Search found 219 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Was away supporting the missus with her band at a biker show in the riverland.
I heard you booked a dirty weekend away with the wife, believing Houghton to be a push over and the result a mere formality that didn't require you wasting 2hrs of your life watching?

How arrogant of you! ;) :lol: :lol: You wanker
by Arch44
Wed May 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:That's a nice list, we may miss the finals again and we may not, but if you guys get in don't be making up the numbers.......Again
And is it true your Agrade coach disregards any of your input? ;)

30-30 :lol:

Well that killed 20 minutes :lol:
by Arch44
Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Ripping kid! We had a good laugh. Will be an exceptional player once his body matures.

And his mind.

Maybe his mind has matured and wants out of all that rubbish with these reports.
by Arch44
Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldman wrote:Big day for Fitzroy........ Anton Geradis in our out of the side and jail?

Probably a bigger day for Anton i would have thought.
by Arch44
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:D6 Reserves footy - so much love & respect.. here we see opponents Nick Kershaw and Anthony Oakley enjoying a mid game cuddle aww :heart: :heart:
cute couple.JPG

This photo was used on Bounce tonight but with Jason Dunstalls head on it! :lol:
by Arch44
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

Has Howe played midfield for us before? Reckon he would have got plenty out of running around with Sloan.
Hope Hodge goes around again nest season even if only plays half of it, worth his weight in gold with direction etc. on field.
by Arch44
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote: :lol: You're a bad influence Arch! My mummy told me to stay away from people like you and choose my friends better :P

I cant repeat on here what your mummy told me. ;)
by Arch44
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keen to hear from anyone who would be interested in being a part of the Raiders in 2018 and beyond. For more information, or to have a confidential chat with myself, 'Q', or Mel Keetch, feel free to get in touch.
Love watching footy at your ground, your mob are an untapped commodity.
Get Zartan pissed enough.
#Zartan4HoughtonCoach

I can see this gaining momentum.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha I just love how someone that has nothing to do with the club anymore seems to know so much

I read the rubbish on team app mate and hope the proxy votes are counted too.
I wouldn't be involved in footy the way I am if it wasn't for WC so do care a fair bit for the club. Maybe you should concentrate on not getting suspended again and copping a life ban ;)
by Arch44
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:I read the rubbish on team app mate and hope the proxy votes are counted too.

You wanker!

Never.. NEVER give away your sources of information!

Bloody rookies.. kiss your team app membership goodbye lol.

:lol: they wouldn't be that childish surely

:lol: I was wrong.
by Arch44
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

one day I will wrote:Small rumour around some quality players leaving Fitzroy, as said previously on here. Is the new coach bringing some quality players back in the club?

Yes and yes.
by Arch44
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Looking at Premiership Table, there has to be something said for going with a new coach, just refreshes the whole Club if you get the right person, and can turn the whole Club around.

Last year, West Torrens went from bottom to top with New coach, and ended up winning all three flags.

This year, four Clubs with new coaches are sitting pretty. Adelaide Uni are 2nd, Sturt are 3rd, Glenelg are 4th and Adelaide are equal 5th. Cant argue with those stats.

Exception is obviously TTG, but you would have to say the team Sleepy has had for the last ten years, to have only one the Two day Premiership once, really could be seen as a bit of a failure. Especially if they cant get the chocolates again this time.

Reckon Woodville should take a leaf out of these Clubs and get a new coach next season as McNally has been there a number of years with no success, and their A Grade team on paper is pretty strong. Think the right coach could win them a Premiership next year.

You sound very similar to Martin Charles who wrote similar rubbish in the local messenger the other week which lead in to the Woodville v West Torrens match. I'm sensing a hidden agenda against Mcnally and that Martin Charles is in fact from West Torrens and not Woodville ;)
by Arch44
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 word story....

nugget a good Rodney provides.
by Arch44
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone game enough to have a crack at predicted ladder?
I'll go;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West

Ramming23 Where will Fitzroy finish and why do you think Elizabeth will be a better side than West Croydon?

My apologies - I completely forgot about Fitzroy! Here is my amended ladder;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West
10. Fitzroy

Elizabeth were a strong side at their best last year and have played together for a few years now which puts them slightly ahead of WC for me.

Here is my real predicted ladder for this year after taking the p*ss out of Arch in December last year :lol:

1. Trinity OS
2. West Croydon
3. Fitzroy
4. Elizabeth
5. Salisbury West

6. Para Hills
7. Adelaide Lutheran
8. Brahma Lodge
9. Rosewater
10. Greenacres

Brownlow: Lindsay (Fitzroy)
Coleman: Woodcock (WC)

:lol: Only because I gave you your boots back!
by Arch44
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Pretty Excited with Fitzroy tomorrow in Section 4 and 8 GF's. 1st year in the league and have been impressed with majority of opposition players attitudes and how the league is run. Good Comp.
by Arch44
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw for the first time in the flesh the Greenacres goal umpire Saturday. He was very amusing and there should be more of it! Best part is the 70s/80s style white coat and hat.

ShitAdelaide worthy?

https://www.instagram.com/shitadelaide/?hl=en

:lol: Yes potentially. Has featured on the footy show I believe before.
by Arch44
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Potent forward for sure, can score heavily - but given the forecast conditions tomorrow you wonder how much impact Prok can have, but also it’s hard to see which of those guys will apply defensive pressure should it hit the deck.

Also I just love winding up my Roys mates lol.

Thought Bourke went over to West Croyden?

Negative. Didn’t go any where in the end and didn’t play yesterday either. Was mentioned he saw the weather forecast ;) :lol:
by Arch44
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosewater should beat Fitzroy comfortably, Lions with too many outs.

New coach may have brought players and some instant results, but you have to wonder what his stance on discipline is - 4x reports in 2 weeks and a total of 14 games suspension - all A grade players!

one of the videoed games this weekend i believe..play nice lads..

They were videoed last week for that reason, two blokes with hefty suspensions. Couple of other players will get done this week as they can't help themselves. Good of League to get rid of these blokes from the Comp, coach better learn quick smart or won't have a team left!

Venturing over here now Eagles2014? Is there not enough scalps in Grade cricket thread to have a crack at?
So who are you targeting now when you say couple of other players will get done this week as they cant help themselves? Or do i Have to wait for your rant under someone else's name in the local messenger again?
by Arch44
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:So who are you targeting now when you say couple of other players will get done this week as they cant help themselves?

In the B grade, B. Lennon and T. Kayal are both filthy thugs. 8)

:lol: :lol: You Flog.
by Arch44
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The West Croydon player is a 270+ senior player with the club who has an untarnished playing record. He was rucking a boundary throw in where he was attempting to hit the ball to his teams attacking end. I’ve seen the footage repeatedly . Footage that clearly shows there were only eyes on the football not the opposition ruckman. In the ruck attempt the PH ruckman was struck by the WC ruckman forearm. Totally accidental. No one likes seeing a player sustaining an injury playing sport but it unfortunately does occur especially in a contact sport. The WC ruckman was clearly attempting to gain some metreage with this attempt. The WC ruckman hasn’t a nasty bone in his body. Never has he purposely hurt an opposing player nor did he on this occasion. To see him called a thug for an in game collision is nothing short of uneducated slander. This is one of the things I really don’t like about this forum. People commenting on incidents they have little to no facts on. No regard given to the people being tarnished. Or the club.
WC have employed a videographer on the advice of a league official. Boy am I glad we took that advice. The footage is clear this was an incident with no intent or malice.
I do and so does everyone at WCFC wish the PHFC player a total and full recovery.
If we cause an incident outside the spirit of the game and it’s rules and integrity we deserve to pay for that as do all member clubs and players. This isn’t the case with this incident.

Agree 100% about the player in question. I have coached fair chunk of his games and he doesnt have a malice bone in his body, just loves playing footy. Am also happy to be a character reference if it came to it, hopefully common sense prevails.
by Arch44
Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Not sure if its been covered? A new club called the Peninsula Pirates based down the port look to be joining. Would it be from some disgruntled Nth Haven lads sick of traveling South in the Adelaide and suburban comp?
Partly correct I believe.
Pirates are a bunch of disgruntled (with the club) North Haven guys who have decided to form their own separate club. Are in the process of applying for PDCA which is looking promising.

Apparently, however, North Haven themselves are over A&SCA and are also exploring the option of moving to PDCA.. don't know how much truth to it all, just word on the street.

Sort of surprised this made it on here. I got told by one of my best mates about us looking at going to the PDCA in a snapchat message lol. That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates, and to say he talks rubbish is a complete understatement. It was an idea he came up with while he was off work with a shoulder injury which he sustained playing cricket for North Haven. I'm actually very surprised that the Peninsula Pirtates idea has got this far.

There are no disgruntled North Haven cricketers lookiing to move as far as I'm aware. We're in footy mode at the moment so cricket isn't even in the thought process.

I missed our first committee meeting for the upcoming season two Wednesdays ago. As far as I know there has been no chat about looking to go to the PDCA, I'm unaware of this apparent move. As Vice President I will have a say in it.

Please take the Peninsula Pirates idea with a grain of salt.

I saw it all on Facebook TDK so it must be true :lol:
by Arch44
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

That is an extreme hypothetical whufc.

Here is one for you that isn't too extreme.

What about the mental health of Stengle who now has a life ban for 2 suspensions over a (roughly) 15 year senior football career? Who does that fall back on?

So essentially people who play for northern suburbs teams should be punished more than college types.

Red card for Saints= send off

Red card for Eastern Park = kicked out the club

Once a club does the dirty work for the league it's ok.

Call me old fashioned but I believe in equal punishment for equal offending no matter where you are from.

This is SN's first suspension this year. It's from a bloke who played state footy and won a div 1 medal. He has been reported before but in 2005 and at a league club. In my opinion calling the club recalcitrant based on that, or even in combination with the one incident that happened the year before is a bit rich.

Saying the club is to blame to justify the suspension of the club is wrong. I don't see the league putting in place there own administrator at SN which they could do and the reason is they know they couldn't do any better. Sometimes these things happen and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

This outcome is unfair to Salisbury North. If it's justified for some other reason like safety of players the league should say so but unless they have refused assistance don't call the club recalcitrant.

While I agree with a lot your sentiment I think the league would be taking the view of the extreme.

If the injured player had sadly passed away from the injury sustained there would be no doubt there would be a prosecution against the league as well as the club and players involved.

No doubt lines such as ‘what did the league do to ensure the safety of players against a club with a repeated history of violence’ would be thrown around etc

IMHO all the league is doing is protecting themselves from the inevitable that will happen one day. Answering questions from a guy in your position question what they have done

Surely that's on him for belting someone?
by Arch44
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

But it's only a slightly longer trip that needs to occur once a season, surely that's not going to put players out that much.

I've got no issue with travelling, it does make it a little rushed and chaotic in the morning, especially when you've got kids involved, but on the flip side I quite enjoying travelling out to places I wouldn't normal play at that isn't "local" - it's kind of like a road trip.. an adventure :lol:

Spot on Bedge.
I didn't mind the travel years ago in Adelaide Turf then came to churches and couldn't believe how close every one was to each other and now in suburban and travelling south every 2nd match at places I have never played before is enjoyable.
The Pirates oval would be no more than 5-6 minutes away from Semaphore if that. Shouldn't be a big deal IMO.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rabbdawg88 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
ramming23 wrote:If you're on a AAA you can't host a home final?

Correct.

Not entirely, if your aaa gets revised or reviewed and you get in serious trouble then you can’t host a final.
And it also doesn’t refer to this year.

Good research Rabbdawg88
by Arch44
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Congrats Scotty on your 300th tomorrow! What an effort, hope your super C grade can get a good win up for you, and you have a wonderful day. :partyman:

I will drink a few waters in your honour tomorrow.

Also thanks for returning our footys last week :lol:
Thanks Bedge, much appreciated! It's been a frustrating couple of weeks wondering if I was ever going to get there with a couple of forfeits testing my patience. But what's another 3 weeks when it's taken 21 years to get to this point!

Congrats mate, hope its good one
by Arch44
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carey's 2018 Div 6 Tipping

Nice work LM
by Arch44
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All and above correct, won't be changed until tribunal is heard.

But in other news, and as others have hinted, it appears SW have now officially lodged their own complaint and it looks like at least one of them is likely to cost a Tosser a game or two.

God I hope they go to the Bunyip and other media outlets too :lol:
by Arch44
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Greg Phillips to coach Ingle Farm

True there was no acknowledgment or interview process for other applicants?
by Arch44
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

The Bedge wrote:Come on at least make the effort and post the team photo... ;)

sandbag.JPG

Looks very similar to Adelaide Lutherans reserves premiership photo.
by Arch44
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Have heard Jed Pfeiffer from HV to be player/coach of the Farmers.
by Arch44
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2019

Hawkers are in.
by Arch44
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg Ds also won on forfeit vs Woodville

I wonder if it was one of those ones where a team left before the umpires arrived to officially call off the game?

Game got underway with a couple of the Peckers players "on the" way.
Got to 20 overs umpires were alerted by Peckers captain that they only had 8 players. Umps said forfeit, however both captains and umpires agreed to play out the game seeing as it had got started and players had made the effort, essentially a center wicket practice until a result was achieved. Bays agreed to supply sub fielders, two overs after the drinks break Peckers blokes said we have a couple of bowlers coming back form injury and don't want to risk them on a tacky pitch. They would of bowled if the Bays batted first :roll:

Not good that a PC club could not fill a 4th grade side.

Most of that is right. Apart from Woodville wouldn't have bowled 1st because they only 8 there which they thought was enough but umpires would have picked up that you need 9. The ninth player lobbed at drinks, but it was too late to constitute a start.
The bowler in question is coming off a serious ankle injury and the state of the wicket and foot marks was not safe.
by Arch44
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Chappy wrote:Was Nick Injured for half the year? Heard he walked out but clearly that was incorrect as he played the last half of the season

Went away for an overseas holiday.
by Arch44
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2019

amber_fluid wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Ben Stratton announced as captain.

Why not 2 captains?
Seems all the go in Adelaide.

Like to stick to the traditions. ;)
by Arch44
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

We have done that, they recently asked for a wish list and we obliged :lol: Haven't had any feedback yet and am experiencing with the grants that they are mostly achievable if you match the contribution.
I know they put in turf pitches at St.Clair for Woodville and it didn't cost Woodville anything, but they were also accommodating for soccer.
Will the turf pitched be arched aswell to match the oval?
:lol: Will let you know if it ever happens.
by Arch44
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

West Adelaide assistant
by Arch44
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

S Demon wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:Did Hope Valley play a trial last night against Broadview?? Any word on how they went?

Yes they did. Was a good hitout for both teams

Very informative SD :lol:
by Arch44
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Gary Ayres to Centrals?
by Arch44
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty average from Happy Valley on the weekend to try and pick up a forfeit at 12.50 when week 1 was called off in section 2.
How so?

We had 6 there at 12.50 (start time 1.30) when the day was called off (obviously too wet) and becomes a one day game this week. They wanted the forfeit win and were very serious about it.

Yeah, **** off lads, see you next week.
:lol: That's what I said when our skipper rang me and told me!
by Arch44
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What went down on the weekend Arch44 ?

A day to forget. :lol:
We had a no show, so had 10 to play with. One lad made 30 then opened the bowling and got ill 2 overs in throwing up and went off. Another lad had the ball smashed back at him and busted his hand so we lost him too. Finished the game with 8 and they got the runs 2 wickets down.
Last weeks carry on was a bit forgotten I think with what was going on. Although their spirit of cricket points may have a bit on the low side!
by Arch44
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg (229) vs Woodville (1/40) interestingly poised. Nielsen out, Andrews possibly in Shield team. Winner clings onto their top 4 hopes.
Just looked at the card - looks like something has happened with McInerney again?
Really? Geez he's had a wretched run. Hit on the arm twice from memory plus a concussion issue? Poor guy. Just when it looked like his cricket was about to take off too

He's fine, sounds like mycricket glitch.
by Arch44
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Correct.

Get over it.. so last week! ;)

:lol: No. We play them tomorrow still ;)
by Arch44
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am probably in the minority here, but I would have like to have played this week. I don't see it any different to playing on the weekend just gone. Nothing has changed really.

Have to agree with this. Non contact sport, out in the open. We are allowed to play golf still (thank god, or would be going stir crazy), and they recommend that is good for your mental health!
It is utterly ridiculous that all cricket has been cancelled and local football has been postponed but the AFL is still going ahead, how are they more immune than anyone else?
North Haven is hosting a SAPSASA cricket competition this week, I'm surprised that went ahead.

I think Cricket Australia over reacted and of course everyone was going to follow suit. Kids are still in school (which I agree with) so I guess no reason for SAPSASA to not continue.
There was no way we were going to get more than 500 at our semi final this week in section 8 :lol:
by Arch44
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

6 teams in this Div now, with Greenacres pulling the pin and HDFC taking the offer to go up to D6 after Lodge and OSB declined.
May as well just merge the 6 teams into the C grade divs.

Good from the Raiders though, hope you're allowed to remain in D6 in 2021.

Piss weak from the Lodge

Ridiculous not to take the offer to go up. Sand bagging at its finest.
by Arch44
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Sounds like WC got the rough end of the stick with the umpiring v Pooraka, good win away though keeps them in the mix.
Watch the replay and draw your own conclusions pal.
Bugger that. No one actually watches them besides you do they?
That’s why I’m a better coach than you. 8)

Get back to me when you have coached AGrade footy ;)
by Arch44
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Shout out and congrats to Kym Rasheed playing his 450th tomorrow at Fitzroy.
by Arch44
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Can I get my money back?

In all serious I do think you have a right to know if your money is going to a coach payout.

Here and now isn't probably the right time for that to be answer but in my best Brian Taylor voice boy oh boy oh boy I would expect that question to be answered truthfully at the AGM.

Albeit I expect we know the answer will be 'all donations contributed to the total operational costs of the club.'

Which I am ok with. At the time the call went out it was all doom and gloom because of the pandemic and now its no so doom and gloom for some.

I haven't been to a centrals game for a couple of years and answered the call financially when the call came out and if its to contribute to coaching pay out so be it.
by Arch44
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2021

Hawkers are in.
by Arch44
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

morell wrote:Ohh yes tell us more about the dizzying heights of division 4 reserves...

Bet you guys have sparkling water in your drink bottles :(

Nice. That's something to look forward to
by Arch44
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Sounds like Rosewater are sorting things out and will be ok.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |