R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

Postby Panther Pack » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 am

Wedgie wrote:This game deserves a huge crowd but won't get one.

Why do u think that?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 am

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:This game deserves a huge crowd but won't get one.

Why do u think that?

2 of the worst drawing teams. West's home crowds are normally poor and Eagles fans dont tend to travel. Unfortunately cant see them getting the crowd they deserve. West's style of footy should see fans returning in droves
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 am

holden78 wrote:Goldy, Thurlow, Boyd and Thompson out will be very tough to cover against a solid talented Westies side.
Should be an excellent SANFL game from two sides sure to play finals later this season.
Unfortunately Eagles are due for a loss and this one might be the one we had to have, so it's West by 15 points.

There may be a few injuries but it is good seeing a few new faces coming up from the reserves. I feel in past years even with our reserves and 18's being top the flow thru of players has not been as expected. Saying that there have been a few drafted players the last few years.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 575 times
Been liked: 214 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am

goddy11 wrote:
holden78 wrote:Goldy, Thurlow, Boyd and Thompson out will be very tough to cover against a solid talented Westies side.
Should be an excellent SANFL game from two sides sure to play finals later this season.
Unfortunately Eagles are due for a loss and this one might be the one we had to have, so it's West by 15 points.

There may be a few injuries but it is good seeing a few new faces coming up from the reserves. I feel in past years even with our reserves and 18's being top the flow thru of players has not been as expected. Saying that there have been a few drafted players the last few years.

We have a lot of blokes in the twos who are very good ressies players but just cant take the next step. Having said that id like to see Sinor given another crack at it, just churns out 30+ a game in the twos and showed promising signs towards the back end of last year.. Am excited for Rowland getting a crack, well deserved.. Think Goldy will be sorely missed today, hoping his hammy is only this week
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby holden78 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Okay so the Eagles are top of the ladder. In Everyones opinion do you believe they are the best side in the comp? What makes them a good side? How can they improve?

Coach has a lot to do with it, I heard a very impressive interview earlier in the year about how Godden reluctantly changed team tactics to include the press like all other teams.

I'm a massive fan of the press provided you have smart enough players to implement it which so far they are showing they have.

A fan of the press.....;.... really? So you must thrill and quiver to the mini league each match! Did you dislike footy when you were younger and the way it was played in the 80's and 90's? You related to Bassett as well? The Gayfl is a tv sport for commercial exploitation....
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:09 pm

holden78 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Okay so the Eagles are top of the ladder. In Everyones opinion do you believe they are the best side in the comp? What makes them a good side? How can they improve?

Coach has a lot to do with it, I heard a very impressive interview earlier in the year about how Godden reluctantly changed team tactics to include the press like all other teams.

I'm a massive fan of the press provided you have smart enough players to implement it which so far they are showing they have.

A fan of the press.....;.... really? So you must thrill and quiver to the mini league each match! Did you dislike footy when you were younger and the way it was played in the 80's and 90's? You related to Bassett as well? The Gayfl is a tv sport for commercial exploitation....

If you think you can be successful as a team in todays footy without implementing the press then you are deluded.. It may not be the most spectator friendly tactic but without it you simply wont have success as a team.. Defending 1 on 1 over a full season is simply too hard on players bodies.. If you have any doubts, ask the players how they feel..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby holden78 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:21 pm

I agree, but to say your a fan of it says everything about Rodney Ramjizz !
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby Ramrod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:16 pm

God McGregor rates himself doesn't he? Someone get him a looser Guernsey, the little fatty is filling it out too much. And he is proper lazy. Yes he's kicked a couple but he is a proper slut on the field
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Ramrod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:45 pm

5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Mickyj » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Ramrod wrote:5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful

Say what u want Ramrod he plays in the top team that won again today.
And you follow the number 2 team which lost to Centrals that the Eagles beat bye bye for today
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Ramrod wrote:5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful

And you follow the number 2 team which lost to Centrals that the Eagles beat bye bye for today

And your point is?
Let us know when you win a flag
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

And your point is?

Serious?
Have you seen the shit he's been posting?
A more than fair response I'd think.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ramrod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

And your point is?

Serious?
Have you seen the shit he's been posting?
A more than fair response I'd think.

Mcgregor has been nothing more than a passenger the last couple weeks. His team have carried him. Today just confirmed my original thought. He's a sook if things don't go his way.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby RB » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Aren't you a Norwood fan? You seem to watch all the Eagles games.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Postby Ramrod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:52 pm

RB wrote:Aren't you a Norwood fan? You seem to watch all the Eagles games.

It was the only one on TV champ. I suppose being a Woodville supporter a lot of you don't have much money so you can't afford TV's. Is that why you didn't know what was on?
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby holden78 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Eagles certainly missed Goldy, Thurlow, Boyd & Thompson in the last quarter as a serious lack of what league footy
actually requires was there for all to see!
Godden will have all the ammo he needs now to deflate any large heads........
So now for McGregor, I thought he played his role nicely in a tightly foughtout game
but RODNEY RAMJIZZ still not happy??? :((
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Ramrod wrote:God McGregor rates himself doesn't he? Someone get him a looser Guernsey, the little fatty is filling it out too much. And he is proper lazy. Yes he's kicked a couple but he is a proper slut on the field

I thought you were laying off the personal attacks
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby RB » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Ramrod wrote:
RB wrote:Aren't you a Norwood fan? You seem to watch all the Eagles games.

It was the only one on TV champ. I suppose being a Woodville supporter a lot of you don't have much money so you can't afford TV's. Is that why you didn't know what was on?

What, so you're a couch potato as well as a keyboard warrior?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Good win to the Eagles but you have to wonder what if West had kicked straight. 23 shoring shots to 18, you what they say about bad kicking.
Strange qtr by qtr scores, was it windy? We seem to be seeing a lot of that lately

Anyway, well done Eagles, truly the best team in the comp at the moment
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Columbo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:27 pm

17 goal half, 14 to the southern end with no breeze, funny game footy.

As for Lachy, Agree with Holden :shock: , he played his part today, 2.1 should have been 3 but he gave 2 off that if he was selfish he could have had a ping at, to a point he probably became the decoy for Wundke to kick 4, last week it was the same for Ainger to kick 4.
We get that you don't like him ramrod and it would seem for something that probably has nothing to do with what he does on the field, thats fine, it's a free country that we live in but geez for someone who claims he gets too much publicity you love talking about him.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL