Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

A message from Boaky- any wonder this bloke has the respect he does- not just from within the Port Adelaide family, but from the football world in general:

To our fantastic supporters,

The season is over for our club and it didn’t end the way we wanted to.

I know how disappointed you are that we couldn’t get the job done against Hawthorn on Saturday, and how we couldn’t pip Norwood at the end of Sunday’s SANFL Grand Final.

For our footy club, it’s not good enough.

The way all of us look at it, we just need to be better at playing the game.

We’ve moved on from results that we can’t change and we’re really determined to make the most of every single training session across the next pre-season.

The reason I’m writing to you isn’t just to tell you that though, I’m writing to say thanks, on behalf of our whole footy club, for being the best supporters in the AFL.

We said it plenty throughout the year, but now our campaign is over and we’ve had time to reflect, the one thing that sticks will all the boys is the roar you made in that very first game at Adelaide Oval.

You were unbelievable.

Just like you were unbelievable at the MCG last Saturday night.

We didn’t see the march, but our membership team said we couldn't measure it in people - we had to measure the attendance in kilometres!

The photos in the paper really show your incredible support for us against the Hawks, you were louder than their supporters, your passion was as good as it’s been at Adelaide Oval.

The boys go on leave today before returning for pre-season in November, but please remember that every step we take when we return is to make sure Port Adelaide is better in 2015.

Next year, we’ll be more consistent, we’ll be even more prepared for the challenges of the big teams and those who are sure to fire up.

We’ll play for you and we’ll play for our guernsey with the same commitment and passion we did this year, because we know what our club is all about – it’s a family, and we’re all part of it.

See you in November!

Boaky
by valleys07
Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Day 2 wrap up. SA v Westerns

Out were- Nitta, Bedge, Hodo and Cuz
In- Sarge, Fin, Gully and Wrighty.

SA won the toss and batted on the same deck as yesterday. Dutchy and Fin opened got to 20 when Dutchy received a howler LBW call leaving the home side with plenty to do, Which Steve Neal (61) and Fin (67) delivered in spades with 110 run partnership. Old Man Couger came in at 4 and hit a very solid 56*. Smith came and went for a globe at 5, Hauser went cheaply at 6 as we were in a bit of a batting collapse. Uren was elevated to 7 to pick the run rate up and hit a quick fire 20, Sarge also got promoted and had some late order fun. Ended up posting 6/242

Westerns in reply 8/176.

It was the most lack luster chase I've ever seen! At no stage did the muppets have a crack at winning. F**k me wouldn't you rather be rolled for 190 having a crack at winning the game? Pidge and Trav opened well, Although Westerns got to 40odd with out loss. Sarge and Wrighty bowled very tight for a great bowling partnership. Gully came on with immediate success and bowled well as did Tyson. Dutchy got the last 2 overs from one end and Ash bowled the last.

Gully got a couple, Tyson a couple, Singles to Pidge, Dutchy, Ash and Wrighy.

On to NSW tomorrow.
by carey
Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Semi Final Wrap up.

Very easy win to SA! Into the final tomorrow.

SA won the toss and elected to bowl! :shock: NSW were bowled out for 168. One bloke slapped 40 in late to get them to that total. Wrighty was awesome with 3/48 off nearly 20 overs, Pidge was good early with 2 fa as was Uren who also got 2 and Tyson picked up 2 as well.

The run chase started poorly with Fin gone in the second over. Dutchy and Steve tried to steady the ship but Dutchy fell in the 12th over. From there Steve and Ash finished it off both with 60 odd not out.

Grand final tomorrow. You beauty!
by carey
Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Haha perhaps not.

I think a couple of my points have been lost, overall they are:

1. The Division 7 A grade fixture is a farce.
2. The placement of North Pines in Division 7 Reserves given point number 1 is blatantly unfair on the other teams, especially considering previous years floggings of those same clubs.
3. Wingfield not being able to play in Division 7 given point number 1 is also nonsensical - to the point that crazy conspiracy theories are being used to explain it.
4. The current system of delegates voting on league wide strategy, rules and team placement is bureaucratic suicide.
5. The Executive Committee need more power to make discretionary executive decisions which are clearly for the betterment of the league and competition.
6. Vote #1 morell.

That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.

Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Anyone who may make the Old Scholars Cartel feel a little uncomfortable will gradually be eliminated.

Asking a serious question but what did happen to Paralowie and why their demise? It seems a big suburb with a lot of young families in it and I'm surprised it couldn't sustain a football club.

Owed the council too much money and was forced to close doors. Footy has not been the same for me ever since. When I win the lotto, I will be bringing them back as..... Paralowie Pirates :D
by The Real Number 3
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |