StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v South Post Game

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm

PhilH wrote:Sunday Mail said 1990

That must be disappointing. I thought there would be a good turn out being as it two No's playing

Good to see/read it was a close tussle.
Serious question to South supporters, how do you think South will cope if Eddy picks up an injury?
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:27 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

That must be disappointing. I thought there would be a good turn out being as it two No's playing

Serious question to South supporters, how do you think South will cope if Eddy picks up an injury?

Yeah wouldn't be great if he went down. Rolfe should return to the seniors either this week or next, Hourigan within the month and Boyd will be back later in the year so support is on the way.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:27 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:With South's win ending a 15-year drought, does anyone know what the new longest current venue losing streak is?

Dont think Port has won at the Parade in 5 or 6 years
I mean amongst current teams.

I'm sure you don't want to know when I tell you it's our current losing streak at Elizabeth (10 matches, the last win was Rd 3 2004) Overall record against Central since that match is 11-19 - 7 wins at Woodville, 2005 and 2006 Anzac Day matches and the two flags
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 181 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

probably not that well...
however we have to handy tall forwards on our bourgeoning injury list in Boyd and Hourigan as well so to say it would stretch is is an understatement. Mind you we had to make 5 changes from last weeks game including 2 debutants, and we got away with a win at Elizabeth. I think if Brooksby went down it would be a bigger blow ,personally.Depth is not something most SANFL clubs have.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Short answer would be that Hourigan (currently out with osteitis pubis) would take the spot. Net effect would most likely be a big loss that may leave us scratching for goals. That said, Wundke leaving and Houigan not playing has allowed Eddy to blossom. His year last year (coming off a broken leg) was dissapointing and very much like Andrew Aingers first year with us.

He runs far harder than Wundke ever did and this aspect of his game makes him a potent forward and gives us at present a far more open forward line.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 743 times
Been liked: 2115 times

Postby RB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 pm

spell_check wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:With South's win ending a 15-year drought, does anyone know what the new longest current venue losing streak is?

Dont think Port has won at the Parade in 5 or 6 years
I mean amongst current teams.

I'm sure you don't want to know when I tell you it's our current losing streak at Elizabeth (10 matches, the last win was Rd 3 2004) Overall rec
ord against Central since that match is 11-19 - 7 wins at Woodville, 2005 and 2006 Anzac Day matches and the two flags
OK - well maybe it'll be eleventh time lucky then.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Centrals looked like they had it won in the second quarter, but for the rest of the game south were the better side. They may well be the real deal this year.

to miss finals now they would probably have to lose 11 of their last 14 i would think.

not out of the realms of possibility for a panther team, but I highly doubt it.

I think everyone would like to see a South Adelaide premiership, if it wasnt their first team that is (or the crows reserves :shock: )
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby rocketeer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:Centrals looked like they had it won in the second quarter, but for the rest of the game south were the better side. They may well be the real deal this year.

to miss finals now they would probably have to lose 11 of their last 14 i would think.

not out of the realms of possibility for a panther team, but I highly doubt it.

I think everyone would like to see a South Adelaide premiership, if it wasnt their first team that is (or the crows reserves :shock: )

Are you saying they'll make the finals with 4 more wins bringing them to 8 wins for the year? I would have thought 10 wins would be around the mark where a team is guaranteed a finals spot.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 pm

I think my maths was a bit off but I think 50% win loss will get you pretty close. it has in the past, though I didnt account that it is now a 10 team comp instead of 9. so yeah i think 10 will certainly get you there. that is still 6 of their remaining 14, which they should do easily given their current form
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Well done, South. Good win for you. Although, we didn't help our cause. Some of our missed scoring opps, through poor decision making or skills execution, would have been deplorable had they not been so comical. It was those things that really upset our momentum and allowed South back into the game in the third. We tried to hang on in the last but the Panthers' confidence saw them charge us down and win with plenty to spare.

Some interesting umpiring decisions that resulted in goals. Josh Glenn, in his worst game for the season so far, being held on the half back line, and Eddy's throw to a team-mate in the scoreboard pocket, both in the final quarter, cost us. But...we should never have been in a position for them too cost us.

I think that's the most and most vocal South supporters I've seen at a Centrals game, ever. Good on you guys for getting out there.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL