Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Phil Hall back to Central United.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

The argument about not getting promotion is BS. What div you are in is a bit of an illusion, if you are the 49th ranked club you are still the 49th ranked club whether that puts you in Div 5 or 6. And in reality the new Div 6, is really a Div 5.5. Sorry if it hurts your ego.
If Unley continue to have a successful season this season, inform your players, prospective recruits, sponsors and members that you are going to elect to stay in Div 3 in 2015 and that they should just be satisfied that they are the 21st best club in the competition because what div you are in is just an illusion.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

PG - Theres 64 agrade clubs? whats your solution to stack them into equal divisions without hurting too many egos?
Based on being 64 clubs..
Division 2015.JPG

*The top and bottom divisions have the least amount of team movement each season as Div 1 can't have promotion and Div 6 (or 7 at the moment) can't be relegated. These two grades would be impacted the least from a re-structure.

*Maintain the current 2 up & 2 down system for promotion/relegation

In the 12 team divisions:
*Each side is given a seeding from the previous season to help determine the draw.
* Draw is weighted to test the previous seasons better sides, and assist the lower rated sides - in this instance the promoted to div 1 sides would get the assistance, the relegated Div 6 sides would be tested.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

cracka wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
cracka wrote:We have to bite the bullet & drop Rutten & Pods

Is that you Ricciuto? :lol:

Nah, Ricciuto wouldn't be on here, he hates negative people & the negativity you get from forums like this.

It's not negative.. it's "constructive criticism" :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

The lesbian at my work has been saying how her and her GF are planning to have a child.. and in the same breath mentions how she hates kids :?

What is wrong with these people?! Is this some sort of attempt at "sticking it to the man"? "Oh look we may be gay but we can still have kids (even though we hate them)"

I just feel like bitch slapping her
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:A headbutt could kill someone

And if someone headbutted another and killed them i'm sure the ramifications would be incredibly severe.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

hold the **** up....

you don't know who kris kross are?

Mac Daddy?
Daddy Mac?

Im not 40 mate.

How does that work if they have a role call where the last names called out first? They would be so confused...the one thats there will call out, but the one that isnt there would be marked down as present. And vise versa. Their mother really didnt think that one through.
Dude, can't believe you dont know who Kriss Kross are! Should be ashamed lol
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Schapel

Pay attention I've got him HFF
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

morell wrote:Just because you have a boy band hair cut and a $80 singlet doesn't mean you cant be a feral scumbag.

Who the f**k spends $80 on a bloody singlet?! :shock: Too much money lol! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop saying you volunteer your time when you are paid for your time!
Volunteers can be paid in cash, given non-cash benefits or given a combination of both cash and non-cash benefits. These payments are given various descriptions, including honorariums reimbursements (an honorarium can describe:an honorary reward for voluntary services; a fee for professional services voluntarily rendered) and allowances

Where a person’s activities are a pastime or hobby – rather than income producing – money and other benefits received from those activities are not assessable income

A payment that is not assessable to a volunteer will have many of the following characteristics.

The payment is to meet incurred or anticipated expenses.
The payment has no connection to the recipient’s income-producing activities or services.
The payment is not received as remuneration or as a consequence of employment.
The payment is not relied upon or expected by the recipient for day-to-day living.
The payment is not legally required or expected.
There is no obligation on the part of the payer to make the payment.
The payment is a token amount compared to the services provided or expenses incurred by the recipient. Whether the payment is token depends on the full facts surrounding the payment and recipient’s circumstances.

So in short - yes a volunteer can be paid and they still are classed as a volunteer.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But would people many be "volunteering" if there was no money involved? Doubt it.
Probably not as many, i'm sure you would still get some - those who want to stay involved/fit, or kids who do boundary/goals/scoreboard. The money is obviously just an added incentive to get people to put their hand up to help out.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Magpiespower wrote:First image of Superman from Batman v Superman has been released and it's rather touching...

Batman v Superman? Looks like Batman :heart: Superman :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Oh and apparently Fitzroy and Lockleys are only playing for pride for the rest of the season because the top 4 is set - don't worry about the 5th finals spot! :shock:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

How was Breust not holding the ball near goals!?! Gave him what felt like 10 minutes to get it away
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dr Phil wrote:ill have $5 on barclay for the norm smith.

$5 @ $8.50 - $42.50 good luck Dr Phil
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On another note, there really needs to some base level standard and testing of umpires regardless of the level.

One at CU v Lockleus was good, the blonde haired bloke but the other umpire was horrendous! Walked around all day, constantly a long way from the contest, some very unusual or suspect calls and he even had the audacity to over rule the other umpire on a couple of occasions! He was an embarrassment!
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That goes for all clubs as well who have worked hard to change a negative outside perception - Smithfield, Central United, Mitchell Park etc.. how about you front up, play against them and judge them then instead of judging them on a reputation and when you probably haven't seen any of the clubs operate in how ever many seasons.
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the way up?? Does 1 good year really say much for the recent years. NO it doesn't..
When did anyone from Ingle Farm claim we were "on the way up"? We are no different to every other club in every other division just striving to be competitive and push to climb the grades and play at the best level we possibly can as a club. What so now there's some barbs coming back your way, everyone should worry about their own back yards and look forward rather than the past.

Read the post that started all this ya d*ckhead.
Not saying that at all geez how thick are you?! Surprised you can work a computer, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Good work Mal.

I've managed to lose 3.8kg so far since I began trying to lose some more weight.

I have an app on my phone "myfitnesspal" which has a food and exercise diary, i've found it very usefull, you can just scan the barcode of the foods you buy if you can't find it in a search which saves some time and effort.

It also gives you a breakdown of the nutritional information you have consumed, and provides recommedations
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:I adopted a pup from Hangs on Henley Beach Road. Good solid pedigree, as always.

;)

Are you part of that Vietnamese Dogs Appreciation group on FB? :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

SAAFL - Portland v Pt Districts
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Weighed in this morning - 95.0kg exactly - a loss of 5.2kg in bit over 5 weeks.

Nothing fancy, just using MyFitnessPal app on my phone to count my calories and record what i consume in a diary + exercise done, cut back portions and what i'm eating, no alcohol or fast food (very occasionally), mostly fruit, veg, rice etc. and i've been trying to do as much running and cardio as I can at the gym.

I also take a multi-vitamin every morning which helps to make sure i'm getting the right amount of vitamins & iron etc.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Bloody hell nearly made me tear up watching that, it's unbelieveable to be able to have that look inside the club available.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair dinkum the kid cried!?

I see you're targeting a different angle now with your super C grade - protecting the kids. Lol.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a big day down at Ingle Farm this weekend. Triple Header v Rosewater, past players day and premiership renunion for the '84, '89 and '94 premiership sides.

Shane Arnold in the C grade also plays his 200th game for the club, after coming through the junior ranks and being involved at the club for a long time.

The A grade have specially made jumpers to commemorate the premiership sides and the occasion - Green and White vertical striped jumper which will list the 3 premiership sides in each of the stripes. Must say it looks very good, the jumpers will be auctioned off later in the evening after presentation - with 3x premiership sides + current A grade side + plenty of past players, these jumpers will be in hot demand I imagine!

Ingle Farm and Rosewater also compete for the Doggy Cup, Ingle Farm will be VERY keen to try and retain the cup after it being in the safe hands of Rosewater for a very long time! :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosies came to play today! Both grades amazing pressure and intensity, they wanted it more and duly got the reward.

In the B grade the pressure and tackling from Rosewater was incredible, their tackles stuck and they made them count, by a long way the toughest game the Ingle Farm B grade have played in a few years - had a finals like intensity about it. To be honest it was like playing a mirror image of ourselves.. We went to war today with Rosies, and football was the winner .. Look forward to meeting them in the finals, should be a beeeeeeauty..
Incorrect. Rosies were the winners
Yeah that too :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

[Having played U18's and reserves myself every week this year I know it takes a huge toll on the body. Glad I have the whole weekend off to recover for what should be a great finals series.
What till you get to my age.. Playing more than one game a weekend was easy when I was that age, now it takes me a week to recover from a Tuesday night training session! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Arch44 wrote:What about clarifying where the scorers have to sit and who gets to sit under which tree?

:lol: Well I dont care about other clubs and grounds, but when you come visit us at Enfield you sit where I score - my house, my rules 8) :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:West Croydon in a canter tomorrow.

#knowsfootball 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and you're surprised... why ?
I'm learning.

meh. novice.
You know what marbles.. I actually think there is a very tiny bit of logic and sense to what you said, and on a small scale I would agree with part of it.

After such a strong start to the season on the back of a successful year last season, it can be easy to become complacent at this time of the season - especially when you play a month of football against the lower sides. Sitting top of the ladder and winning games (against bottom sides) with ease, players may feel like the challenge isnt there, they may feel like they've reached the peak and the rest is going to just happen, and yes they may lose sight of what they're trying to achieve and how to get there.

It was only this time 2 years ago the club was sitting at the opposite end of the ladder preparing to be relegated with only 4 wins - and they most successful season for some time. I still vividly remember the constant floggings and cricket score margins that occured week in/week out and the rapid downhill spiral through the grades - that should be driving the players to keep pushing forward! Been a good 18 months but need to look long term and keep striving.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Anyone else seen Shutter Island with Leo Dicaprio? I thought that was a great movie!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our division smashes the other divisions on here when it comes to dribble to keep ourselves amused.
There should be a whole different thread to discuss anything crap. (For example; statistics on which way your ground is facing). WOW really amazing stuff there. ;)
Special comments there from B4E whose been MIA for weeks on end :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:you can call bullshit to that

but ive seen it

Perhaps a combination? Some of the people on the segment dont look very comfortable at being confronted.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:so I assume Newmans charity work still makes him a cockhead?

No him being a cockhead makes him a cockhead
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I'll kick 6.2 tomorrow and single handedly return Ingle Farm B grade to the winners list 8)

Should return to the winners list regardless how many you kick. ;)

Well in that case, I wont worry about kicking any goals haha! Now I have a reason when I dont get a kick tomorrow :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and all its trimmings

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I'm on the Tigers < 24 @ 3.60

*yawn*... Easy money..

Must say it was the comments on here that wrote off Richmond of being a chance that made me load up the money on them lol - love an underdog who sticks it up em ;)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and all its trimmings

Ivan Maric from the Tex Walker school of media training?
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Set to buy themselves out of trouble again as well it seems.. Will never learn lol

hardly. From what I hear it is a drive to get the original boys back. Yes they will be on contract and be getting paid but is a far cry from the path that got them in trouble in the 1st place.
Umm hello it's the exact same path, not only is it the same path but it's the same players lol!
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowey wrote:Phantom who would be 3 players in the top 6 sides you would want to contain on match day in this years finals series?

f**k knows, i'll prob be too busy getting drunk telling stories of former heroics on the sidelines with @carey to care :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 6 tipping 2014

Arch44 wrote:Appeal

Ok approved. We will only go with the same old boring A grade tips head to head as usual :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Why when you get to a set of lights to cross (walking), you push the button, then almost everyone who comes along and waits feels compelled to push the button as well - what you think myself or 10 other people haven't already pushed the damn button!?
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site , some I've actually met in person.
8) yeah that's not me :D

In all seriousness though, good luck mate, as someone whose dealt with the same for most my adult life, it's a real prick of a thing but I've always felt it comes in waves and tomorrow may not be as bad as today. You're very fortunate to have a loving and supporting partner who can help you through the bad times.

It's sad but I think mental health is becoming more of a problem these days for people, I put it down to the pressures placed on us through either work, family, the government (taxes, interest rates etc) or even placed on by ourselves (high standards/expectations)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Think there are definitely some who could or should try their hand at grade cricket, especially the younger lads. Look at the likes of Ryan Parker - from ATCO to an A Grade premiership with Pt. Adelaide.

The downside is to be frank, that the the incentive or appeal to play grade cricket isn't there. More money, more time commitment, and if you end up playing C or D grade then you're not playing a better standard anyway and if you are it wouldn't be by much.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:.

I read the post.

I'm guessing it was a drunken post the woke up seen it and deleted?????

Take that to the bank! :lol:

Haha! Yeah real drunk :D :oops:

Didn't come across the way I intended lol, read it today and thought oops that sounds harsh haha!
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

farmers needing motivation?... smithfield 1 win away from div 6
Henley D grade 1 win away from sandbagging into another Grand Final :P

Good on Smithfield, look forward to seeing them go to 6 next year and continue to improve - motivation for Farmers? Not a chance.

We have our own motivational reasons for success, and avoiding a particular club is not one of them.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Games

Good luck to everyone competing it there GRAND FINALS this weekend :lol:
GF.JPG
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a great pic, but geez I can see why people think that :lol:
Q.JPG
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:If you ever change your name, can it be to Chicken Maaaaaaaan?

Cos you're everywhere, you're everywhere.

mmmmmmm cheeeeeeeeekkennnnnn
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles do you really need to turn every discussion into the Super C grade crusade debate?
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |