Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Pfft give it a couple of weeks they'll all come streaming back to win another flag :roll:[/quote

Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.

This happened to us in 2011, went from 2 teams in divvy 5 to having 5 players. :shock:
It took a lot to get a team up and was only done by a lot of loyal supporters, the average age of the
team was 44 if my memory is right. We were lucky and got put in the C1 division, the results were so outstanding
we had to change our margin tickets! When someone got ticket 100 no-one would buy any more, so we had to double
the tickets and halve the price so there was a chance we could sell them all !!! :oops:
Seriously tho this is going to happen more and more as people are finding new things to do with their spare time,
and the kids are not as interested in footy any more as they used to be. We had lost our juniors but have a bit of a resurgence
this year with an U18s and hopefully an U10s. It doesn't help when some clubs have more than 1 team in an age group, due to the drop off.

We have been there and it will be a long way back for these sides that are in trouble but I hope they can get back to their former glory.

Good luck to all this season :D
by panthers
Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no matter where smithees finishes this season what would make me proud more than anything, would be a construction of goal height nets at the southern end of the ground preventing the ball rolling down into shit creek everytime someone kicks a goal :)

Yep must agree Marbles but that's the only training some of our players do !!! ;)
by panthers
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure Webber would've love to kick a 100 it's a great achievement but a flag is what we play for and I'm sure when you win it he won't worry about not getting 100.

I agree with you, if we do win it, but say for example you are playing cricket and comes to the
last game, you need to make 4 runs to average 100 for your career, and the opposition forfeits ??? :lol:
by panthers
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:Not gettin their pays huh? so see ya later nice to know ya services ceased :)

Well Marbles they were offered an increase of 150 % but declined it, wasn't gonna cost the club a lot
the Treasurer told us 150% of nothing is still nothing. And hell I'm not going to check her maths :D
by panthers
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prices and times of grand finals

3 and 4 will be at Thebby

We won't know other grounds until lunch Tuesday. Slim pickings this year.

Because no clubs wanted to be held ransom by the league and pay the $10,000 + they wanted to host a game.

So you would need 100 people paying $100 each to host a grand final ??? :shock:
Or maybe hit up your Sponser ?? :D
by panthers
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Uni for a great game the score did not indicate the pressure you put on us
Look forward to future contests

Cheers
by panthers
Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

His good mates with few lads out there, I'm sure his trained there aswell couple times

Yeah, I know Mike a little bit, he'd be caught between a rock and a hard place, has mates at Smithfield where he played all his juniors and through Elizabeth where he spent a few years and is good mates with Dyl.
At the end of the day, as long as he's having a kick and enjoying himself is what matters.
Yeah that's it its a shame if he leaves cause his a good player but we're gald we have webber back at the same time cause his crucial to our side and hard to stop when his on but we just hope Taylor makes his mind up! Does anyone know if he has signed?

Smithfield Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Pending 2015-02-11

I was talking to the barman at the pub tonight who's sister dates a bloke that has a mate that lives with a mate who's girlfriend said she overheard her best friend saying to her girlfriends Fiance that Mick said he wouldn't get a game so he was gonna go back to Elizabeth.
by panthers
Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Easter to all, enjoy the break and roll on the season
Good Luck to all.
by panthers
Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just to change the subject, pity Life member Lightning wasn't at the club tonight to claim the members draw Cheers mate might be my number drawn next week
by panthers
Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:Suddenly D6 thread has turned into the Hawthorn 80's thread :lol:

Similar standard I guess ;)

Similar hairstyles.

Image from http://207.58.139.142/show_image.php?id=22628&thumb=1.

Obviously not Mil Hanna
it's Q
by panthers
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Hearing Smithfield have offered to match Varcoe's contract to get him over.

Heard mid season Varcoe was coming next year regardless

And must say thanks to PNU for their hospitality, excellent in all ways again.
by panthers
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

They created a new registration in SportingPulse - only adjusted the date of birth, so it could go through.

Definitely the same person, have known he's been playing all year, and I saw him Saturday and spoke to him, and he confirmed it.

No excuses - coach is a former Ingle Farm coach, he knows he would need a clearance and that he last played at Ingle Farm.. A quick search of SportingPulse would've shown it up too.

Ok thanks for that Zartan explains everything, was doing my head in lol :D
by panthers
Mon May 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Smiffies A's and B's at separate grounds next week,what a headache.. To top it off,when our B's finish up at Daly oval we are obviously are gonna head to saint Domenic's oval,say 50 odd vehicles but were the hell is everyone gonna park?
Organise a coach I reckon. Good day can be had by all.
Yeah good call,problem solved. 8)

I know in the season itself, the League have delayed the later game to enable supporters and volunteers to move from game to game.
I remember about three or four years ago, when Smithfield were in C1, we coached out there and stayed for several hours post game. They then did the reverse ar our home game and drank the pop up bar dry.

I remember that day well, pretty sure we demolished all the BBQ too :D
by panthers
Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:Ingle Farm win the flag hahaaaa couldn't win a chook raffle....!!!

Wasn't aware Paul Van Der Har was interested in Ingle Farm :shock: :shock: :shock:
by panthers
Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |