Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

He ran out of fingers Chief. 8)
by Footy Chick
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

morell wrote:Really? I think it should be to win

oh yeah my bad. coaches dont need to come up with successful structures and make sure they're carried out.

before games coaches just need to walk in and tell the players to win, and watch the magic happen. easy.
by HH3
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Really? I think it should be to win

A coach's responsibility is to keep the players who don't like him away from the players who haven't made their mind up whether they like him.
by Q.
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Managing individuals doesn't mean if a player thinks he's above the other 20 players in the team on the day, he can pick and choose what positions he plays.

Thats like me sitting at back pocket and watching our forwards struggling, then just moseying up and having a crack up forward coz i think i would do a better job.

That shouldn't happen. Thats why the coach has the magnet board, and not the players.

From the outside looking in id say the team/individuals were managed pretty well considering the key forward kicked 117 goals, and the team made the Prelim in its first year in a tougher division, 12 months after playing off in a GF (be it unsuccessful).

Seems like the coach knew what he was doing (from the outside looking in, which is what you're doing too)
by HH3
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I will provide the analysis. It's like working out your batting average. If you haven't been dismissed(or won a flag) the average gets pretty big. So Ca$h Haven $1m for 0 flags = $1m per flag. Could have just recruited me for much less. I would have won a couple for you.

If you're "not out" then you don't have an average! If Haven's haven't won one, then there is no 'average per flag'.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |