Search found 75 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I heard Bill Fuller is heading out to watch the Ram's play and encourage ex-teammate/player who now wears the green white and red.
by stork
Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluedemon wrote:
Smileinram wrote:One good thing bout that flash new scorebored
They be able to count all the goals rams pile on in b grade

what ground is the grand final being held at?

is there a pic of the scoreboard?

Long Plains
by OnSong
Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By looking at sporting pulse,are TW going to be funny buggers again and not name a side in the informer again! and yet the league will still want people to buy it!!lets all not put a side in. :)
by magpieeagle
Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

congrats mallala best team all year. deserved to win. Rimmer would be proud
by Nocyrils
Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Record crowd today eclipsing last year by a bit.
Congrats to all the teams and especially a cheering crowd without any dramas (at least when I left). Well done to Longies - that B grade comeback was gold, 9 goal last quarter!!
An emotional day for the Pies and will be a big night tonight.
by Lame Choice
Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:J Earl BOG. Hard to shake his hand post match with all the media commitments lol: :lol:

Thought Earl, Montgomerie and Clements were stellar today.

Scooter also good in what is probably his last game.
by Lame Choice
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BigV wrote:The Ram train should really just toot through United and pick up the trophey.

Oh my! UN ******* believable!
by Mythical Creature
Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smileinram wrote:One good thing bout that flash new scorebored
They be able to count all the goals rams pile on in b grade

you certainly piled them on in the last quarter :shock:
by SAM GRIBBLES
Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How do lose from 41 points up in a B grade game?
9-1 last quarter. Bizarre.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:How do lose from 41 points up in a B grade game?

You'd have to ask one of the 25 assistant Ram coaches jammed in the coaches box at 3/4 time drinking Johnnies, ably supported by the A Graders singing "Whey hey hey, - Goodbye". :shock:
by Lame Choice
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How do lose from 41 points up in a B grade game?

You'd have to ask one of the 25 assistant Ram coaches jammed in the coaches box at 3/4 time drinking Johnnies, ably supported by the A Graders singing "Whey hey hey, - Goodbye". :shock:

It was pissing me off at 3/4 time when I heard the singing.
Now I think its funny! :lol:
by Mythical Creature
Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And...just looked at the scores 9-0.
Yowser.

To be fair to those boys on the ground, it was an extremely long match with 35 goals kicked between them, so a lot of extra time. The Rams had spent a lot of petrol tickets and Longies were coming home with a slight breeze, maybe 2 goals worth. Once the avalanche started and the crowd got involved it was too much to stop.

The big fella (aka Ronnie Biggs) that kicked 7 was great.

I heard the skipper tell the boys at 3/4 time that it was a 10 goal breeze!
He was wrong. It was only 9 goal wind! :lol:

The crowd was fantastic, best I've ever seen. Not too often you get 6 teams all barracking for you. So to all those that were cheering for us thanks for making that game an awesome experience.

Also, congrats to Mallala. Best side all year, probably deserved it. Sorry I didn't watch any of it. :D
by Mythical Creature
Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to kirk herble on being appointed hamley coach
by norm11
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Congrats to kirk herble on being appointed hamley coach

Kirk Heberle announced as A grade coach for 2014.
Unconfirmed B&F results were
1st C.Taylor
2nd J.Zanandrea
3rd V.Thach
4th N.Flynn
5th D.Ellis
by BOMBERS
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Doing a good job tip toeing around this one as I suspect you can't say any more than you have.

My mail is that there are a series of numb nuts (one or so from each club) that provide 'not so funny' information to a single numb nut, known as the informer. This numb nut changes from year to year. This numb nut then picks the worst or most satirical of the information and puts it in for print.

Who these people are is not really important, rather that the most senior numb nut of all thinks the informant is funny, and keeps paying for/employing the service.
Some of it is funny, some of it not. Some of it is true, some of it isn't. Mind you, if it's in that article, it is often said or discussed amongst people before it hits that page.
by OnSong
Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sam Rowland 9 premierships in a row,who could match that!!! well done to both sam/dawson on a great win
by magpieeagle
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:Grant Russell confirmed as Balaklava Football Club coach for 2014.

background?

Scottish/German grandparents.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't see Kapunda clearing Zanadrea to Wilaston - especially not them, after problems in past.
What good is money to Bombers> Young A grader is far better value.
This rule is only in BLG and has proven to be valuable to some teams, especially in Gawler.
by hotspur
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.
Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.
I wish the BL&G forum discussed the BL&G this much. :(
by Dizzee Rascal
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:How many games did TW win in 2011 ya big spaz?

That was easy. We lost 4 or 5 games by under a goal that year. You blokes copped multiple hammerings this year ya tubby c***
by mighty hounds
Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be more worried about the changes to the points rule for 2014 by the SA FOOTY COMMUNITY BOARD at their next meeting in nov,it will be changed but to what no one is sure!! Maybe a follow up for you onsong.
by magpieeagle
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard this story recently actually:

The Two Wells lads were invited to a barbecue at Bugs' house after the 2013 grand final to drown their sorrows.

The boys were sitting around the fire, tucking into some pork chops and a few CC cans when mighty hounds noticed Bugs' dog walk over and sit nearby, wagging its tail and staring at him.

"Hey Bugs," mighty hounds said, "How does your dog always know when we're having a barbecue?"

"Well mighty hounds..." Bugs replied, "It can see us for a start."
by OnSong
Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, what do we think of the rule about clubs not playing trial matches after the season has started?

There is a huge issue with the overlapping of seasons developing lately.

With the 2014 year expected to start on April 5 and cricket (Stanley comp) to finish March 29, there really is no time for trial matches for anyone who plays summer sport, particularly cricket.

It's getting ridiculous.

Question that this raises for me is - why? What problem has the rule solved? Why was the rule introduced?

I know the APFL has always been anal about clubs playing trials if they have the bye - some BS about reducing crowds at the other games ... blah blah

Its pretty clear that team who have the bye first week get an extra week to prepare for their first game. Given the short time frame between cricket and footy, an extra week during that period, when no players have other sport committments and are able to play an extra trial game for footy is clearly an advantage.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any truth to the rumour of Scott Galbraith to Virginia for $700 and him being their boom recruit?
And Ricky Thomas to Longies for $550?

Both dramatically overpaid IMHO.

Scott Galbraith played at kilburn the last 3 seasons and averaged about 5 kicks in each season.
Ricky Thomas played at Salisbury North and has been living in the shadow of his younger and better brother Daniel Thomas.
Are they overpaid? I'm saying yes, but time will tell.

A bloke from div 3 getting $700? Would wanna be a key position.
by footys the winner
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.

Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.

Brayden Oharas junior (grassroots) club is Meningie, so don't go trying to claim him as your own.
I reckon Gawler Central might have something to say about that!
by RooShootOhh
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The little fella want to go chase money instead of premierships then good luck to him. Hard to turn down any money when your 17 and just out of colts..... Won't improve his footy heading over the bridge that's for sure.
by moses
Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Froffies wins. Not sure how any APFL poster could compete with any of that.

I bet that Froffies has at least 1 more "most constructive player award" than any other poster on here!
by Mythical Creature
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Got 5th best on ground in Under 11s at Elizabeth eagles and was awarded a voucher for a happy meal.
by westy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I won "most attentive at training" in the U11's

Top that!
by Hazbeen
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to stop? Don't need to stop them if the ball cant get there??
Proko will be great for the kick long down the line style that longies play.

Since 2007, the big man has played at West Adelaide, South Gawler, Whyalla, North Clare, Bute and is now looking for a fresh start somewhere. Is he shopping around or do these clubs get rid of him? Seems odd given how much talent the bloke has.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would say the Barossa FC A grade team, for one, would be highly competitive in Div 1 amateurs - is that what you are asking? I'm not suggesting every country team would be, but what I am saying is that Div 1 amateurs is not the "our shit don't stink" standard the city folk seem to think it is.
For you to say that no country teams would be competitve in the A1 is an absolute joke. There are numerous country footy sides that bat past their top 10 players. You don't need 18 stars in your team to be competitive.

As for the 3 sessions a week your questioning...... you said it yourself twice train and one recovery!!! Over the course of the season its three times as many sessions that most country players train.

Remember what my intial post was all about - the fact that more and more gun players don't want to play amateurs!
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Congrats to the Angaston Junior Colts, premiers for 2013.
First junior premiership of any kind in at least 30 years
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fitness test :shock:
My mail is he wasn't right and everyone knew
it but obviously you and the coach.
As for Johncock quality player but surely you would pick your best side.
Are you saying because you had Johncock he was worth two players so
just play a fill in.
17's lost, B grade lost & A's lost.
I think this is a good example of pick your best & fittest side.
GC rolled the dice and lost hope they learn from this.

Easy to take a swipe at a team that lost a GF by 5 pts. Get a life!
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

would all you guys like some cheese with your wine!!!
sharpy is one of the toughest footballers I have played against and top bloke to boot
well done Barossa, cracker game and one these Barossa boys will remember forever
as for Waylon, always goes missing when the heat is on
great outside player, but not in it for the hard balls
and on poor old kingy, just hang em up son!!!! :lol: :lol:
by Toronto
Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)

Seems a much more logical way forward than the one they've taken in the past. Is Zanandrea playing on?? I heard he is sniffing around for $$ with Goodie in the SE.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wangas#4 wrote:
Champ wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:^^^ any names in particular?

If they have come from angle vale , they played div 7 last year. Nothing exciting

Youd hope not otherwise it raises some questions..

And what questions would that be ?

the question being will they play b grade or a grade
by stork
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:You do realise that the best three or four players from the top clubs in those divs are capable of playing a-grade almost anywhere?

I guess that still leaves the question of whether it's those top 3 or not.
by OnSong
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rama_Army09 wrote:joel mont returning home for christmas, will be huge $$$ thrown his way for a season back at his beloved hawks

You people need to stop dreaming of Joel mont,really,building a house in Adelaide,nearly engaged to a local farmers daughter,what else do you want,stop dreaming!!
by magpieeagle
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard some puzzling news last night that the Grand Final will be held at Two Wells in 2014. Woweee.....

What's so puzzling about that swamp.

Guess I should reserve my judgement until the building works are finished, but in its present form the changerooms are a disgrace.

I think you'll find that the place has been knocked down and renovations have commenced. Should be all complete by TW first home game

Really? Thats awesome. Looking forward to checking it out. Must admit the playing surface seemed much better last season.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Wells is a hole. Oh wait, its actually 2 holes! :lol:
by Mythical Creature
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Again, he wouldn't be the first person - players do travel more than an hour to play country footy

I'd be keen to hear how you get to Streaky from Adelaide in an hour or three for that matter.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joel Montgomerie to play for Dallas in the USAFL. Still basing himself in Adelaide though
by OnSong
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Rama_Army09 wrote:
Again, he wouldn't be the first person - players do travel more than an hour to play country footy

I'd be keen to hear how you get to Streaky from Adelaide in an hour or three for that matter.

Think a couple of brothers once invented some thing called a plane?
by Rama_Army09
Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the joker wrote:How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year

Who is she?
by GIDDY UP!
Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year
Who?

I googled him and this came up. This is his highlight reel Ace.

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com.au/2009/09/jamie-solly-port-adelaide-magpiessa.html

I have heard he is pretty handy tho.
Where's the highlights in that reel?

You gotta be good to make that team but whoever was in charge of his draft prospects should be sacked!
by OnSong
Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:
the joker wrote:How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year

Who?

I googled him and this came up. This is his highlight reel Ace.

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com.au/200 ... iessa.html

I have heard he is pretty handy tho.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wasn't implying that either.

I was just saying (for those who've never witnessed Jimboss play) that he's an asset to any given side, despite what that video highlights feel suggests.

You'd hope that was the case, given he's an import. Who are the other three players heading out with him?

I'm not sure who the other 3 are (if I have been told, I've clearly forgotten), but I think there's one A Grader, and I think one, if not two, of the other two are fringe A Graders. Don't quote me on that though, I've been known to cock my information up.

If Solly kicked approximately 60 goals in Div 1 last season, what would that be worth in the APFL? Having never seen a game in this league, I'm unsure of the standard.

The goals are the same, the rules are different and APFL is more physical. From the "highlight clips" the bloke didn't appear to like much contact, granted this was 2009. He might not get the possessions required to kick goals.
by stork
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?
by Woofa
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

blyth to good for us yesterday. we started well but blyth were too good in the last 3 qtrs. disappointing to lose but they were better on the day. minman defeated south comfortably today at brinkworth.

next week is us vs minman in both A and B grade. with our 17 and 14s also playing.
by happyhawk
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers everyone for the detailed analysis of our rumoured recruits. Now I can go to training tonight knowing more about them and that we may have improved on last season! :D

Also hearing whiskers (or whispers) that Whisky to Moonta may not end up happening and he will remain a Pecker. Time will tell.

How did training go MC? Did they live up to the analysis provided?

Even better Jumbo. Had 49 on the track, 27 fresh faces, all between 6'2 and 6'4 and can all run like the wind! ;)
You forgot to mention they are all playing for a beer and Snitzel after the game, nothing else, just want to get back to enjoying footy! ;) :lol:
by RooShootOhh
Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |