Rnd 11: Sturt v Glenelg @ Envestra Park (Sun 16/6)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 11: Sturt v Glenelg @ Envestra Park (Sun 16/6)

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 pm

I expect a 4 page report with footnotes, comprehensive bibliography, diagrams and random colored pictures of Aardvaarks, a most misunderstood animal, which can only benefit from any expsure that goes beyond the first page of the dictionary. To boost your theory that Glenelg will win you could draw a picture of a tigereating an Aardvaark but be prepared for me to refute that claim on the grounds that Aardvaarks and tigers live on different continents and thus one would probably never get eaten by the other.I may also point out that no aardvarks actually play for the Blues but that depends on how good your picture is.
Okay? Now off to work!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm

I assume the tiger will eat him...
Attachments
aardvark.png
aardvark.png (26.6 KiB) Viewed 666 times
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Au contraire, I have the distinct feeling the tiger is annoyed at the aardvark for messing up his collection of stamps, if there was a following panel the aardvark would return the collection in good order with an apology note attached. The tiger would then ponder the path of enlightenment learned from the aardvark and make a living telling his tale to wedding guests whenever he has the chance.
That's justy take on the picture though, others may see it as different.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 pm

No second prizes, fella.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:39 am

Reilly and Kerridge back for the Blues is handy!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby CENTURION » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 am

Footy Smart wrote:Reilly and Kerridge back for the Blues is handy!

In that case, Sturt by 10 goals. At least.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby on the rails » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:07 am

I don't think the Crows are making them available this week? According to media reports and quotes from Sanderson he wants them to "rest" this week and then play the following week against North when the Crows have a bye? Just looking at the possible Sturt line-up for the North game they could have 8-9 Crows AFL players lining up for them - almost enough for the Crows to take them over come the AFL Reserves entering into our comp? If not, Sturt will have to do a bucket load of recruiting next season!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby CENTURION » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am

on the rails wrote:

I don't think the Crows are making them available this week? According to media reports and quotes from Sanderson he wants them to "rest" this week and then play the following week against North when the Crows have a bye? Just looking at the possible Sturt line-up for the North game they could have 8-9 Crows AFL players lining up for them - almost enough for the Crows to take them over come the AFL Reserves entering into our comp? If not, Sturt will have to do a bucket load of recruiting next season!

probably already a done deal.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:14 am

on the rails wrote:

Thought Kerridge was available and Reilly was available next week when Crows have the bye?

Think of the transfer fees Sturt will be owed if the AFL clubs get their own way....... ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 am

heater31 wrote:Thought Kerridge was available and Reilly was available next week when Crows have the bye?

Think of the transfer fees Sturt will be owed if the AFL clubs get their own way....... ;)

Not sure there'll be transfer fees for them to play their own players, if they have reserves teams next year. Yes I understand that they will be "new to the SANFL".
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1841 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 am

am Bays wrote:
heater31 wrote:Thought Kerridge was available and Reilly was available next week when Crows have the bye?

Not sure there'll be transfer fees for them to play their own players, if they have reserves teams next year. Yes I understand that they will be "new to the SANFL".

players are currently registered in the SANFL at other clubs and would be seeking a transfer to the 'new' Team.

Glenelg/Crows paid $20k for McKernan and I think the same will apply for Dowdell to Centrals so South are $40k up on that front.....
heater31

Postby OxCamBlues » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:42 am

CENTURION wrote:
on the rails wrote:

probably already a done deal.

Probably not. It's treatment such as this from the two AFL clubs, where they can virtually pick and choose when to make players available for their aligned SANFL club, that makes the likelihood of not having AFL players next season or the following a really positive thing for Sturt. We are getting games into promising young players, Harms, Calabrese, Crocker, Greenslade, Krause, Page....to name just a few.

I'd play Reilly and Kerridge in the reserves at Prospect next week, particularly if the side performs well against the Bays on Sunday as they did last weekend at Woodville.
OxCamBlues
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby on the rails » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:49 am

OxCamBlues wrote: I'd play Reilly and Kerridge in the reserves at Prospect next week, particularly if the side performs well against the Bays on Sunday as they did last weekend at Woodville.

I don't think you can under the agreement between the AFL clubs and the SANFL. I think the rule is if they drop back from AFL they have to play the next 3 in the League comp from memory?
on the rails
League - Top 5

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:51 am

on the rails wrote:
OxCamBlues wrote: I'd play Reilly and Kerridge in the reserves at Prospect next week, particularly if the side performs well against the Bays on Sunday as they did last weekend at Woodville.

I don't think you can under the agreement between the AFL clubs and the SANFL. I think the rule is if they drop back from AFL they have to play the next 3 in the League comp from memory?

That was my understanding too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 am

on the rails wrote:

Grounds for automatic transfer no questions asked if they don't isn't it?
heater31

Postby OxCamBlues » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

on the rails wrote:

That's my understanding too OTR.

My suggestion still stands!
OxCamBlues
Mini-League

Postby on the rails » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

OxCamBlues wrote:
on the rails wrote:

Be a brave coach who doesn't pick them mind you with so many AFL players coming back and forth, it could be disruptive to a team and to Sturt with so many even more of a task managing it?
on the rails
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 am

heater31 wrote:
on the rails wrote:

Grounds for automatic transfer no questions asked if they don't isn't it?

That's my understanding .. They don't have to play in the league straight away, but almost guaranteed of losing them if they don't.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby phantom57 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:00 pm

One is a 'gun" and the other is an "anchor".......... ;) ;) ;)
phantom57
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lucindale

Postby OxCamBlues » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 pm

on the rails wrote:
OxCamBlues wrote:
on the rails wrote:

Be a brave coach who doesn't pick them mind you with so many AFL players coming back and forth, it could be disruptive to a team and to Sturt with so many even more of a task managing it?

Spot on. Yes, there is a lot of talent amongst the Crows contingent but the task of managing the situation is a challenging one and not as beneficial as many would think. I dare say if you were to ask the coaches at Sturt what one of their biggest challenges is, it would be catering for a group of players that don't train with the club, at times come back with an indifferent attitude, play for themselves and their AFL careers rather than solely for the team etc.

It's a unique situation.
OxCamBlues
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL