Round 7 Eagles v Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 7 Eagles v Glenelg

Postby Hopeful Jelly » Sun May 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Absolute farce by the Bays with the jumper clash and wearing black shorts in an away game. Eagles now wearing white shorts after half time.

SANFL have to work out fixturing during first nations round to ensure teams won't have guernsey clashes, or have rules on the designs, given that clubs know who they are playing well in advance.
Hopeful Jelly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby stampy » Sun May 26, 2024 4:58 pm

great to get the win at pecker park! GO TIGES!!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 338 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby am Bays » Sun May 26, 2024 5:00 pm

Hopeful Jelly wrote:Absolute farce by the Bays with the jumper clash and wearing black shorts in an away game. Eagles now wearing white shorts after half time.

SANFL have to work out fixturing during first nations round to ensure teams won't have guernsey clashes, or have rules on the designs, given that clubs know who they are playing well in advance.
You suggesting your eye sight is more important that honouring our fist nation Australians

That’s a pretty Anglo centric sentiment that reinforces why we have these rounds

Anyway nice win by us
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1841 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun May 26, 2024 5:38 pm

Hopeful Jelly wrote:SANFL have to work out fixturing during first nations round to ensure teams won't have guernsey clashes, or have rules on the designs, given that clubs know who they are playing well in advance.

I have to agree. If the Bays are gonna add more gold to the guernsey, then schedule them to play against a team whose jumper is not predominantly yellow. Or at least enforce the white shorts for the away team.

Regardless, a very good win against a solid team. Did well to get out of the blocks early and well to withstand the Eagles pressure in the second half.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1565 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby dedja » Sun May 26, 2024 6:25 pm

Hopeful Jelly wrote:Absolute farce by the Bays with the jumper clash and wearing black shorts in an away game. Eagles now wearing white shorts after half time.

It’s the Bays fault, then nek minnit, it’s the SANFL’s fault … jeez, make up your mind. :lol:

My bad, I always thought the League signs off on the guernsey and shorts, but WTF would I know. :-??
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 1053 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:41 pm

quote="Hopeful Jelly"]Absolute farce by the Bays with the jumper clash and wearing black shorts in an away game. Eagles now wearing white shorts after half time.

SANFL have to work out fixturing during first nations round to ensure teams won't have guernsey clashes, or have rules on the designs, given that clubs know who they are playing well in advance.[/quote]

Watching on the tele my eyeballs are still adjusting.

200 (3).gif
200 (3).gif (65.61 KiB) Viewed 941 times
[
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 214 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun May 26, 2024 6:46 pm

dedja wrote:

It’s the Bays fault, then nek minnit, it’s the SANFL’s fault … jeez, make up your mind. :lol:

My bad, I always thought the League signs off on the guernsey and shorts, but WTF would I know. :-??

I can think of 3 more farcical things today.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 1229 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby dedja » Sun May 26, 2024 6:52 pm

Tickled pink? #-O
dedja
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun May 26, 2024 6:55 pm

dedja wrote:Tickled pink? #-O

It was next level bias today.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5572 times
Been liked: 5189 times

Postby wedgetail » Sun May 26, 2024 8:04 pm

Thought bays should have won by more. Better system, cleaner ball use and greater intensity around the ball. Having said that, the 2 goals gifted to genelg by our skill errors late in the third quarter cost us dearly. I thought Weckert was excellent today and Moore played a very good game on McBean in his first game against his old club.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby whybother » Sun May 26, 2024 8:20 pm

Dare I say it, but we could learn from soccer. The away team to always wear white, now that the umpys have gone technicolor.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby dedja » Sun May 26, 2024 8:40 pm

What about the Torrens guernsey from the late 70’s to the end, didn’t seem to confuse anyone when they played the Bays all those years. :YMPEACE:
dedja
Coach

Postby stampy » Mon May 27, 2024 11:02 am

whybother wrote:Dare I say it, but we could learn from soccer. The away team to always wear white, now that the umpys have gone technicolor.

WHITE??, yeah nah
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 338 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 11:09 am

stampy wrote:
whybother wrote:Dare I say it, but we could learn from soccer. The away team to always wear white, now that the umpys have gone technicolor.

WHITE??, yeah nah

Daryl Hicks retro round.
dedja
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon May 27, 2024 11:22 am

Good to get some of our pressure orientated defence back after getting shown up against Sturt.

Each week has been an improvement since then.

Good game of footy and you can’t not respect the Eagles footy club for the way they go about it.

And seriously watching live and the replay last night no real issues in picking the teams apart, IMO.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby topshelf » Mon May 27, 2024 11:55 am

Good solid win, I had/have big doubts about this season for us but we are starting to get it together. Norwood and Sturt still clear favourites for mine but we might be able to shake things up if we can keep improving. Wednesday could change things a bit as well for a few sides.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby topshelf » Mon May 27, 2024 11:58 am

Spargo wrote:

One of two ovals in the league that you can guarantee we won't get a fair go at IMO.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Spargo wrote:

Some reinforcement of what is a legal tackle may not go astray this week at South tce.

The HTB decision against Reynolds in the 2nd was the worst, yes he had prior opportunity, yes he was tackled but it is not a legal tackle when it is in the back and pushed them into the ground (see p 14 of this years Law Book)

The other one was Hosie's in the 1st when yes he had prior (tried to evade was balanced and steady) but was was was barely touched/held by the Eagles payer. he certainly wasn't being held when he dropped the footy. Under the definition he was held so you can give the benefit of the doubt to the umpire (I didnt at the time) but gee there's going to be lots of HTBs if that's' the definition of legally holding in a tackle going forward.

Overall it wasn't too bad a display by the men in pink it was good they picked up the off the ball hit on Snook in the 2nd - that is what the far end zone is for.
am Bays
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon May 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Should’ve been a lot further in front at qtr time and probably out of sight at half time such was our dominance in play but we wasted a lot chances. Never felt we ever looked like losing, Bailey & Hosie returning make us a completely different side. Bails’ precision kicking out of the backline was noticeable and Hosie’s the most dangerous & toughest to match up on forward in the comp. He could’ve had 6 or 7 goals yesterday.
Gradually getting back the form that’s needed to stack up when it counts. Allen, Proud, Martini & Snook all very good. Shout out to Will Gould who rucked tirelessly all day against a much bigger opponent. His pressure & second efforts were first class.
What is it with Redden and his need to snipe Snook off the ball? Not the first time this has happened either over the last few years…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5572 times
Been liked: 5189 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 3:09 pm

Matty’s a good lad, all he was doing was giving Redden some dietary advice.
dedja
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL