Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Dougy takes 8 catches during the game.....gets credited with 2!
by auto
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

I blame Rose Park for the comp in decline, blokes should learn to share some premierships around.
I mean how much would it burn blokes having structured training's during the week and training hard to know these blokes dont even train let alone have a clubrooms to go back too.
There is only so much shade one tree has.

And there it is - the Rose Parks achilles heel. Get in early. Get the tree. Refuse to move. = win.
by auto
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Tony Clifton wrote:Which grounds did Woodville Districts, United Districts and Norwood ANA play out of interest?

Norwood the ikea car park. United was woodville hockey club. Woodville was oval next to Penington primary then woodville hockey club.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
by auto
Tue May 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Arch44 wrote:Ah yep true. Unfortunate.

Htfu arch.
by auto
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

They're probably lucky the ground was very slow and we were playing on our home ground which is pretty big, otherwise would've been 700.

Must of increased the speed of your home ground 400% if its now only rated very slow. I lost 3 fielders there in 2013 the grass was that long.

Sounds like Smithfield Oval in recent years.

Sent from my L440 lenovo ThinkPad using Fingers. Enfields grass is so long it has its own SES rescue team.

by auto
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My club got fined $45 once for something. We put 5 and 10 cent pieces in a huge jar and handed it over.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
by auto
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interested in peoples thoughts..

Was having a chat Sat night about people playing in certain grades, or players who feel they've 'earned' their chance to play lower, also that youth should be promoted where possible so you dont have washed up old blokes holding up the higher grades.

Question is, do you think there comes an age when players should begin moving down grades, or purely when ability stops them from doing so? Is there such thing as players "paying their dues" and earning the right to play in a lower grade? I was generally against it till i played with some mates in lower grades. Tbh i wouldnt have played if the lure of playing with mates wasnt there. I wouldve stayed retired. I was lucky i played at a strong club that didnt need me to play higher which i am eternally grateful for. So for me i dont like to see young guns playing clearly lower than they should but older blokes should be able to play in lower grades dependent on club needs. All comes down to individual club needs not a hard and fast rule.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
by auto
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chance are it's not going ahead anyway, so it may be a moot point..

"Putting the health & safety of all participants, volunteers and the wider community first, and in line with the decisions made for elite cricket, Cricket Australia expects that all Premier and Community Cricket competitions cancel all cricket activity for the remainder of the 2019/20 season from 17 March 2020. "

Over red rover. 'we would have come from fourth and won' is how ill remember this season

by auto
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard theres an indigenous round for all cricket levels.

by auto
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was impressive of units to step up from LO1 to grade 2 this year and looking competitive. Not often a club moves up 3 grades in a season. Having only played against them in the last 2 years you get a sense of a close knit club with a bunch of good blokes.
And while im handing out compliments good job from Enfield to come up to grade 4. Whilst not overly blessed with success Enfield have always stepped up even when needed. Good to see them have success with the amount of teams they have plus juniors and womens. Possible future powerhouse @bedge?

by auto
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grade 4 is looking like Dublin by a fair way with Two Wells and North Pines next in line. Dublin bringing more players into thier A grade will only increase the gap in grade 4.

Trying to find a way that we could beat them come finals time but it looks tough. Wotton made 200+ yesterday.

Have seen some close calls over the years but finally seen an anonymous player hit a big bomb that smashed his wifes cars back window.

by auto
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Is that for something on the pdca facebook page..

Nah on here.

Anyway, shit happens.

How do they know it's you?
Im having shit day at work but this made me laugh cheers LM

by auto
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What went on here?ImageImage

by auto
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vote 1 Bedgie

by auto
Tue May 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

Case in point, relating to you phantom, how would you have rated Enfield in churches v how youd rate it now? I'd say you were an average club in churches but id now rate you post 2015 (or whatever year it was) as the most successful club to come out of churches, and thats based on the off field efforts from yourself and others like you at Enfield. Youve built a strong club albeit not as successful on field as youd like.
Interesting, but also depends on what you class as successful.

The key with Enfield over the years is they've always had a reasonable player base and multiple sides. So when the going got tough and players retired or left, and the club dropped sides, still kept multiple sides going. This I believe is the main reason we have been able to survive whilst other CCCA clubs perhaps did not.

This is why I believe it's potentially dangerous gifting entry to new clubs built up from a group of mate - very rarely is it a sustainable model.. once a few lads leave you're left with half a side - can't downsize, can only disappear.

Build big clubs with multiple sides - even if you cap it at say 4x senior sides per club - and build a strong sustainable competition... or... Run outdoor cricket the same as indoor cricket, let people nominate and enter sides into competitions on a season by season basis and just create fixtures from there.

The suggestion that new arrivals may not feel comfortable in going to a structured club is semi valid. Sometimes you've just got to have a crack, and there are examples of clubs who have accommodated or managed to "integrate" them in well - North Pines, Enfield, Gepps Cross, Woodville, Kilburn - few names that pop into mind.

Perhaps associations - or SACA - should be working closer with clubs in that community to facilitate these new sides into their club, and perhaps some leniency with allowing them to play together until they're comfortable in the club? I remember reading an example of this with the Norwood (i think) Volleyball Club where they took in a side made up of Afghans who played together for a year and in the second year, after they become comfortable in the environment, they would be selected on merit. Perhaps a good process to follow.

by auto
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That is poor at 1 fa, it's a no brainer. Captain's error.
There is also a version of events that PV thought they were chasing a lower target, and passed.. realised after it wasn’t the case and actually was under the target - Eyre Royals claim the win, Vista compromise for a draw, captains agreed.. then PV disputed the result given they had 9 wickets in hand and half the overs remaining haha.

Live scoring helps these problems.

That's why you establish the real target once the first innings is complete. If PV were scoring in the second dig as they approached the target there should be ensuring all is correct.

Once they found out they hadn't won why didn't they go back out to hit the required extra runs. Wouldn't be the first time teams recommenced an innings to complete the game!

In this instance two of the fielding side would've lit their durries and opened their cans as three others dashed for the car to pack a cone so the captain says "ahh, just give two runs to Smith and put them on to Jim's bowling, he bowled crap anyway so an extra 2 aint gonna kill him".

Common sense needs to kick in at this level. Thought Jim bowled alright.

by auto
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We came damn close to an upset win, AV getting the runs with 3 balls to spare. Cracking day for cricket weather wise.
The great man John Richardson leading AV to a heroic victory.

Interesting, was Eyre Royals the only club to use a permit player? Virginia and TW did.

by auto
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had the final zone game for U18s T20 yesterday. Gotta say im a fan of the format. Played 5 games over 3 Sundays (although 1 was a washout). Had 5 teams in our zone comp, Eastern Pk, Angle Vale, Sandy Creek, Angaston and Two Wells. Would be great to see more next year.

by auto
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How have people found the behaviour this year? Had numerous incidents from one guy last round. Have heard of multiple reported incidents from other games this year also. Its just a game haha.

by auto
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank f*** that season is over. Let us never speak of it again.

by auto
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Kensington is clearly his primary club.
Take your woffle elsewhere.

I take it you play for Dublin.

Let me just let you know something. I have played a lot of cricket, and never in my life have i seen a bunch of pretentious, whinging bunch of lads ever.

Angry I guess at losing to a grade 3 side the year before in the final.

They were acting out there like they were playing A grade district cricket. Bagging a bloke for playing at Kensington. Not one player out there for them was better than him, or would last 10 minutes at district level They were at best average in every aspect of the game. Good bowling attack someone said? lol. Yeah they won, but Enfield aint filled with Bradman's either. You are playing PDCA, it is terrible level of cricket especially these days. Stop acting like you are walking on water.

Could not believe the pure arrogance of a team that is let me say it again, average at best I find it ungratifying when people hold back on their true feelings and dont say what they mean

by auto
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can the association take action towards a club/individuals due to crowd behaviour?

I am not sure, I know what they can do though. Reply.

Actually, they must be able to do something about it, they would be people involved with the club, yelling racist abuse from the crowd you would have to be able to penalise that. Even if they didn't pin point the person. Some action could be taken.

All Clubs and Associations are required to endorse the SACA Affiliated Clubs and Associations Affiliate Protection Policy, this outlines codes of behaviour, complaints procedure, responsibilities and more - https://www.saca.com.au/about/saca/-/media/239E4E41015444D980C7797306F5C0B0.ashx
There is also a procedure for submitting a complaint to SACA where you believe escalation is required.

I would suggest having a look at this document as the Association and the club both have a role and responsibility to make sure this policy is enforced. Nerd.

by auto
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see Fitzroy in PDCA.

by auto
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldnt believe the fb post last night, only 12 days to go. In my mind i thought it was still 3,4,5 weeks away. Havent even started my pre season fitness program yet.

Id expect Two Wells to really struggle this year unless something drastic changes in the next few days.

Looks like LO1 will be pretty competitive, cant wait for the weekly podcast once Bedge is up and running again.

Westies over the irish by 8 runs in the D1 Granny.

by auto
Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |