Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Sorry, Boak is......I
Boak not even close...

As a complete player? you're right- not even close. Until he walks away with multiple AA selections, multiple B&F's, a couple of flags he can then lay claim. I wont worry about Norm Smiths. Playing your role in a flag gets you a 1/22 shot at that medal (sometimes more considering winners from losing sides).

As an inspirational leader to his group? Extremely close. Since Boak has taken over the captaincy, there have been multiple games where we have been fighting to win from behind, and he just picks his team on his back and drags them to a win (WCE R5 2013, 1st showdown of the same season). Not to mention he is by far our most consistent player in winning sides. Sets a benchmark for his team, demands perfection and craves success. Mirrors everything that Luke Hodge is, as a leader to a group of young men.

I agree with valleys, Boak is just as good a leader as Hodge, and IMO will one day be just as good a player. Right now, Hodge is just ahead but I think Boak's not far behind.
by General Soreness
Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former ruck men coaches

Ron Alexander was the inaugural coach of the West Coast Eagles
by General Soreness
Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The late Mike "Swamp Fox" Patterson coached Richmond in 1984 after back to back premierships with North Adelaide in 1971-72 ( and Champions of Australia)
by General Soreness
Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The late Mike "Swamp Fox" Patterson coached Richmond in 1984 after back to back premierships with North Adelaide in 1971-72 ( and Champions of Australia)
My dad coached Western United in 1953 but they like North never played in the AFL.

Did Western United win the Champions of Australia title? :roll:
by General Soreness
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |