Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

@Booney having beers at work on a Friday already :evil:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This afternoon is ROYALLY GIVING ME THE SH*TS! Seems to be dragging on FOREVER!! I just want to go home!

Coincidentally the clock has slowed ever since Booney mentioned he was having a BBQ and Beers at work :(
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

Ablett
Prestia
O'Meara or Harbrow
Lynch
Thompson
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - Adelaide v Port Reserves Post Match

If I was forced to play for Happy Valley when I was a Shoe Boy I'd play shit too.
What a load of crap.. they are professionals, this is their career - their job! If they aren't happy playing for side 'B' as opposed to their preferred and original side 'A' then perhaps they need to look at a change of professions! :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

I watched my first junior football game in a long time yesterday, and i've got to say the rules they implement are terrible!

The game was awful to watch and the players themselves looked confused, frustrated and disintereted, the parents also appeared very annoyed and frustrated.

No bumping, no tackling, no smothering, no standing the mark, no stripping the ball.. a kid was even penalised for getting in the way of another kid running :shock:

Not to mention awarding a "mark" if the ball slapped the hand or hit them on the chest by accident. I understand flexibility in interpretation and application of the rule, but a player surely still needs to make a legitimate effort at marking, not just be gifted it.

The zones I had no issue with, thought that was a good rule, but the rest, it was awful! What is this teaching kids about the game!? If you dont have the ball you're effectively out of the game.. geez even netball allows a degree of defensive pressure FFS!
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

The_Informer wrote:you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You have "an end"?! :shock: :?
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Big game this weekend for Ingle Farm 'C' in our 1st triple header of the season vs Mawson Lakes.

Ingle Farm stalwart Brenton 'Gilly' Hurst celebrates his 450th game for the club.

Gilly has acheived most things in football - association medals, best and fairests, swag of retirements.. to reach 450 games is an incredible achievement and display of longevity and durability.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Footy Chick wrote:I pretty much ran that place for quite some time.

Footy Chick wrote:Sweetie, if you don't know who I am then you haven't been around for a while.

Love yourself much? :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

fisho mcspaz wrote:Was having a terrible day and Mr McSpaz bought me flowers. That is the first time he's done that. It made my day. :) :) :)

What's he done wrong? :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

i finally hit the 10kg for my weight loss today... Pretty stoked. Down to 92kg...
Well done and happy birthday! That's a pretty awesome present to get for your birthday :)
cheers mate, umm it's not my birthday.

However it wouldn't be to bad to change my birth date from September 11th... :(
:? I have absolutely no idea how I got that it was your birthday out of that haha!! My brain obviously still sleeping :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I like it!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 IPL Season

bays09 wrote:pollard is a wanker

so glad his sought arent assoicated with south australian cricket anymore

Pity Starc didn't hit him!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Kilburn made this weeks Sportsbeat quiz.

Well I think that's pretty bloody rude
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:Not necessarily.... I know a girl with great set and she is as nerdy as hell

That's hot..
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - live scores, results and chin wagging.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I wonder how the biggest name in AFL will go this week on sat night???

hit a player high in the 1st qtr and cop 4 weeks lol
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When there is only fat free soy milk left in the work fridge on Fridays.
:lol: :lol: That happened here last week! Well should've heard the girls kick up a stink! The girl who sits almost opposite me rung up facilities management and gave them a massive spray.. then went to the next floor and stole their milk :lol: :lol: Serious business!
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate that @Booney is not on the gas right now, like he was last week :twisted:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

westy wrote:In the last 50 year's kadina have won 4 flags. Ardrossan 9, Wallaroo 8, Pasky 6, Bute. 5 and CMS 5. You want us to feel sorry for them. Yet we are the bully because we have been around the mark for the last 4 years.

How many of those flags in the last 10 years westy?
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Good luck @carey! I have faith in you, you can do it! Heck might even find you save money not spending so much time sinking beers :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss me? :D
image.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue May 27, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Footy Chick wrote:Any further personal attacks will result in bans.

Can confirm.. she is a woman of her word :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast 2014

We could well be sitting outright 2nd after this round! OUTRAGEOUS!! :D :D

Could read:
1. Port
2. Gold Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Sydney
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. Fremantle
8. West Coast

Who would've predicted a ladder like that at the start of the season!
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Football Dynasty

For me Port Power of the 50's is up there (see what i did there huh huh :P )

Haha.. na all seriousness, i think Hawthorn for me in the 80's & 90's.. made something like 14 straight finals series? Won flags regularly including night flags, that is truly a sustained period of success
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People/clubs that hold back clearances on players for no reason.
This day and age, everything is a click of a button away, how hard is it just to get it done FFS!!
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:Doubt it

snapchat says different ;) :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Went to watch the Suns play yesterday, and after going to the Port v Hawks game the week before i've got to say how disappointed i was yesterday.

The Crows marketing team, the crowd, everything was just poorer!

Before the game they were trying to encourage the crowd to moo like cows :?
Their supporters (Crows) turn on their own quicker than i can blink! For instance Rory Sloane just chased down i think it was in the 3rd qtr around the 50m line, moments before he was cheered and they loved him, as soon as he was tackled Crows fans abused him lol! I was in tears!

They rarely cheer or make good noise, they just sit their with their stupid little clapper things!

The 19th man gimmick is cringe worthy, even my friends who support Crows were embarrassed by it.

Rant over, wont be going to another Crows fixture!
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

Footballs have already been redeveloped and improved.. they aren't the heavy leather balls that become water logged and feel like a brick they used to be
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey messaged me saying the same.. i suggested we have an important safooty bbq and beers session to supervise these girls work :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

ok cheers man

so in short of the last 10 flags available since 2009 (five division 7s & five division reserve flags)....

7 out of the 10 premierships available have been taken home by C-Grade & D-Grade teams

in what is supposed to be a A-Grader division, only 2 agrade sides have taken home a flag (Ingle Farm & Mitchell Parks) since 2009
That's really not supporting your case that the C/D grade sides get flogged every 2nd week by paid players :?
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Not sure what any of this has to do with div 4 football..
footy chick.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would Triggy like a tissue???

http://m.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/adelaide-crows-take-issue-with-negativity-towards-the-club-in-media-and-from-fans/story-e6frf56c-1226948597676

:? Geez they cop a little bit of negativity this season... try being in Port Adelaides shoes the past 6-7 years :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: mid season all australian

Does anyone think Matt Lobbe could be the AA ruckman this year? He has been fantastic I think, and is such an important part of Pt Adelaides success.
Although other ruckmen may have more hitouts I doubt any others apply the same amount of defensive pressure around the ground, and Lobbe appears to collect his share of disposals and can occasionally snag a sausage roll
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:is Plympton the first team this year to fail at kicking 40 plus goals on Kilburn ???

Salisbury didn't kick 40 goals on Kilburn either :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:Not even one GF appearance to show for the dominance.

Think you're forgetting they were robbed... right in front of this poor bloke! RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1xwu5h10Q
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soccer World Cup has started and suddenly everyone is a fanatic and expert on the world game :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond - Still crap?

woodublieve12 wrote:Apparently Richmond offered the swans Delidio, Vickery and someone else (name escapes me at the moment) for Tom Mitchell... Offer was obviously declined...

Tom Mitchell would want to rediscover last seasons form in the second half of the year or they may take that trade 2nd time around :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Breakfast tomorrow will be

Bacon
Egg
Pork sausages
Mushroom
Tomotos
Baked beans
Spaghetti

And will then be followed up by Chilean hotdogs known as 'completos' (they are amazing)

Thanks for the invite :lol:
mmmmm.JPG
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA 2013/14

SPURS 77-58 3/4 time.. 1 quarter from a championship!!

Patty Mills, take a bow! 17 points and on fire shooting 5-8 for 3's in his 13min game time!

COME OOOOON!!!
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Booney wrote:BT....says....."The umpire called play on, not 15, how does he know when the player hasn't marked it yet?"

Congratulations, you are officially the only person in Australia that listens to anything that comes out that morons mouth :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fisho mcspaz wrote:When blokes actually say what's on their minds after about 6 years of 'I'm fine, don't worry.' Keep talking! Talking is fantastic!

There are PLENTY of women who do the same thing
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

I think players should only be allowed to be cleared once in a season.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm with PG, there could some huge upsets tomorrow, like Angle Vale beating Rosewater and Mitchell Park beating Mawson Lakes. =)) =))
Never say never... ;)

In other news, rumour has it a couple of former players from Central United may be returning.. Massive inclusions if true and will help their push for the 5.

Units to beat West Croydon tomorrow...
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Farmers by about 120 pts over fitzroy.
Just as well they put the clamps on Lynch and kept him to 12 goals or it could have got ugly.
:lol: LOL bloke in the B grade didn't rate Lynch, said they (Fitzroy) weren't worried about him and have a plan to deal with him haha!! Didn't work lol..

Same bloke also slagging in the B grade start of the last quarter saying it was a win for 'Roys if we didn't win by 20 and basically we were very average.. 12 goal last quarter to nothing, think he spoke too soon lol :lol:

We were very poor in the B grade for half a game and beat them by 20 goals, pity we didn't play 4 good quarters!
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide loses Australia Day match

whufc wrote:Will we get a sell out day 1 for the test against the Indians

*insert racist joke about taxi drivers getting day off work here*
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:I reckon he'd make an awesome coach someday.

Ah you're a good lad B4E :lol:

Unfortunately given you have managed to get 27 tips right this season out of a possible 50 so I have to doubt your knowledge and judgement :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Disappointing crowd on the weekend, good time slot, great venue, team is top of the ladder.....what is the excuse now?
:roll: This old chest nut again..

I reckon 34k is a pretty good crowd, contrary to popular belief i dont think Sat arvo is a great time slot given it clashes with community footy.

Seems every week someone is looking for a reason to put the Power under some scrutiny..
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Nothing wrong with it, I just couldn't believe it was blowing a gale and freezing and she was wearing what she was! :lol:

Definitely didnt stop me from having a sneaky look - how else you think I know what undies she was wearing :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

# a runner up in this years grand finals will not be able to be promoted, and the premier will be gifted a chance in the higher div
You're cooked. Clubs bust their arses the whole year around to try and get promoted - especially the clubs in the lower divs - now for the sake of your pure A grade divisions only you want to deny clubs that opportunity?!

Here's an idea - if you dont want to play vs A grade teams, how about you just nominate a C grade to sand bag in C4 and dont bother entering sides in D7 or 8 because at the moment you are the ONLY person who is pushing this, even other members at Henley appear not to agree.

You my friend are the minority, so either pull into line of f**k off! :twisted:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |