Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

No change for me the Eagles are equal top . So why would it change how I feel about SANFL !
by Mickyj
Mon May 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

RustyCage wrote:Up in the Riverland so have been trying a few places in Berri and Paringa.

Ahh cool
Just had a quick look on a fishing forum under freshwater not much since march
by Mickyj
Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 North v WWT @ Prospect Sunday 2.10

Don't know the problem. Maybe its also 25 season since North has won anything or is it 24.

1 1991 Played Sturt round 1
2 1992
3 1993
4 1994
5 1995
6 1996
7 1997
8 1998
9 1999
10 2000
11 2001
12 2002
13 2003
14 2004
15 2005
16 2006
17 2007
18 2008
19 2009
20 2010
21 2011
22 2012
23 2013
24 2014
25 2015
Just odd that the club has its 25 years celebration 4, yes 4 years after its 20 years celebration.

rather than complain online why not contact the club just saying that way this topic can die and let the suffering north people forget they lost again
by Mickyj
Sun May 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?

EDIT, I should add, I have more emotional appeal to my Ammo club these days. Sad, isn't it?

so why bother to comment if you have no interest ... just saying

Eagles hopefully
by Mickyj
Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Thanks guys
I am recovering slowly
I can't get into anything yet lol
And my adult kids refuse to let me go fishing haha
Which is good cause I can't work or drive yet
No idea about work docs are saying workcover work is unsure
But I'm getting there slowly
Or I'm possessed by a ghost lol
by Mickyj
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

It still comes down to 6 clubs voted yes, regardless of being hoodwinked or taken advantage of, they voted yes. If as you say the crows would have done anything to get in then again it's the fault of the 6 SANFL clubs for not getting more from them, shit they're semi professional organisations themselves but what you're saying amounts to them being as amateur as a high school SRC.
To be sure, it certainly has been amateur hour/year/years at Prospect. I won't resile from that. One thing that disappoints me is that North, a club making money hand over fist, felt the need to cower at the future of an SANFL without the Crows and Power pumping them up.

But to reiterate, the local clubs were, perhaps for want of a better word, vulnerable and the Crows peddled a solution. The Crows are powerful and wield massive influence. It can be easy to forget this given their considerable lack of on-field success for nearly two decades. It's naive to say that it was simply the clubs' decision to vote and that's that.

The point for me is this: if the Crows really gave a stuff about the SANFL, the organization from which it was founded from, and which it conveniently relies on when they have talk about history, it wouldn't have threatened its viability by inserting a practice squad into it for its own purposes. It already had a method by which second string players got a run . They just got greedy.
But it was a sh!t method according to both the SANFL clubs & the crows. Cant blame the crows for wanting a better method & to be on an even par as all the other AFL clubs.

Cracka I think one point you have hit on the head
SANFL has two AFL reserves in the competition
I think if the Crows are here playing every other team . Then either the Crows play by the same rules as Port .
Or Port are forced to play by the same rules as the Crows
Simple
Once Port accept its SANFL side plays every game at suburban ovals the better .
I hate to say maybe the Crows have an academy side I hate that port do but if port do then so should the crows
I'm sorry it's the 21st century Port must learn they left the SANFL and are a AFL team
by Mickyj
Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem

Picture this instead: The posts at each end shimmer as the heat rises from the floor of the collosus provincial amphitheatre. 30,000 voices raise in approval as the two foes appear

You Mean Like This? (Last years Crows game)

Kids Day Parade.jpg

The 500 in attendance will love it

With the carnival and work done with the Crows and local community It will be closer to 5,000 than 500.

Last years event attracted 4,679

In terms of average crowds v Crows here is how the 8 SANFL teams stack up over last 2 years.

v Crows 2014 2015 Avg Rnk
Glenelg 5963 2872 4418 1
Eagles 3429 3472 3451 2
Sturt 3305 2928 3117 5
Norwood 3302 2434 2868 3
North 3000 2196 2598 4
Central 2520 1651 2086 6
South 1971 1406 1689 7
West 1526 1640 1583 8

Should be a good crowd, even as we speak Phil is handing out free passes to Eagles members. :P

And again, just to be clear, again.

The Eagles do not have a pet membership

The Eagles have never had a pet membership.

Yes we do spend a lot of time connecting with Kids, but hey who wants the next generation knowing what the SANFL is?

That's great oppurtunity for the kids

But in no way will that equate to anything for the Eagles especially considering more than likely most of them were there to see the crows

Just a thought why not do something like that when you play an original SANFL club

I think you answered your own question there WHUFC

I'm not sure why fans from other clubs complain about kids playing a carnival then staying watching footy
If they are in the Eagles zone are good enough to make the league they play for the Eagles
Including any one from what Port Adelaide says is their heartland . It's promoting the SANFL setting a seed to support the SANFL
But Fans of other clubs who don't watch the Eagles play seen focused running them down really seems a strange thing to do .
If you fans hate them why beat your chests verbally at how bad they are doing having families with kids play a carnival .

Truthfully if the SANFL actually played the AFL seconds teams with the same rules either port Adelaide wouldn't have an academy side or the crows would and the need to play kids carnival games would not be needed
by Mickyj
Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

I honestly can't remember a club in recent history that has huffed & puffed so much as Port has, yet delivered so very little...

Traveling shit, microphones and questions galore, questions that need answering what would you like them to say?

"We give up. Can't be bothered. **** everyone. It was the umpires."

What huff and puff?

I think the umpires thing needs to be asked re western Bulldogs three games three reviews of umpiring .
I have no idea what's wrong with Port
But huff and puff I think that was fuelled by power fans ex players whatever in the media .
Just look they were all over port preseason then a few weeks in crows got attention crows loose port wins back on port
Port and crows loose guess media will commit suicide lol
Can't give you a reason why
Game plan coaches panel who knows ruck injuries recruiting mistakes
It's a footy team you get good then you get bad
by Mickyj
Sun May 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - WWT Eagles v North @ Prospect

I'm in no way backing up Holden but you know what they say a win is a win
Indeed Mickyj, the scoreboard tells the story. Eagles too good on the day, and for the best part of the last two decades.

However, I'm more than happy to point out to certain posters that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I have no issue with you doing that Magellan
The other week somewhere online I think a south fan was going on about how bad Wundke was re money and pies .
He wanted north fans to back him up
I did point out the other two former south players in eagle colours nothing .
I'm sure I've annoyed people before my injury and after my injury

Have fun Magellan
by Mickyj
Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:You can say that again!

I third that motion :lol:

Damn iPhone lol
by Mickyj
Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"My short-term memory has been erased. This, I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short term memory appears to have been erased. This, combined with the erasure of my short-term memory, has left me a little disoriented, disoriented, disoriented."

I like that can I use it next week with the job provider .

Honestly I can't recall the player or the young lady who came up to me in Rundle mall kept saying my name took her four mins to realise I had no clue who she was . She even told me we worked together at my last job of 21 years no clue who she was .
by Mickyj
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck micky hope all goes well for you in the end (mob of pricks)

I actually know what you mean about memory as i had to retire due to severe clinical depression and honestly there are things in that last 12 to 15 month both personal and work that i genuinely do not remember and when prompted still do not have a clue. Even now i can be very frustrating for my daughter when we discuss something and i do not remember.

Take care mate but be warned westies will be back in the 8 this year and we will be hunting the eagles in the grand final

Thanks oldfella guess the Eagles had to lose 2016 so I could remember how it felt
You take care to mate .
It is hard phone call before I turned 54,being told I'm old I don't medically take care of myself
My diabetes my BP and my head injury if all that didn't through me being told I have Centrelinks permission to attend the ENT department and get treatments . That last bit through me I kept trying to contact the ENT department ended up going on and seeing them.
I knew I was supposed to have an appointment but treatments no clue the ent department had no clue I wasn't on their computer for my review I am now but like me they have no idea about treatments .
So I thought while I'm there I'd tell the rehab docs name that was pushing for that appointment and Centrelink saying I have treatments .
I have found Centrelink either tells lies or runs with lies I was stressed out for days with that plus Centrelink telling me they had information I was lying and could drive again refused to tell me who told them I called up services SA no your blocked who told you Centrelink but thru can't access our system .
This is some of the shit I've been through other things like exemployer making me go to Hampstead daily for therapy because they decreed home therapy was not therapy . 8 hours for 7 days a week didn't happen thankfully
by Mickyj
Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldfella wrote:Your a legend mate

I've got to say it in my lunch box lol

Thanks old fella
by Mickyj
Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Dragan Tankosic

Watched him play for west Torrens
RIP
Sad times
by Mickyj
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Lol
I've read the Facebook sanfl page and it's not exactly brimming with positivity about how fantastic the league is and that crowds are at record levels with clubs just making so much money they don't know how to spend it

Ok I'll end it here
All I'll say is you guys are more doom and gloom than the liberal party out of office
I will let Wedgies work place alone

And calling me names or suffering from
Alziehmers you need to take lessons from a female solicitor that took over an hour yelling at me calling me worse

That's it from me
Carry on with the doom and gloom
by Mickyj
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

Final score
Eagles 18.8
Crows 5.4
by Mickyj
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2017

Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Butcher has issues last term wanted to start fights in front of me on the wing
Actually he wasn't alone

So it was your fault then? :lol:

Lol Wedgie
If I got in a fight I'd need an ambulance LmAo
by Mickyj
Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Magellan wrote:North have just announced the signing of Jarred Allmond from the Eagles.

Not sure what happened there he signed up for the Eagles now a rooster
Guess the transfer fee might pay for Eddy
by Mickyj
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

GMcG wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Big question that needs to be asked..........

Did Seb train with the Eagles tonight? ;)
by Mickyj
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |