Search found 57 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2014

Toot, toot.
All aboard
At this rate the Ravens will have to forfeit round 1.
by Red Rocket
Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Looks like the finals venues are all done according to mycricket
A1- Angaston v GV @ Kapunda
Freeling v Kapunda @ Stockwell
A1R - Nuri v Lyndoch @ Sandy Creek
- Mallala v Tanunda @ Eudunda
A2- Centrals v Tanunda @ Nuri
- Sandy Creek v Angaston @ Tanunda
GF venues :
A1- Sandy Creek
A1R - Stockwell
A2 - Kapunda
A3 - Tanunda
A4 - Eudunda
A5 - Greenock
by Red Rocket
Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Hats off to Freeling, best A1 team in the comp by a bit. Will take some stopping over the next year or two.
Enjoy the frothies tonight lads, these things go in cycles so hopefully another side can step up to the plate and challenge them
by Red Rocket
Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Am I the only one who couldnt give 2 hoots if we dont win a game in this joke of a tournament?
Will be back to number 1 in the real stuff by end of year and at that the end of the day thats all that matters
by Red Rocket
Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

why the **** would he leave? he is a local boy. Would be **** act
No a **** act is not playing the kid over other spuds.
Finished 4th in shield player of the year despite missing the last couple. Any other state in the comp would want him.
Are there any truth in the rumours about us getting Cossi back?
by Red Rocket
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

stampy wrote:free kicks 28/27 souths way, tackles 31/48 glenelg, inside 50s 47/44, total disposals 343/224, yes they had a heap more but it might have something to do with their lousy flooding tactics

They flooded and still kicked 17.14??
Hate to see the score if South actually attacked then :?
by Red Rocket
Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

EAD Crows!
Pity Alleway didnt belt atleast one of them though
by Red Rocket
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

Tassie Blues wrote:
dedja wrote:9299 official crowd ... whale oil beef hooked

299 crows supporters I guess like the last 3 week?

They have come in droves to see the comeback of a bloke thats not even that good.
A win last week helped seeing as though the Crows supporters are massive front runners
by Red Rocket
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

Crows have too much class for a very ordinary Dogs side.
Great hit by Gia on Dangerfield
by Red Rocket
Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Todays was the perfect example of what a pathetic club Richmond is, a day to pay honour to a legend of the game and that group of hacks put in that performance. There is a reason most of your players are rejects from other clubs. If I hear one more commentator crap on about Houli's elite foot I will put my foot through the TV, he is an absolute plodder with more turnovers than a bakery, he sums up what is wrong with the club.
Absolute rabble badly in need of a heart
by Red Rocket
Sat May 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course Betts was better in the second half, the Crows were winning easily.
Massive front runner, struggles to get a kick when the game is in the balance
by Red Rocket
Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE Scores - Round 8

Heath and Renouf. The heart bleeds.
Come on North do the comp a favour and take out another few players. tosser. To wish injury to any player describes the type of person you must be.
Im sure most other SANFL followers feel the same.
If thats what it takes to bring these interlopers back to the field than im all for it, the league hasnt got the balls to do anything about it so its our only chance.
by Red Rocket
Sat May 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Fremantle's poor goal kicking keeping the margin much closer than it should be.
Crows really struggle when the saviour Tex cant get a kick, delivery to him has been apalling.
Great to see a good Doggies boy in Spurr towel up Eddie "Frontrunner" Betts
by Red Rocket
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS Country Football

Cant see it working, too many ways around it.
The payment will just get shifted from club to sponsors etc.
There is no way they can stop members of the public going up to players after the game and slipping $500 in their pockets each week.
Ive been involved in clubs in Vic country leagues where it wasnt uncommon for wealthy supporters to slip money to players before and after games.
You also have business owners employing players on decent wages but the players never even attend.
Plenty of legit ways to pay players big $$ and keep the taxman happy
by Red Rocket
Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

Missing half a side and still accounted for the "Shame of South Australia"
Damaging the brand of footy in SA!
Must of been a important game tonight Eddie went missing again, has a habit of putting on the cloak of invisibility for the big games.
500k well spent on the imposter!
Thanks for Gunston too guys lol
by Red Rocket
Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Sounds like Trigg is about to become CEO
Anyone see the irony in that a guy charged with dodgy player contracts is put in charge of the club who invented brown paper bags?
Just think of all the new crooked Visy deals
by Red Rocket
Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Pathetic crowd, better roll out the tarps.
Cant wait to hear all the excuses from the front running Port fans
by Red Rocket
Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

This game is right up there in the running for worst game of the year. The ammount of turnovers and poor skill errors are befitting of where these two are at. Both sides have plenty of $hit trucks running around out there.
Crows currently playing the least crapiest but I cant see any of these two troubling anyone in the finals if they get there.
Great to see Buckley enjoying the same success coaching as he did playing :lol:
by Red Rocket
Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

I would think a challenge to the High Court on the grounds of it being unconstitutional for the reasons of 'double jeopardy' would be a short hearing in Essendon/James Hird/the players favour.

On another note, I'm happy people are standing up to the dictatorship of the AFL for once. Hopefully soon we'll see umpires judged fairly and held accountable, a journalist stick it to Malthouse and Bruce McAvaney told to leave commentating!
No, in this instance they just start again.
I dont think they will start again.
The money spent by ASADA has blown out and the government doesnt have the funds to give ASADA anymore.
I think we will see some political power play with the Libs whacking Labor over the way the whole thing was handled and even a parliamentary enquiry perhaps. Can see the Libs cutting the purse strings and even scaling down ASADA especially after Andruska's debacle today
by Red Rocket
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

Premiership favourites will be lucky to make the 8 now.
Fantastic day with the shame of South Australia being knocked out of the SANFL finals race and now this.
Love seeing this despicable club getting done over.
Where are the Eddie lovers, Pura Milk are looking for a photo of him to stick on their cartons
by Red Rocket
Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

helicopterking wrote:Good Luck to any team outside Victoria this year, your already 20 touches down before you start

The irony of a West Coast Flopper fan complaining about umpiring.
by Red Rocket
Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Makes the league farcical decision earlier in the year look even worse now.
Barossa thrown out of the finals for fielding an extra man yet Nuri get a slap on the wrist and now play in the finals.
Not hard to tell who runs the league
by Red Rocket
Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I cant believe you Port guys are you really that stubborn?
The SANFL clubs are allowing you to play in their comp and these year they are looking at changing a couple of concessions to make the comp even yet you dont want a bar of it. Its this attitude that has the clubs losing patience, at a guess if there isnt changes forthcoming in the next year or two it wouldnt suprise me if the clubs went down the path of evicting you from the comp.
At the end of the day all most supporters want is a fair and even comp where they feel they have a chance of being competitive, at the moment Port has that many leg ups its not funny.
Perhaps excluding AFL reserves sides from finals had some merit after all
by Red Rocket
Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So who is everyone tipping this week?
Have a sneaky feeling that South will continue their Elimination Final hoodoo and go down for the third straight year.
A's : Nuri 11-20
Ressies: South 31-40
SC's : Centrals 1-10
JC's: Willaston 11-20
by Red Rocket
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So everyone is just meant to
Stand around and let a mate get belted 3 on 1. And like anyone knows how long it is to go the game
Wasn't over till the siren was gone.
Bit of a differance between helping out a mate and coming in throwing haymakers.
Would hate to see him miss a final but it ls always the retaliator that gets caught. Hope the South bloke gets a few weeks holiday, pretty low act IMO.
South were an undisciplined rabble and Freeling were very worthy winners, pressure was good all day, not sure if they can match it with the top 2 but if they play with the spirit they did today who knows.
All up a pretty good day of footy, only saw the last 1/4 of the juniors but that was a highly skilled game, both sides had some absolute rippers playong for them. The u17's was a typical cracker between the two Gawler sides who just dont get along, Centrals looked to have it in the bag midway through the final term but South came from almost nowhere to pinch it by a point. Good composure from the young South lad to put through the winner from about 45m out. The ressies well it was fairly ordinary standard wise but a good game none the less, Freeling more than worthy winners.
Guess the A's was the only disappointing game as a neutral, Nuri had a crack for a quarter and a bit but were crushed in the end. Not alot of option for Nuri up forward where as South had the luxury of throwing Lawry forward where he kicked 3 or 4 in the second quarter, Marshall dominated all over the ground and the conditions suited the South running game, very quick and nimble.
Well looks like the cup is heading to Gawler, only hope the weather and games are as good for the remainder of the finals.
Hats off to Angaston who I thought did a fairly good job running the day, oval wasnt in top condition but wasnt bad
by Red Rocket
Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

You effin beauty, eat it Port!!
Wingard couldnt get a kick when he had an opponent this week.
Roughead you absolute champ, saved our arse big time
by Red Rocket
Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

Tippett and Buddy cleared weighted down by the money bags tied around their waists.
Eat a massive bag of dicks you cheating flogs.
Suck $hit Buddy, could of been going for 3 in a row next year you dog.
Port should be worried now, id expect Ryder to get a phone call within the next hour and no doubt the AFL will fund the move
by Red Rocket
Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Time to close the thread, the SANFL has given us the all clear after finalising their review

Hang on a minute, whoa whoa WHOA!

Are you implying a board member, whilst gossiping over a latte, may have given false information?
Or that the original post was bullflop and mostly a troll......
No, my mail is Centurian was on the money.
A major sponsor/board member was being investigated for employing players but due to said employer not being compelled to hand over the books the investigation has ended and Norwood are in the clear.
FWIW I dont have a problem with what Norwood did its been going on for years and I dont think its got anything to do with the SANFL to say who a person can/cant work for. If a employer wants to pay someone that doesnt attend work or does very little hours thats their choice IMO
by Red Rocket
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to laugh at all these calls for Tex to be Captain, would of thought a requirement of the job is to string two words together.
He might be a decent footballer but he aint the sharpest tool in the shed, would love to hear his pressers after the game lol
by Red Rocket
Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Nah I'm not mate, but ask yourself, if something happened to a kid on the field, and the only adults there had no idea what to do in a first aid sense, do you think "it's hard enough as it is to even get them there" would be a valid excuse to that kids parent?

Honestly not having a go at anyone because I appreciate it would be hard, but I really do think we should have at least one person per match with first aid training.
Hey I agree but unfortunately the parents who whinge the most are the ones who do eff all for the clubs. Many parents still think of cricket as a baby sitting service, ive watched my nephew in the past and on occassions there wouldnt be 10 parents between the two sides. Would love more parents to be pro-active and take an interest in their kids sport.
Definately should be someone at each game with a first aid certificate but not sure what the answer is.
by Red Rocket
Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Where are Port finding this money from to run an a academy side and pay coaches?
Surely when times are tough things like academy sides and junkets to Dubai are the first to be cut
by Red Rocket
Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Or you take out the greedy port power and stop handing them money out and there will be a lot of money in sa football
^This
Wouldnt matter how much money Port had they would piss it up against the wall.
Most financially irresponsible club going around.
Why should we change the whole setup of SA footy just to benefit a club probay 60-70% of the state couldnt give a stuff about.
The SANFL has been a great breeding ground for years, sure they can do things better and yes im sure Port can get a bigger slice of the pie from AO but that doesnt mean they have to be erased from the landscape.
When the SANFL is gone who will you blame next, its always someone elses fault
by Red Rocket
Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Geez I'm so glad the BLG directors have their heads screwed on. It's nice down here in the Barossa ;-)
All comps have their issues, the BLG is far from perfect.
You have the Gawler sides with colts sides that have big numbers whilst up the road towns are struggling. Atleast 2 of the clubs pay colts footballers aswell and then they get all the college kids come back finals time. Several games this year the opposition had up to a dozen players sitting out whilst we played a couple short. How many colts flags have been won from outside the Gawler teams in the last 5-6 years?
Seniors not much better, teams with paid B graders and 10-15 spare players each week whilst others have to get colts to come up and play 2 games.
by Red Rocket
Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Tye you deadset spud.

Worst over I've ever seen at any level of cricket dead set spud.

A spud who has just bowled his side to victory
by Red Rocket
Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

38 degrees forecast for the weekend, hopefully weather doesnt stop a potentially good final going ahead, wouldnt mind going and having a look at the game, should be a beauty.
Yesterdays results have closed up the relegation race, GV winning 2 in a row has them right back level. Still think South and Central are the two favourites to go down, big Gawler derby this coming game. Nuri still not safe either from being drawn into the battle. Freeling, Ango and Sandy all safely into finals, Kapunda should do enough to hold onto 4th but a loss to Sandy this week could leave them in danger of missing.
Think most people would be more than happy for either Gawler sides to go down
by Red Rocket
Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never going to please everyone unfortunately.
At least the One Day final will go ahead now.
by Red Rocket
Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a query Days, does last round count as 2 days?
If not I think you would find the Sandy player on 3 and Kurtz 4
by Red Rocket
Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Port supporters, does Butcher get a gig round 1 after today?
LOL, it was a trial game.
He is a deadset spud, can only get a kick in a mickey mouse practice game. Fully expect to him to be back to his rubbish usual form when the real stuff comes around
Hope he does play because it means they are struggling
by Red Rocket
Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angaston v Freeling in the A1 decider... Two best teams all year so a fair result I would think
Yes definately the two best sides all year, I think most people as early as Christmas predicted a 2 horse race.
Got to watch a fair bit of the Freeling game yesterday and they looked a little nervy batting but a few umpiring decisions early looked a bit iffy but thats the way it goes. As good as Freeling are I think Ango's batting just looks too strong so start as favourites for me.
I know its of no consolation to Sandy but I must say they have the best facilities in the comp by a country mile, the curators produced a decent deck and it was great to be able to actually buy a pie and a beer whilst watching the game. I wish other clubs would follow the lead.
Definately will head up to Nuri for a look on one of days and probably Kapunda on the other. Good luck to all sides this week, hoping for 2 days of cracking cricket
by Red Rocket
Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala A1R Premiers
Does that bring u guys up to div 1
No, minor premiers only go up.
Lyndoch will be in A1 next year
Last two minor premiers never ended up as premiers
Much fairer that the minor premier goes up though, Lyndoch finished miles on top and were the best side over the whole year.
Mallala's time will come, obviously came home strong after a slow start to the season. Need to get early wins on the board next season but no reason why you wont be in the mix to go up
by Red Rocket
Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

Here you go gadj

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-is-confident-carlton-will-be-successful-in-2015-saying-hard-to-see-team-lose/story-fni5f5nx-1227271188162
Mick Malthouse is confident Carlton will be successful in 2015, saying hard to see team lose
SAM EDMUND
HERALD SUN
MARCH 20, 2015 1:19PM

MICK Malthouse has claimed he is struggling to find a game Carlton loses this year, with the Blues coach urging his men to play without inhibition.

In an overwhelmingly positive address at today’s season launch, Malthouse demanded his young group show their “X-factor” and take on all-comers.

“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause.

“I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them at think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids’, I love them and I reckon they can get the best out of themselves and we can have a damn good year.

“The most important thing is that you people say that they’ve had a crack at it. That’s fundamental to our growth.”

The Blues made another 12 changes to their squad in the off-season as they sought to fill a vacuum in its emerging player ranks and create a more even list.

Malthouse demanded Carlton’s next generation aim for the sky straight away.

“Most young blokes ... there is an anticipation, a real respect for the competition moreso than their own ability, therefore they tend to sit back and think: ‘The competition is too great, I’ll just blend in’,” he said.

“We want them to say: ‘This is why I’ve been selected and this is the way I’ve got to play’.

“They’re all exciting young kids. Everyone has got an X-factor of some description and those boys have it and what I want to see is them bring that out. Don’t hide it.

“Really be brave, be challenging and go out and show it.”

Malthouse used off-season recruit and third-year defender Kristian Jaksch as an example, revealing he give the former GWS draftee the job of silencing Mitch Clark against Geelong on Sunday.

“I’m not giving anything away. The simple fact is they’ll see it on Sunday afternoon and we want to see how the kid goes, he’s one of our first round pick players,” he said.

“You should have seen the look on (mature defender) Sam Rowe’s face when I mentioned Kristian Jaksch and that’s the sort of pressure we want to establish. Don’t pass out ‘Rowey’, I’ll see you Sunday. But we’re going to give Kristian Jaksch a chance. He has developed.

“You’ve got to have a point of difference. That’s not going to happen overnight in the way we play, but we’re trying to establish an X-factor that every payer can grab hold of and be an important cog in the system.”
by Red Rocket
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

He was far from our worst player, Jasper continues to make pathetic & costly decisions. Tonight we did get exactly what we deserved with poor disposal by senior players at critical moments. Let's wait and see how good your Hawks are in 2015 because they too will get what they deserve...
We got what we deserved today, poor kicking cost us a 100 point win!
by Red Rocket
Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Pretty sad when you have to pray for major injuries to the opposition but thats what it has come down to with this farce of a setup.
Hopefully a few get belted behind play to even things up a bit.
Interest in the SANFL at an all time low, my family wont be renewing memberships this year and I will now attend country footy everyweek instead.
Have also convinced my boss not to sponsor his club anymore and put his money into local sport
by Red Rocket
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 stuff

Coach Bombay wrote:Eddie betts so so so much better than rioli

Massive LOL
One a proven gun in finals and on the big stage and one a flat track bully that goes missing in finals, ill let you guess which one Eddie is
by Red Rocket
Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 stuff

Jack celebrating like he has won a flag but I guess when you are at such a pathetic club a win against Collingwood is as close as he will get
by Red Rocket
Sun May 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Would be a great move by AV, would think they would have to move up a div or 2 atleast before the league would admit them though id imagine, its bad enough Hamley getting flogged each week without adding another side that currently would get towelled up most weeks. With the kids coming through they should be right for a move in the next couple of years
by Red Rocket
Sun May 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

I still find it hilarious that Buckley cried like a baby to get out of Brisbane and then they went to win 3 flags whilst he won SFA and then to top it off he retires and a few years later Collingwood win it. Hopefully his coaching path ends up the same
by Red Rocket
Tue May 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

Was going to tip the Swans by 150 but no Gibbs, Murphy or Judd might bring the margin back under 100
by Red Rocket
Thu May 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

Oh Tex is playing tonight!
Absolutely destroyation, and even funnier knowing their best player is outta there.
Come to the Hawks Patty if you want success.
Might have to grab some popcorn and tune in to 5 double crow tonight, should be a hoot.
Enjoy that drive home from Melbourne :D
by Red Rocket
Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |