Search found 219 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Makes absolutely no sense.
If BL have enough for 2 sides they should not go down to Div 5.
Effectively they have gone from Div 3 to Div 5.
I hope there are no red faces come August/September at Thebby at least we know 2 that won't.

Agree with this. Its been ok the last couple of years for Abahma's to spend and recruit from other clubs and soon as they get hit they cry to the league who give them what they want. How about doing it tough like other clubs have in the past and are currently. They get 2 sides together they should be where they are meant to be and not in Div5.
by Arch44
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

We have been informed that even if Kilburn go down to one side, their A Grade will still be in D3 and D3R would have the bye, but Kilburn have reassured the league they plan on having both.

Not sure if the staying in D3 idea is Kilburn's choice, or if the league can't fit them into any of the C grade comps, but if it is Kilburn's call, kudos to them.
Bit more ballsey than Brahma Lodge.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

The Riddler wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Morning Riddler.

Morning

Coyote and Sheepdog?
by Arch44
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:A Grade:
Rd 1 - LOST v Para Vista
Rd 2 - WON v Magill
Rd 3 - WON v Adel Lutheran
Rd 4 - LOST v Rose Park
Rd 5 - WON v NEK
Rd 6 - WON v Fitzroy

Rd 7 - LOST v Seaton
Rd 8 - WON v Magill
Rd 9 - DRAW v Para Vista
Rd 10 - WON v Seaton
SF - WON v Adel Lutheran

You left off the GF ;)
by Arch44
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

So you are comparing the actions of Enfield's skipper waving the bat in the face of one of our blokes and threatening to knock his teeth out compared to what ever it is we have meant to of done?
by Arch44
Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Its a promotion relegation system that shouldn't change. If you cant field 2 sides then you go to the Cgrade comp with one side like we did in early 2000s and rebuild from there or you have a crack at the grade you are meant to be in like Kilburn have done. Whether its 50 goals or 10 goals you are where you should be. In my opinion its farcical this happened.
by Arch44
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leadership group meeting with the coach and also A grade squad meeting followed by all team general meeting maybe

seems normal to me
:? That's normal? Seems a bit much to me.

I'm sure there is a fair reason why they are taking this course of action - if in fact it is even happening that is.. Who are we to judge them on the way they go about their business preparing between games?

Because we know everything PG that's why :lol:
by Arch44
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out . You blokes get the points that's what really matters.

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

Gotta say that was my 1st trip to Rose Pk for cricket so was unaware of anything really, wasn't as funny as the scorers not meeting half way though. :lol:
by Arch44
Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.

So we should just forfeit this week and save the risk of getting injuries/reports etc? Give me a break. Anything can happen in footy as proven to us in the Bgrade last week.
by Arch44
Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes (7th) v Lockleys (5th)
Match of the round for me. Couple of interesting clashes between the top 4 sides this week, but with Fitzroy and Central United having matches they should win comfortably, it adds to the enormity of the outcome of this match.

Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Lockleys have struggled for consistency so far since losing a few of their better players over summer. They have an opportunity to consolidate their position in the 5 if they can win, and are a tougher unit at home, but should they lose, they will likely be leap frogged by Fitzroy and suddenly only be a game ahead of Lakes and Units.
You obsessed with Mawson Lakes or what??

Rosewater (1st) v Ingle Farm (2nd)......Pretty sure this is your Match of the Round :roll:
Agree with Riddler 1v2 qualifies as match of the round.

Gents I would hate to point the obvious but clearly Phantom is using the line 'Flying under the radar' and putting it in to practice as opposed to posting it on facebook. Ingle farm are clearly going along as well as anyone in the comp sitting 2nd clearly states that BUT I still cant see anyone getting over the top of Rosewater I guess the margin Saturday will determine how far or close the Farmers are.........

Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!
Apparently margin doesn't mean much but shots on goal does.....
by Arch44
Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't say they were unbeatable , but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.

:shock: 8)
:lol: Nice work hidden one.
by Arch44
Mon May 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Texting my wife instead of my son asking his opinion on her 40th birthday present idea.
by Arch44
Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Texting my wife instead of my son asking his opinion on her 40th birthday present idea.

:lol:

Fantastic!

"You can't think of something yourself?"

Yeah I did but value his input. Needless to say he is a bit brighter than me.

see Arch - others here are paying you out, and needless to say they haven't actually fully considered what a superb and brilliant tactic you just did.

everyone Is laughing, but in reality, what you have done, is you have shown your wife that you are actually thinking about her birthday and you are looking for options etc.

:lol: Oh yeah that's exactly what I was I doing. Spot on MT79
by Arch44
Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

While I don't have the skills to have the option to play in a league beneath my ability. Why play with a bunch of people you don't know, may not like or get along with when you can play with friends, celebrate with friends etc?

Playing with friends is the only reason i still strap the boots on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Do you play for a club or your mates?
Is it too hard to make new friends and team mates to celebrate with?
by Arch44
Fri May 30, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Back on topic then, did anyone see #45 for Mitchell Park kick that goal from the boundary line in the pouring rain with 3 Owls hanging off him?

Early contender for GOTY some were saying.

No I was at West Croydon :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doc Neeson gone

Great band, great front man. RIP
Long line my favourite.
by Arch44
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Having the tv on at work during the day and watching the replays of the world cup from the morning.
by Arch44
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:you shag one goat and the whole town knows about it instantly and judges.
For goodness sakes, leave Houghton out of it.

Ah good I was waiting for the Hanson Rd Hookers reference.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Cold Chisel at Clipsal.
by Arch44
Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wedding Band

The Bluff. I'm a bit bias my wife sings with them. Generally play down and around the Port if its rock your after that's what they play. I little bit cheaper than other bands too.
by Arch44
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our division smashes the other divisions on here when it comes to dribble to keep ourselves amused.
by Arch44
Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Our division smashes the other divisions on here when it comes to dribble to keep ourselves amused.

This division smashes other divisions with everything. Div 6 is simply the best. :heart: :heart:

Love hearts Morrell? You old romantic.
by Arch44
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The footy Show.
by Arch44
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon do it ike you would Supercoach style, with fwds, mids ,backs, and rucks.
by Arch44
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

West Croydon V Rosewater
by Arch44
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 6 tipping 2014

LEADERBOARD
77: Arch44
76: Junior Coach
74: LM
73: TDK
72: Zedman, MBK, Mr Beefy
70: X Runna, Carey
69: PG

Congratulations to Arch44 for winning the tipping, and to Phantom Gossiper for his first 69 since high school * AND he came last for a change - what a considerate lover 8)

*denotes may not be true
Thanks PG and good work with the running it.
I am happy to give a speech at training tomorrow night if you guys want to attend ;)
by Arch44
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Yeah have been pretty lucky so far against your mobs and hopefully that continues this week against PG mob.

Pull your head in! :lol:

;) Well it is lining up in order of the cricket finals
by Arch44
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL annoying the Power this week.
by Arch44
Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Ian wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Mawson Lakes Premiers U beauty!!!

Yep, it was a dominating win by the Mawson B grade side

Flag is a flag regardless. Well done lads.
by Arch44
Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

What does everyone think this WC will mean for ODIs?

If they can't get good crowds in Oz for an ODI WC, the ODI are dead

Crowds will be shit, no one cares about games that don't involve their nation.

Having said that, I have great tickets for the England vs Bangladesh game, the India vs Pakistan game would be awesome but I'm too scared to go to that one.
I was told the India V Pakis is a sell out?
Good luck catching a cab that day.
:lol: That's like the recent tour match at the bay, taxis were lined up along the road while they were all out watching India train in the nets.
by Arch44
Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Yeah fair enough,

Principally, my key points are:

1. The standard of umpiring in the SAAFL is not good enough - for a myriad of reasons - and should be improved
2. They are nowhere near accountable enough for poor decisions and performances
3. We have developed a culture of over protectionism of umpires - which causes a myriad of problems and limits our ability to address #1.
4. Umpires discussing teams and their reputations with a predetermined course of action is an abject disgrace - but a long held suspicion.

I think you like the word myriad.
by Arch44
Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Enjoyed the 20/20 at NEK last night cheers for the free snags after too lads. Copped a spray from Baldo whilst batting. He gets a bit fiery doesn't he :lol:
by Arch44
Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Failed Creation wrote:
Arch44 wrote:No mate lol I only played 1 week against your Agrade at your home ground earlier on.

Nice!

If I knew you were coming out, I'd have stopped for a chat.

All good, next time I will say gday.
by Arch44
Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think they should still be entitled to recognise their history and should do so. A 're-branding' is a good idea though, new guernsey, new mascot, maybe new colours.

I don't disagree, not one bit.

Um what have Mawson Lakes done wrong in this whole situation to have to look at changing there jumpers, colours and mascot?
Just drop all there history to satisfy the new St Paul's team?
League going to pay for this whole re branding you are mentioning as in the end they accepted this new team?

Nobody suggesting you've done anything wrong. It's working on the idea of building a stronger suburban identity.
I wouldn't be changing a thing Informer. Suburban Identity is already there I would have thought in the name "Mawson Lakes"
by Arch44
Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Wingies are in I believe. Well done lads step 1 achieved
by Arch44
Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:If it was good enough for the AFL and SANFL for years, then it's good enough for us.

Stop yer whinging.

Rubbish.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand that is an option but surely having a home game and event night at the club on the same day is still better than not playing at all? I cant see how having a bye is better than not playing at all.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are in the comp to play footy not have weeks off. We already get the June long weekend off.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch, I'd understand if you were bitching because you got one less home game to everyone else, or even if you had to play your last 9 games away even but unless you can come up with solution that is going to suit everyone, you need to accept it for what it is.

SOoking about it isn't going to change anything.
So it's called sooking because I Have a different OPINION? Of course I have accepted it doesn't mean I agree with it.
If we were the lowest grade I have no problems at all with having a bye.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:FFS, you're all getting 8 bloody home games! :roll:

Bitch for the sake of having a bitch why don't ya...

Oh no I have an opinion that's different to every one else :shock:
Yep and it should be 9 home games.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beef wrote:They've had enough favours, maybe they would get a nicer draw in their correct division

Put them in Div 3 then the bye is gone in both grades.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
beef wrote:They've had enough favours, maybe they would get a nicer draw in their correct division

Put them in Div 3 then the bye is gone in both grades.

Making div 6 an 8 team comp with no BYE, that would mean 7 home games, that would make you're head explode Arch..

:lol: True
by Arch44
Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You'll get 400 pages up if PG resurrects himself....

I doubt that will happen, I saw him this morning on North East road trying to sign up a cyclist. He's busy elsewhere.

He still reads tho, so I'm sure he'll appreciate the love! Hi PG!

PG may still be reviewing his cricket coaching performances after all 4 grades lost semi finals on the weekend.
by Arch44
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Q. wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:It's become a sad state of affairs when organising C-Grade teams takes priority over an entire club in Wingfield Royals

It didn't.

They were given more than enough time to meet requirements.

The requirements are a joke. They have enough for 1 team that should be enough for a club to survive.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CONFIRMED Trial games 2015

West Croydon V Kilburn @Wingfield tomorrow. Bgrade from 12.15 and Agrade follow.
by Arch44
Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Any one wants to say G'day during the season, I coach our Bgrade.
by Arch44
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st thing you do when the siren goes is shake the opposition coaches hand. Its not that hard.
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Is it really that big of a deal to forget or not shake hands with an opposition coach?

Personally, and although I've always done it, I did think it was an odd custom.

I believe it is. You are representing your club and shows respect to the opposition.
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Yeah sure, I mean, its polite, but I wouldn't have thought twice if a player didn't shake my hand or wandered off disappointedly.

It's hardly a heinous enough of a crime to mention on a forum, thats for sure.

All a matter of opinion Morell ;)
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Lots of positivity and new faces mate.
by Arch44
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |