Search found 157 matches

Return

Re: Dear Dr REB....

Dear Ring of Fire,

any prolonged exposure to the staining agent Nasser Hussain is always going to result in an inflamed rectum. The prolonged hatred of this agent towards our species is toxic to all Australians and will result in an uncontrollable urge to defecate repeatedly. Interestingly enough, Dr Turdmore wrote of this effect in The Lancet . The disease you have been suffering from is Nasser Hashitmeitis. Please take three India v Australia One Dayers and see me in the morning.

Due to patient-doctor confidentiality, I am unable to disclose whether or not Mr Broad has his testicles tucked away, Peter Griffen like on his chin. However, you do not need to read the case notes to confirm the obvious.

regards,

Dr REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

Dedja
Coulter Nile did most things right when trying to catch that ball
It was a good enough effort , in my opinion
Does not deserve to be rubbished by you or anyone else for that effort
Sorry Mal I disagree.
I would think that nearly every other player out there would of taken that catch. Lyon and Harris in particular have taken some rippers at fine leg.
Coulter-Nile positioned himself poorly and paid the price
by Jim05
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

If found guilty the accused should be shot.
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Cfs volunteers
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Good old South , just as we slowly stop laughing at the Glenelg jokes too.

Oh for a 9 team competition again.

Any idea what South have done wrong?

Since 1964, everything?
And before 1964 they had 19 years of total incompetence. In an 8 team comp the highest they finished between 1945 and 1963 was 6th. So they have had one good year in 76 years. Only St Kilda is worse.

And people like me are still here.....
by westcoastpanther
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Pseudo
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

Could have saved them some money and time.

The competition formerly known as.
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Until you've played test cricket, you can't be taken seriously.
by Q.
Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:Good thing too, imagine how bunchy those knickers would be if it did exist.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bunchier than Pseudo's cluster of haemorrhoids.
by Q.
Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

As I had mentioned in the SAAFL Div 6 forum. Hirdy's missus has just re-opened a sour jar of pickles and landed him in deep s**t again. Why couldnt he just accept the punishment ( got off lightly I thought ) and move on.
Lets just get on with it so the board can decide on who to coach us long term and take us to our next premiership. In my thoughts, keep Bomber Thompson on and go from there.
Is it definate?

Maybe cos she's a glory seeking, spoilt brat who stupidly believes her husband is truly innocent?
She is a very smart and successful lawyer, doubt she would be commenting unless she had reason.
Im all for the Hird's having their day in court and bringing down others just dont do it whilst we are paying for it or get the club involved. Hird needs to be removed from the club and then he can do what he likes
by Jim05
Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Why does anyone wear a suit?
by The Sleeping Giant
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with Bevan Spencer von Einem and his mates than taking out another team's membership, but that's me.
I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with another team's membership than take out BSVE and his mates...

Except the Groggies, gotta draw the line somewhere ...

I think bringing in extremely sensitive and sick posts is a disgrace. You low life . You scumbag. You should be ashamed of yourself . It's a footy forum ,why don't you trying posting footy comments . His posts should be deleted they are disgraceful. Post about footy if you have the ability.
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buying a product that i wanted at a certain supermarket,thought by reading the ticket its on special,scan it at the self serve and find that they are charging full price ask the worker why and the response its only a special for everyday reward customers that have the card.
Yes that is a cunning trick.
When it happened to me, I said, "Then I don't want it, credit it!" , and they gave me the discount anyway.

I've since got their rewards card for the convenience of not having to keep track of that, but have ignored their exhortations to sign up to the allied frequent flyers programme, and usually don't bother to activate their emailed discount offers which require you to spend more than you usually do.

(Despite being a Woolworths shareholder I tend to spend more at Coles because they usually have more of the products I want.)
by Psyber
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

I reckon as recently as his last year at Collingwood he was still the best coach in the league. As for the game passing him by take a look at Carlton's list. At full strength they could go 7-10. Minus Waite, Henderson, Thomas and Kruezer they are a shocking team. Soft as butter with more sheep dogs than Footrot Flats. The goers in the team such as Robbo and Armfield are limited. Experienced players such as McLean are lucky to get a gig. Warnock is shite and Carazzo is done.

Too much falls to too few. Judd, Simpson and Walker are three players who look to be carrying more than they should. Mick didn't want Murphy as Captain and I think this point of view has been vindicated more often than not despite Murphy's best efforts. There have been very few positives...I belive Levi Casboult has come on a treat this year, Gibbs has shown he can win the hard football and young Menzel looks to be a real player.

The club made the wrong move getting Mick and seriously overestimated their list's ability to win the flag. Judging Malthouse by his Carlton stay is like judging Pagan from his. Mick has a history of bringing up ordinary teams to be contenders but Collingwood 2002 and Footscray 1985 would absolutley pump Carlton 2014.

Has he lost the plot? Probably. The job is harder than he thought it would be. The cull should have happened last summer, not this summer. Is he a shit coach...um....no way. He would have been gone long ago if he was. Is he second to none....well, I'd have a few ahead of MIck.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

Does that mean you're coming Ecky?

Long time between drinks.
No, because I'm not going anymore I don't care if the whole world knows that the best place to park at Prospect is the other side of Main North Rd, or at Unley the dead end street one street north of the Oval etc...

That'll be handy to know for when Glenelg plays Sturt last week.
by maxyoz
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Port absolutely gifted that game. The umpiring was a disgrace.
by cennals05
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

When clubs at all levels build a "culture" with talk about being selfless, showing yourself and your team mates respect, knowing when "it's your turn to go", leaving your ego at the door for the betterment of all etc etc it's pretty ******* rich to think Hird could come back and coach at AFL level, any level, for that matter.
by Booney
Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Boob lady :lol:

by Footy Chick
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

OK. After 3 hours of not talking , I finally thought hey that's enough sulking for a grown man and told the missus I was going to the shop.

I want to say thanks to the Panthers for a great ride this season. I went to most home games and the odd away game. Plus all 3 finals.
Most games I went with the "Old Man", who was 16 the last time South won the flag .
So it's his fault I ended up following a team that I have never seen in a Grand Final.

I thought I better text mum to see if he was ok , as at the final siren he looked liked someone had stolen his last dollar.

Mum's text " He said he is jacked off cos they played well and got pipped at the post by imports. He has followed them for a long time. He is eating chocolate and he seldom does" ( diabetic ).

South Australia sometimes gets described as a "backwater" , but we love our state and our local footy. This is something people involved with the AFL and other states just don't get and will never get !!!

Good Luck to the Legs next week.
by The Panther
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

dedja wrote:Faark me, for the first time in my life I'll be ... barr ... supp ... foll ... Nor ... um, the Red ...

NOOOOOOO, I just can't do it!

Who needs Glenelg supporters during Grand Final week? Especially against Port. Thanks but no thanks. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Achieving the teacher holy grail of permanency! More than a little excited by it
by RustyCage
Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

Pretty sure it was exaggeration in the pursuit of humour.

Calm down mal :)
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Reckon Ill get back to the Bay in 2015 after having my protest in 2014 and not attending a game, mainly for my kids who have been asking why we aren't going anymore, the heart strings are pulling me back a bit as well, even though my head says I should stay away. Although don;t think Ill be attending anywhere near as many games as I used to as I got used to going to the SFL last year every Sat,
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

I believe we've all forgotten the age old rule that you can't have an opinion on this cricket forum unless you've played test cricket.

#bringbackAH
by Q.
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

bagging a bloke for making 99... wow!!! Seen it all...
by woodublieve12
Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Justice done ... the police officer has been found not guilty in the Shahin case.

Judge fires both barrels at the DPP and Senior Police for wasting his and members of the jury time.
by heater31
Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

dedja wrote:Abbott doing everything possible to ensure he's booted out of the PM chair.

First he reinstates knighthoods, then he awards one to ... Prince Philip ... WTF???

WADH.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422275907.742999.jpg
by RustyCage
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know why everyone's talking about boycotting OTR, I always enjoy his posts.
by RB
Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have time to make things.

by Booney
Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WB12, you made that quickly ;)
by Brodlach
Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Interesting to note - Labor cops a lot for being unstable - which it was during government - but since John Howard's demise Labor has had three leadership changes, as have Liberal.

Again proving they're both the same as each other.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

The majority of us think he was in the wrong place and should not have been where he was.
The majority of us think he should have been charged and jailed.

But this is where, for me, the debate centres:

If he was so guilty (which is what the majority of us think), why the hell did the Americans have to create a trumped-up charge that had no basis in law? It's pretty obvious he was guilty of something and should have been jailed, why and how did the Americans screw it up so badly that they couldn't charge him with an existing law that would not see his conviction overturned?

David Hick is Australia's new Ned Kelly - he's become a folk hero to the disaffected because, while he may have been guilty, he was persecuted by the law and treated unfairly. He has become a pariah and as time progresses and the basis of his story becomes shrouded in the mists of time, his myth will grow. All because the Americans went above the rule of law and were supported by the Australian government.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Our future is looking very bleak :( As a young ASC worker, doing my apprenticeship there and a qualified tradesman for a year now I plead to the government to look after South Australian employment and provide my fellow tradesman work mates and I with future work and help ensure our working future.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

When people post like this, I think that they only believe in legal fairness when it suits them. Right or wrong, he's from our country (to turn a well-known phrase around) and our country expects people to be treated within the law and receive a fair trial - whether right or wrong.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dedja back and living up to his signature 8)
by Jimmy_041
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

dedja wrote:Correct weight.

The Laws of Cricket are easily found, but I’m yet to sight an offical published version of the Spirit of the Game.

Absolutely. If anyone doesn't like the laws, campaign to have them changed/rewritten, instead of hiding behind the 'spirit of the game' line.
by spell_check
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct weight.

The Laws of Cricket are easily found, but I’m yet to sight an offical published version of the Spirit of the Game.

Thought I would post this for you.
The Spirit of Cricket is written as a preamble to the laws of cricket.

This is a copy and paste of the Spirit of Cricket...

THE PREAMBLE – THE SPIRIT OF CRICKET

Cricket owes much of its appeal and enjoyment to the fact that it should be played not only according to the Laws, but also within the Spirit of Cricket.

The major responsibility for ensuring fair play rests with the captains, but extends to all players, match officials and, especially in junior cricket, teachers, coaches and parents.

Respect is central to the Spirit of Cricket.

Respect your captain, team-mates, opponents and the authority of the umpires.

Play hard and play fair.

Accept the umpire’s decision.

Create a positive atmosphere by your own conduct, and encourage others to do likewise.

Show self-discipline, even when things go against you.

Congratulate the opposition on their successes, and enjoy those of your own team.

Thank the officials and your opposition at the end of the match, whatever the result.

Cricket is an exciting game that encourages leadership, friendship and teamwork, which brings together people from different nationalities, cultures and religions, especially when played within the Spirit of Cricket.

by Insider_Trading
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to be an interessting run chase, lose a couple early and will be more than interesting.

Very late night coming up
by locky801
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:ZERO footwork from Trav and he goes. 1/4.

ZERO footwork from Maxy and he makes 201* :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Telstra sending out an email today titled "Helping you to keep connected" :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

southernbulldog wrote:Norwood recruiting themselves to flag favourites

Not sure what they have brought in, so far, comes close to replacing what has left, so far.
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Easy mistake, who decided that inflammable and flammable are not opposites.

Faarken English.

by spell_check
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why someone who has been disqualified from driving 11 times has never been gaoled, then kills someone after being disqualified again 8 days prior, and after all that, is released on bail. :twisted:

Totally with ya Dedja , Shows how stuffed the system is and has been for many years with disqualified drivers

In my SAPOL days we always arrested disqualified drivers and refused bail because under the old system they were actually breaching a Court order, these days u get disqualfied for almost anything (some petty and not serious like mobile phone usage) and most continue to drive anyway, then again i know of cases where people have been baield on murder or manslaughter charges which is a joke :evil:
by locky801
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

2024 Opening Round

Thursday, March 7
Sydney v Melbourne, SCG, 7.20pm AEDT

Friday, March 8
Brisbane v Carlton, Gabba, 6.50pm AEST (7.50pm AEDT)

Saturday, March 9
Gold Coast v Richmond, Heritage Bank Stadium, 3.20pm AEST (4.20pm AEDT)
Greater Western Sydney v Collingwood, Giants Stadium, 7.30pm AEDT

Full fixture out tomorrow, but Round 1 will have:
Carl v Rich Thurs night MCG
Coll v Syd Fri night MCG
Ess v Haw Sat MCG
Geel v StK Sat night GMHBA
Melb v WB Sun MCG
Port v WC Sun AO
Freo v Bris Sun Optus

So we could be 0-2 after round 1. Makes sense.
by gadj1976
Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People who confuse lobsters and crayfish.
by Booney
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Banner ads

dedja wrote:Boon, a crayfish is yours if you can walk Gaz through this. :lol:

EFA
by Brodlach
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Good to have you back. :D
by Booney
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazelwood doesn't deserve 10 overs tonight?

Was going to say the same thing :shock:

Cummins does this every match, he never bowls him at the death, but he always has couple of overs left and is always our most economical bowler? If you don’t think he can bowl at the death, then use him up earlier. Seems bizarre to me.
by Eagles2014
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is like old school middle overs ODI cricket, enthralling contest so far.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |