Search found more than 7279 matches

Return

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Some lamb shanks that went in the slow cooker this morning.
by Booney
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2024 AFL tipping

Pat Pirate 38 ( 19 with a joker used for a perfect round - well played ) 1* ( joker used )
BigJim64 37 1*
Booney01 37 1*
REB 35 1*
Spargo 33 1*
Equal 5th 30
Carey 30
Yaaablett 29
Mickey_E 28
ManentiManentiManentiManentiManenti 28
Amber_Fluid 27
TDK 27
Blue Owl Ode 27
Jimmy-041 26
Bedge1985 25
by Booney
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters Golf

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Min Woo Lee will be playing with a broken hand after a gym mishap with a dumbbell last week.

out to $140

Should have a couple more zeros on the end of that quote, I’ve got more chance of winning.

They let me cash out $9.50 of my $10. :lol:

Edit - I got $5001 about Spargo winning.
by Booney
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Weak from Ainsworth, Petty has no way of retaliating.
by Booney
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Um if the comments on Finlayson were subdued due to fears of backlash, I would hate to see how many would be there if those fears did not exist.

I'm talking about decent minded folk who would be worried about being misinterpreted, not the f*ckwit element who have no social conscience.
by Booney
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Corona Man wrote:No one even in the ballpark yet…

More out of the range than ball park.
by Booney
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:If we are truly about protecting the head then whether the player was going for the ball is completely irrelevant is it not?

That's the end of our game then. Was fun while it lasted.
by Booney
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Top level football has never been harder, tougher or more physically demanding to play.

Is it better? Who knows, but it certainly is harder.
by Booney
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:8 eps of The Sopranos to go. Sad it's coming* to an end.

never seen it. worth it id imagine

100% recommend it mate. Brilliant show.
by Booney
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

I always say "My car" when talking about it, she quips "My retirement holiday you mean?" :lol:
by Booney
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

Possibly in the back, probably holding the ball, absolutely hilarious.
by Booney
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

MW wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Almost $11 for a pint of super dry in the Seacliff. Are they taking the mickey?

Surely included a BJ for that price

Good call, I'd want to get the taste out of my mouth too.
by Booney
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Getting a call up to the Garden Sky Box on Sunday at LIV.
by Booney
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

9kg from Xmas gone. Slow and steady. Got a bit of a lergy so didn't get in this morning meaning my run of Mon/Wed/Fri is broken for the first time in 8 weeks.

Consistency is key they say.
by Booney
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Grange member I think mate.

Anyway, I'm now in a Sky Box over the 9th green on Sunday as a guest. Should be ok. :D
by Booney
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

"Why do we keep changing the rules? No other competition does it!"

"Stop having draws"

:lol:
by Booney
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2024 AFL tipping

Where the reviews then? 8)
by Booney
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

They have grog in supermarkets as the trade off I reckon.
by Booney
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Spargo wrote:- Mail for 2 different horses
- From 2 different posters
- In the same race
- In Townsville
- On a Tuesday

Only on safooty.net

If you aren't doing Tuesday Townsville form do you even punt bro?
by Booney
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lightning type numbers hit in r2 at the Bool.....

15/14/13/12/11 :shock:
by Booney
Wed May 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Ravens v Power

I'm waiting outside the gates now, fair crowd forming.
by Booney
Thu May 02, 2024 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAWater

"Affordable housing", the oxymoron of 2024.
by Booney
Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

What game are you blokes watching?
by Booney
Thu May 02, 2024 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://resources.portadelaidefc.com.au/photo-resources/2024/05/07/012f7161-e977-4da7-a023-b8a6c37cda8b/240501-SDNR-guernsey-home-away-22-.jpg?width=1064&height=600

Yartapuulti Football Club has unveiled its 2024 AFL First Nations guernsey, which will be worn during Sir Doug Nicholls Round. 

The annual, league-wide event will take place across Rounds 10 and 11, with the Power set to don the special guernsey in games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval and North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena. 

The club is also proud to confirm it will be known as the Yartapuulti Football Club again in 2024 for all games played during Sir Doug Nicholls Round, AFLW Indigenous Round and the SANFL First Nations Round.

This year’s striking strip, inspired by the essence of family, was a collaboration between two-time premiership player, Norm Smith Medallist and 200-game player, Byron Pickett, and his first cousin Melanie Pickett.

The guernsey depicts Byron’s strong connection to family, to the land, and to the Port Adelaide region, as well as the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti AFL players.

“To get asked to do the design for this great club is…I’m a pretty humble guy, I like to think I am, and I was just over the moon when they asked me to design it,” Byron said.

“It (the design) is about family. I’m really big on family. I’ve always put family before myself, it’s just what I’ve been taught by my father, my mother, and my older sister.”

The guernsey design is centred around three round symbols, while the Port River forms the traditional Yartapuulti ‘V’ shape across the chest.

“The rivers represent the Port River, the home of Yartapuulti and my football journey,” Byron said.

“The animal prints on the side of the guernsey are my totems. The bird footprint is the pee wee, that’s my Nyoongar totem on my dad’s side. And the dog print is a dingo (ngubanu), and that’s my mum’s totem on the Yamatji side.

“The background represents my father; he did a painting a while ago with that design on it.

“My dad is no longer with us today, and I just thought because I am really family orientated man, I wanted to include that as a representation of my father.”

Three round shapes sit at the centre of the guernsey and represent three meeting places of great significance to Byron.

“The main shape is Alberton Oval and the smaller shapes around it represent the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti players, plus one that represents me.

“The top shape is a place called Mount Magnet (Budimia) that’s where my mum is from, and the bottom shape is where my dad is from Quairading (Balardong) down south in Western Australia.

“There are three ‘U’ shapes on the back of the guernsey. The teal one is my granddaughter, Zaylera, and the two others are the boys, my two grandsons Z’kye and Zyree.

https://resources.portadelaidefc.com.au/photo-resources/2024/05/07/d71f9034-028d-450e-b6e4-969a37c15e55/240501-SDNR-guernsey-home-away-37-copy.jpg?width=1064&height=600
by Booney
Wed May 08, 2024 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That is a beauty of a guernsey... Port don't miss with them...

I know the club is incredibly proud of the work done in the community programs that include the Aboriginal Power Cup and SAASTA program, as well as what is proving to be very beneficial to participants the ADF Veterans program.

Played during Sir Doug Nicholls Round the carnival promotes education in indigenous communities and to be eligible to attend students must have a minimum 80% attendance rate and be passing both academic and behavioral components. The Santos Aboriginal Power Cup is the longest running joint education and AFL community program for Aboriginal students in the Australian professional sports industry.

To be eligible for the program the Power SAASTA Connect aims to inspire First Nations middle school students to complete their schooling and is crafted as a dedicated and direct pathway into the Santos Aboriginal Power Cup, this is aimed at years 7,8 and 9.

The ADF Veterans program, by drawing on the similarities of transitioning from high-performing environments, ex AFL-players and ADF veterans come together to re-identify a sense of purpose and community connection.

Delivered over a six week period, outcomes seek to address challenges associated with transition, mental health, wellbeing and relationships.

In addition to the six weeks, a number of events are delivered across the year with current and past program participants to promote ongoing connection and belonging.

The Power to Thrive program is a resilience and wellbeing program designed specifically for students from Australian Defence Force families.
The program offers a wide range of tools and resources that address the mental, emotional and practical needs of military families.

These tools are intended to help students thrive in any situation by covering themes such as gratitude, confidence, community connection, self-esteem, goal setting and character strengths with all themes linking strongly to the Port Adelaide Football Club’s player development program.

Designed specifically for year 10 students as a primary prevention program, Power to End Violence Against Women promotes respectful relationships and gender equality.
Developed in conjunction with Centacare Catholic Family Services and the Department for Education, this program is underpinned by a vision for young men to foster healthy attitudes to relationships while also challenging entrenched attitudes that can contribute to gender-based violence.

In consultation with the Department for Education, the program complements the Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum that is delivered in both primary and secondary schools.

As an extension to the program, students are invited to attend an annual Leadership Day and Role Model event aimed to share learnings and deepen understanding.
by Booney
Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

Doors and rear 1/4s have some pitting, boot ( behind bumper ) as shown, the rest is straight, clean and ready for the next stage.
by Booney
Wed May 08, 2024 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give up black booker, form gets torn to pieces

Give up winner, no love

:lol:
by Booney
Thu May 09, 2024 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

The end of today. F*ck today already.
by Booney
Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R6 #5 The Yachtsman

Been racing in higher grades, not disgraced and keeps the 3kg claim on board.
by Booney
Fri May 10, 2024 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

The Dark Knight wrote:
Booney wrote:Dick in your arse.
Finally BT can get off Geelongs dick for the night.

Right down at the base he was.
by Booney
Fri May 10, 2024 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |