Search found 202 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

SDK wrote:Nahhhh I am not going to stay on this forum now. I will go to the new one until it is fixed.
Bye.

:D
by leggies
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

The SANFL will become so irrelevant with the introduction of the B grade teams that playing coaches will be back in vogue
Yeah, you reckon?

I can just picture it now - Rubbers leading the ruck at the Bloods, Roy running off a half back flank for the Dogs and Mick Godden hobbling around one leg in a forward pocket !!!
Ken McGregor missing easy shots on slight angles for North.
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

No one i know would hold any animosity towards Callinan, clearly there are things the Crows can offer him off field that will help him along the way.

But the structure that he operates under is untenable, you tell me how a quality, stand alone competition is enhanced by a system where the clubs are operating under 3 different sets of rules and conditions (SANFL clubs, Ravens, Port Magpies) thanks to an SANFL commission that hasn't had the courage or integrity to stick by it's own statements and past commitments.

The SANFL should not be sacrificed to the almighty AFL, just because of the massive power imbalance between the two.
by Ronnie
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.

Well **** off and play against other seconds teams then.
The AFC is not a state team and deserve no more preferential treatment from the SANFL than any of the other 17 AFL clubs.
Anybody who can't see that has there eyes and ears painted on. **** morons
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

SDK wrote:Jack Oatey also coached West Adelaide but with no success.

Yeah, but only 'coz there was no Foxtel Cup in those days...
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forced transfers

Nice way to change the subject. Yeah our club might be crap but the Crows are crap too.

Could just imagine Port supporters at the doctor.

Dr: You're fat
Port Supporter: Yeah but my neighbour is fat too so it doesn't matter
Dr: * face palm *
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

And that leads to an interesting question ... do people support a club or a competition?

From my pre-media days I certainly was more concerned about HOW my team played, rather that WHO my team played.

I no longer feel any love or joy for the SANFL and South Australian football as a whole.
I still hope my club wins but will not be supporting it financially.
So it was with raised eyebrows I received the latest email from the club (admittedly written by a CEO who was not in the chair when the fateful decision was made) reaching out to members:

"What can we do to make Glenelg supporters Glenelg Football Club members? We need to make a Glenelg Football Club membership a desired commodity. We need to provide a member with more benefits and a great experience every time they visit the facility. We need to make our members feel they have ownership of the venue (which they effectively do), so they continue to support it, win or lose, 52 weeks a year."

What can you do? You can give them a voice and listen to them when they speak.

This horse has bolted.
by Harry the Horse
Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who have Norwood screwed over more ????

they havent screwed any one. they have done what they think was the best for the norwood fc. i cannot give an opinion if they ate right or wrong without any of the facts
all i can say is
"Norwood for premiers 2014"

I'm fairly certain they made it clear they were against AFL reserves side in the SANFL. They went back on there word. To me, thats unforgivable. This is a reason that my club no longer exists.

I'm not about to defend the actions of my club, but please don't blame anyone but your own for the changes at your club.

Not blaming your club however you are a a significant reason that my club no longer exists. If the crows did not get a reserve team in 2014, the power would not have pushed as hard for there reserves team. Just wish 1 more club would have seen the impact this will have on the leauge and would've voted no.

What a load of crap. You have no one else to blame but yourselves. "Your club" was one club well before Reserves talks were happening. Although one suspects, this was a plan all along. Port wanted a Reserves team every bit as much as the Crows.
by Aerie
Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

SDK wrote:Well done Wedgie sick of the non related shit on this post ..... sure talk as much BS as you want about Port but on a separate subject that most people can ignore.

Maybe you should have your own thread ;)
by Brodlach
Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal

So, you acknowledge there is no direct benefit for Port Adelaide yet there could be immense benefit for Junior Bloggs?

Excellent, then you can all mind your own business and let us get on with ours. ;)

Well your "business" does generally have ramifications for all other clubs in the state ;)
by JK
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

oh dear.

Silly question and obvious answer is if a player isn't selected to play for the league side then they will play in the reserves side.

So based on that regardless of which competition a team plays in then if a Port Power player does not get selected to play for the league team he will play for port's reserve side!!!!!!!

Thanks you've been great, I'm here all week try the Salmon.

Good Night :-)
by Panther Pack
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Kickinit is fully aware its a reserves team, I think he's just fishing to annoy people...

Like I said earlier in the thread, the majority of us and I think the football public will see the Magpies as dead and this new team as nothing more than a Power Reserves team in someone elses guernsey, but for a select few PAFC supporters, they'll still think/hope/believe/deceive themselves, that its still the same old Magpies that dominated the SANFL.

Just leave them to it I reckon... if he's happy, he's happy, if it all works out for the league, kudos to those in charge... if not, well it was good while it lasted I suppose and at least we have the memories of a league with integrity and colour and passion.

There's plenty of other leagues and sports we can all support if this one doesn't work out like we hope.
by csbowes
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally believe flags won before 1900 have much greater weight to them!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it was the money from the SANFL bailout....
by DOC
Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The State guernsey represents every South Australian football club.

The Crows will be playing against 9 of these clubs this season.

Odd move. Hardly surprising. Never been less interested in Australian Rules Footy than I am at the moment.
by Aerie
Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont see whats wrong with them saying "our history started in 1990, we have two flags, and 23 years of being competitive".

I dont like them, but surely they would be one of the most consistent at playing finals over the last 23 years. Could be wrong.
by HH3
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D14 wrote:
Well they did represent SA you just chose not to support them because your club was blocked from joining the AFL

No, the team that wears the State guernsey and plays under the name "South Australia" represents our state. Not a club in a national competition. Therein lies the difference.
by Booney
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A guy at works a Collingwood supporter and South Australian and couldnt see what the problem was. So I asked him a few questions.

1) If South Australia played a State game against Victoria, who would you go for? "South Australia"

2) If the Crows played Collingwood, and the Crows wore the SA State guernsey and Collingwood wore the Vic State guernsey, who would you barrack for? "****.......I dunno.....I couldn't cheer on the Big V, but I couldn't support Adelaide.....I'd probably just watch the rugby"....
Did you ask him which rugby?
Its very pertinent as if he'd rather watch Rugby League he's an ignorant airhead who should be ignored where if he would watch Rugby Union he's a smart man and worth listening to.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl
Hmm, I don't think this is quite right. I'd guess it's somewhere between 50% - 60% follow the Crows.
They're doing a good job of losing any of their more educated supporters (and there isn't heaps) - including me. No club has a right to wear the state representative geurnsey.
No argument there.

I think a few years ago they had a lot of people who weren't rusted on fans but had a soft spot for the Crows.

They are shedding those sorts of people very fast.
by areaman
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clearly they are doing this to antagonise Port. But why they would do this and risk alienating another segment of SA Footy followers is bewildering. Maybe they didn't think they did a good enough job putting most of us offside with their "negotiations" with the reserves issue?

The complete irony though, is that one of the teams that effectively destroyed the concept of State of Origin football, now wants to rub salt into the wound by having the gall to wear the guernsey! :roll:

My only interest in that club now is to look at the hopefully increasing injury list each week.
by Hazydog
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have the "team for all South Australian's" realized that they've offended a large percentage of the South Australians they pretend to represent?

A percentage that is not only PAFC supporters, but supporters of other club & indeed a large amount of it's own supporter base.
by the milky bar kid
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get this:

SANFL club presidents are questioning why they were not consulted. Norwood president Joe Tripodi told The Advertiser: "We should have been notified and consulted."

Why? So you could disregard your members wishes and sell them out? Again?
by DOC
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love G McIntosh's quote about the Crows: "That's what happens when people in bullshit castles make bullshit decisions".
You Macca are a deadset LEGEND!
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

To say the least, a bit unfair on Topsy. Hardly the biggest fan of all that has transpired out there of late.

Joe's cut and run, voting yes then resigning, doesn't really need commenting on. His actions speak for themselves.

What sh*ts me to tears more than anything is that there'll be no washback for the gutless hacks that sit on the SANFL Boards and on the Commission. By the time their insane decision has reached the endpoint, the effective death of the SANFL, they'll all be gone.

I had one animated discussion with a noted Norwood advertising shill who sits on the Commission who simply couldn't have been more pleased with himself about what he and his cronies had forced through. That he couldn't answer the simple question about how he expected the SANFL clubs to attract members under the age of forty from now on says everything.
by topsywaldron
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

went to watch the game vs centrals today. did feel weird, as i didnt really know who to barrack for. But given I have seen a lot more of the crows players over the past few years I found myself hoping they would do well, as opposed to some of the brand new centrals faces that i didnt know.

And so it begins. I'm sure benny isn't alone in his sentiment unfortunately. It's sad that the league has come to this.

Attracting a new generation of young football supporters to the league, who have grown up in an AFL-saturated market will be difficult for the 8 SANFL clubs. As a young fella why support your local sanfl club made up of young blokes you would walk past in the street and not recognise, when you can follow some of the Crows players you see on TV, the radio and newspaper from time to time...
by saintal
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of the 1st Qtr

Loved the comment that the 8 genuine clubs are on an even playing field. If the Commission had got Port's entry conditions correct (ie. the same as Crows) then this could have been a real positive for SANFL. To allow Port to retain so many league players and then recruit other highly experienced players by fudging the rules is such a shame and demonstrates weak leadership.
by SANFLnut
Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Glenelg V Norwood Post Match

maybe the ground announcer drank all the stout.
by tazz
Tue May 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

******* great standing here for the entire quarter listening to the two Norwood supporters behind me talk about how good the Crouch boys are and how Sando should use them. Really hitting home tonight how badly our club ducked up by letting these **** in!
by JK
Fri May 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential mature age recruits from SANFL

Oooohhhh please, can't wait for more of our players that we've developed over the last 5-10 years on a drip fed budget to be snapped up by an AFL club for a half of f-all drip fed payment (if you're lucky) only to have them play against us in a state league comp.
Where do we sign?
by CUTTERMAN
Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

nwdfanparade wrote:I polish the cup every day!

I think a few people on here do
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

LOL, that's below the belt Jim ... :lol:
by dedja
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Heard Keith Thomas on 891 on Saturday, he said that 'Port Magpies don't want any advantages in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements that they earned.' Not sure what he deems to be advantages or not.
He went on to say that Port will be affected next year by losing their juniors and zones. (I'm guessing that he deems this to be enough of a disadvantage to even out the $3m that they are breaking the salary cap by each week and having full time players)
He then went on to say just how important it was for the AFL to get equalisation right to make the comp fair and even for clubs struggling off the field.
So on one hand PAFC don't want any advantages over true SANFL clubs (but are sure as hell willing to take them and argue for them) and quite happy to accept a blatantly unfair competition, yet on the other they're demanding equalisation and fairness in the AFL.
The hypocrisy was laughable as was his stuttering delivery of the nonsense he was trying to push. One can only assume he's smart enough not to believe his own bull$hit.

Seriously how thick are some of you people, all you can say now that Port area winning games is we have a advantage. How do we have a advantage when the SANFL clubs are the one that put this proposal towards PAFC. Everything that we have this year was given to us by the 8 SANFL clubs, we didn't steal, we didn't cheat for it, we didn't pay for it, it was given to us. This is what 7 of the 8 SANFL clubs wanted.

If you want to have a cry like a 2 year old baby, stop crying about PAFC and go and cry to the clubs that wanted this.
Actually the main gist of the post was about Keith Thomas saying that Port didn't want any advantage in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements. That being said, he's not doing anything about stopping these advantages is he. If Port truly didn't want these advantages they'd keep Magpies as a true SANFL team and put their AFL reserves elsewhere. But no, they chose to start doing this a few years ago by default. And again, what was promised in the One Club proposal???? "Port Magpies will never be Power reserves"....hmmmm.
I'm just pointing out what your CEO is putting forward in the media and the hypocritical claptrap that it is.
If we're going to follow your way of thinking shall we discuss the stadium deal at Footy Park? That's what Port agreed to so stop complaining. But no, it was everyone else's fault. Or shall we use the scenario of Port Magpies being a separate entity to Power? That's what you signed up to yet again who did you blame for it??? Let me guess. Everybody else?
Get my point?
Once again we have Port supporters willing to tar everybody else with blame when it suits you yet none of it falls back on you when it's your club that's pushed for unfair advantages.
I'd suggest you should comaining to your CEO if you don't like the message he puts out in public.
by CUTTERMAN
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 LIVE scores

Cant wait to hear West blame Norwood for this.
by Jim05
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would think this forum is one of the best ways to gauge feeling in the SANFL.
It's where SANFL fans go to talk about footy. Most of the regular posters here are strong SANFL supporters.
I've noticed a strong drop in the SANFL games threads, as an example.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fickle compared to most who frequent this forum. I do the same with the 36ers and United and I'm what I'd call fickle compared to their diehards - simply because I don't have memberships and I pick and choose when it's best for me to go, just my opinion and I agree it causes a swell in crowds.

You can speculate about SANFL crowds and whether they're going to AO or wherever, the point is there's definitely people who've left that weren't like that and if this forum isn't going to be one of the ways of informing us of what's going on with those supporters, what is? It's strange that you would support one person's theory on falling numbers (which I actually agree would be a small part of it), but suggest that others who have stated facts regarding people they know is a representation not to be trusted.

I wasn't suggesting that people on here were lying when they said they and their friends had stopped going, it is clear a lot of the diehards are fed up and don't go anymore, and I'm not even suggesting Matt is 100% right, just that it's a good point that hadn't been brought up before
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

"The whole thing is 150% false" - said Stevens.

Hypnotist: You are all very good players
Team: We are all very good players.
Hypnotist: You will beat Shelbyville.
Team: We will beat Shelbyville.
Hypnotist: You will give 110 percent.
Team: That's impossible no one can give more than 100 percent. By definition that's the most any one can give.

:lol: i love the simpsons...
by woodublieve12
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - LIVE SCORES

Eagles getting an absolute free ride from the umps again! It's becoming a joke. Every week.
Its been happening since their inception, the SANFLs darling

You're right. Clearly there is a conspiracy plot going on.

I can't believe you've cracked it.
Mock all you like, I've never come across a team more looked after in the 35 years I've followed the SANFL than the hybrids. It's not just the supporters of NUMEROUS other teams either, I could name players I've spoken to from 4 clubs who feel the same way.
Doesn't matter if you win or lose by 10 goals against them, they invariably get a dream run.
by Spargo
Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

Will the Eagles free kick count be evened up now?
by Jim05
Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 19/7)

I'm not disputing the crowds are down, it seems likely given what has been reported here, but the accusation that they would deliberately inflate figures I don't agree with. I can't think of a reason that it would be in centrals interests to do so

So you're not disputing the crowds are down but doom and gloomers are idiots?

You are remarkable in once again saying one thing and meaning nothing.

You should join a political party asap. You've missed your calling.
by UK Fan
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While the structure of the club and it's SANFL team has changed occasionally in recent years, it's still the same Port Adelaide Football Club that has put a team in the SANFL since the comp started.

Keep telling yourself that!!
It's not the same........whilst I wish it was it just isn't.

Everything they do is second fiddle to Big Brother............the real Port Magpies I grew up with play second fiddle to no one.
And they earnt everyone of their premierships........they weren't given them as will be the case if they win this year.
by amber_fluid
Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

TimmiesChin wrote:How many would need to attend an Adelaide Oval double header for the clubs to break even ?

150,000 if u ask Kochy
by whufc
Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

So will some of these PAFC supporters finally now admit the Magpies are finally KAPUT DEAD NADA ??????

A 143 years of Magpie teamS history and zones destroyed !!!

Well done SANFL you really have excelled in destroying a once great competition.

RIP Magpies.

Get stuffed SANFL !!!!!!!!!!!
Umm, it was Ports choice to have a reserves team not the SANFL's, they gave them the option. Port were well down that path over the previous few years when stacking the Magpies with "disgruntled" players mini drafted to other clubs. Port could've honoured their Magpie heritage and kept them as a wholistic SANFL team that competed under the same SANFL salary cap....they chose not to.
Bit rich to blame the SANFL for that.
by CUTTERMAN
Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.
Throw a metaphorical stone on This August Forum and you could hit any number of posters who have not taken membership of their SANFL club because of the admission of garbage teams into the competition. Not little to do with it, but everything to do with it.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.
And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are different aspects of the SANFL that when all brought together make it a great "product". Some of those aspects have been taken away with the AFL Reserves entry and the zone change.

It's the vibe.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kEcaApfA8Mo/Ug8VzwZGBFI/AAAAAAAADm0/GycAais-3AQ/s400/tiriel+Mora.jpeg
by Dogwatcher
Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It would be the worst ever year for amount of paid customers through the gate comfortably. Throw in smaller numbers of members, a bigger bill for TV and less publicity especially in finals time and things aren't looking great. The reserves sides have definitely been a big step backwards and could potentially get worse as the novelty wears off. The only positives are no byes and the Crows having one less excuse for being sh!t.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

klaan wrote:If the SANFL competition ends up achieving 20000 more attendees than last year, is that not a good result?

Not if the 20000 new attendees have put $20k into the clubs for one season only while the 1000 that walked away would have put $70k into the clubs on a yearly basis
by whufc
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

Lol, M35 you're a better apologist for the reserves farce than most Power supporters.
by RB
Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

KEITH THOMAS CUP
1 Norwood
0 Port Reserves

Nowood won the first ever game between the 2 clubs by 17 points
Port Reserves will need to this game by 18+ to win the KT CUP
by mal
Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |