Search found more than 2476 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Ahh, never watched it. Having seen those pics I'll stick with Rachel thanks very much. 8)
by Wedgie
Wed May 27, 2020 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Lightning McQueen wrote:Did somebody say KFC?

Their advertising must work because as soon as I read your post " I dont care, I love it" popped into my head. :lol:
by Wedgie
Wed May 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woohoo, my pub is opening up next Monday, boss just messaged me asking who was keen for shifts. I'm champing at the bit!
If I get shifts from next week that was quite pain free, a couple of months off work, bought a few things and saved money!
Would have been much prettier with Job Keepers though!
Hate to think how much more I weigh though. :?
by Wedgie
Wed May 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Brett wrote:If thats the case he is trolling ? Isn't that against the rules ? lol

So is posting nonsense but we let you stay.
by Wedgie
Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

101131318_3324787467534021_5939283361926217728_o.jpg
by Wedgie
Sun May 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Hubbards, geez there's a business name I haven't heard for years!
by Wedgie
Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

tipper wrote:The fact that somehow im the bad guy because i argued when someone tried to tell me whyalla is near pt pirie...

Only by ******* boat

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It'd only be 70kms if you flew too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 2019/20

Ridiculous that they're starting it again, should have just canned it and concentrated on getting the new season up and running in late August/early September since things have been so bad there. Rumours abound that players staff are still testing positive but its been kept quiet.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

A volunteer finding that young kid with autism in the Victorian bush after 2 nights in freezing conditions, appears alive and well!
I thought the poor kid was a gonner.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another case from Victoria. Any chance we can leave our borders closed to that disease riddled cesspool forever?
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A positive of Covid 19 is we got a letter today from the Jehovah's Witnesses today instead of a visit.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

It was changed from 45m to 50m in 2004.
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
Wedgie wrote:It was changed from 45m to 50m in 2004.
Just AFL grounds obviously?

Yes
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

The V guernsey both black and white versions are great, I agree its one of the best and that's with MY bias! ;)
Hate the turquoise version though.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has China Declared War on the ROW?

Your posts are almost poems!
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:The good news for the crows is that they are only 12 pints down at the moment. Should be 5 goals down at least.

I'd be downing more than 12 pints if I were a Crows fan right now.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Not sure if it’s been posted, are we going with shortened quarters this season?

No. SANFL keeping existing quarter lengths.
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Interesting that with most reviews of clubs/organisations, there is always an immediate spike in form, etc as a result.

Would there ever have been a bigger fall the other way as has happened to the Crows??

Doubt Dunstall and Pavlich will get any more invitations to conduct further reviews!

Maybe a bad sign for the Redbacks when Hussey releases his report this week!!
Reviews can recommend many things but its up to the club what they implement.
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

They should have games Monday to Friday during the day when I have nothing on! :twisted:

Thank you for putting that image in my head. :shock: :(
I can't unsee it now.
Sweet Geezus, my humblest apologies, I don't even look at myself in the mirror. Wasn't pretty before but discovered recently I put on over 10kgs over Covid too!
Who would have thought drinking all day playing computer games want good for your health?
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:What the **** did they do that the rest of Australia didn't?
Entitled under 35's have ****** it up....

If it was anything like here I've found the opposite, older people set in their ways (especially those from non english speaking backgrounds) have been the worst I've encountered.
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Can we please keep the Eagles in Qld longer since Geelong get their first draft pick this year?
Please and thank you.
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we need to be less hard on Victorians at the moment, it must be awful living there and at the end of the day 99% of the people that live there have done nothing different to us, its just a bigger place with lots of movement from overseas which we're lucky we don't get.
I've been as guilty as anyone and I know some people around the border who are in SA with Vic number plates are getting an awful time and I know its affected friends on facebook who now feel like lepars and I'm sure even our mate Corona Man (so ironic) has probably had enough of it too but probably doesn't want to say anything for fear of being branded a whimp or something.
I reckon we need to lay off a bit, enjoy our lifestyle and feel a bit of empathy for those over the border who can't enjoy the same things as us at the moment.
Just my 2 bob.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Is anyone dying from this anymore?

Only 529,000 so far.
Piss weak, world wars do worse but they were probably a conspiracy too.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg home match ticket holder from Mount Gambier rocks up at 11.30am, oh sorry, you're the 1001st person you have to go home.
Hate this haphazard approach to it.
For the record I'm a season ticket holder x 2 but will give them to someone else this week, don't like Glenelg at the best of times let alone if I had to get there early.

cmon wedgie you used to love the snouts!
Not even a football ground now, haven't lowered myself to that place since the grandstand roof blew away. Would only marginally surpass Unley now as a desired destination at least at Unley I didn't have to cross the road and get a carton to sell to the crowd on the hill.
Mind you, would you be able to get there at 11am, get a passout and go to the Holdy for 3 hours before coming back? Could be a fun but very ugly day! :lol:
Nah stuff it, am giving Ian and some other lucky person my season tix.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet geezus, I knew it would be a link to Pauline Hanson or Alan Jones even before I clicked on it.
If I relied on Alan Jones for what I thought was common sense I would never voice an opinion on anything anywhere ever again.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would have thunk the online version wouldn't work:

SANFL wishes to advise that the South Australian Football Budget will not continue for season 2020 due to the financial impact of COVID-19 and an ongoing decline in sales.

The Football Budget will be replaced by a 24-page printed SANFL Season Guide which will feature every club’s numbered squad list for the Statewide Super League and Statewide Super Women’s League.

The Guide can be purchased for $2 from Club merchandise stands or canteens on match day from this weekend.

SANFL General Manager Commercial Operations Neal Matotek said an insufficient number of fans had embraced the magazine’s digital edition trial in rounds one and two.

“As SANFL comes to terms with the significant shortfall in revenue caused by the coronavirus pandemic, together with the ongoing decline in print sales, the Football Budget continues to be negatively impacted,” he said.

Mr Matotek said the future of the Football Budget would be reviewed at the end of the season 2020.

Those who have subscribed to a full season of the digital Budget will have their subscription refunded on a pro rata basis. This process is currently underway.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

I'm not sure what is more ridiculous, the fact they've made this match the channel 7 match or the fact the league is on before the reserves.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awww, Sco Mo off on a family holiday next week, announces that just before he tells Victoria we are all with them, what a guy! :lol:
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

Central should consider moving the goals to the eastern and western sides of the oval.
They're not going to get caught offside today!
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Glenelg v North 1410 Glenelg

Oh sweet geezus we have HIM commentating the game, why oh why. And the chick. I might have to go to the pub I think.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Glenelg v North 1410 Glenelg

Spargo wrote:How many more frees in the forward line to North resulting in goals?
Hope Stone addresses this at halftime...

Yeah Glenelg a bit undisciplined tackling high quite a lot where North's tackling has been good.
Probably the only difference atm.
Im sure Stone will rip into his players about it.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Great win by Port and good to see Kenny enjoying it afterwards.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Shoukd have 19 players for one team and 18 for the other.
Only saw this experiment tried once and it was fantastic to watch.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaides response to Cornes'article is pure gold. Bravo Port Bravo! :lol:

The Port Adelaide Football Club is ecstatic to welcome Graham Cornes on board as an official ambassador of the club.

By portadelaidefc.com.au - 3 hrs ago

Graham Cornes has been bestowed the honour of official Port Adelaide Football Club ambassador thanks to his relentless endeavour to promote the club throughout his playing, coaching and media career.
Port Adelaide is delighted to announce this morning that Graham Cornes has been welcomed as an official ambassador of the club.

In fact, it is just one of many privileges Port Adelaide has bestowed upon the inaugural Adelaide Crows coach who was unceremoniously sacked by the club in 1994.

A Port Adelaide spokesperson said this morning it was now time to formally acknowledge the legacy of Cornes.

“After great consideration the club is delighted to welcome Graham officially as a Port Adelaide Football Club ambassador,” the spokesperson said.

“This morning’s article in The Advertiser titled ‘Stick it up your jumper’ is the 16,334th article Graham has written about the Port Adelaide Football Club which is remarkable given he’s only written 16,339 articles in his entire journalistic career.

“And no doubt this morning on Adelaide radio he will add to his 226,788 minutes of commentary on Port Adelaide that has dominated his 30-year radio career.

“To that end, we cannot think of someone who has discussed, promoted and elevated our club more than Graham so it is only the right thing that we welcome him on board in an official ambassadorial capacity.”

The club spokesperson said Port Adelaide’s recognition of Cornes would not stop there.

“Given Graham’s intimate knowledge of the history of our club it would be remiss of the club not to include him on our history committee,” the spokesperson said.

“Graham’s level of knowledge of our club is extraordinary, and without doubt he has become the oracle of Port Adelaide. As a result, we are proud to elevate Graham to Chairman of our History Committee effective immediately.

“However, we have saved the most prestigious and significant accolade of all to last.

“For his extraordinary contribution to the premiership success of Port Adelaide, we are excited to announce that the club will make a formal submission to the club’s Hall of Fame committee that Graham be elevated to the Port Adelaide Football Club Hall of Fame.

“It’s been something we’ve been considering for some time but the time feels right now. Graham has had an incredible impact on our club’s success. He has personally contributed to a remarkable five Port Adelaide premierships.

“When you think of our SANFL Grand Final victories of 1977, 1981, 1988 and 1990 one name always comes to mind – Graham Cornes.

“And then you fast forward to our greatest achievement of all time, the 2004 AFL premiership. Graham contributed again through his brilliant sons Chad and Kane both playing starring roles in our success.

“Today is a special day. We are delighted to welcome Graham to our club as official ambassador, Chairman of our History Committee and a potential inductee into our Hall of Fame.

“And thanks to the promotion from Graham our Black-and-white Prison Bar petition has gained further traction as we look to surpass 40,000 signatures in the coming weeks.”

by Wedgie
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Working in rec centres and whilst Job Keeper is helping with our P&L's its killing us at any operational level.

We have primarily a casual staff force. We had staff who were previously working 10 hours a week roughly $250 a week who are now getting $1,500 a fortnight whether they work or not.

Do you think the casual staff are making themselves overly available at the moment or will to pick up shifts etc when in 'their minds' they are working for free.

Yes legally we can terminate them if they refuse to work shifts but legally it's almost impossible to enforce especially being regional where reasons such as 'im in Adelaide', 'im helping out on the family farm' are legitimate regardless of whether we see otherwise on their social media etc.
Like several similar government policies it was well-intended but poorly thought out and implemented too hastily.

I would liken it to Kevin Rudd's $900 GFC payments. Not a bad idea, put some money out on the streets to stimulate spending - even if most of it went on Plasma TVs. But the implementation of it... My missus had gone on maternity leave in the year prior and her earnings fell just under the tax free threshold. Since she paid no net tax in the previous FY she got $0. Myself, I earned a little over the threshold at which the payment reduced. So we got $600 between us. Conversely, my dear old granny copped the full $900 - this despite the fact that she had passed away some months prior!

Now who is most likely to put the $ back into the economy - a couple with two small kids, or a dead person? Similarly the Job Keeper plan is well intentioned but poorly targeted.

Why?
Geezus, where to start?

People who werent earning a cent suddenly got $1500 pf, people making a living working full time suddenly got nothing.
Two people doing exactly the same job for exactly the same time could have one get it and the other not dependong on circumstances nothing to do with them.
Employers are abusing it, employees are refusing to work.
And they couldn't even get within 50 billion dollars when costing it.
I could go on for ever but thats the tip of the ice berg.
Most amateur effort ever by a governement.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

Pub meals were good and Highlights for me were the 23rd St Distillery tour and tasting as well as the Woolshed Brewery. That place is deadset awesome. Would be fantastic to rock up there in a houseboat and laze the day away with some tasty brews.

We did that but the only downer was it was about 45 degrees!
Highlight was 5 of us stagger down the hill drunkenly to the houseboat through the scrub on a treacherous quick path unscathed while the missus did the right thing and went down the pathway and fell arse over tit. :lol:
The hard lemonade went down a treat in the heat.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

thought Hender's free in the last for a shepherd off the ball was very fortunate.

Absolute shocker and a repeat of a free kick to Hender last week.
He flies ridiculously early jumping all over his opponent shoulders in an unrealistic attempt of a mark and both times the ump has paid the free to him for a shepherd. We were absolutely dumbfounded and I'm sure the one ump is the only person who would have paid it in the ground.
I would have been ropeable if I was a Dogs fan yesterday or Eagles fan last wek when it happened.
He also manages to pick up some high free kicks other players wouldn't which I'm sure is a result of his haircut accentuating any contact.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Sports doco series "Home ground" some crazy sports starting with the Italian fighting/rugby game in Florence

Is this on Netflix? I cant find it

Yeah but its called Home Game.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Popular?

You've never had a twang brambleberry beer?

The only upside of it is it’s still a 375ml can.

LOL, that was exactly what went through my head too!
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing calls for deportation. Where are they from
Their faces look like a baboon's arse so they are probably from Africa.

Poor form.
FFS have you seen the botox lips? It's a bit of humour. You blokes need to stop being so ******* serious about everything.
Must admit I took no offence from what you said as I though it was obvious you were referring to their ridiculous lips and not their nationality.
Maybe the others hadn't seen a pic of them yet and jumped to a conclusion?
Anyway, nothing to see here IMHO.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 150th Anniversary

Why don't Port wear their pink guernsey (which is their only historical colour they haven't worn yet in the AFL) like Juve occasionally do?
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rest of Australia needs the Vics to go to Stage 4, with no clear improvement from the restrictions to date, its only a waiting game for other states to cop a 2nd wave if they do not get a hold of this.

Agreed, shut down for August, absolute hard borders as in nobody goes through and contain this thing. The government will need mighty deep pockets for that to happen. With our reliance on goods from Victoria we would be crippled in a matter of weeks. Freight still needs to come and go but we should be looking at setting up a buffer zone and implementing testing for every border crossing
If you do one thing, and one thing only in SA, sure up your aged care facilities. That's the undeniable lesson to be learnt from us silly buggers over here.
Already being done, big article about it on the front page of the paper today.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 North v South 1410

Great game of footy today, was a fun day. REally happy with that win, I expected South to take the chocolates.

South Adelaide suprised tonight in going to the RSL and the North club rooms for a drink or two after the game, haven't seen that for many years, South Adelaide are all class and will go far this year.

Full kudos to the lads from South. Be interesting to see if the Sturt players do it next week.

The SANFL is the best this year since the 80s, absolutely love it. Best footy comp in the world.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:https://apnews.com/ef70c1af702b89c23e71fcd843e63293?fbclid=IwAR2wyz-zaF78QTyUpEiKbnjFNr66EkfR0P1hp56efdlDa3yy22QVRmGFK4g

Well done Germany, people are starting to wake, not before time

Excellent news, Germany have a great history when marching with lots of people following a politician foolishly.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Boyd tonight, a top family!
I did giggle at this photo shared on facebook from a few years ago.

rozzeewoodcock.jpg
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Stout, on it's own, just a bit too punchy for mine so the lager takes the edge off.

1 Heineken stubby : 2 Coopers Extra Stout stubby is the ratio.

*echoes

Hey Wedgie Dutchy Diss , Spargo's post is from 11:45 tonight and he is getting a "Can't post so soon after your last post" error.
That'll teach the prick to post from the future.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think crowds may get reduced back this weekend.
Word on the street is they will stay the same but as per pubs people will need to be seated to consume alcohol.
Bunnings could do a fine trade this week.

That could be an issue for the Grogs :lol:
Nah, the smarter ones bring chairs already. I have my two sitting in the RSL ready for use. ;)
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing Attire

Just on what players wear how the hell have players been able to get away with metal studs in their boots?
Even when I was playing 20 years ago it was a well known fact you couldn't have metal studs in your boots, never even considered it. I was surprised at the time that rugby players could wear them.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone got stats on stupid?
Is it getting worse?
Is it contagious?
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd like to apologise for the comment "Let the **** die, they don't give a ****"

I honestly would never think that, it was a terrible thing to say, a combination of alcohol and frustration there.
Been going out of my way for 5 months to help the virus not spread and will continue to do the same.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |