Postby harley d » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:47 pm

:lol: His hand.
harley d
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: NAFC injunction on the SANFL re the Power

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:35 am

hondo71 wrote:d4eva if you really want to further research these issues, there's an article on AdelaideNow on 19 July. Admittedly, it's from Port's POV. But I just offer it to you to read. Like anything on this subject, take everything you read with some healthy sceptisicm and open mind because there's probably truth in the arguments from both sides and the answer is somewhere in the middle.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25801651-12428,00.html

If you want to get up to speed on the stadium deal issue, I have posted this link several times because it helps understand why Port and most teams in Melbourne are financially challenged by their stadium deals compared to teams like West Coast and Freo. It's long!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554729&highlight=Stadium+deal

Again, it's written by a Port Adelaide person so you need to take that into account when reading it.

It's interesting stuff when you get into it! I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the SANFL Inc's financial statements but cannot find them anywhere. That would make for interesting reading in light of all the debate recently.

So just for the clarification we are being SANFL biased. WHich is obviously not fair on an SANFL forum from SANFL fans.

So you attach links to an article which is equally as biased. Just its biased towards the AFL to even up the argument. Why am I not surprised. Cos we so very rarely get to hear the oppositions POV. :roll:

Must offer an apology to the NAFC fans Wedgie Drebin etc....some of the claims made towards your club over the last month from so called sanfl fans have been disgraceful.

YOu and your club have mine and Im sure about 90% of all CDFC fans full support.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Re: NAFC injunction on the SANFL re the Power

Postby doggies4eva » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I have only looked closely at the doggies financials for last year and they recorded a modest profit - down significantly from the previous year. This was due to the extra expenditure on facilities as the club has been expending and an increase in taxation of pokie revenue.

I would expect that this dip in profit is a temporary situation and that the expansion of facilities will generate future revenue but the club does mention the need to be prudent due the world economic conditions.
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL