Centrals v Port 19th May 2007 - 10,000 TARGET!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Postby Sojourner » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Central seem to be going from strength to strength in their marketing of the SANFL. I hope that you do get your 10000, you will only need 9998 as you can count on my support! - and I will drag my brother in law along!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby PortAdelaideProud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm

THE CHIEF wrote:The views of PAP are not nessessarily the views of the cheer squad so don't take his views as gospel. PAP.... Please don't post things as though you are the CS spokesman on this site . Too often you post things in that manner.

By all means have your oppinion but please don't make it sound as if your speaking on behalf of everyone.

Since when? I posted that the majority of the Cheer Squad won't be going is because it's fact. Some of them aren't going coz we have a flight to Sydney at 6am the next morning, but the majority aren't going because of all the crap from Central supporters. Last year, we had cans of beer, bottles of coke thrown at us, Centrals supporters coming up trying to pick fights, all the while, we were just trying to cheer our team. I've even been told that in the past, they've had chunks of ice thrown at them, not to mention some feral Central supporter pissed in a beer cup and threw it at the Cheer Squad.

And you wonder why we arent gonna show? :roll:
http://www.PortAdelaideProud.com
The Alberton Crowd. Proud Home of the Port Adelaide Magpies Cheer Squad
PortAdelaideProud
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 pm

I seem to remember the last time Centrals and Port played at Elizabeth the only trouble reported was a few port supporters hanging over the fence trying to hit Centrals players with flagpoles.
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Hmmm...I remember that.

And how come we've not heard these complaints before from Port people?
There were plenty of people from the cheer squad commenting on the fight and the big hit that resulted in it, but none mentioned being harassed by supporters last year.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby doggies4eva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:21 pm

PortAdelaideProud wrote:
THE CHIEF wrote:The views of PAP are not nessessarily the views of the cheer squad so don't take his views as gospel. PAP.... Please don't post things as though you are the CS spokesman on this site . Too often you post things in that manner.

By all means have your oppinion but please don't make it sound as if your speaking on behalf of everyone.

Since when? I posted that the majority of the Cheer Squad won't be going is because it's fact. Some of them aren't going coz we have a flight to Sydney at 6am the next morning, but the majority aren't going because of all the crap from Central supporters. Last year, we had cans of beer, bottles of coke thrown at us, Centrals supporters coming up trying to pick fights, all the while, we were just trying to cheer our team. I've even been told that in the past, they've had chunks of ice thrown at them, not to mention some feral Central supporter pissed in a beer cup and threw it at the Cheer Squad.

Well PAP, what you are reporting is clearly unacceptable behaviour. If you report it to the CDFC management I am sure that they will take steps to ensure that you can view the footy without being harrassed.
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Granty's very receptive to complaints....especially if there's proof.
And he'd definitely rather hear about it from you, than hear about it through a forum.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:I seem to remember the last time Centrals and Port played at Elizabeth the only trouble reported was a few port supporters hanging over the fence trying to hit Centrals players with flagpoles.

Surely the Central players shouldn't be allowed on the field with flagpoles?!?!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Centrals v Port 19th May 2007 - 10,000 TARGET!

Postby zipzap » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:the Home of Football, Hamra Homes Oval Elizabeth.

:lol:
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby doggies4eva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:I seem to remember the last time Centrals and Port played at Elizabeth the only trouble reported was a few port supporters hanging over the fence trying to hit Centrals players with flagpoles.

They need them because they have won a lot of flags :lol:
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:36 pm

doggies4eva wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

They need them because they have won a lot of flags :lol:

I knew I was letting you buggers in on a good opportunity with that one! :D
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby THE CHIEF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:15 pm

PortAdelaideProud wrote:

I guess it depends on which faction you get you information from and I rekon I know which people they are. You also don't need to tell me about incidents that have happened in past years coz I was there and didn't have to rely on stories to build my opinion. As for last year I did express my opinion to Mr Grant but unfortunately got no reply. Having said that there would be plenty of posters on here who would have plenty of tales about us that would be far from complimentay. One only has to go to your own website to find out about that.http://portadelaideproud.com/forum ... opic=315.0.

I for one will not go public rubbishing others fans and tarring them all with the same brush. It's a pet hate of mine and it's been said many times but all clubs have good and bad supporters.

And there is evidence on this very site that you complain about other teams fans when your teams lose. A Power v Collingwood Thread comes to mine. I hope 10 000 can get out to Elizabeth because that would be awesome for football in our league.

Sam , will be good to catch up for a beer when I get up there. That's if your dole payment gets clered that week lol :lol:
THE CHIEF
Rookie

Postby Il Duce » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:38 pm

PortAdelaideProud wrote:

You know i all ever hear out of you and any football game is whinge whinge whinge, i mean just shut it, 1. you dont speak for the rest of us in the cheer squad. 2. only the power fans will be catching the plane the next day and there is only about 40% of us that are power fans and half of yous never shouw anyway. So it will be port cheer squad as normal and at least we will have no of us wearing teal thinking they are same club. Black and white only.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby smac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:49 pm

No wonder none of us ever get on with Port supporters - you can't even get along with yourselves!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:54 pm

THE CHIEF wrote:
Sam , will be good to catch up for a beer when I get up there. That's if your dole payment gets clered that week lol :lol:

:lol: haha, yes deffinatly have to have a beer in Grand Central before the match.
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Been liked: 2 times

Postby THE CHIEF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:
THE CHIEF wrote:

:lol: haha, yes deffinatly have to have a beer in Grand Central before the match.

I'll even let you supply the flares :wink:
THE CHIEF
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:59 pm

THE CHIEF wrote: I for one will not go public rubbishing others fans and tarring them all with the same brush. It's a pet hate of mine and it's been said many times but all clubs have good and bad supporters.

Well said you feral wharfie bum!
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:02 pm

smac wrote:No wonder none of us ever get on with Port supporters - you can't even get along with yourselves!

well some of us insist on calling the power and the magpies the same club well we aren't. also have you thought its just personal diffrences between us.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby smac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Settle down sunshine!

Also, might be a good idea NOT to post your 'hot button' in your signature. Some here might use it against you :shock:
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby THE CHIEF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 pm

WSC you crack me up! :lol: Maybe they wont like us and not let us log on to the power from port or that other one :roll:
THE CHIEF
Rookie

Postby Il Duce » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:36 pm

:-({|= i belive my care factor is non-existent cause those 2 sites are full of shite. we both know were are on the only decent site.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL