Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Have Westies Imploded?

West and Centrals can play off for the Implosion Cup this week.
by Dog Day Afternoon
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Port v Central (Alberton) - Sun 8/6

Booney wrote:Renouf, Heath, Stewart, Moore, Sam Gray and Newton out of the side from the Port v North game two weeks ago.

This is a good start for the no AFL in the SANFL :twisted:
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Both teams should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

go home and cuddle up to your massive pay check to make you feel better about ******* over our league you ignorant ****.

Love the Passion in your language :D
Hope they get it EVERY week for the remainder of the season 8)

lol, personally im not impressed with my language, i should have spent more time coming up with something more creative than just swearing. there are so many good insults that just dont get used anymore in favour of an easy **** or ****..... that and the fact that if i used some great insults from years gone by i would also get the satisfaction of seeing these footy players not having a clue what i just called them ;), but alas, haste got the better of me

That is the thing that I miss most since AFL has come in - the lack of clever and humorous banter from the crowd (at AFL matches). :(
by Dog Day Afternoon
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

In my opinion re Trigg, whether or not it was all an outright lie, he allowed the league directors to rely on a figure he ought reasonably to have known was not going to be even nearly achieved.

I really can't see how Trigg, or anyone else, thought they'd get even close to 4,000 - no one g.a.f. about reserves footy. Frankly I'm surprised as many as 200 or whatever are going.

but if the 4000 figure was so clearly bogus, then why didnt the SANFL directors also pick this up? cant say yes and then complain about it after

thats kinda my point. maybe everyone was hoodwinked or at least seduced by the idea of the extra crowds

I agree with this point. The criticism seems to be mostly leveled at Trigg for providing a misleading figure. But the Directors who voted had the moral and legal responsibility of ensuring that they were fully informed before committing themselves to the vote. Trigg clearly had a vested interest in making the figure as high as he could. Why was there no critical review of this as it clearly would have impacted on the decision - affecting both immediate revenue (from bar and canteen sales) but also from being able to attract greater sponsorship. The lack of due diligence is appalling and the fact that so many Directors who voted yes have been allowed to continue in the role where they have so clearly failed speaks volumes of the depths that the standard or governance and managment in the SANFL has plummeted to.
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

National Police Clearance Checks only reveal matters for which a person has been convicted not pending court matters or matters where as a defendant was found not guilty. Onus would be on an individual at the time of applying for a position to reveal to the prospective employer any thing pending that might affect employment in the future. In fact most businesses I have been involved in ask questions on application forms if you have any pending Police / Court matters and if you fail to answer truthfully then you can be terminated if it is disclosed latter.
Yep, same over here.
My Job apps have that very question, but only if have any convictions for ......
Can't ask if there are any ongoing investigations. There are privacy and discrimination laws to protect potential employees.

Yes in Australia there is a presumption of innocence which would come as a shock to many posters as the opposite tends to be presumed on this site. :lol:
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Of course if people pay to come through the turnstyle there is a check between $s and numbers. If they get in for free it is possible to exaggerate those numbers without anyone being able to challenge. Not that anyone would have reason to do that, would they?
by Dog Day Afternoon
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary
Why are the recent changes 'necessary', or in moving with the times?

Before you answer, please consider that:
A) Many people went to the Sanfl because they wanted a couple of hours of football a week amongst the AFL saturation.
B) Where are the eight legit clubs going to recruit fans from now on?
C) 36,000 people were at the Sanfl Grand Final last year, and obviously didn't lament the lack of AFL involvement.

D) The SANFL moved with the times when it allowed the formation of the Adelaide Crows and the ascension of Port Adelaide to the national league.

The formation of the Crows was something that they were forced into so that the SANFL still had a say in the biggest comp in the land. Sad how over the years that influence has declined. I see it as a negative that the AFL sides were sold. State league sides are now toothless tigers and the failing Vic clubs (back when the Crows were formed) are now major players in teh future of our game. We have lost everything we tried to hold onto.
by Dog Day Afternoon
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I put the numbers into a graph to try and analyse them. I am not clever enough to paste here but what I could see was while there has been the occasional up year it has been followed by 2 or 3 down years. Since the beginning of this series the trend is most definitely down. In fact since the peak back in 1998 average crowds have declined by about 24% despite an increasing population.

My summary - the events of this year have done nothing to change the trend in any significant way. This is interesting because as far as my club is concerned this year has been poor. It would appear that on-field performance leads to an improvement in figures at a club level but of course for one club to improve another must decline. I am still worried that the impact of letting people in for free may mean that $s take a bigger hit than crowd numbers.
by Dog Day Afternoon
Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

What do we think the crowd will be like for this one?

I risked not coming to the first two finals but am on my way to this one, I should stay away :?

Save it for the week after ;)

South might be able to gain an edge as the coach and any unused emergency players for Port may struggle to get back to Adelaide in time for the game Even bigger mental edge if their AFL sisters are knocked out the night before.....

Hocking and the travelling emergency(s) will fly out of Perth around 11:50 pm, to Melbourne and back to Adelaide by 10am.

Excellent match preparation. I suggest that the whole SANFL team accompany them as a team-building opportunity :lol:
by Dog Day Afternoon
Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

The best thing about this Grand Final is that Centrals supporters are ******* spewing. Beautiful.

regards,

REB

I was actually more upset when South went out than my own club. I didn't think we deserved it this year.

But South - the remaining club with integrity - deserved to at least make the GF.

I think ApacheBD has adequately covered my other gripes.
by Dog Day Afternoon
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Punchy Bassett wrote:So will Koch be demanding that never tear us apart be played before the game?

What distresses me is I used to like that song before the wharfies got hold of it. :(
by Dog Day Afternoon
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like I have said before given the season with a couple of high attendance games affecting the mean it would probably be better to compare modes.

median.

but yeah, it is probably a better indication of crowd numbers, provided you do it for every year. have fun with that :D

Yes median. Thanks for that bennyM
by Dog Day Afternoon
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

on the rails wrote:Good to see the NAFC on the front foot with some sort of comment etc for "their" members / supporters!!!

Brains trust (Edwards and Bohdan) still can't workout why the last cheque was round and is bouncing back every time it hits the floor!!! :-)

You might have to change your name again!
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Looking forward to the Golden Grove v Golden Grove match
by Dog Day Afternoon
Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Congratulations to West. Best side on the day by far.

Still proud of the doggies to finish 3rd after such a shaky start to the season.

Something to build on if we can retain most players 8)
by Dog Day Afternoon
Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |