Search found 138 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

The cricket club I play at winning both the SACA and Cricket Australia award for Technology and Media Initiative of the Year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cricket club I play at winning both the SACA and Cricket Australia award for Technology and Media Initiative of the Year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk Is that in relation to Ramblers usage of MyCricket and/or using Frogbox Keefy? Or the promotion of your club on Social Media? Pretty much everything from the live streaming on frogbox to the promotion of events etc on social media, to the building of a chat bot for the club's sponsor loyalty program.

by Keefy
Thu May 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Wade Ormsby has won himself 204 bottles of Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Scotch whiskey at the Scottish Open.

Ormsby aced the 204 yard 12th hole at the Renaissance Club

by Keefy
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17*

Cracking last quarter

by Keefy
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

4/19 in the 5th

Starc with 3/16. His 2nd over went for 13 runs

by Keefy
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

whufc wrote:True EP were up by 25 goals at half time???
Kicked 44 for the match

Won by 40 goals

by Keefy
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Fantastic cricket by Shami and Bumrah

Shami goes BANG to bring up his 50

by Keefy
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Well guys it's confirmed, sanity has prevailed and we have eight teams in Sections Two and Three. A good result. IMG-20210915-WA0000.jpg
Interesting that Warradale have dropped down to Section Four after finishing top in Section Three and losing their Semi final against South Road last season. Coromandel B grade up from Section 4 to 2

Southern Warriors from Section 6 to 3

I see South Road have come back up now since Punjab Lions have gone elsewhere to play.

Be interesting to see what Grand Masters will be like after they have come across from PDCA

by Keefy
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

https://i.postimg.cc/RCdZtrK3/8-D35-FFB2-4553-46-B7-ADE4-963-E5-D029-A16.jpg

Bye Crossy, absolute champion of the game. Yup, true champion of the club and SANFL.

All the best to him. Great servant who stuck at it and sadly didn't achieve the ultimate goal.

by Keefy
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: European

Boom boom shaka laka

by Keefy
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WYC all out for 18 today in Section 1

by Keefy
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

stan wrote:The pitch looks like my backyard.
I wish my backyard looked like that

by Keefy
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

No wonder the poms have a slow over-rate when they have a team meeting before each ball. 10 overs in the first 50 mins today, after 87 in 6 and a half hours of play yesterday (play finished at 6.30pm).

I hope they get sanctioned for it but I doubt it as I haven't seen any news on them getting penalised for their slow over rate in the first test. Apart from a Darryl Mitchell bomb that ended up in some lady's pint of Thatchers what other delays weren't out of England's control. Certainly wasn't taking wickets.... Asking the umpires to check the shape of the ball every 5 minutes isn't going to help them much either

by Keefy
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The trip across the Nullarbor so far. Currently just out of Norseman.

Have either free camped or cheap camp sites. Stopped at the Bight Marine Park to see the Southern Right Whales.

14 holes played of the Nullarbor Links golf course. What an experience so far. Still 5 weeks of travelling to go

by Keefy
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

Josh Kennedy kicks his 700th goal as an Eagle

by Keefy
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Off to Perth tomorrow until Tuesday, best places within an hour of the CBD to check out? We have a car Go for a walk around Elizabeth Quay
Head up to Hillary's as well
See if you can get in a tour of Optus Stadium. Didn't get there when was over there but did watch a game

Go for a drive up the Swan Valley as well, plenty of places to check out there

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20, 2022 World Cup

Keefy wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
carey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Great start from Pakistan.
Has anyone seen the crowd figure at the MCG tonight?

It was a sell out.
It'll be absolutely pumping there!
Are we in India or Australia?

90,293 there tonight

by Keefy
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

now the rain has arrived

might make things interesting, reckon Ireland would be in front in the run rate right now

will affect the NZ game as well

think the Poms needed to be at 110 Yup, England are 5 runs behind on DLS

Cut-off for a restart is only a few minutes away

by Keefy
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game over

Ireland win

by Keefy
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Halfway to a promoters dream final

by Keefy
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

Jim05 wrote:All out 15, what a absolute debacle
That is now the lowest T20 score ever

Previous record was held by Turkey with 21

by Keefy
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There have recently been some rumblings of amendments to the playing season based on clubs player availability and aging demographics. Additional to this, there were suggestions of weeks off throughout the season for things like the Adelaide test match. I think since the pandemic, more people are inclined to want to miss weekends of cricket for events like this, and I think it's possible to add that weekend off to our schedule.

This competition remains unique from a hard wicket perspective, with most other associations opting to become primarily one day cricket comps. I feel that we should lean in to what we do, and embrace two day cricket, rather than shifting to one day cricket. Therefore, I am suggesting that each team plays eachother once throughout the season in a two day game, with no one day games in between (unless there is a heat/rain effected first day where this would then become the only option). This adds higher stakes to each result and will mean the ladder at the end of a season will be tighter than they've ever been. With this in mind, I feel the association should allow cross section slash players, meaning a player could play week 1 in section 3, and week 2 in section 1, or vice versa.

Further changes to the schedule would include a weekend long T20 carnival in December to get clubs playing 2-3 of their T20 round robin games in a single weekend. This is at the same time as the T20 Big Bash League and around school holiday time. This will also mean less need to source grounds mid week and will allow some clubs who may not have the facilities available on week night to then join the competition.

I would also recommend the association approach the Fleurieu & Districts Cricket board and request inclusion in the Meyer Shield association competition. Either this, or approaching ATCA and re-establishing a yearly Association match. This can be factored in to future fixturing.

Regular season finals structure should take a similar approach to how the BBL function, with the below structure:

Beginning with the Eliminator, the sides that finish fourth and fifth will clash in a 'win or go home' match, with the loser eliminated and the winner proceeding to the Knockout.

The Knockout will see the third-placed side clash with the winner of the Eliminator, with the loser of the Knockout eliminated from the running and the winner progressing.

Prior to the Knockout, the Qualifier between the top two sides will take place, with the winner moving straight into the Final.

The loser of the Qualifier will then face the winner of the Knockout in the second last final of the series, the Challenger.

The Challenger will then decide which club will join the winner of the Qualifier in the Final, with the victor moving on to the deciding match while the loser will be eliminated.

The Final will be hosted by the side that won the Qualifier, with all other finals to be hosted by the highest-seeded side.

Below is how the regular season would look:

Round 1
14 & 21 October

Round 2
28 October & 4 November

Round 3
11 & 18 November

Round 4
25 November & 2 December

OFF
9 December (Test Match Weekend)

ASCA T20 SMASH
16 & 17 December

Round 5
6 January & 13 January

OFF
20 January (Meyer Shield/Association Weekend)

Round 6
27 January & 3 February

Round 7
10 February & 17 February

Round 8
24 February & 2 March

Finals Week 1
9 March & 10 March

Finals Week 2
16 March & 17 March

Finals Week 3
23 March & 24 March

Keen to hear some thoughts.

For older players it is easier to play one day cricket than 2 day cricket. The toll on the body is from fielding and bowling for a complete day while with one day cricket you only need to do it for half a day - a lot easier on the body.

More and more players are starting to favour one day cricket. The assocation needs to take this into account. Keep in mind its the player who play, not the administrators. Have you got a crystal ball to know how the premiership table will look at the end of the season. The table will look like it does depending on how the teams perform during the season.

Players play in one game at a time, not week one in one section and then the second half in another game. If they start to do this it will make many more things difficult such as finals selection. Having players play two half matches you are hoping that they influence the result of the lower section match. Is that fair to all and within the spirit of the game?

You say play everyone once in a two day game, but you have 8 minor rounds. How many teams are going to be in each section?

Your proposal has round 4 finishing on the 2 Dec and if a player isn't playing in the T20's their next game is 6 January and then have another week off before starting the next game on a long week end. That is potentially 1 game in 7 weeks.

Keep the 7 and 7 format . It is a good mix for all. Remember that it was all two day cricket a number of seasons ago. Why was it changed? you want to go back to the past. I believe your idea is good for people who only want to play cricket when they have nothing better to do. Is that what the association wants? I don't think so. Leave the format alone.

Need to sort out the clubs who nominate ex number of teams at the beginning of the season, then to only start forfeiting games and eventually pull a team out.

Sections 9 and 10 are totally disjointed.

Some of those rumblings have probably come from a club who wanted the weekend where it was 38 degrees cancelled becaise the team is full of over 50's.

How about they get proactive and attract juniors to the club. Clubs with no junior programs will eventually fold.

by Keefy
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Last over of the womens final saw SA needing 4 runs to win with 5 wickets in hand.

Carnage saw them lose 5 for 2 to lose by 2 runs under duckworth lewis

by Keefy
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

DOC wrote:Mt Barker play at Hanson Oval. They do not play there. Yet.
Nope, definitely play at The Summit during the HFL season and looks like the women are playing their too now.

by Keefy
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Jim05 wrote:Erasmus is a cheat
How could he not give that

by Keefy
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starting at 7pm weather permitting? On the Wisden daily podcast I listened to this morning they said play will start 15 mins earlier (7.15pm here) and finish an extra half an hour later (so essentially an extra hour with the extra half hour they always use anyway).

No mention of a start time on Cricinfo commentary yet. Normal start time. First 2 sessions will be extended by 15 minutes to make up the half hour

by Keefy
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was about to book a week at the Wilkadene cottage (next to the brewery up in the Riverland) for us and a couple of friends when I got an email saying I'd won a River Revival voucher for $200 and it includes the Wilkadene Cottage!
Bonus!
Trip booked! I got a $750 voucher so looking forward to spending that one

by Keefy
Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This from one of the great antagonists of the gameImage

by Keefy
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I think we should just be playing one day cricket exclusively I don't want to see our competition compromised because one team in Section 10 just wants to play one day cricket.
Our competition is fair and equal with the 7 and 7 format and is one of the competitions strengths IMO. I think if you want to play one day cricket, go find a comp that is solely that.

I love the format that ASCA offers. Have always played 2 day cricket in previous comps involved in

by Keefy
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coming home on the H30 bus, saw a few blokes practicing on the pitches behind Adelaide High

I'd be worried if I were Coromandel

Has Billabong flooded with all the rain we’ve had this week? Maybe still building the stands for the massive crowd thats expected tomorrow

by Keefy
Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

DOC wrote:He does. 101 off 40 balls.
Now the fastest World Cup century. Markram made his off 49 balls

by Keefy
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never in my 35 years of ASCA have I seen such an aggressive game of cricket, that was played on one of the ovals at Victoria Park. The game was Grand Masters v Western Youth in Section 9
It was getting fairly close to being physical. Any idea what went on?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk Poor umpiring from what I can gather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking at the scores on playhq, a bloke dropping down from section 3 made 211* for WYC.
I'd be pretty upset too. Apparently a week 1 player only according to their facebook page, but only 11 named on Play HQ

Mind you Grand Masters can push the limits with appeals and decisions

by Keefy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.facebook.com/reel/830289718895038?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Out, or not out?

I'll give you the results after you decide.

Ps. Totally computer illiterate, so hopefully it works Couldn't get it to work, but have now seen the video on a facebook page

That is out everday of the week and yes i know the outcome

by Keefy
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

This is such a boring game to watch. Just batting practice for Pakistan on an absolute road, and bat off between Harris, Bancroft and Renshaw for the Aussies. No intent by either team and be called off by Lunch tomorrow :shock:
Which really matters not as we won’t be unchanged all summer (opening combo).

I always thought it was a limited overs match and more of a novelty match, a chance for the touring side to meet the PM over a few froffies at Kirribilli house and unload some bombs in the pool. Used to be a one day game. A couple of old blokes, mixed with a heap of younger players and an unknown local was the make up of the team

Sounds good to me, the touring side should play a 4 dayer against the reigning shield winner.

I know the Poms used to make sure we played low division teams for tour matches. Back when tours were proper tours especially when Australia went to England, they would play a lot of the county teams who would always make sure they were full strength.

In between tests the Aussies would ay some of those lower ranked teams

Same when teams came out here, touring sides would play warm-up games against the state teams and even at times games between tests.

I guess the way the schedule is structured now and the amount of cricket played, those type of tours and warm-up matches are a thing of the past

by Keefy
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

another grub wrote:what day is it/
HoliDAYs

by Keefy
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

gadj1976 wrote:Some pretty ordinary dismissals there for the South Aussies.
Nah, they are pretty standard dismissals for that mob

by Keefy
Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Well done!
Surely Hags should be looked at for the Strikers job next season.
Done everything he can at Grade level.
I’d even have him coaching the Redbacks next year as Dizzy hasn’t improved the system one bit.
I dare say he's zero chance while Time Nielsen is still in charge. :? Nielsen is stepping down at seasons end

https://www.saca.com.au/news/3912152/saca-announcement-tim-nielsen?fbclid=IwAR0_wQNAscVXC94t1KcpM5e03UZ3AuZrlJ8ygjZ94DkS_EwDsHiM1l231_I

by Keefy
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

dedja wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Mick Molloy
Am I missing something?
I find him as funny as genital warts

You’re not on your Pat Malone there.

Sam Pang is just as bad.

Throw in Dave Hughes and Peter Helliar whilst we’re at it.
Might as well add Judith Lucy to the list too

by Keefy
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |