Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction.
by Brucetiki
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg breach Covid

Interesting that the last club to get their COVID plan up to scratch is also the first one fined.
by Brucetiki
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

After every cafe between Gawler and Gepps was seemingly fully booked out yesterday morning I reluctantly had to opt for Caffe Primo Munno Para as a last resort.

It didn't let us down, the noise in there sounded like a McDonalds playground, our coffee's took 20+ minutes even after jokingly gesturing to accept any coffee's as ours as they were bringing them out, the poached eggs were hard and mushy, the bacon was cold as was the chorizo and the plate had more mushrooms presence than Woodstock.

Added salmon to the smashed avo with poached eggs, bugger all added and them eggs were shithouse too, the avo sauce was actually nice though.

For what the menu looked like vs what was served up it was a thorough disappointment.

1/10, on the never to visit list.

Primo Quality :D
by Brucetiki
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

4 weeks of long service leave as of tonight!
by Brucetiki
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Looks like Centrals have left long time apparel supplier JAX, with Belgravia (New Balance) coming on board.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/apparel-partnership/
by Brucetiki
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Peter Page Hyundai will become the club's major sponsor for the next 2 years.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/major-sponsors ... ouncement/
by Brucetiki
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Given the propensity of both sides having goalless quarters this season, shall we just call it a goalless draw :D
by Brucetiki
Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Why weren’t the lights turned on? Was dark half way through the third quarter at the ground.

If they can’t afford it, surely the SANFL covers the cost as they made it the TV game.
Wouldn't have mattered who paid the power bill, judging by the spaghetti of wiring hanging from one (that I noticed) of the towers, I'm guessing they were in no state to be switched on anyway.

They get switched on most nights during the year for training, and we did play a night trial match earlier in the year.
by Brucetiki
Mon May 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

Dogs last 4 at the Parade…(for the record)

13 goal win
16 goal loss
3 goal loss
3 goal loss (Hoskin 6 Butch 3) got within a goal late in the last as I recall

Centrals actually won the 2019 game at Norwood by 3 goals. It was the most recent away win Centrals had before they beat Sturt at Unley the other week.
by Brucetiki
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cringeworthy Ads

Failed Creation wrote:Also, every ad for Home & Away.

It's hard not to laugh at all the terrible acting skills on display.

My Facebook memories today are of last year's 'Lockdown' - one post was that 7 had rolling coverage all day/evening...except for Home and Away.

Priorities :D
by Brucetiki
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

The Lochowiak brothers have moved across to Centrals

https://cdfc.com.au/news/lochowiaks-lan ... CCraRPEFGo
by Brucetiki
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

The analyst wrote:Be an interesting Centrals v Sturt couple of matches next season. Will be a bit like Sturt League v Sturt Reserves

Somewhat like how the Brisbane Bullets was Adelaide 36ers-lite a couple of years ago
by Brucetiki
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Advertiser reporting the State game vs Western Australia will be played on a Friday at 3 pm (curtain raiser to AFL match) :shock:

Seriously, that is a joke. Who will be there to watch, be lucky to be 100 people.

Play it stand alone on Saturday at the Bay, even 2k there be good atmosphere. Or just get rid of the game altogether :evil:

Are they proactively trying to kill off any lingering interest in the game?
by Brucetiki
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Admission prices

I reckon the last time I paid at the gate it was $5 or $7.
Get a membership with a season pass, works out to about $7 a game still and the money goes to your club.

gfc season ticket cost $240 which is $13.33 per game
Yep, Norwood the same.

The real value has gone these days.

I have no issue paying this for a season ticket I know I’ll use also knowing 100% of this money goes to my club.

I paid $275 for my Centrals season ticket - which includes SANFL Now access (and, with that, digital editions of the Budget every week).

That's roughly $15.25 a game, with a Budget included, and easy access to live/on demand matches (the AFL app is good if you're watching on your phone but only supports AirPlay for casting on to a TV).

Plus, 100% of the money going to the club. Still a worthwhile investment IMO.
by Brucetiki
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2023

The Grandstand at X Convenience Oval now named the Kris Grant Stand
by Brucetiki
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 6 EAGLES VS DOGS MAUGHAN THIEM OVAL SAT 2:10PM

Surprised that we go in as favourites on their ground, one I don't believe we have a good record on.
We will need to put in a much better effort than we did in the last quarter last week. Having said that, our overall form has been very pleasing.
Eagles by 14 points.

Centrals are 3-3 against the Eagles at Woodville since 2017, which would be one of the better away ground records they've had in recent years.
by Brucetiki
Thu May 11, 2023 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 6 EAGLES VS DOGS MAUGHAN THIEM OVAL SAT 2:10PM

Safe to say the highlight for Centrals today was the SANFLW side clinching a spot in the finals for the first time in their win after the men’s game this evening (in a score that was largely a reversal of the men’s score)
by Brucetiki
Sun May 14, 2023 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

It was a Doggies demolition in the Preliminary Final today, dominating the game from the outset and not giving Norwood as much of a sniff.

While the Dogs asserted their authority in the first half, it was the third quarter where they ran away with it, with a big 4 goals to 1 third quarter to put the game beyond doubt.

The win tops off a perfect weekend for the club, winning all their matches (Men’s League, Women’s League, Reserves, u/18’s, u/16’s, and Wheelchair League) across the weekend.

Fun facts:

- Centrals first Preliminary Finals wins for both the men and women were against Norwood (men in 1995, and of course the women this year).
- Centrals will play South in the Grand Final next weekend - the one side the men’s side have yet to meet in a Grand Final.
by Brucetiki
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

What a Grand Final! Probably the best SANFLW GF to date.

It was tense. It was ferocious. It was not for the faint hearted. Both sides played their hearts out all game. South put the scoreboard pressure on in the first half, kicking the first 3 goals, but a late goal from Centrals in the second quarter kept them in the game.

The third quarter was dominated by Centrals, except on the scoreboard, where they kicked a team dodo (0.6) before a last second goal brought the margin back to 4 points at 3 quarter time.

It was clear this was going to be one hell of a last quarter, and South had the first punch with the first goal of the quarter. Centrals responded, and it was still under a goal the difference 6 minutes in to the last quarter.

The rest of the game was pretty much camped in Centrals forward half, as Centrals fought and fought and fought and tried to find a way to crack South’s defence, which has been stingier than Centrelink all season. But the discipline from South’s defence began to crack late in the game. First there was a free to Rosenzweig 35 out dead in front. Everyone thought this was going to be the game winner - even the men’s league players behind the goal had moved down to the fence ready to celebrate. She lined up, kicked it…and it hit the post!

You wondered if that was it and South would cling on for the Premiership. A couple of minutes later, another free. This time to Teague. With the clock passing 19 minutes, you knew this really was Centrals last chance. This was Teague’s chance to win it all for her club. I was hoping like hell she’d nail it through, but as we saw two minutes earlier, anything is possible. She starts lining up…

25 METRE PENALTY!!!!

Well that took any doubt out of the shot as she advanced to the goal square, then gave us all a brief scare by just slamming home the goal while the umpire was lining her up. By then, you knew the ball wouldn’t make it back to the centre in time, and it was party time for the Doggies as they win their first SANFLW premiership, and first premiership of any sort at the club since the men’s 2012 Reserves flag!

What a game!

While a lot of South supporters have, frankly, embarrassed themselves and their club, you can’t say the same about the club itself. They were gallant in defeat and their captain an incredibly classy speech in the post-game presentations, acknowledging the journey Centrals have been on in the SANFLW. She is a credit to her club.
by Brucetiki
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 15 DOGS VS LEGS COOPERS STADIUM SUNDAY 30TH JULY 2:10

This game will be on at the same time as South Korea v Morocco FIFA Women's World Cup match at the other Coopers Stadium.

Probably good that FIFA use the non-sponsored names for venues - could you imagine 10,000 South Korean/Moroccan fans getting the venues confused and rocking up to Norwood instead of Hindmarsh :D
by Brucetiki
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |