Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Clubs in strife

Would hardly say went to town on brahma and kilburn. What was said is you can't always be at the top....someone has to finish bottom and when it's your turn you accept it. Doesn't matter how strong the losses are. Rosie's went through it and no one complained, we went with what we had. Kilburn are now seeing what neglecting juniors do and putting everything into an a grade side only. You can't cry poor when things turn sour! Brahma lodge went with payney and he had a fair following of players....he bought most to the club... And had very good success for 3 or 4 years...did the club think they were all going to stay when he left?? Unfortunately for them they didn't....so now they should go through hard times, not ask to drop down grades. That's my opinion, others will think different and say no point getting flogged but they didn't say we should go up 2 grades cos we are too good. Goes both ways
by Bradman
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

in regards to Central United....as a coach you can put in as many systems, plans as you like, but as they found out only takes 1 person to have it stuffed up. With that comes the club being dragged down with it, been happening for a hundred years. The club is just the name of the people within the club. Only thing you can do is your homework on the character of the person your recruiting. For what its worth when we played CU in round 18 all great blokes who wanted to have a kick. they could have gone silly with nothing to play for and being beaten quite easily on the day but maintained their discipline. STIGMA and Reputation is very hard to get rid. For all those that have been haggling about posting so my avatar comes up.........there you go!!!!!!
by Bradman
Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I went and watched the Spos v Mawson Lakes Game on Saturday

although the game lacked a lot of any type of skill, endeavour of the young lads from the new St Pauls team couldn't be faulted - young enthusiastic and just give it 100%

both teams need to learn very quickly to use the footy better - 1940s kicking ball down the line all game wont help either team going forward

was odd watching from someone who played 13 years at st pauls watching 2 of the same teams running around - like watching a trial game really

I think 95% of the mawson lakes guys would not have a connection to the Old scholars of old so if this continues I think the old breed would be inclined to lean towards the St Pauls side going forward

as a life member, I don't know which one or both im aligned to??
by Bradman
Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |