Search found 630 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 3

whufc wrote:Mmmmm…game gets tight Brown and Gawn kick tough set shots……Dixon misses the easiest of the 3 shots. Will that be the difference?

Whufchair
by mots02
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Ben Brown has a future in media undoubtedly.

Obviously on radio
by mots02
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Gawn, Oliver, Lever. If you let those 3 blokes win their positions you lose.

Or just kick the goals when the game is on the line…..don’t over think it.

All true, also, not trying to take uncontested chest marks behind the goal line instead of in front. That needs some work at training this week.
by mots02
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by mots02
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Vamos wrote:Relentless

Nice to see families supporting each other at Easter :heart:
by mots02
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania Devils

Wedgie wrote:Good or bad thing for the AFL with the Tasmania Jack Jumpers winning the NBL Championship?

Good thing, will help build state pride and belief that will transfer over to the devils
by mots02
Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

20 mins of listening to BT making up shite to say about weather and keeping the players warm :Hangman:
by mots02
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
locky801 wrote:Hawkings to get a please explain to the AFL for being on his phone during the lightening break :shock:

Surely it's none of the AFLs business?

images (2).jpeg

And apparently Lightning’s poll was an offensive and immature post that we should be better than ?
by mots02
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

Wanker ARC alert
by mots02
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

You’d hate to be playing a drinking game where you had take a drink every time a commentator mentioned that Norwood oval:

- was narrow
- is short
- has a wall
- is historic and unique
- the crowd is on top of the action.

You’d be dead already
by mots02
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

For How much longer does Clarkson avoid scrutiny? Not a lot of tangible improvement to be seen with North.
You are kidding? Hardest draw in the first 5 weeks for a team that finished equal bottom last year.
GWS, Carlton, Brisbane (all predicted as probable top 4), Geelong at Geelong & Freo who should really be 5-0
Imagine if we got WC, Rich (hello Port) to start the year, the Crows or Hawthorn…
It’s all about perspective, we know where we’re at, it’s going to take time.
Scrutiny after 17 games, turn it up.

Well you answered my question… so thanks.

Every draw is hard when you are at the bottom, you are often going to play teams that finished above you last year, I get that.

You have the crows and hawthorn in the next 2 weeks, so that should balance out the tough start a bit then.

I read a lot of comments today asking similar questions, about when the questions can be asked of the Clarkson period, so I asked that question on here.

17 games is too early. Noted.
by mots02
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Isobel Borlase, sister of former Sturt and current Crows youngster James Borlase, & daughter of Aussie netball great Jenny Borlase, was just drafted 20th in the WNBA Draft to the Atlanta Dream.
by mots02
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

For How much longer does Clarkson avoid scrutiny? Not a lot of tangible improvement to be seen with North.
You are kidding? Hardest draw in the first 5 weeks for a team that finished equal bottom last year.
GWS, Carlton, Brisbane (all predicted as probable top 4), Geelong at Geelong & Freo who should really be 5-0
Imagine if we got WC, Rich (hello Port) to start the year, the Crows or Hawthorn…
It’s all about perspective, we know where we’re at, it’s going to take time.
Scrutiny after 17 games, turn it up.

Well you answered my question… so thanks.

Every draw is hard when you are at the bottom, you are often going to play teams that finished above you last year, I get that.

You have the crows and hawthorn in the next 2 weeks, so that should balance out the tough start a bit then.

I read a lot of comments today asking similar questions, about when the questions can be asked of the Clarkson period, so I asked that question on here.

17 games is too early. Noted.

I dare you to ask again next week.

Is it still too early?
by mots02
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

The Blues kicking more goals at Unley Oval.

Permanent perimeter fence to be re-installed.

At last night's City of Unley Council Meeting, Agenda Item 5.1.3 regarding the proposed perimeter fence at Unley Oval was passed with a vote of seven in favour and four against.

We extend our gratitude to those members who took the time to write to councillors and to those who were present at the meeting. The gallery was packed, demonstrating the significance of this issue to our community.

Moving forward, the Council’s administration will be tasked with investigating concept designs and costings for the perimeter fence. We are committed to actively participating in this process with the aim of eventually installing the fence at Unley Oval.

We understand that there are concerns within the community regarding this proposal. We want to reassure everyone that our use of Unley Oval under the terms of our License and Lease will not increase. Additionally, the closure of gates for ticketed Sturt Football Club events is expected to occur approximately 12 times per year.

As we embark on this next stage, we urge all members and supporters to approach discussions with respect for differing viewpoints. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work towards enhancing the facilities at Unley Oval for the benefit of our club and the wider community.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Yours faithfully

Sue Dewing
Chief Executive Officer
by mots02
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt have done remarkably well to thrive under a council that not only has hardly helped them but in some cases has actively worked against their existence.

The fact that they have had to fight to get a fence for so long is unbelievable.

How hard is it for the precious NIMBYs to negotiate a gate to enter the ground for the 97% of the time that it’s actively not used by the club.

Has been costing the club approx $30k pa + all of the volunteer time to erect the fence for home matches.

New benches being installed now, a new larger electronic scoreboard is on the horizon and investment into Urbrae School for a more permanent second training / match venue.

Some good stuff happening.... particularly from where they have come from.
by mots02
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7

Booney wrote:Powell-Pepper, Aliir, Rozee out.

Evans, Clurey, McEntee in.

Adelaide get 4 points next week.

Hopefully we kick more than 4 points next week, but you’re right Port will pound us.
by mots02
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

why do our cousins over the ditch in New Zealand apparently not have drive through bottle shops?

went through one on sunday with a kiwi mate in the car and he commented that he cant get used to using them as they dont exist over there...

WTF?

On that topic I need to know why the genius 'bottle n bird' in Whyalla never franchised and took over the world?!

Drive in, grab a slab and a hot chook and chips or some dimmys whilst your at it! absolute brilliance.
by mots02
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

The sun is certainly shining brightly today and the bird song seems extra melodious.
by mots02
Fri May 03, 2024 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

Sam Draper was right?
by mots02
Sun May 05, 2024 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

BT talking his usual tripe in a desperate attempt to stop people changing the channel.
by mots02
Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo
by mots02
Fri May 10, 2024 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Dick in your arse.

Finally, the review returns!
by mots02
Fri May 10, 2024 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:
mots02 wrote:Good to see all of the port supporter logins on this site still work :heart: :heart:

You guys manage to find a home yet?

Not yet, you guys manage to learn how to spell Adelaide yet?
by mots02
Sat May 11, 2024 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On a side note, its kinda sad that lots of port blokes are seemingly happy to simultaneously bang on about history, one club, bring back the bars, 100 billion premierships, real club etc and then dismiss the lack of outward promotion from their own club for said history, bars, premierships, real club-ness as 'their just our ressies now'.

Even sadder that the apparent soul-less and homeless corporation down the road managed to provide better coverage of their 'ressies'.
by mots02
Tue May 14, 2024 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I’m referring the following posts in the SANFL 2024 thread as they are highly relevant here …

:lol: I find it hilarious the obsession with PAFC from people who don't even support them, hate them even :lol:

Nothing like someone who doesn't give a f*ck telling someone whose connection runs generations deep how we should look at ourselves.

I actually do give a f*ck about the Magpies and SA footy. Lots of people on here do.

I've been very fortunate over the years to work closely with many amazing Port people and have enormous respect for the club and the role it has played in SA footy. Some of the best people I met in footy came from or worked in the port zone, Bob Clayton, David Hutton, Brian Cunningham, Russell and Don McSweeny.

I think its really sad how the Magpies have been relegated by their own club and own people as 'just the ressies'.... but you seem ok with it and think that I'm wrong, I'm ok with that.

I agree 100% with you mots, regardless of what some of the so-called Port diehards say, everyone has a right to comment on the situation and it’s OK to disagree; the last time I looked that was called free speech and one of the reasons this site exists.

It does seem though that some of the Port faithful have completely disowned the Magpies and are fully with the corporate AFL entity that effectively replaced them in 1996. Again, that’s OK, but surprising given that one of them I know was basically in tears (I was there) when we all thought that it was the ‘last’ magpies match at Glenelg Oval a few years ago, IIRC ( happy to be corrected, I easily forget things now). It was a beautiful thing and many of us greatly sympathised.

It is what it is, and we’re at this point now, but it is a bit humorous that there is a suggestion that unless one was born on Alberton Oval 1,000 years ago, then they have no right to say anything and should stay in their lane.

This site revels on the cordial discord between footy diehards (amongst other things), so play on!

Thanks Dedja, I have always seen this site as a place to have the sort of banter you might have over a few beers at the pub with people you know well and with others you don't.

Sometimes serious, but usually pretty low grade stuff, often said just to stir the pot, rarely (if ever) with any malicious intent.
by mots02
Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

dedja wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I've had to log in every time I come on here for months now.

Delete ya cookies man.

This Cookie man?

by mots02
Thu May 16, 2024 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a single post/mention on their facebook page of Saturday's game v North match before, during or after. Doing their best to bury the "Magpies" further.

Bollocks. Pre game information on a Facebook post and a match review on the website.

You're right, there was a promo post for the game, I didn't scroll back far enough. But if you feel that's adequate coverage, well fair enough...

I don't have FB and even if I did I wouldn’t visit other clubs pages I don't support, but out of interest, how much coverage did South's Ressies get?

More than the Maggies get on their club page.

South managed to find time to put up a pre and post game post for their Ressies.

As well as posts for their womens teams, U16 and U18 teams, league and reserves men. You know, one club, promoting the whole club kinda stuff.
by mots02
Tue May 14, 2024 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: I find it hilarious the obsession with PAFC from people who don't even support them, hate them even :lol:

Nothing like someone who doesn't give a f*ck telling someone whose connection runs generations deep how we should look at ourselves.

I actually do give a f*ck about the Magpies and SA footy. Lots of people on here do.

I've been very fortunate over the years to work closely with many amazing Port people and have enormous respect for the club and the role it has played in SA footy. Some of the best people I met in footy came from or worked in the port zone, Bob Clayton, David Hutton, Brian Cunningham, Russell and Don McSweeny.

I think its really sad how the Magpies have been relegated by their own club and own people as 'just the ressies'.... but you seem ok with it and think that I'm wrong, I'm ok with that.
by mots02
Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

dedja wrote:When are we going to have a white, Anglo-Saxon, fat bastard round? X_X

The I resemble Barry Round?

by mots02
Thu May 16, 2024 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Cafè Di Roma last night wrapped up a great round of cuisines!

The Al Pollo with ravioli is simply brilliant, I went the meatballs with fettuccini, it would feed a family.

Both dishes are around $21 each, the garlic bread with cheese added made a great entree.

One of the best value for money vs quality places getting around.

Eyeing off the Greek on Halifax again next

2 reviews back to back!

Man about town!
by mots02
Thu May 16, 2024 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |