Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

I'm going to put my balls on the line here. I'm not saying that Northern's will make the finals or anything but I think they will give a few teams a real scare.
Gatting, Cosgrove and Duval help bring experience which is everything in grade cricket.
Some huge match ups first up.
Sturt v Port looks a massive game as does the Gullies and West Torrens. Plus the battle of the elite in Kensington and Uni
by The Myth
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Get rid of the 16 whites comp and the D grade while you're there
by The Myth
Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Uni are poaching from everywhere. They had a Southerns junior on debut Saturday. If you get kids from other clubs to give them opportunities then so be it. Some clubs have better catchment and junior areas than others. That’s just life.
What annoys me is when clubs like uni poach kids then put these kids in the 2’s and don’t develop them and put overseas players on there head.
Port have a lot of Woodville players but they have developed them from B’s to good A graders. Fair play.
Woodville have done much the same in my books as look at how good Dickman has been this season and McDowell who is a West Torrens junior is becoming a pretty handy cricketer.

Uni have gone and got Harms and Edwards to name a few as top up players. Those blokes are learning absolutely nothing in the B’s. That is wrong
by The Myth
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure how you can say all that Eagles. Teams from the finals last year in Port and Glenelg have been smashed by injuries this season but have still made short form Semi’s and in Port’s case a one day final.
Kensington may have been disappointing but are very young. I think you should just admit you’ve had a stinker and move on.
by The Myth
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lloyd Popes stock is continuing to rise. What a prospect he is and he seems to get bags against really good opposition. I can’t believe that Adelaide also had two bites of the cherry and come up short. I really thought that this could have been there year and ended a big finals drought.
Few things I think we took out of this season, Harry Neilsen could play state cricket as a bat, Sturt with there good youth could be building something really hard to beat for a while and the competition as a whole is in pretty good hands. Very even and competitive indeed.
Also great effort with the four double centurions on the weekend Neilsen, Lehmann, Brennan and Wweeks. For Weeks to be still scoring runs after 200 games is pretty unique. Brennan may kick start his career from here, huge potential.
by The Myth
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Hutchinson trying to work his way through all 13 clubs?
by The Myth
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sometimes as cricket fans and me included we look into the crystal ball a little too much with these youth squads. There are a lot of quality players that never made these underage squads that played a lot of good A grade cricket and even first class cricket. There are also a lot of busts that have been in underage state squads that couldn’t even cut the mustard at A grade cricket.
Although it helps and really is just a feather in the clubs cap it certainly isn’t the be all and end all.
by The Myth
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two points. I think it’s foolish to listen to the GCC and there recommendations. They are nothing but a bunch of self indulged fossils who everytime they hold a meeting put this state of cricket back 20 years. Would be careful what I listened to with them. Hence why SACA want to take over grade cricket completely.
Secondly I think every club is judged on there seniors and only there A’s for that matter. As long as there are kids coming through then it’s all good. You only need 4 good kids not 44 to keep ham ing success as long as the 4 are stars.
Don’t worry about Port or Northerns but pray for Prospect.
by The Myth
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you think the two clubs that have won 4 out of the last 6 A grade premierships over the last 2 seasons should have been kicked out Heater? I think if the SACA dod things better and the right way then 8-10 clubs would definately be possible. Of course West Torrens were going to fight it and rightfully so.
by The Myth
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |