Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Man i'm so sick of reading this crap about Smithfield already! Just going around in circles.. what's done is done FFS - whether harshly dealt with or not, nothing is going to change what has happened so to those at Smithfield stop your sooking and put your energy into doing what you need to be admitted next season, and everyone else stop adding oxygen to it by arguing already! :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Footy Chick wrote:Shirley you can't be serious?

I am serious, and my names not Shirley 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sachin Tendulkar announces Test retirement

It's a sad moment to think that after all these years, wont get the opportunity to watch him bat in matches again.. suddenly i feel so much older - how long until i'm telling young whipper snappers "back in my day.. Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting.." :(
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I hate this new safooty layout!!
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dee man wrote:on a side note Smithfield had the chance to appoint him last season but past up...............................

Probably worked out better for him in hindsight - no offence Smithfield - but if they had the same dramas with him at the helm probably would've ended his coaching career before it started
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Adelaide is a state that i dont think people can fully appreciate until they go else where.

It may be a bit boring and not have the amusement parks or events other big states do, but i wouldn't live anywhere else!

Reasonably quiet, scenic, good foods/wine, everything is close, no major traffic issues, easy to navigate city layout, still holds major events, affordable living.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I would love to see some football resumes from a lot of posters not only these 2.
Here's my résumé.
2× Premiership
2× Mail Medal
5× Most Valuable Player Award
7× Team Of The Year
5× Best & Fairest
3× Leading Goal Kicker
1x Best Team Man
1x Most Constructive Player Award
1x Most Improved Player Award
I wouldn't be able to count my individual awards - i just "group" them eg. 1x box of B&F's, 2x boxs of Premierships :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield WA v SA - Nov 6-9

Should've just persevered with George
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Mawsons have some fair in's

S. Holland
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Get ready for the hormones and the emotional roller coaster you have to deal with.. then when the baby is born they wont even remember :shock:

In the later months keep a toilet as close by as possibly - geez maybe even go out and buy a potty! :lol:

When the baby is born, encourage and stay positive especially if things like breast feeding are taking a while to come in, PND is a big thing and not enjoyable - for either party.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Yes young coaches can be successfull, age shouldn't be a factor or barrier if the person is capable of doing the job.
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Browny25 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Dumbest suggestion I have heard this year...

Why?

maybe if Lodge listened to more suggestions they may not be in this situation ;)

Hero

Dumbest reply i have heard this year...
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Footy Chick wrote:ok people, that's your fishing expedition over for today. give it a rest,

Especially from those who are potentially in the same position.

aww cant have anyone picking on you poor wittle bear :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

but rose park have a full head of steam and will be very hard to beat.
BALDO :)
Agreed, Rose Park look to be firing at the right time of the season - coincidentally since they got rid of that bald spud Hobbs!

With Clarke and Parrish leading the way and having someone like Hendo in the wings, their front line bowling attack is as good as if not better than the rest.

Wehrmann gets away and well we have all heard the reports from Saturdays hitting master class!

Rose Park clear cut favs to go 3 in a row for my mind..
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

*bump* so i dont have to keep searching for it :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GONG or Wronggggggg

whufc wrote:Once he lost his pace the bang it hard attack just doesn't cut it

Coincidentally lost his pace when he lost his balls in the mrs handbag and swapped beer for bananas! :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Smith retires

Jim05 wrote:Lets hope Mitch sends him off with another broken f**king finger.

Edited for accuracy
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bills, bills bills... pay one and another one comes, pay that and two more come!!! :evil:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I know for a fact that Kilburn has worked EXTREMELY hard over the past few years trying to establish juniors. It's not easy though, a 100 kids don't just drop out of the sky, and it's more difficult to keep them especially when numbers are down.

Constant struggle in the area - low socio-economic area and high cultural diversity are two of the biggest challenges.

The issues facing the club extend beyond senior football, look at cricket - from A1 and going well a few years back to almost extinction and back to B2 - but they wont quit and give up.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe half the rubbish I read on here..

Most of you don't have any idea about the workings of the club or challenges, but you want to get on here and kick a club while it's down, and run around like you're the ethical police of high morality!

Kilburn is one of the few clubs that has openly admitted to paying its players in the past while every club acts like little innocent parties and pretends they dont. Suddenly Kilburn are in a tough situation and everyone puts the knives in and blames them "buying success".

Players move around different clubs each year for money, loyalty is out the window, it's the beast we have created in this day and age. Constantly people talk about the money that gets thrown around at country clubs for players, why don't you get on your high horse and whinge about that.

Kilburn is a proud club that is rich in history that has over the years brought plenty to amatuer football, been around a long time, created great rivalries and produced some LOYAL champions - people should be hoping they can sort their stuff out and continue on instead of putting the cheap boots in and making the situation more difficult than it is.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I'm a Lyon fan, but the problem with him is he is a one trick pony - no variations not even in pace, just a constant hit the spot finger spinner.

Get me in the side i'll turn em square :P
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Arch44 wrote:Yep agree with that, although I like the idea of celebrating a flag on Saturday night instead of a Sunday Night.

Public Holiday this Monday.. :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Is it true that Greg Phillips left Kilburns because of the B Grade Coach?? :shock:

Seems legit.. It's plausible.. Do they have a B grade coach though?! :? :shock:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:ya have a tough weekend there phantom? :D

I'm sick.. been sick all weekend, you know how tough man flu is! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Nek Minnut, Brahma Lodge in Div 8R :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

Over 2.6: Putland to Cowan, no run, OUT, there's the early breakthrough for SA, nips back in a touch, through the gate and hits the top of off. TAS 1/6 (Cowan 1, Cosgrove 5
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone is carrying on about BL sucking it up and dealing with it.. i was under the impression that all BL were doing was activating the clause that allows them to elect not to go up a grade? No different to any of the div 7 sides that have done the same in recent seasons, or sides who have been fortunate enough to stay up as a result. The rule is there, they aren't doing anything wrong.. play on and welcome back Mitcham..
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone care to have a crack at a ladder?

1. Rosewater
2. Fitzroy
3. Mawson Lakes
4. West Croydon
5. Blackfriars
6. Lockleys
7. Ingle Farm
8. Central United
9. Angle Vale
10. Mitchell Park
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Who cares if they deliberately kick long down the line to the boundary. I only have a concern if they are close to the line and deliberately take it out to consume time.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or you can try and build sustainable growth not based on attracting players from other clubs, but by building a successful junior football program and gaining an influx of 0 point players every year.

What the system does is prevent clubs moving through the divisions unsustainably and relying solely upon the recruitment of new players every year.

For lack of a better word, it rewards clubs who give something back to the game.
All well and good proving as an incentive for clubs to build sustainable growth and increase a focus around junior programs, but you've got to have the infrastructure and support around and within the club first before you can do that, also it take a long time to get a strong program operating properly - kids dont just drop out the sky, neither do volunteers.

Seeing more clubs dropping away rapidly with numbers, which is ultimately hurting the competition and other clubs but most of all hurting their own clubs and chance of development and success.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Footy Chick wrote:Let the mass debate* begin 8)

aaaaand i'm done.. 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Discussion

Everything about Fantasy so far has been very ordinary - from the app to the website to trades and pricing etc
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:What I meant is that you hope that the consistency of big numbers at training are still there in the middle of the year where many clubs training numbers start to decline ( due to injuries, too cold, work trips, weddings, etc...).

Never happens.. always drop off :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Mal was present for all those SS wins too 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL commentators that refer to AFL records as "World Records" :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Mawson Lakes does not have any juniors at all.
Never have.

they either have this year or are working on it for next year

Oh heaven forbid a club try and build juniors.. :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Righto, began my official weight loss Monday (had to wait until after cricket finals!)

Starting Weight: 98.3kg
Myfitnesspal calorie counter says goal of 6, 611 kj per day.

3 months to drop some weight and get my cholesterol levels back to normal!
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

Think you'll find he might be banned from the Pdca for 5 years not cricket. But frothies should be able to let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is correct, it's basically saying that the PDCA is sick of his crap and would rather him go and play elsewhere.

Sent from my hewlett packard PC .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Footy Chick wrote:incorrect. Unlike Allan Jackovich, I am a master of the handball :lol:

I like to refer to it as mitigating risk and delegating to others to give them a sense of ownership and belonging :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

RB wrote:So at least two players are being gifted games that they probably wouldn't have got at other Sanfl clubs.

Is that such a bad thing?
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That stupid "Selfie" song and any other of the ridiculous songs that come out that clearly require no brains or effort to write them..

I dont know whats worse the songs or the douche bags that listen to them!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fisho mcspaz wrote:Anyone know some fun websites?

www.ato.gov.au :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Phantom's like that bloke for Collingwood in the cheer squad who gets dressed up and fires the boys up before and during each game.

Ah probably more like Johnny Haysman :lol:
johnny haysman.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

Na is just a good example of the difference between the different divisions.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

woodublieve12 wrote:not if your married... $100 from a couple :D

It's the wifes money either way :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Rosewater v Angle Vale
West Croydon v Central United
Lockleys v Blackfriars
Mawson Lakes v Mitchell Park
Ingle Farm v Fitzroy

There's a tipping thread now ya douche! 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Has Mawson Lakes uploaded the team on the SAAFL website? Cant see who's lining up in any of the 3 grades.

Obviously not then
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was only using the feedback from the trial game as an indication that Fitzroy will be a formidable unit in this grade this season.

Regardless of the circumstances of the match and who was missing or what coaches were doing, the fact remains that Fitzroy were obviously able to get something very valuable out of a hit out against a side two divs higher..
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old fullback wrote:I saw The Milky Bar Kid grace the turf at Rowe park today, he has his own carpark and i'm not sure but does he bring his own ball?

Yes brings his own ball, has to coz he can't get a kick of the official match ball :P

Jokes.. Love you DB
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In all fairness, whilst struggling this year Kilburn still had a dozen of loyal A grade players that were still sticking true. Looking at the team sheet obviously enough was enough and they took the "olive branches" being offered by other clubs. As a result the side they fielded today would've struggled in C4 - they had blokes that couldn't get C grade games at clubs like Paralowie and a few kids + some older stalwarts.

It's a sad and tough time, but you know what they are fighting and I'm sure they are feeling crap enough about today without having to read blokes outside the club having digs.
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |