:Super win. As soon as it got a bit wet and slippery we were so much more dominant. Not sure if that was something that slowed down ports ball speed or just made it a game of want. Great result for us and for the true believers in the comp!

Because arent that great at the moment. Next week if they bring in Gray, Amon and Butcher they will be better but I expect Centrals to get the jon done next week.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tkr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:54 am

What a fantastic win. It doesn't get any better than that to beat Port especially in a final, okay maybe beating them in a Grand Final!

We were excellent, pressured them, forced them into errors and took advantage of their mistakes. Our defence was again one of our strengths, Harts, Keough, Caire etc stood up the whole game.

Need to play the same desperation footy this week against the Eagles.

Still can't understand why Glenelg sacked Mickan back in the day!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 am

tkr wrote:Still can't understand why Glenelg sacked Mickan back in the day!

You and me both. I hope Gary Metcalf is paying attention.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:32 am

Well done Westies.

As others have mentioned, the crowd looked pretty average on the telly. Unfortunately small crowds at Adelaide Oval, now that its a proper fully-fledged stadium, look no better that they did when they were played at Footy Park. I'm sure the atmosphere at the grounds is no better, either.

Pity they're not being played at local grounds.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:39 am

I don't know who did Port's best in todays 'Tiser, but Colquhoun, Mitchell, Summerton? WT actual F?

Summerton was easily Port's best on a dark day, Sid Masters was as good as any, Clurey played a reasonable game despite being swamped for nearly 3 quarters and Jesse Palmer had a crack.

Mitchell....dear oh dear. His decision making skills are terrible, simply terrible, I can only imagine the standard of the WAFL when he won his Sandover, it must have been average. I wince at seeing him in a Port guernsey. Colquhoun, he tried, he made quite a few mistakes with the ball but tackled and pressured like few others on the day.

Summerton, Masters, Colquhoun, Clurey.

Dishonorable mentions to Paul Stewart who had zero impact on the game at any stage, Jarrad Redden who go monstered by Ryan Willetts....that's embarrassing for anyone, Mason Shaw who really is a head less chook ( and is well below SANFL standard, the current guidelines meaning we have to play him at league level, he isn't up to this level at all ) and Andrew Moore who is a class above SANFL standard but looked like he had no focus for the ball at all. Very disappointed by all of them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby saintal » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 am

Pretty good summary there Booney. Summo again Port's best.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 am

Mate was telling me there was a bit of onfield argy bargy between Moore and Sharrad - Is that right?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:05 am

JK wrote:Mate was telling me there was a bit of onfield argy bargy between Moore and Sharrad - Is that right?

In a word, yes. In reality, no.

Moore looked like he was about to snap at Green (?) in the third quarter and Sharrad just came in and grabbed him, told him to focus as bit and get back on track. It didn't work, Moore was crap after he got poleaxed in the second quarter.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:07 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Mate was telling me there was a bit of onfield argy bargy between Moore and Sharrad - Is that right?

In a word, yes. In reality, no.

Moore looked like he was about to snap at Green (?) in the third quarter and Sharrad just came in and grabbed him, told him to focus as bit and get back on track. It didn't work, Moore was crap after he got poleaxed in the second quarter.

Cheers mate, didn't think it would have been anything OTT .. Sounds like Sharrad goes alright with his hands too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:51 am

Magellan wrote:Well done Westies.

As others have mentioned, the crowd looked pretty average on the telly. Unfortunately small crowds at Adelaide Oval, now that its a proper fully-fledged stadium, look no better that they did when they were played at Footy Park. I'm sure the atmosphere at the grounds is no better, either.

At least you'd be allowed to stand up without security telling you you're only allowed to do so when "cheering a goal, or something like that".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:54 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

At least you'd be allowed to stand up without security telling you you're only allowed to do so when "cheering a goal, or something like that".

Must have been a zero tolerance approach on the weekend. I got told on Saturday "You're yelling too much, pull your head in" :lol:

Excellent crowd control skills.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:03 am

That was my first SANFL experience at AO since the development I thought the atmosphere was worse than at Footy Park

Inside the ground there was much of a muchness, with the hill being so unpopulated everyone was spread out and not much noise from there, the southern end has great acoustics though and created a finals like atmosphere.

The big difference for me was before the game, the train ride was pretty cool with a lot of Dogs fans on the old Gawler line but that's where it ended

I used to love the drive down Margary Grove, then you would see all the bbq and cars set up on Max Basheer, we would set up at 3 Palms Inn by McDonalds and you could feel a real buzz around the ground

That was completely missing at AO

We had a bbq in the car park at the Northern End, I think we were the only ones, no toilet in sight for the kids to go other than in the ground and unless you were prepared no where really close to grab a six pack of your favourite brew.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:04 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Must have been a zero tolerance approach on the weekend. I got told on Saturday "You're yelling too much, pull your head in" :lol:

Excellent crowd control skills.

In the 3rd quarter of the first game at the southern end a Central supporter got told to move his flag from hanging over the fence. Which he did and then he stepped back over the seats to move to another seat. Security grabbed him and chucked him out. A West supporter then went up to security asking why they were chucking him out as he hadn't done anything wrong. They got him in a headlock and chucked him out too. It was ridiculous and over the top. Neither person had done anything wrong. Other supporters in the crowd then went to the Police to complain about the security but I'm not sure much was done.

At another stage during the game security on the boundary line pushed a guy that was half sitting on the fence off the fence. Didn't say anything to him or ask him to move, just pushed him.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:05 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

Really? WTF? I take it Weslo were 'doing' the 'security' yesterday.

I wonder what else falls within the ambit of 'cheering a goal'? I guess on that basis you're not allowed to get up to go for leak until your team scores a major. Perhaps you'd also have to wait for another goal to resume your seat?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL