Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

But you don't refute the kicking bit OMM. Seems like this lad is building himself a fair rap sheet. Come on LGIL, I thought they all become wonderful citizens once they spend a bit of time at Bice Oval.

I suppose there's no room left in your shed OMM to try and coax the lad back to Noarlunga. ;)
by Down the Hill
Mon May 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

There has been enough character assassination of a junior here. To clear it up:

* He has not been reported for kicking at any time he has been at CB.
* He was reported in the U/16s a couple of years ago for striking and was given 2 games (missed out on finals).
* Noarlunga refused his clearance and held him up until they were trying to get a player from us, they cleared him in order to secure the other player. If that is sending him packing there was no indication at any point that they were happy for him to leave.
* He has been given a penalty for a stupid act.
* The player he was on was an A-Grade defender, you need an element of asshole about you in order to play that type of position at that level. That does not condone the lads actions, or even suggests that what happened was reason to react, but to try to paint it as a brain-fade where he has just randomly hit a player is just misleading.

I like you LGIL but this post is misleading.

Sent packing was sent packing with no hold up at all. (you may have the wrong lad)

I think you blokes are letting your club allegiances get in the way of the real issue here. The fact is most clubs still have a few idiots who go to far on the footy field. The issue is how the SFL deals with theses types of king hits/coward punches.

A similar incident happened a couple of weeks ago in the C Grade between Cove and Flaggies, where a first year senior player from Cove king hit an opponent from behind, leaving him concussed, the ump saw the incident and gave the lad a red card. This player was also given a 4 match ban, which in my opinion is a seriously soft punishment for such a serious offence.

The SFL is very quick to boast about how serious they take violence in football and the work they do with organisations like the Sammy D foundation, but then surely greater action must be taken when 18-20 year olds are delivering such king hits on the footy field. If they do it once and get a slap on the wrist it's much more likely that they'll do it again.
by leftpeg
Tue May 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

White Line Fever wrote:Divorce.

Sorry to hear that, dude.
by Failed Creation
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Real Estate Agents

How hard is it to update the property on the websites to either under offer or under contract!?!

And I highly doubt you have 5-6 'other' offers and 'this one looks like selling soon.'
Never believe what a real estate agent tells you. As much as you like to trust people, they can and will say virtually anything to get the sale.
Including exaggerating how many 'other offers' there are, if there are 'other offers' at all.
We dealt with numerous agents last year whilst in the market. Barring the agent who sold us our new home, the rest were, let me see.... slimy, dodgy, incompetent, condescending, arrogant, disrespectful, I could go on.
This lot made used car salesmen look like choirboys. It was a real eye opener.

Nb: the agent who sold us our home was Alison Bond from Harris Real Estate. She was fantastic and straight down the line.
(no, she's not a friend I'm doing some PR for).
by Spargo
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

Chicken schnitzel kilpatrick
Red Rooster chips with extra salt
BBQ pork ribs
McDonalds triple cheeseburger
Potato bake

And a shitload of coke.
by Baron Greenback
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Ocean Road

We've just booked our stays, Mt Gambier, Princetown and Anglesea. Now just need to plan a few stops along the way. We travel between 2.5-3 hours each day after Mt Gambier so plenty of time to stop at places along the way.

WLF, yep got a 2012 Subaru Forester with new tyres so should be right for all the road conditions.
by Footy Smart
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

i've never questioned their stupidity... very dumb...

i believe they should spend the rest of there lives behind bars...

my opinion on the death penalty has changed regarding these two over the last year or two..
by woodublieve12
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Footy Chick wrote:
Bully wrote:Yeppoon will cop it direct. Never had a Cat 5 storm in this area ever!

We're expecting a blow by blow account Bully ;)

Thank christ you weren't talking to White Line Fever.
by Booney
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Unbroken...

wow.... Brilliant film.
by woodublieve12
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2015

Hogg Division V - Round 1

Results

Damaged Ink 2025
Evil Penguins 1655

Failed Creation 1879
The Crew 1046

St Brays Saints 2052
The Mine Crafters 1952

True North FC 2093
gfc_firm 1827

BrettRazorbacks 1858
White Line Fever 1662

Leisas Lovelies 2078
Multiple Scoregasms 1984

Team MK 1663
Victorious Secret 1637

twe 1539
iSwiTch 1349

Jimmy Crack Corn 2179
Thiele Crows 1909

Ladder

1 Failed Creation 1 0 1879 1046 179.64 4
2 Damaged Ink 1 0 2025 1655 122.36 4
3 True North FC 1 0 2093 1827 114.56 4
4 Jimmy crack corn 1 0 2179 1909 114.14 4
5 twe 1 0 1539 1349 114.08 4
6 BrettRazorbacks 1 0 1858 1662 111.79 4
7 St Brays Saints 1 0 2052 1952 105.12 4
8 Leisas Lovelies 1 0 2078 1984 104.74 4

9 Team MK 1 0 1663 1637 101.59 4
10 Victorious Secret 0 1 1637 1663 98.44 0
11 Multiple Scorgasms 0 1 1984 2078 95.48 0
12 The Mine Crafters 0 1 1952 2052 95.13 0
13 White Line Fever 0 1 1662 1858 89.45 0
14 iSwiTch 0 1 1349 1539 87.65 0
15 Thiele Crows 0 1 1909 2179 87.61 0
16 gfc_firm 0 1 1827 2093 87.29 0
17 Evil Penguins 0 1 1655 2025 81.73 0
18 TheCrew 0 1 1046 1879 55.67 0

Media Park put in a massive opener as Jimmy cracked corn in round 1 with a more than respectable 2179. It was bad luck too for the Thiele Crows who have started off much better this season in terms of scoring and if Thiele can score 1900 a week in this league he'll be playing finals this year. Other teams to post respectable scores were Mrs REB and Mrs Failed Creation as the ladies both scored over 2000 to get the win. Damaged Ink and the St Bray Saints were two other sides who have struggled in the past but managed to rack up 2000 and an opening round win.

Unlucky teams this week besides Thiele were Multiple Scorgasms with a 1984 which would get the job done most weeks in Divvy V. Young Mine Crafters also score over 1950 but didn't get the choccies. Meanwhile, the wonder elephant somehow managed to jag a win despite scoring only 1539 as IswiTch has yet to get going so far this season. Another team to somehow get four points was Team MK who won their first ever Hogg match at the expense of Victorious Secret who somehow dropped 500 points on last week's score.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My dog died today

Sorry to hear about you loss WLF, it's bloody tough losing one of your family
by Ian
Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate, awful news, I know how much Lily and Diesel mean to you. Really feel for your loss.
by helicopterking
Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to hear WLF :(
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to read that mate
by Brodlach
Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i cried my eyes out when my dog died

they become family members and its like losing a piece of yourself .

Nothing could replace my dog when he passed . Still think of the great memories we had to this day
by Bully
Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terrible news WLF, my thoughts are with you. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's just a dog, they're such an important part of your happiness and wellbeing.

This has actually made me shead a tear. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my Monty boy, he got put down on Halloween last year. I make sure I look through my photos of him at least once a week to keep his memory alive. Him passing hit me the most out of all of our family members, its still an empty feeling. Ollie our new dog is an awesome character but he'll never ever replace Monty in my eyes. The toughest thing I've ever had to do in my life so far was sitting next to him with him laying motionless on the floor in the Vet's room after being put down.

Stay strong mate.
by The Dark Knight
Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

She was fine and just didn't wake up today.
Blood clot in brain.
7 years of amazing memories.
Little Lily the boxer
I want to share her with you http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/26/be8c57977fccab246de8d9c3fa9db418.jpg

I'm having the worst week at work in over a year and I felt crook so I packed up today and said **** it and went and spent the day with my 3 dogs.

I'm really sorry for your loss mate, my dogs are my family. I hope time heals your pain. I will be lost when one of my best mates goes.

RIP Lily
by wristwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that against duck Lily is laying on?

My giant big girl who is a Black Doberman, Labrador, Greyhound ( not exactly sure what as she was the family dog and I inherited her when Dad died In 2013) has the same duck I believe and lays on it the exact same way "my duck"
by wristwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beautiful looking pup mate, sincere condolences, I know how much it hurts
by JK
Tue May 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm really sorry, WLF. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. :(
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 27, 2015 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad news.
I suspect when it's Chas' time, I won't be able to go to work for a week.
He's my best mate. Never argues, always up for a run, does as he's told.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 27, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's amazing how someone else's pet can touch so many people, I'm not much of an animal person due to the fact that my lifestyle doesn't allow me to give them the attention that they'd deserve now that I'm single, I do however know that sick feeling when they've escaped, been stolen or passed away.

I feel for you mate, pets are always there for us, they expect nothing from us in return and are so much less complicated than humans.

I hope you're ok!
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League season 2015-16

First soccer game I've been to...

Stood on the Hill right behind those back of animals.

I've lost my voice from cheeering!!!

Nothing better when they all turned around and we started chanting twoooooooooo oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee (score at time)

However that atmosphere was amazing - obviously will never be matched unless another GF comes along but no more bagging out soccer from my end.

United fan has been born.

Now for some more berocca...

Great stuff WLF (and this is the advantage of holding at least a few games a year at AO)
by bennymacca
Mon May 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

So i have the partners 30th bday coming up on March 24 and will be taking out to tea except she will be just about ready to pop with our first child.

I'm looking for somewhere in city where we can get dressed up to the 9s and have a really nice atmosphere[here fun dinner.

Any ideas??

Jasmins Indian?
by bennymacca
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

did he call them sand baggers in the speech? =))

Said something about us dropping A- graders for the finals

nasty. did he have a crack at the umpires too? :)

To be fair, he spent the whole of the first final not worrying about his own side and yelling things about imaginary permits that had no substance, so it was to be expected. Clutching at straws I guess, which ended up being the start of a pretty horrendous day for them.

OSB are a good bunch with some really down to earth operators. They'll likely find their level and be a better club for the move into the AdFL imo.

It's been a really pleasing year for HDFC. Some of our best club servants like Keetch, Ballatori, Bird, etc. were near on retirement and have earned a long-awaited premiership, the first one the club has seen since 1999. We've got two great coaches in Matty and Hendo who are long-term thinkers and have some great plans for the future for our club.

Well done to Marion for a well deserved A grade flag. In my opinion the most talented and ultimately best side we've seen this year. A great club full of fantastic, welcoming people and another great addition to the league. I can see them quickly moving up the divs and I hope they do.

A fun year of footy. Bring on 2019.
by adr107
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |