Search found more than 2494 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

Big Phil wrote:Not a lot of interest in the season opener 2 days out?

Still seems like another week of trials thanks to the ridiculous draw that has most clubs not involved in the opening round.
GG SANFL.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

huge interest in this one
First round doesn't start for most SANFL fans till next week.
I have no more interest in tonight's game or tomorrow's game than trial game scores.
Dumb arse SANFL making shorter seasons and starting a season off with a fart instead of a bang.

10 years ago I'd be at every game, did 4 games in one afternoon once!
Enjoyed the AFL on TV tonight though, even the soccer was more appealing if my team hadn't had 6 goals kicked against it! lol
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

MJ_23 wrote:Feel sorry for Thomas, looked really fit and over the ankle injuries and now substantial time on the sidelines again

Feel sorry for him?
If he didn't throw his arms in the air playing for a free kick and actually braced himself as most normal people would he would have been fine.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

Interested to find out who programmed a big game 300 meters apart on a Friday night last, the SFL or SANFL.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

Edited for accuracy
Maybe it's under way.
North Adelaide reserves have a 3 week break between their first game and their second game.
The boys must wonder why they bother with a tough 5 month preseason.
Surely a bit of amateurish programming by the SANFL.
Or a bit if a joke!
It's the luck of the draw, the fixture was stuffed up by the AFL clubs being in our comp
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

And early because their league side is on the box later. Don't you just love how we bend over?
Don't get me started on that, I've already got the club offside because of my comments on facebook about the time of the game.
I asked why they were bending over to the Crows and the blatantly lied to me saying it was to help people going to the Port v Sydney game at Adelaide Oval that night despite already admitting on their official site it was to cater for the 3 Crows supporters that might go to the game.
(and yeah as if we need a game to finish before 4 so people can travel the 10 minutes to Adelaide Oval for a game that starts 3 hours later)
Got an icy welcome at the club tonight and they knew who I was (I didn't have to spell out my name, they told me they knew who I was from facebook) when I just got a normal membership with home match pass downgrading from my Presidency group membership of the last few years which would have netted the club $1000s of dollars over the years. And even then the only reason I got a memership and home match pass was to save myself money for the season.
Lie to me, miss out on thousands of my dollars, simple.
Sneaking my beers in tomorrow and sending my spare cash South's way.
And going to make anyone wearing Cows gear unwelcome, if anyone has both North and Cows gear on, look out!

Smart work North, cater for a couple of wankers and bend over to your AFL mates and lose thousands of dollars yourself in the process as well as create an atmosphere where things are going to get uglier.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Bounce of the ball wrote:Crows on TV didn't help.

Should have helped as the North game got moved to accomodate it.
Stupid club pissed off more loyal supporters (and money) and it made no difference to the handful of Cows supporters.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

The SANFL missed the boat with crowds in round 1 by not scheduling 5 matches. There was no amateur or country footy on.
Shocking fixturing, letting the AFL teams in, shorter season, less rounds, ignorant clubs making stupid requests, the list goes on and on as to why crowds are as bad as they were. So many clueless people involved in the process.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can handle it if its for TV like it is this week.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Broadcasting

Suri wrote:The Ch 7 highlights of SANFL games is far behind what the ABC use to put out. The Ch 7 coverage has been disappointing

Wasn't C7 highlights we were complaining about, I've found Channel 7s game day coverage excellent and much better than the ABC.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^^
I was told by a player from NAFC as I asked for clarification about the whole story, the response was 'they can get stuff, they're not welcome in our club'... I've had some contact with Younie in the past he has come across a nice person and easy to talk to. Like I said he probable cop something from a fan and took it out on you, which still isn't appropriate.
I've known Heath for 15 years and have had heaps of contact, most of which I won't discuss on here.
Still think he's in a role very suited to him and wish him luck, a very professional guy usually who can be intense but I liken him to Mike Hussey with cricket when it comes to dedication and drive for his sport and role.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Green maggots came pretty naturally.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Glenelg v Central Fri 7.10

9th v 10th.
Spoon Day?
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Sturt Sunday 2.10

Might head along to this to see the debut of my girl being a trainer for the 'Thers. :D
Go South!
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - live scores and waffle

Great win Panthers, good debut by one of the trainers :)
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - live scores and waffle

johntheclaret wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Great win Eagles I was there couldn't believe it

What, you couldn't believe you were there ?

I can't believe half of the places I end up on Friday or Saturday nights. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

I can count 4 blades of grass out of place too.
Freaking cow paddock! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL club reserves restrictions

I'm all for that. But, then the SANFL would have about 1.5 million black hole. Then comp would be dead within 3 years...
What a load of toss!
Thats just a scare tactic the AFL clubs used into blackmailing the SANFL clubs, unfortunately the majority of clubs were gullible enough to fall for these lies
1. The fee to play in the competition
2. Crows are still paying their Dividend even when they don't have to no more.
The Crows save more money from getting free training facilities at West Lakes than what they pay to the comp.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Sturt Sunday 2.10

Everyone thinks we had these massive losses and we simply slide.....we recruited well and will be right there when the whips are cracking.
I didn't, thought the mighty 'Thers would be around the mark again. Only loss I really worried about was Brooksby as he was outstanding in an important position. I hope they make the GF this year, be good to see my daughter out on Adelaide Oval GF Day running water for the 'Thers! :)
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - North v South @ Prospect (Sat 25/5)

I'm hearing Johnston will be out 4-6.
South to win and North to once again have a banner miles better than anywhere else in the country.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Oh dear, lets blame Port or the AFL for 2004, 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1990, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1982, 1976, 1971, 1965, 1962, 1957, 1877-1955 also.
Tradition my arse.
Its only a tradition that the Anzac Day game is occasionally a replay of the GF and more so a tradition this century rather than the previous 2.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Now you're being extra silly.

Me being silly is a tradition! :D
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South 11 premierships isn't it?
The Power 1.
Won't happen in my lifetime.
The Powers not even a pimple on the Panthers arse yet and never will be.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quality>Quantity
Teeth/IQ>Waving scarves like nuffies
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Initiative probably the wrong word, effort probably more accurate.

You guys keep racking up those banner premierships ;)

We have to, we're no good at footy. ;)
If only our poker machines, alcohol bills and banners could kick goals. :(
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 live scores

Well done Norwood in abusing the Power to beat the AFL side and well done Bays in abusing the Power to stop the AFL side winning! :D
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - North v South @ Prospect (Sat 25/5)

Disappointing to lose Ah Chee with what looked to be an arm/shoulder injury. Has had a terrible run of luck.

North supporters would be frustrated with that performance.
Not frustrated, we did well to get as close as we did, South were a better drilled, skilled and coach side side today, even though the margin was closish for most the day it felt like the Mighty 'Thers were a 10 goal better side.

Kudos to the couple of south players I chatted to on their way out (including Darth Vader), top blokes and much friendlier than the Crows peanuts 2 weeks ago.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Disagree, much prefer the purple to dark blue, in fact one of their three original guernseys that was predominately green was my fav.
Loved the anchor too.

Back onto Port, just saw a video of Clarko smacking a wanker Power supporter baiting him, onya Clarko.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Looking at "Luke's" Facebook page and instagram account it'd be pretty safe to say he's a Port fan and even safer to say he's a dickhead.

People are making assumptions because his most recently "liked" club is North Melbourne but he's also liked Freo, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Adelaide as well as 4 Power pages. He has multiple pics up of Port triumphs but none of other clubs wins. Even was keen on a Port trial game earlier this year.

Looks like he plays for Hackham who wear brown and gold ironically!
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

im assuming this is the first time anyone has ever been executed in Indonesia?
Anyone from Australia, correct.

Brazillians are reacting the same as Australians over the death of Rodrigo Gularte who's story could be even more tragic than most suffering from mental illnesses and according to some not even knowing what was going on.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sat N 2/5)

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:They've got a SFL Under 16 game on beforehand so that'll double the crowd.

Atleast until the start of the league game.
How many will hang around, unfortunately I think most will leave straight after their game

My son won't as his lift home is a South trainer :D
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Didn't take the game on. Just chip chip chip, switch, then switch bank, then switch back again before chipping it around a bit more. Aren't going to win too many games of footy doing that.
When is Hocking going to cop some heat?
Their style is ordinary and should be playing alot better football with all the leg ups they have got
Its just training for their fringe players, he's doing his job.
by Wedgie
Sat May 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of ironic weeks for the Crows in the SANFL considering one of their previous catch crys was "the future's so bright we need to wear shades”

Maybe next year's can be " the future's so bleak we can't even play night games".

8) :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game postponed at Noarlunga. Issues with the lights. Game to be played tomorrow commencing at 11:30am

What a debacle, why would they program a game like this at night anyway?
Its stuffed most of my family's plans up for the weekend.
Piss the Crows off, they're like the ******* Adams family with a black cloud following them everywhere.

I agree with the programming of this game at night but would also argue that many of the games shouldn't be programmed at night as well. Night footy should generally be programmed for sides that can attract a crowd.
You can't blame the Crows for this though .
The Lights deserve another topic as all grounds are crap with the lighting except Norwood . People are now staying away as they are not good enough.
I can blame the Crows for anything I like be it world starvation or boutd of gout I get! :P
by Wedgie
Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game postponed at Noarlunga. Issues with the lights. Game to be played tomorrow commencing at 11:30am

What a debacle, why would they program a game like this at night anyway?
Its stuffed most of my family's plans up for the weekend.
Piss the Crows off, they're like the ******* Adams family with a black cloud following them everywhere.
by Wedgie
Sat May 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Anyone who is "no afl in the sanfl" but still barrack for a victoria afl team is kind of a hypocrite as the Victorian clubs took over VFA teams like Coburg, Williamstown, Bendigo, etc turns them into reserves team and then dumped them when they wanted their own team so the SANFL system isn't perfect but it better than over the border especially if you was a Bendigo supporter and have no team anymore.

I care and grew up with the SANFL, I've been to hundreds of SANFL games, I've been to 1 VFA/VFL game. Does it make me a hypocrite because I care about the SANFL and not the VFL? No
Am I hypocritical because I follow a NRL club and the QRL has been decimated and impacted upon by reserves teams? No as I don't care about the QRL, never have.
Be like saying I'm a hypocrite because I put food on the table for my kids but not some kids in China.
Throw into the fact my AFL club was a foundation member of the VFA/VFL in 1877 and have a history in that comp going back over 130 years.
The VFA completely disbanded in 1994 and handed over to the body that ran the VFL reserves, if anything the VFA clubs were interlopers in 1995 onwards because of this. My AFL team has never tried to take over or affiliate with a VFA/VFL club. It has been in the VFA/VFL over 130 years, its league invited ex VFA clubs to its competition in 1995. Completely different circumstances to the VFA/VFL.
Did my AFL club solely destroy the VFA/VFL through lies and deceit? No

Would I be a hypocrite if I followed 2 clubs who play against each other in the same competition? Absolutely
Would I be a hypocrite if I was a Crow Eater and followed the Crows? Absolutely
Would I be a hypocrite if I being a proud Crow Eater didn't have anything to say about an AFL club destroying my beloved South Australian National Football League competition through lies and deceit? Absolutely
by Wedgie
Sun May 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 stuff

Is anyone like me and actually enjoy Brian Taylor on the radio, why does he seem so different on TV?
by Wedgie
Sat May 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

Younie said Adelaide’s participation on Friday would not be his decision but suggested if the Crows were forced to play on Friday some, if not all, AFL players could be withdrawn. There is the possibility of a farcical situation where Adelaide could field 21 top-up players in a move which would hurt the competition’s integrity.

Geezus H Christ, thank god the Crows are looking out for integrity of the comp!

In other news, next week the North Grog Squad will be passing out flyers at all SANFL games about the importance of moderation of drinking.
by Wedgie
Sun May 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 stuff

Sad news about Mitch Clark, my heart goes out to him and others that suffer depression, must be an awful thing. :(
by Wedgie
Sun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 live scores etc.

Blacky wrote:West will not finish bottom but norf could

Have you considered a career in rocket science? :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well it is right as the SANFL were greedy and mischevious in handing out welfare to the basket case Port when the money should have been going to the SANFL clubs.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Spurs home kit for next season, I quite like it!

kane.png
by Wedgie
Fri May 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont buy this washout for GF replay crap, last year there was abnormal results because of the Tex Factor at the Bay and this year there was many more games celebrating Anzac Day the night before or day after.
The crowds are shit purely and simply because the AFL novelty has worn off and its a sign of things to come, most of us in the know about the SANFL called it mid last year and got told we wrong by an ignorant minority.
by Wedgie
Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

At the end of the day the result was irrelevent compared to Frank Lowey doing a back flip off the stage and it will live in everyone's thoughts forever! :P
Best thing to happen to soccer in this country since the first boat full of immigrants!
by Wedgie
Sun May 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can we start the finals now?

I wasn't far off, the Top 6 is definately set!!!! :D
by Wedgie
Sun May 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I disagree the comp was on a downward spiral in the last few years.

Crowd numbers have been trending downwards for a long time now, correct?

No, relatively stable for a decade before the decline when the AFL teams became involved.
Interest, memberships and sponsorships were relatively stable for that period too.
Having the Crows and Power in is a complete failure.
by Wedgie
Mon May 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: state squad announced to take on WAFL

Why would they televise it, minimal peole care. Another unneccesary interruption to the season that's already going backwards.
by Wedgie
Mon May 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Game Updates

Or not at all?
by Wedgie
Mon May 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |