Search found 219 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Happy days edges out MASH as my favourite.

I remember a former user on here called hawkeye.

No way?! What a coincidence ;)

I reckon his missus was on here too to keep him line, he was pretty whipped!

:lol: Reckon he is still pretty whipped with or without her on here.
by Arch44
Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 stuff

Zartan wrote:May as well just outlaw the bump altogether now.

After the bump is gone, what is the next progression to turning the sport into a soccer/netball hybrid? No contact? Zones? :roll:

Isn't 2 blokes going for the ball at the same time physical?
by Arch44
Wed May 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Bgrade boys sing it on the field without me and then in the change rooms with me. We went a season without singing it at all so probably are trying to make up for it
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:and thus endeth this conversation.

This is all too much to deal with on a monday morning :roll: (-| :YMSIGH:

Now what am I suppose to read at work :?
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Have we hit the front yet?

Ohhh easyyyyy!!!!!!

There you go Morrell all your bickering aimed at Angle Vale has a positive.
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what do those who have played SPOS, make of SPOS?

Better, or about even with how you think they would go in their first year?

FC, Don't try and make this forum about Football! Monday Mornings are about shit slinging, Rumors and innuendo whioch makes for much better reading. :lol:
Agree with Carey. Poor form FC
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Who would be the best or most influential player in the division and/or at each club at the moment?

My picks:
Ben Wiles (West Croydon)
Lee Kennedy (Lockleys)
Tim Aloisi (BL)
Darren Francis (Fitz)
Michael Ashby (Smithfield)
Brandon Cox (Ingle Farm)
Alex Cotter (TOS)
Chheouth Ung (ML)
Aaron Frith (CU)

i would add garner sfc and cooper wcfc..

Still got the man crush going for Coops Zeddy? 1st game back on the weekend for him and went ok mate ;)

i know first hand what he is capable of as i coached him for 1 year and no surprise you got a good win with the blonde dasher back in the side..just went "ok" did he? :)
:lol: Yes mate just ok....
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Duran Duran - Ordinary WORLD
by Arch44
Thu May 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Am I understanding right that if Ingle Farms Cgrade have another incident that their A and B grade will lose all points? That would make the Agrade coach a touch on the nervous side I would of thought? Almost worth pulling the Cgrade out.
by Arch44
Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:
Arch44 wrote:2 things I need to point out. McKinnon didn't play last week and Cooper doesn't play half back.

he may not get selected at HBF but he still ends up there a lot of the time! :)

Haha had a feeling you may point that out.
Coops actually insisted I point this out
by Arch44
Fri May 22, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 things I need to point out. McKinnon didn't play last week and Cooper doesn't play half back.
by Arch44
Fri May 22, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, thats a lesson for Yanky on Social Media I think.

In his defence I don't think he meant any malice and if anyones earned bit of leeway through their efforts this year, it'd be him.

Also of note was that one of our supporters very quickly posted that perhaps he meant "home ground".
:lol: Nice attempt at defending him Morell but I reckon the damage is done ;)
by Arch44
Wed May 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TOS A Grade goal umpire - decorum. Learn it.

What did he do?

He does make some interesting comments in my experience.

I wonder if he makes the same interesting comments when playing Smithfield?

From what I saw and from what some of our lads were saying Saturday night the Smithfield lads aren't that bad to play against. There was no carry on, no yellow cards etc. Just a good game of footy until the last quarter in the Agrade from our point of view.
by Arch44
Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Complete media driven sacking I reckon.
by Arch44
Tue May 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:For your perusal...
image.jpg

So who is going through last weeks team sheets to make sure everyone played? :lol: ;)
by Arch44
Fri May 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers to PG and his Bgrade yesterday for the beers after the game and helping us out with a boundary umpire.
by Arch44
Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

Footy Chick wrote:He can go to the AFL thread and fight with Wedgie if he wants to do that.

It has nothing to do with SAAFL football so it stays out of here.

End of subject.

I really want to BOOOOOO this.
by Arch44
Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

False

TNP would like Shane Watson to move on for Mitchell Marsh
by Arch44
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Endings wrote:
Zartan wrote:Is it true Tim Aloisi played ressies for Glenelg today? :shock:

Yep and kicked a couple

If the Bays were after a small fwd I would have thought Ashby from Smithies would be the one to go after.
by Arch44
Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

valleys07 wrote:EJ Whitten. Outstanding work, Mike Sheehan.

Feels like yesterday when he passed, remember watching the Footy Show as clear as day.

Some great footage- that lap of honour before the 95' SOO game will go down as my most vivid sporting moment.

Yep Agreed mate. I felt a bit bad for Doug Hawkins.
by Arch44
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Only sober posting from now on :oops:

As if that train of thought will happen in your next session. :lol:
by Arch44
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

The right TIME - Hoodoo Gurus
by Arch44
Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a bit the opposite. Floggings are part of football, I still have a half a side that didn't win a game 2 seasons a go and copped our fair share. I can see they enjoy winning by plenty when we are lucky enough to do so.
by Arch44
Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After hearing the weather report and the coldsnap that is coming, I am quite comfortable with the stupid bye this week.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

False

TNP had no interest in the soccer last night
by Arch44
Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's what all you blokes go out and play for every week, to become a Div6 pelican...
by Arch44
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Divison 6 Tipping

Forgot my tips
by Arch44
Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can vouch for the Hawks being in form.. Sumner and Wiles have the pace to trouble most (all) sides , and McKinnon is a handful for any defender in div 6.. Smithfields size and fire power could prove the difference

sumner is electric..i think the hawks will get old mate steve cooper back this week as well arch?

Maybe, maybe not :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's ok we should have got one in the 3rd but I made a meal of it
by Arch44
Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not expecting a win this week in the Bgrade then Zartan? ;)
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.. More interesting I think is that I believe you guys will knock off Brahma in the last round..

West Croydon = Ingle Farm bogey side over the past year.. more accurately Arch = Zartan bogey opponent in all sports over the past couple years :lol:

Luckily I wont be there this week, so prob improves our chances :lol:
:lol: Very disappointed you wont be there. Nothing like being a bogey opponent.
Brahma? C'mon mate one week at a time ;) And do you really think the Brahma reserves umpire is going to let that happen? :lol:
by Arch44
Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In other news.. a little selfish from me, but I've got to say I'm pretty chuffed to have been able to overcome West Croydon 'B' grade on the weekend..

I would have to say Arch is one of the more astute coaches I've come across in this division over the past couple of years, and always manages to somehow get the better of Ingle Farm - his side coming from 7 goals down at 3/4 time in last years final still haunts me! :(

Anyway, guess the proof is in the pudding - from not winning a game a couple of years ago, to winning 19 games over the past two years including reaching a prelim is a pretty good effort.. Glad you're out of the finals race now, and I can finally claim a victory over you! :partyman: :lol:

:lol: Far too kind Zartan. I wasn't going to allow you to claim the victory on the weekend considering you were in another state, but will now.
Last years semi goes down as my greatest triumph so far as a coach so I don't mind you are still haunted a little. ;)
Its a week early, but we cant make the finals in the Bgrade now obviously, but still hoping our Agrade get the job done this week and in the finals. We have a lad playing his 200th in our Bgrade this week so hopefully we can finish with a win and good luck to all those other sides in the ressies comp too.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like I better get a good spot under the verandah at Lockleys with the Grubers and have a few beverages if the rain is coming.
by Arch44
Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Zartan wrote:
Harry49 wrote:Duly noted, if only Zartan was like that :lol:

Settle down young Harry! :lol:

My downturn in safooty posts results in substantial increase on FB :lol:

Harry 4posts in and trying to make an impact. :lol: Zartan put the rookie in his place ;)
by Arch44
Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:Suddenly D6 thread has turned into the Hawthorn 80's thread :lol:

Similar standard I guess ;)

Similar hairstyles.

Image from http://207.58.139.142/show_image.php?id=22628&thumb=1.
by Arch44
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Trinity can't play in the GF if they lose

#someprediction
#bandwagonjumper
#wouldntknowifarseonfire
#GetsInfoFromChicksAtTheLandOfPromise

:lol:

# :lol:

#wishithoughtofthat
by Arch44
Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:We still going with the excuses thing? One of our B-Grade players missed the final on the weekend because he has hemorrhoids.

Was that Harry49 by any chance? :lol:
by Arch44
Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
giffo wrote:Lockleys-
B Grade- Dominic Ascoli, runner-up Owen Foureur

Zartan notice the Bgrade winner here? ;)

Nah that cant be right, he's a lazy fat sniper :roll: :lol:

:lol: What would we know any way?!
by Arch44
Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

I gotta say I do find it a touch odd that clubs have done their B and F.

I thought an end of year Gala Night celebrating the winners of all trophies, awards, recognising life members and incorporating sponsors, volunteers and key club personell would have been the norm. We have an end of year event with "responsible" 4 hour drinks package and it is normally a cracking night not to be missed.

We have even done it in our club but ended up having to put MBK and a very angry little man on a pool table as we ran out of room and they were late. The club made a packet that night as you can also throw in your obligatory silent auction, door prizes, raffles and games.

I thin you'll find the clubs will still do that sort of night, just the actual count is done previous so those sort of nights don't drag on too much. I think it works both ways tbh

Yep that's what we do.
by Arch44
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (DRAFT)

So if Brahma wasn't choccas and TOS have no following, sounds like you saved yourself $400..
Ingle Farm have a large supporter base - was plenty there Saturday, just no one from Brahma and none of our spectators or players were able to stick around like they would've otherwise.

Only need to look at the 1st week of finals at Lockleys, the crowd that day was impressive, would've been similar at WC Sat, and will be like that this week at Smithfield.

Nope I reckon West Croydon were the big losers from the weekend.
Be interested to hear how the crowds were at EP and GG who also had stand alone finals. We had a very decent crowd, sold out of BBQ and got our money back for hosting from the gate ($5 parking). The 2.15pm timeslot worked well as the club was packed from 4.30pm-6.30pm. It's not always going to be a winner for all clubs. Nothing ever is. But it worked for us on Saturday - on and off the field

And good work by you guys too for taking full advantage of it. That's not really my issue I still think Agrade sides should earn the right to host a full day of football.
by Arch44
Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:That guy is no longer part of the club, so anything he says should be immediately disregarded

:lol: Straight bat
by Arch44
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: lower grade association medals

Split Divisions up and do full counts on a night.. make clubs purchase a table of say 10, include a drinks package if possible.

Clubs could fill a table of 10 easy enough - coach, footy director, top vote getters..

Create Powerpoints that go through each round to speed things up a bit, should take around 30-45min per div to knock it off, could get through 2xdivs in an evening..

Sounds good but I reckon if there was drinks a package that would come at a cost and I'm not convinced people would pay to go.
I would still go though and be a snob.
by Arch44
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:Tips for tomorrow, Smithfield in both grades, but by less than 2 goals.. 2 red hot battles

West Croydon and Ingle Farm.
by Arch44
Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a coach I have no interest picking opposition best players for votes towards a medal. There is enough things already to worry about.
by Arch44
Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:As an umpire I have no interest picking best players for votes towards a medal. There is enough things already to worry about.

And you have been doing such a great job rewarding those that deserve it. Well done.
by Arch44
Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Martin has played the last 5 games in B grade due to a change in employment making him unavailable for A grade. It was either play B grade or not at all..

Iacopi had played 1 C grade game in rd 18 sonce a broken arm in rd 6, missed first final through work, so 1 C grade game in 12 weeks isnt great preparation for an A grade elimination final..

Fatchen played C grade until about 6 weeks ago and hasnt trained all year.

O'Hara trains 3 times a week for cricket and is only playing B grade because his good mate is the coach. Hasnt trained all year and tore his groin 5 minutes into his only A grade game in round 2 this year, one that he didnt want to play anyway..

Anything else while im here? Im wasting my lunch break on this and i enjoy food

Yes. What is for lunch?
by Arch44
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:a coke life, 35% less sugar
eww.. All respect lost.. :lol:

Does taste better than zero or diet coke though.
by Arch44
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Why did they only play with 17 in the field?

A Kilburn player got red-carded before half-time.
What for? Generally you can replace a red carded player, although it's at the umpires discretion. It's a very, very harsh penalty to make a team play with 17 for the majority of the game.

The maximum the TEAM can be penalised for a red card is TEN minutes - the reported player may not be able to play any further - but Kilburn would have only been down one player for TEN minutes.....that's the rule.

So at worst - they were down one rotation for a half of football.....

Not sure that is right. Red card is umpires discretion with time. It can be the rest of the game if he sees fit. Happened to us this year in a final at Lockleys we lost a guy early in the 2nd with a red and the umpire said he cant be replaced for the rest of the game then changed his mind at half time. We played with 17 on the field for 15minutes of the 2nd quarter.
by Arch44
Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |