Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Be happy for port to have the same deal as crows in 2015 and lose their home games in their 4th year as a club
by Mark_Beswick
Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Great for SA Footy :)

Now lets hope the other 6 true SANFL clubs can do what north did today - I will be giving them hell when they come to richmond

I cant wait to hear how Sanderson explains how this seconds side has helped the structure of his afl side. Now they truly have a losing culture. At least last year, some of their players would have experienced wins with their sanfl clubs. Great move by an amatuer afl club
by Mark_Beswick
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Disagree - the extra player ALWAYS advantages the clubs with greatest depth. Footy is a warriors game - leave it be
by Mark_Beswick
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 - West Adelaide v Adelaide - POST MATCH

Pathetic effort in terms of attendance from the crows supporters - So much for their guaranteed 4000 supporters! I counted 15 crows supporters - There may have beenone or two more, but if there were, they were well hidden and very quiet.
West Adelaide never looked like losing - I cant recall being to a game where we had 99% of the crowd...

I haven't seen much media this past week, but did the crows promote this game at all like they promised? Especially with their other side having the Bye?

I give credit to the Crows officials and players for coming to the after match presentations.... From their playing group and coaching staff, they must be disappointed too and thinking what a blunder it has been to demand a reserves side when there was nothing wrong with the way things were.

I'm guessing there are a few red faced commissioners too when they start looking closely at the crowd numbers and there is still a large number of supporters boycotting these games. The attendances at Alberton have been well down as well. When Port lose their U16 and U18s and have no academy side by 2016, AND hopefully be forced to pay a yearly fee like the crows as they should be made to, things will become very interesting.
by Mark_Beswick
Sun May 11, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: guess what

I agree - I've heard nothing but positives this year from fans from all clubs - Think for two reasons

1. Positive attacking brand of footy which was refreshing AND
2. Most people don't begrudge teams who have gone so long without ultimate success - South Adelaide I think would have even more support if they are in a position to break their drought.
by Mark_Beswick
Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where are they now? Ex-SANFL players

Finally found the last wafc player 1940 to 2015
All names now fixed and accounted for
by Mark_Beswick
Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NEW SANFL WIN/LOSS STATS

During the week as Official SANFL Historian, I asked the budget to reset Port Adelaide WIN/LOSS records from 2011-2017.

In 2010, The Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to formalise a Reserves team in the SANFL. In doing so, it gave up its share in Football Park, its place on the Football Commission, its Junior Zones and signed up to an agreement with the SANFL under its AFL Parent Licence as the “Powers” seconds side and had agreements to run an Academy Side in the SANFL Reserves competition. The Old Port Adelaide amalgamated its assets (Prince of Wales Hotel) under its “One Club” drive and achieved its aim.
It is therefore time to realise that the stats for this side needed amending on official SANFL records and publications. it was incumbent to make sure that we record our history with accuracy and note that Port Adelaide (Magpies) must be seen as a new SANFL entity since 2011 seeking to win its first Senior Football Premiership.

The revised win / loss stats should be adopted in this weeks Football Budget and wasnt a decision made by the editor or the budget so please don't hassle them.
by Mark_Beswick
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SANFL WIN/LOSS STATS

Ive offered to send Soda's a copy of the official documentation as SANFL historian/statistcian an hour ago. Will be dropping by the telecast team at richmond next time they televise and happily show them in person and seek an on air qualification from the panel of the day
by Mark_Beswick
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |