Search found 368 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2015

Why would a geelong born and bred player stay in Adelaide.
by UK Fan
Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

2015 Port 12th Crows 9th with reserves teams
2013 Port 7th Crows 11th without reserves teams.

Great job AFL reserves teams.

When Power crowds are down: we must build a new 600mill stadium at tax payers expense.

When SANFL crowds are down: Meh. Get with the times SANFL fans. Social media is up.

WHat a great era of SA football we are in.
by UK Fan
Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think though the measures being put in place regarding total player payments in amateur and country leagues might help this though.

Ultimately though it is about playing on an even playing field, but it wouldn't be, the richer community clubs would be better resourced than the poorer community clubs and then the whole thing is funded by pokies and chook raffles.....

Yes the salary cap hopefully will be a game changer, and get some common sense back into the club boards at country and amateur level.

Will change nothing IMHO.

Just brown paper bags will be brought back out like in 70s - 80s
by UK Fan
Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:Agree wholeheartedly with my Roman Colleague but, me thinks the damage has already been done.
Will be very difficult to undo :(

BS Id get it back within 2-3 seasons.

Wouldnt be that hard at all IMHO
by UK Fan
Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here we go again...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/fall-in-sanfl-crowds-tells-pure-state-league-teams-they-need-to-work-on-their-products-appeal/story-fnia3nqh-1227509248267?sv=12f9d1c6367ff484f51560a219e2bff8

I like this part...

SANFL crowds at the recently completed home-and-away series are down 13 per cent. Why?

Those without hidden agendas will note:

FANS do now compare the buzz of Adelaide Oval with all that is now seen as lacking at SANFL suburban venues. Some club leaders should spend some time on the terraces at Unley and Prospect to understand there is a problem.

No mention of his hidden agenda in writing the article.

And BTW what hidden agenda? NO AFL IN THE SANFL; I wonder what we could mean?
by UK Fan
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Andy Carr won Masson lakes B&F.

Darren King runner up
by UK Fan
Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elim. Final - Norwood v Central @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9

Suffer in your jocks sell outs.

Easy Easy Easy
by UK Fan
Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elim. Final - Norwood v Central @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9

But sadly it's true.
I hate and have little time for "supporters" who turn on coaches and players after a shit season!!
I hate other clubs but when they turn on their own I hate that too!!
Superfan??
I'll take that.
But if we truly believe our club can and will win every game then aren't we all Superfans??
As for the match, we'll done Dogs.
I refuse to accept my boys weren't as hungry as Central, Central were just better on the day.
Just beat the Swampie ring-ins and then it doesn't matter to me who wins the right to look after our cup for a season.

You moaning **** who only seems happy when you've got something to moan about. Go suck a fat one!!

When legs win the Premiership next year you'll be the first in line to back slap and walk the streets in your new tshirt telling everyone how good you were!!!

You're a pi$$ weak sook and you can get stuffed!!!

Apart from that best of luck in season 2016 and have a great xmas. ;)
by UK Fan
Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CENTURION wrote:
CENTURION wrote:
Booney wrote:
LPH wrote:Will we see 'Eric' on Saturday? 8)

One, the games are Sunday, two, you reakon he'll get into Adelaide Oval?

he will if he's not 8 metres long.

He will require 5 assistants.

Im in.
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In 2014 there were 10 games where attendances were greater than 4000, 7 of these games involved either Port or the Crows. So how will it be better without these two teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Integrity restored to SANFL firstly.
Everyone in the comp will be playing by one set of rules
Everyone in the comp will be playing to win a flag
Kids you have developed via your junior program will never compete against your club for premiership points.
Crows fans dont pay to attend so crows crowd figures irrelevant.
Teams with a salary cap of $300K wont be playing against teams with a salary cap of $10 million.
by UK Fan
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By the way the clubs aren't whinging or complaining, just a few minority supporters. So who are the real tree huggers.
Memberships down, crowd no's down, bar & food takings down, gaming revenue down, supporter morale down - yeah you're right champ, the clubs are singing from the rooftops.
Lol at the clueless, deluded world you live in.

You may want to ring Kris Grant/Roy Laird if you think SANFL clubs are happy with AFL reserves.
by UK Fan
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst there are many who dont want them in full stop there are just as many who aren't fussed if they are in just as long as they are never allowed to be successful. A premiership to either of them would be the definate death knell to the comp
Can't say I am aware of that "not fussed" category of people Jim.
I find we can group these people two ways.
1: People who want the AFL sides out, and prefer SANFL to AFL.
2: People who want them to stay, and prefer AFL to SANFL.
I am yet to meet ANYBODY who prefers SANFL to AFL who wants the reserves to stay in our league. I have met a few people who prefer AFL that understand and acknowledge how unreasonable the set up is, but want the reserves to stay because it is more beneficial to the Crows and the Power to have it that way. Usually however, the AFL mob are basically uneducated about the issues and very arrogant in their assertations that we accommodate their reserves. They're often just unable to understand how something that they think is good could be an imposition for others. If you'll excuse the analogy, it is very American.

What group do the people who attend SANFL every week now fall into then?

Disgruntled and disillusioned observing the last 200 pages.
by UK Fan
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have a voice ... apparently!

Keep up the good work Chiggy you dud.

Probably a 5AA ratings thing.
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Monday - Patrick Dangerfield

gossipgirl wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Rumour has it Paddy didn't even get a flight back to Adelaide after the game.

Get out your jars of Vegemite #eatshitcrows

Abbott obviously didn't stop all the boats .... What's worse than a whinging Pom. ...... One trying to comment on footy :oops: :oops: :lol:

Racist :roll: ;)
by UK Fan
Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music with which to torture terror suspects

Booney wrote:Taylor ******* Swift.

Annoying, ginger haired, "Oh he left me" song writing bung eyed ****.

Don't pick on my Tay tay Mr Boon.

Quality description of Ed though. :lol: :lol:
by UK Fan
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Should of picked Menzel instead of Crouch IMHO!!!!.

Dont know why the crows dont pick local lads.

Woosha "The crows gave me a real taste to get back into coaching"

Crows "why dont you coahc us"

Woosha "youve got to be joking. Id prefer to coach the most disgraced football club in recent history than you"

OUCH!!!!
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Au contraire, the primary focus of the power reserves is to develop players for the league side - not win games of football. Whilst I'm sure the players give their all and try to win; this is not the number 1 directive that will be given to Chad.

are you calling chad a liar?

100% YES!!!!
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Bloods!!!

Mark Mickan respect.

Built the eagles.

Made the bays.

Finally the ultimate at the bloods.
by UK Fan
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Gotch = Overrated!!!!

Making finals once.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by UK Fan
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Ben Warren getting squeezed out.

Booney wrote:
CENTURION wrote:
teaoby wrote:
Correct

cool, thanks. One rumour debunked :D

You've confirmed it was you he met with? :lol:

I was going to go with Gary Mcintosh ????

But i like booneys better.
by UK Fan
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Ben Warren getting squeezed out.

He went from the goal square to the coaches box and inherited a system and players following the robotic plan of Bassett.

Gets a chance to do it on his own terms and they struggle in the back half of the year.

So, does he have to run his movements/plans past Cotton before implementing them I wonder?

Obviously I haven't been watching the Legs this season but it could be a case of us not having the cattle to implement the game plan that was so successful. We appeared to rest on our laurels a bit over the off season in regards to recruiting and a few injuries hurt us at times*.

regards,

REB

*in b4 North 'what about our injuries mate' posts.

Cattle ???? This was a side that couldnt make room for a fully fit three time magarey medalist.
by UK Fan
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Cant believe that about Fitzroy.

Dave nelson heart and soul of that club imho!!!
by UK Fan
Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Additionally, to UK Fan's assertion that they'd have no interest in Pembroke but for cash is plainly incorrect. One certainly turned down a much larger offer from a salary cap non-compliant league. Both would have had substantially more offered than Pembroke at even salary cap compliant leagues which have the marquee player rule

So theyd play at pembroke for free and no employment offers ???

Purely the love of it.

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they play at Norwood, North and Sturt for free and just for the love of it? I don't understand your point?

Yes cash is a motivating factor. But the cash is less than their market value. Both will earn substantially less money from football in 2016 than they did in 2015 and both will earn a lot less at Pembroke than they would have else where. You should have seen Tanunda's offer to Kurtze.

Point is SAAFL/country league salary cap will change nothing for SANFL clubs with the current set up as per original post.

Fact a 3 time magarey medallist and the best ruckmen in the comp have left the SANFL to play ammos helps proves that.

Why isnt Kurtze playing for Sturt ??? To far to travel ???

Or is it cos he can earn more playing ammos/gawler league whilst training less.

IM not having a crack at pembroke / Tanunda / Allan or Kurtz. Wish them all the best.

But to suggest these players are playing div 3 for the of love it is a massive stretch. Quite simply I dont believe it.

SANFL needs to adopt a few of these proposed payment structures to compete. ie the introduction of marquee players is one example
by UK Fan
Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hardly poaching when cdfc advertised publicly for applicants for the position
by UK Fan
Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's well documented why Kurtze left. You cannot be a Senior Associate at Thomson Geer and commit to SANFL football. He'd be putting in 60 hour working weeks regularly. You cannot combine that with what is expected by a league club if you're doing the right thing by your employer and your club.

Short of Sturt topping his wage (which would be 6 figures) he was never going to continue playing SANFL.

He wants to keep playing though, at a level he can give a commitment to. If he can earn a few dollars doing so, so much the better.

Thank you.

Yet again not having a crack at Angus(I'd do the same)simply the fact the above will continue to occur salary cap or not. Plus aren't Allan and Kurtz assistant coaches ???

You are aware of the justification as to why the salary cap was brought in was to try and prevent the above ???

Re Marquee players, the top paid SANFL players earn more than any community player as it is. This wouldn't accomplish much. If it's financial incentives the League needs to raise the salary cap league wide and increase game payments for League and Reserve. Whether this is actually sustainable I have no idea

Pig shit they would. Daniel Motlop stated I'm playing country footy cos I get more than playing at North ffs. Sanfl salary cap is just over $300k no one player would be getting football payments of anywhere near what welsh/Petrie/Clayton/sheedy/Waterhouse/ladhams and co. have been getting paid In country leagues for years.Are you suggesting James Allan with his employment gig at Pembroke is taking a massive pay cut purely for the honor or representing a div 3 club.

Dreaming.

Marquee players(even if half wage is not included in salary cap)is one suggestion for sanfl to try and truly combat the issue.

If Ammo/country clubs are allowed to attract marquee players for their clubs why can't SANFL clubs is my question ??? Maybe concentrate on the big picture.

UK Fan - you may be better off not commenting on things you know little about.

Ammo's don't have the marquee player available, and the country clubs have to include the marquee player inside their cap. James Allen also got boned from Norwood so was looking for a new club anyway as well. = both players can only be paid $400 maximum per game

I hear both are donating their match payments to charity and will live free of all things material.

Also heard their footy boots will be made of recyclable goods so boths existence is carbon neutral friendly.
by UK Fan
Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Sommerton is sick of playing for a zombie club. He's still a shitey little quisling though.

All the other crap about the AFL clubs recruiting this late in the season is laughable. I mean it's not as if the SANFL and most of the clubs see the comp as anything other than a practice comp for the AFL is it?

The clubs gave up the moral right to complain about sh*t like this in 2013.

Centrals didn't give up its moral right to complain.

Don't lump us in with your deceitful backstabbing shitful club please.
by UK Fan
Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Its so unfair Essendon have an extra international rookie on their list where Port doesnt.

Obviously this international rookie will give Essendon a massive advantage over the power this season.

Just when you thought PAFC Couldnt get more pathetic.
by UK Fan
Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Keep up the good work Chiggy!!!!!!!!!!
by UK Fan
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Glenelg $3 million in debt and might not field a team in 2017

GLENELG Football Club says it may not be able to field a team in 2017 if it does not turn around its dire finances, which include debts of $3 million.

Tigers president Nick Chigwidden has called on fans to turn out in force and support the club, which this week revealed a $208,850 loss for 2015.

Glenelg is battling debts of $2.2 million owed to Holdfast Bay Council and $1 million to ANZ Bank. Chigwidden said the club needed to take “drastic action” to improve its finances.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/glenelg/glenelg-battles-3m-debts-might-not-field-a-team-in-2017/news-story/7450075307c77da38cd1810419236dd2

Chiggy you are useless !!! Great job bankrupting and splitting your club apart.

Deadset flog where are all the Chiggy defenders now ??
by UK Fan
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Bays need to sack Chiggy immediately if they want to Improve
by UK Fan
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Who would of thought it would take 7 pages to explain to a crows fans the anguish/contempt that is caused when you get Stabbed in the back by someone who should know better.

The original proposal was voted against 0-8 by the SANFL.

Two months later approved 6-2 with no changes to the proposal.

If the crows were innocent and just trying to help the SANFL the would of walked after being unanimously told NO.

But they didn't....... They started threatening

Don't like your crows being blamed for the death of the SANFL take it up with Chapman and Trigg. As for Convincing SANFL fans the crows are innocent.

I just don't like your chances tbh.
by UK Fan
Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If only they had done this when wasting 14 million on PAFC we wouldn't be in this situation
by UK Fan
Tue May 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

I'd say recruiters would spruik the SANFL as the best state league competition in the country, could they do that if the standard drops?

South Australian ex-pats would be likely to come back, but would players uproot families to come here if it isn't the best outside the AFL? Would the clubs have the resources ( money ) to make it irresistible?

you are making an assumption that the standard of on field performances drops if the reserves sides are removed. but its chicken and the egg. which comes first?

you were suggesting that "big names" wouldnt want to come here if the reserves sides are removed, which would drop the standard. but the way i see it, removing the reserves sides doesnt automatically weaken the traditional sides. they will still have the same players on their list, so it would still be the best state league competition wouldnt it? therefore, just removing the reserves sides, doesnt automatically change that selling point

It is an assumption, yes. I've nothing else to go on, but fair to say the competition standard must drop if the AFL listed talent is no longer playing. Be them rookies or old blokes.

However, would it be fair to say there are two types of recruits the SANFL chase?

1 - Those hopeful of being spotted by an AFL scout
2 - Those from amateur or country leagues looking to test themselves.

If the overall standard drops, would both types of recruit still see the SANFL as a viable proposition?

AFL listed players who are playing bruise free footy and playing for themselves(to quote their coach) leaving the comp will do nothing to the standard.

Please stop the "sky is falling" theories as to what would happen the sanfl without flogs reserves AFL flog.

All that will happen to the SANFL without AFL reserves is the SANFL will be confirmed as the undisputed 2nd best league in Australia.

We will be the envy of the WAFL and VFL and every other AFL alligned state league in Australia.

Recruits will be attracted to clubs that are purely interested in recruiting them to make them better footballers (so they can be re-drafted) and wont sacrifice their development due to an afl player that may have been dropped. And maybe even win a premiership for the club.

Also it wont be up to the SANFL if port magpies survive without an AFL reserves presence.

That will be KTs decision.

Whether the AFL reserves is the reason or not for GFC's financial predicament will and can be debated.

BUt what cant be denied now is their is a core bunch of Glenelg/SANFL fans who would of moved heaven and earth to keep glenelg alive pre AFL-reserves.

That right now couldnt give a shite if the bays die with chiggy in charge.
by UK Fan
Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

New chilli peppers album if anyone interested.

Best tracks We Turn red, Detroit & this ticonderoga

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xHuhfNqBnus
by UK Fan
Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

50k comp while many rec and community centres around the state are having to close their doors.

Or as others have said, how about spending that on the train system.

These blokes get more f**king handouts than nearly all non profitable organisations get ffs.

Gawler line was closed last footy season for an upgrade.

Where is centrals compensation ???
by UK Fan
Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowd 27935

Lowest crowd ever at the portress.

And the stadium isn't even 3 seasons old.

Hate to say I told you so......
by UK Fan
Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie is right. Once Ebert goes the only thing Port Adelaide about the Power will be Alberton oval. You can 'one club' it all you like but you sold your soul and your existence to form an AFL entity that was referred to last night (admittedly during the Cricket with non-SA commentators) as 'South Australia's Second AFL team', I had visions of Booney wincing when the commentator said this.

In before ' Redlegs rooted the SANFL'. Can't argue there.

regards,

REB

Edited for accuracy

LOL. Go back to talking about Ports record breaking Crowds. The league was rooted long before then. The Vics sucked us in badly from 1987 on.

regards,

REB

Edited for accuracy :-) :D
by UK Fan
Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matt, let me save you 250+ pages of heartache mate.

The people on here who so vehemently despise the AFL sides entry into the SANFL want a competition that is played on an even playing field, even if that playing field has only 300 people watching it with no fence between the spectators and the players at a local park. They want the integrity restored, they want all sides playing to the line even if it proves to be the demise of the states highest club based competition. At least, they say, it will die with it's head in the air not on it's AFL knees.

Sometimes I think you need to be careful what you wish for.

Reworded:

Matt, let me put this in context.

Before 1997 I would have supported these peoples viewpoint 110%.

However, now that my team is in the AFL they are luddites and idiots.

Cheers.
by UK Fan
Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if Roy Laird a 7 time premiership coach gets fined for saying "the Sanfl would bend over" does a crows board member for falsely stating this comp is dying. Interestingly He is not the first to use this statement when defending this move.

The Sanfl has not been dying since 1991. In 1991 the Sanfl transformed into a niche market. A niche market the afl/afl clubs now want dead/irrelevant.

But that does not equal a dying league.

I do find it interesting we need to explain to a crows board member that it doesnt matter if it's 3-4 seasons in . The anger pain and mistrust built by something u gave birth to stabbing you in the back is something u cant simply just accept and move on from.

I'd be happy to explain it to the Self indulgent prick.
by UK Fan
Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep ringing/writing SANFL to complain.

Phone has been off the hook this week. Those at SANFL house starting to crack.

Keep up the pressure people Olsen and Parkinson have had to send an internal email to calm everyone down.

The time to raise a motion of no confidence in John Olsen at your clubs Agm is now.
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/michelangelo-rucci-looks-at-the-case-for-afl-reserves-teams-in-the-sanfl/news-story/322716e6b373335ffc9726af0e1bd96d

The sky will fall if we don't do what the afl says. Bwwaaahhhh. Booneys smarter brother getting desperate.

150000 viewers and we pay them for tv rights ???

Let's call Ruucis bluff and tell them to piss off
by UK Fan
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JUst finished reading CDFCs annual review.

Kris Grant and Roy Laird both state the club is still not happy and will continue fighting the afl issue.

Keep fighting people someone's in a corner
by UK Fan
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do find a bit hypocritical that you guys all hate the AFL and want to stand on your own two feet but simultaneously want the AFL to give you millions of dollars in cash

Can't have it both ways.

You are aware the AFL clubs were invented on the promise you would Provide SA football million of dollars in cash annually. Why else do you think we put $8 mill worth of capital into the licences. For fun ??

So how exactly is us expecting you to deliver on your promise whilst staying the hell away from our league hypocritical at all.

The only thing hypocritical is the fans of the team for all South Australians thinking south Australians football fans are in anyway greedy for expecting you to deliver on your promise. Plus the crows fans stating they apparently hate Victorians whilst sending their hard earned straight to the docklands every season.

Still clueless

They sold the licences

And ?? You think it's just the AFL licences the SANFL gave you.

Do u own the lease at Adelaide Oval or own footy park and incur the costs of running the venues ?? Or does the sanfl

are Port/crows still the first sport stories on seven news/5AAFL or the back page of Adelaide now ?? Or is it SANFL

Guess how Advertiser/Seven news and 5AA filled their sport stories for decades before 1991 Ben. Why did that change almost overnight ?? Why shouldn't we continue to be compensated for our lost media market share we gave to the AFL clubs. When it hasn't been returned.

Crowds of 40k a week dwindled down to 12k due to allowing Adelaide FC the ability to market directly to existing SANFL members. Why should we not continued to be compensated for losing 70% of our supporter/sponsor base.

SANFL spent $8 mill plus the interest costs in the 1990s for these licences and have gained a return of only $15 mill 20 years later which the AFL can pay back over 10 years.

if that's is suppose to compensate for everything we have lost you are clueless.

Keep going to Melbourne for crows game and buying more AFL merchandise you true south Australian football supporter. Oh and Damn those victorian bastards.

Who can't have it both ways ?? :roll:
by UK Fan
Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do find a bit hypocritical that you guys all hate the AFL and want to stand on your own two feet but simultaneously want the AFL to give you millions of dollars in cash

Can't have it both ways.

You are aware the AFL clubs were invented on the promise you would Provide SA football million of dollars in cash annually. Why else do you think we put $8 mill worth of capital into the licences. For fun ??

So how exactly is us expecting you to deliver on your promise whilst staying the hell away from our league hypocritical at all.

The only thing hypocritical is the fans of the team for all South Australians thinking south Australians football fans are in anyway greedy for expecting you to deliver on your promise. Plus the crows fans stating they apparently hate Victorians whilst sending their hard earned straight to the docklands every season.

Still clueless
by UK Fan
Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quit bitching about the past and come up with ways to make the SANFL better NOW.
AFL will always be the bigger league getting the majority of the media.

Done

Puss the AFL out of our league. Delay the start of SANFL season, drop ticket prices, bring back double headers. SANFL GF back to being played after AFL Gf. On the AFL bye week before finals schedule a full round of SANFL telecast on 7 including a Friday night game. Any financial threats to our league from over the border ie to our junior funding is to be reimbursed from revenue via Adelaide Oval ie crows/port reimburse us. SANFL Stops paying Adelaide city council to close down King William St on AFL game day and pass the bill onto the AFL clubs. Money saved goes into marketing SANFL.

Not hard.

Hopefully the message of don't bite the hand that feeds you will be understood eventually
by UK Fan
Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-21/jlt ... t-adelaide

notable Absentees: Jimmy Toumpas

O:-) =)) =)) :)) =))

Comedy gold afl.com
by UK Fan
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Zartan wrote:94 to Dalton..

Surely he's just booked himself a spot for the next shield game?!

We dropped Cooper & Ludemann about this time last season for Carey and Weatherald.

Seems like a good time for a change with both openers in some poor form ATM.
by UK Fan
Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |